Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Echoes of Umbra" feedback

Pyrewyn

Im so confused as to why this was added at all? Honestly sentient warframes to fight with us? Did DE forget specters exist? I do not see ANY point in even attempting to farm this new "content" because of how literally useless it is, i hate to be so negative all the time because im saying all this with love, but this is one of the most useless rewards theyve shown by far, if im being brutally honest. Seriously the warframe can fight for u while ur in tenno form AND it cant use its abilities? Thats literally a worse version of warframe specters not to mention we can only use it for 1 freaking day.....Seriously, like im really asking, who asked for this???

• Like 3

If they’re going to release more Umbras, I’d prefer them to be sidegrades to Primes rather then upgrades. Why would I bother buying a Prime Access pack that’s going to be rendered obsolete later? 

Also imo Frost should be the next Umbra, as he was the second Prime to release after Excalibur Prime and as such his visual design is quite dated. Literally a retexture with a slightly narrower neck and new helmet. 

Edited by FrostPrime
  • Like 1

On 2019-08-23 at 7:11 AM, AkyFenrir said:

The idea of this system is to provide a reward to get you back in missions. Right now you get everything and you don't get back there.
It's a try for infinite rewards. Making it permanent would negate their intention here.

There are almost 42 Warframes. And more coming. Many will want to Umbralize all thier frames. That is enough of a reason for those to keep going back to play the mode for the echoes. Also new frames every 3 months. 

It should be a permanent option Meaning, that the Warframe you choose to install the echo in will be able to be "Umbralized" or "DeUmbralized" by visiting the chair.  Maybe even those with a Umbra forma can be unbralized permanently when a echo is installed. 

All that said a temporary umbra mode for 24 hours is a joke. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

Did they explicitly state there will not be more Umbral frames? Because the existence of Echoes doesn't mean there never will be. In-fact having them a 24 hour effect means quite the opposite as it would keep actual Umbral frames more unique.

Also the topic of more Umbral frames is an iffy one to begin with; players do want them but DE is (or was) unsure with how to introduce more. Especially with the issue of how would their value be balanced with Primes. Umbral frames would risk making prime frames obsolete and Excalibur is the only exception because his prime is unobtainable.

Echoes works as the middle ground with adding Umbra frames as it gives players the Umbra effect without needing to make an entirely new frame. There are also clashing gameplay and story issues with making echoes permanent as the passive is detrimental in some circumstances but making a "toggle sentience" button breaks the already iffy story implications with echoes.

Makes no sense it's not a permanent upgrade for frames.

I mean, make it somewhat rare, one time use to give your favorite frames sentience forever. Otherwise it's pointless, especially in a game where you can make specters for dirt cheap from fast to complete rescue missions.

Who will bother farming something that allows your frame to be a dumb as brick AI helper for 24 hours only when in operator mode when you can just deploy a fully independent Specter and be able to stay in your frame and still get an Ai companion frame.

Really sucks too since I've been dying to make my own umbra ash ever since umbra forma got out ... Yet   now that we can finally make frames sentient, it's on a 24 h timer. Let's face it de, you will never have time to make all frames umbra, so just let us put our own umbra formas and turn our frames sentient already.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 3

Have to remember the only reason we got Umbra in the first place was because Excalibur Prime was a Founders Exclusive frame. It was a way for the rest of us to get "Excal Prime" without dishonoring the founders exclusive package. I don't think there should be any more Umbra's at all.

I agree with the other poster, if more Umbras do come out please make them sidegrades not upgrades. Went through a lot of effort to get all the primes out there now. Dont feel like having to redo all my effort for basically the same damn frames.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Who will bother farming something that allows your frame to be a dumb as brick AI helper for 24 hours only when in operator mode when you can just deploy a fully independent Spector.

But why deploy a fully independent Spector when you can have two ?

Because with this way of thinking, why do you even take a secondary weapon when you can already have one primary ?

Then don't farm it? I'll never farm aura forma because I find it entirely useless but I'm not going to complain about it because other people find uses for it.

Also as we can expect more operator focused content with New War involving more Sentient enemies we may end up spending more time as our operators which can potentially make echoes useful on it's own. But as it all stands now we kinda need the content to drop before passing it all off as useless.

And while people didn't explicitly ask for echoes people have been asking for more umbral frames and the umbra passive since The Sacrifice. Echoes can serve as a middle ground between normal frames and umbrals without making them pointless should we get more.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Makes no sense it's not a permanent upgrade for frames.

I mean, make it somewhat rare, one time use to give your favorite frames sentience forever. Otherwise it's pointless, especially in a game where you can make specters.

Who will bother farming something that allows your frame to be a dumb as brick AI helper for 24 hours only when in operator mode when you can just deploy a fully independent Spector.

Agreed. it should be a permanent option Meaning, that the Warframe you choose to install the echo in will be able to be "Umbralized" or "DeUmbralized" by visiting the chair. Maybe even make it so if a umbra forma was installed the echo can be permanent. 

But 24 hours is a joke, largely because most players play at most like 2-4 hours a day. 

well since my posts got merged ill put everything in the last one, i was happy about this new feature =D BUT

a temporal feature with no abilities, probably a consumable, being forced to play a kinda annoying game mode (at least for me), and with a pretty unsatisfying lore behind it...(why it needs to be a copy of umbras...ghost?)

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/dCdGHgF7yFHFK/giphy.gif

at least make it permanent, able to use abilities consuming your energy pool and lore wise being a specter AI getting installed on the warframe or something.

im not against it being a reward from disruption, i think it deserves some attention from players in general even if i personally don't like it much ( i usually play with the sound off and my own music on the background, so having to pay attention to in-game sound is kinda annoying)

Edited by Toppien
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Agreed. it should be a permanent option Meaning, that the Warframe you choose to install the echo in will be able to be "Umbralized" or "DeUmbralized" by visiting the chair. Maybe even make it so if a umbra forma was installed the echo can be permanent. 

But 24 hours is a joke, largely because most players play at most like 2-4 hours a day. 

still, this reward is still hot garbage because of how its a worse version of warframe specters

For the argument that it would make umbra frames useless, not really. For one, the sentience is more of a side benefit of umbra that the main drive, and the main appeal of future umbras would still be the abilities that are stronger vs sentient enemies, the included umbra forma slots, the exclusive look but mostly, the new umbra mods for each new umbra frames.

Just now, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

For the argument that it would make umbra frames useless, not really. For one, the sentience is more of a side benefit of umbra that the main drive, and the main appeal of future umbras would still be the abilities that are stronger vs sentient enemies, the included umbra forma slots, the exclusive look but mostly, the new umbra mods for each new umbra frames.

tbh i wouldnt hold out hope for those umbral frames to come out, it sounds as plausible as de bringing raids back

20 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

still, this reward is still hot garbage because of how its a worse version of warframe specters

I mean yeah, it is pretty lacking. It's like a nerfed Spectre that will be twice as hard to get.

tenor.gif

But hey, it's not my game. Lol DE does what DE does. 🤷 All we can do is offer suggestions to make it even alittle better..

I'm just counting the days till BL3 September 13.DE can take as long as they want for whatever they want. 

GONNE BE GETTIN SOME!! 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove