Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Echoes of Umbra" feedback

Pyrewyn

10 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

I mean yeah, it is pretty lacking. It's like a nerfed Spectre that will be twice as hard to get.

tenor.gif

But hey, it's not my game. Lol DE does what DE does. 🤷 All we can do is offer suggestions to make it even alittle better..

I'm just counting the days till BL3 September 13.DE can take as long as they want for whatever they want. 

GONNE BE GETTIN SOME!! 

sounds like fun should i get that game?

Yes this is really dumb. 24 hours for this like why?

if it’s permanent sure then when we Tenno to res someone are frame keeps killing. It’s like the only use umbras ability has. Other then that why?

and no abilities for the work we need to do for this it needs to be broken crazy to even bother to farm.

• Like 1

Umbra offers a great way to introduced a lot of bite sized pieces of lore, it would be a waste to not capitalize on that. I know it might be a little unpopular because of vaulting and what not, but if they're really that concerned about devaluing prime warframes then they should just make owning the corresponding prime a requirement to earning a future umbra frame. If you can't unlock the umbra miny quest or w/e they might introduce without already owning the prime then the prime isn't going to be any less valued. 

4 hours ago, FrostPrime said:

If they’re going to release more Umbras, I’d prefer them to be sidegrades to Primes rather then upgrades. Why would I bother buying a Prime Access pack that’s going to be rendered obsolete later? 

Also imo Frost should be the next Umbra, as he was the second Prime to release after Excalibur Prime and as such his visual design is quite dated. Literally a retexture with a slightly narrower neck and new helmet. 

For me personally, the ideal setup for Umbra VS Prime is as follows:

Umbras have inherent Umbral Polarities, while Primes have more than average normal polarities,

Primes have higher stats and the inherent Death Orb energy passive(which, lets be honest, might as well not even be there since no one farms the Void anymore), to counterbalance Umbra's "Not a Statue" passive.

4 hours ago, FrostPrime said:

If they’re going to release more Umbras, I’d prefer them to be sidegrades to Primes rather then upgrades. Why would I bother buying a Prime Access pack that’s going to be rendered obsolete later? 

Also imo Frost should be the next Umbra, as he was the second Prime to release after Excalibur Prime and as such his visual design is quite dated. Literally a retexture with a slightly narrower neck and new helmet. 

What if not all frames got prime but then got Umbra?

12 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

What if not all frames got prime but then got Umbra?

Not really a fan of that idea honestly, especially if the Umbras have the same gameplay traits as Excalibur Umbra. There are players who dislike the sentience passive for example, and if the only upgrade to their favorite frame was an Umbra that forced said sentience on them if they wanted better stats then that would be a rather crappy situation.

Plus then you would have a split in the community where people would want their frame to be either Umbra’d or Prime’d, with each release only satisfying one side at a time. 

If the Umbra was in name/appearance only to fit with the lore or something then that’d be fine I guess.

2 minutes ago, XenophageKnight said:

Here me out for second, instead of releasing new frames, why don't we get an Umbra-lizer quest that takes your primed frame and makes it an Umbra. This would prevent primes from being left out of the loop. I'm not sure about the number of Umbral slots they should have if any 

If anything I think for new umbras to come out maybe a few new umbral mods would need to be added considering not all three of the current ones will benefit a hypothetical full umbra roster.

After seeing a few video's about echoes of umbra I kind of felt double sided on the subject.

There have been people asking for getting to option to make their frames sentient like umbra so for them it is a good thing. But I don’t see why it is only for 24 hours as grinding the same thing just to so your frames does its thing they way you want to would (for me) get boring and frustrating very very quickly. So in my opinion it should be forever but also give people the option to take it off.

For the rest (this includes me as well) I still don’t see a reason to play disruption. Although if I remember correctly one of the new frames bps were rewards from disruption. Correct me if I’m wrong there, However even if they are your grind a bit to get them and then you have no reason to play disruption anymore. So why not make umbra weapons where you get the blueprint and resources for them from disruption. Those umbra weapons wouldn’t be a straight upgrade like primes but a side grade. Let’s look at bows since those are simple examples, bows are more meant to take down priority targets but fall behind when it comes to large groups of enemies. So a bow that shoots multiple arrows and has a wide range on the attack would be an ideal side grade. If you are struggling with imagining what I said think about how the cernos works and how the cernos prime works. That would be an reward and progression that I personally would be happy to go back for. It is more progression that a lot of people want and would give people a reason to come back to disruption which is what DE wants.

I didn’t add umbra frames as I don’t remember what DE said about it and like Excalibur umbra who has pretty much the same abilities as Excalibur (pirme) but look slightly different and has a different passive would be more work to add. Plus again just making umbra’s different looking primes would not be the right way to go about it in my opinion.  just like the umbra weapons I just mentioned umbra frames should be side grades.

• Like 1

Echoes will be just about as useful and/or pointless as K-Drives. Sure, it'll be a fun little thing to poke around with, but in the end, is it even necessary? Archwings outclass K-Drives in the same way Specters outclass the Operator, Echoes of Umbra and even Umbra himself (in terms of normal, run-of-the-mill missions). The only time we're ever actively using Operators for combat is in Eidolons, and even then, what do our Frames abilities do to Eidolon's shields? To our own and allies' Operators? Nothing. Who plays the game solely with their Operator? No one. Echoes of Umbra, like K-Drives, are a gimmick, and are ultimately not useful. But at least K-Drives are mastery fodder *wheeze*

After seeing what it's all about and how it works I can only say that it's useless, like honestly DE should just outright drop it, it's not worth the effort.

It's pretty much a weaker form of Umbra's sentience(unable to use abilities) and being limited by a timer while also being a rare drop pretty much nullifies any interest in getting it in the first place. It's pretty much a specter for your warframe with only difference that it can go down like Umbra.

If anything, this takes away from Umbra as a variation specific thing, instead it would be better if they focused on bringing out new Umbra frames than this useless bootleg feature.

Won't.even.bother.!!! I don't care for my operator beyond tridolon.... Here's an Idea: use this new mode to introduce players to crafted amalgam mods... DE creates a "kuva like" resource, which we can use in "combining" 2 Warframe mods into an amalgam one! All Warframe mods are clustered into 3 groups
1) non combining (umbral, aura, corrupted mods etc)
2) group A - most used/basic/powerful mods (streamline, flow, stretch, primed continuity...)
3) group B - utility/fun/less-used mods (motus signal, intruder, proton pulse...)
A player can combine only one from group A with one from group B to make his/her own unique amalgam mod.
For example I could combine one of my "stretch" mods with one of my "rending turn" to have both benefits. That way a plethora of unused mods can have a spot in our builds and due to so many possible combinations we would farm again and again that "kuva type" resource! Just so we can creat new combinations like stretch+motus signal... Stretch+warm coat... streamline+thief's wit... Etc...

So, "Echoes of Umbra" is a 24h consumable for a warframe which gives a mind of it's own and has a 2 part dropping table and a bp. That's just a small window of usability and I don't think anyone will farm for that just so the warframe follow you in action like Excalibur Umbra does.

This "Echoes of Umbra" should be a prologue to Umbra frames and this is how I think it should be for now: 

• you go and farm the parts, make the blueprint and install it on a warframe of choice;
  • make the consumable permanent and usable on only ONE warframe(player's choice);
  • after you install it or when the blueprint is made, ordis will say to you  Are you sure you want to install it, operator?Prolonged usage of this item will make your warframe unstable. or something like that
  • after that and until the actual Umbra quest for more umbra frames comes out, the warframe with the most "Echoes of Umbra" installed should be the next umbra