Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many of you like the current riven system?

Xehalin

Just now, JawNuts said:

The current system promotes players NOT to use the weapons they like so the weapons riven disposition doesn't get nerfed. Not a fan

I really don’t think 1 players choices could effect riven disposition. 

If you’re going to gamble, learn to take the losses. 

1 minute ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

How would it be better exactly? Most of the complaints I read here are about the fundamental nature of what rivens are. They are RNG incarnate and disposition makes them volatile. If you addressed these “problems” they wouldn’t be rivens anymore.

The main problem with the entirety of the Riven System as a whole is that it’s just a band-aid, that’s it. I’d much rather them be removed from the game if I’m being honest since they serve no purpose to be in the game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

How would it be better exactly? Most of the complaints I read here are about the fundamental nature of what rivens are. They are RNG incarnate and disposition makes them volatile. If you addressed these “problems” they wouldn’t be rivens anymore.

You do realise something being fundamental doesn't exempt it from Being Flawed... 

If thats where the probem is then hey guess what... thats probably where you should start by fixing it....

• Like 2

The disposition system is not good, I think it should be based on the strength of the weapon instead. I wish there was some way to influence what riven you get. I wish kuva dropped in higher quantities, the rng slotmachine would feel a little bit better if players got to roll more often. Kuva dropping at double the current amount would be a tremendous improvement.

I like it well enough. I never feel like I need a riven but it's nice when I get one for a weapon I like. Getting a riven for a weapon I've never used before is always reason enough to give it a try when I may not have otherwise, and I like that. I go back to my favorite (riven free) weapons eventually. 

I would like a little less rng but im not very invested in the riven system. 

I like it.

I honestly don’t think i would still be playing Warframe if it weren’t for rivens. I have thousands of hours played, and i still get excited every time when i unveil a riven for a weapon. 

It motivates me to try out all kinds of weapons and builds that i normally would not care about at all. It gives me a meaningful goal to chase, and man does it feel amazing to roll yourself something even close to a “god roll”

The entire system is far from perfect, but im glad its in the game, thats for sure.

Edited by (PS4)SpIitSnake
  • Like 5

Just now, Lutesque said:

You do realise something being fundamental doesn't exempt it from Being Flawed... 

If thats where the probem is then hey guess what... thats probably where you should start by fixing it....

I do realize that, but what everyone who dislikes rivens seems to actually want is a build your own mod system, not a random  stat system. If rivens became more stable or there was some guarantee that investment guaranteed return, they wouldn’t really be rivens. They’d be something else.

• Like 1

Just now, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

I do realize that, but what everyone who dislikes rivens seems to actually want is a build your own mod system, not a random  stat system. If rivens became more stable or there was some guarantee that investment guaranteed return, they wouldn’t really be rivens. They’d be something else.

Yeah... And ? 

Is that a problem ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

I change my mind... we don't need a better system... Rivens should just die....

We just need some high end levels to use ours rivens, it's not so hard but DE want people to play the same boring missions with the same OP weapons.... Other games have identical mechanics to the rivens but they even have high end levels...

3 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

We just need some high end levels to use ours rivens, it's not so hard but DE want people to play the same boring missions with the same OP weapons.... Other games have identical mechanics to the rivens but they even have high end levels...

You need a good riven first.... 

It would be poinless to create content around something that just refuses to spit out usable stats.... 

1 minute ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

No it’s not. But it wouldn’t be a riven. It would be something else.

And Preserving what rivens are is more important than fixing something that causes so many complaints ?

Just now, Lutesque said:

You need a good riven first.... 

It would be poinless to create content around something that just refuses to spit out usable stats.... 

And Preserving what rivens are is more important than fixing something that causes so many complaints ?

After thousand of rivens you will trash it's mathematically impossible you don't have a decent riven.

• Like 2

Most people here seem to not like the RNG that's involved in rivens...when the whole game is based around RNG. RNG is sometimes necessary to keep things fresh. If i was to complain about rivens then it's more about the current ways of obtaining kuva. I can see how people can get frustrated when they spend an hour in a survival for just 2 rolls and both of them ending in terrible stats.

Edited by IceColdHawk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bibmobello said:

After thousand of rivens you will trash it's mathematically impossible you don't have a decent riven.

LoL.... Warframe doesn't operate on something logical as Math....

More importantly I said... good... not Decent....

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

Most people here seem to not like the RNG that's involved in rivens...when the whole game is based around RNG. RNG is sometimes necessary to keep things fresh. If i was to complain about rivens then it's more about the current ways of obtaining kuva. I can see how people can get frustrated when they spend an hour in a survival for just 2 rolls and both of them ending in terrible stats.

Thats true... but just can't leave RNG to run Rampant without control....

Mind you most of your time spent with Warframe's RNG consists of you NOT getting the reward you want....

This means by default the RNG is just a source of Dissappointment and Frustration...

Also if Warframe is so RNG at its core why the hell do we even need game play at all ? Whats the point of level design, enemy design, the parkour, the combat, etc ? Why not just replace literally all of that with lever or dice roll if thats the Core Experience ? 

Just now, Lutesque said:

Thats true... but just can't leave RNG to run Rampant without control....

Mind you most of your time spent with Warframe's RNG consists of you NOT getting the reward you want....

This means by default the RNG is just a source of Dissappointment and Frustration...

Also if Warframe is so RNG at its core why the hell do we even need game play at all ? Whats the point of level design, enemy design, the parkour, the combat, etc ? Why not just replace literally all of that with lever or dice roll if thats the Core Experience ? 

Do you know DE will take you seriously?

5 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Because RNG is what keeps people playing. If you can get everything handed out instantly you wouldn't have thousands of hours in game time.

• Like 3

I'm not exactly fond of it, it really doesn't solve as many issues as most people think.

Some weapons are all but unsalvageable, even with a crazy strong Riven the weapon's base stats are just too mediocre to benefit from it.

Meanwhile even at Disposition 1 strong weapons still benefit from Rivens because more often than not, multiple weak stats are better than one strong stat, for example, any amount of Crit Rate/ Crit Damage and Base Damage is good on a crit weapon, and rivens stack with the normal crit mods too.

The raw output that can be reached can also cause issues with enemy design, anyone remember the Wolf of Saturn Six? Because that mofo had some of the community killing him in seconds because of crazy riven mods while other more normal players would take 20-30 minutes to do the same.

Edited by Aldain