Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Case Study

bibmobello

Remnant: From the Ashes a game from where DE can take inspiration.

i mean :

1) Big enemies don't die in 1 shot and they are hard as hell.

2) The damage system has a meaning...

3) It's hard as hell solo and only hard in coop but it's not an hardcore game.

4) There are few good weapons, it's not filled with useless weapons.

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...Isn't Remnant a Souls-like game?

Because Warframe doesn't need to become a Souls-like game, as a matter of fact, no game needs to be a Souls-like game.

No it's not, Honestly I haven't played it yet, i was watching some walkthroughs and it's a third person looter horde shooter. They took some "inspiration" from the DS souls series like the doors with fog before a boss and the checkpoints but it's far away from  DS, they are 2 different kind of games.

Edited by bibmobello

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

No it's not, Honestly I haven't played it yet, i was watching some walkthroughs and it's a third person looter horde shooter. They took some "inspiration" from the DS souls series like the doors with fog before a boss and the checkpoints but it's far away from  DS, they are 2 different kind of games.

Having actually played it through, it's a souls-like game.

Looter shooter is the last thing the game is. Hell, if this is a looter shooter then Dark Souls is a looter stabber.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

Remnant: From the Ashes a game from where DE can take inspiration.

i mean :

ok, i'm sorry but the last time i heard someone just talking like this was me after almost a 5th of vodka

2 hours ago, bibmobello said:

No it's not, Honestly I haven't played it yet, i was watching some walkthroughs and it's a third person looter horde shooter.

How can you compare another game in a different genre without having even played it yourself? Because seriously, the few videos I've watched literally says the game is "souls with guns."

50 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Having actually played it through, it's a souls-like game.

Looter shooter is the last thing the game is. Hell, if this is a looter shooter then Dark Souls is a looter stabber.

If a game is a little harder, it doesn't necessary mean it is a DS clone, moreover i haven't seen hundred of enemies running towards you in DS.

Well, we will have to maiming strike helpless enemies here again...

8 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

If a game is a little harder, it doesn't necessary mean it is a DS clone, moreover i haven't seen hundred of enemies running towards you in DS.

Well, we will have to maiming strike helpless enemies here again...

I don't see what that has to do with my response. Difficulty isn't mentioned in my response at all.

13 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I don't see what that has to do with my response. Difficulty isn't mentioned in my response at all.

It means DS is focused on a bunch of really strong enemies, in Remnant you have few big strong enemies surrounded by hundred of little hungry enemies.

Take the ancients infested, they look a bunch of idiots... The only heavy unit giving a bit of hard times is the Nox.

I am not saying WF should be a dark soul game neither being remnant, the post it's called Case study for a reason.

A lot of people are asking for harder content but when someone show something a bit harder, the first reaction is "OMG no like dark soul!", without considering there are hardest modern games like Ninja gaiden...

Edited by bibmobello

Just now, bibmobello said:

It means DS is focused on a bunch of really strong enemies, in Remnant you have few big strong enemies surrounded by hundred of little hungry enemies.

Take the ancients infested, they look a bunch of idiots... The only heavy unit giving a bit of hard times is the Nox.

I am not saying WF should be a dark soul game neither being remnant, the post it's called Case study for a reason.

A lot of people are asking for harder content but when someone show something a bit harder, the first reaction is "OMG no like dark soul!"

Heh, I made a thread about slight improvement and I got accused wanting to turn warframe to other game

If its anything like Dark Souls then no... its not hard.... its just cheap.....

Now lets go over those points 1 by 1:

Warframe can't just up the toughness of Big enemies.... it spawns way to many of them at once... 

If you want tougher enemies then the spawn rate and limit needs to follow accordingly. 

And with that said... this isn't going to make Warframe more fun.... sure enemies take longer to kill but this doesn't automatically make the game more fun to play.... especially if the AI is going to remain as simple as it is....

No game was ever fixed by just upping the Enemy Hitpoints... if it was that simple this thread wouldn't exist...

No Damage system has meaning... atleast not from what I've seen so far....

That being said... How is Ash Remenants different ? 

If Its got a "This damage type works best against this enemy and that damage type works best against that enemy"....  then I've already lost interest.... Every game does this now and now the burdem is on you to change damage every time you go up against different enemies....

Its a Chore....

Is the only reason to Co-Op because its hard ? Not because its fun to play with friends/strangerz ? 

Are there actually any Co-Op gameplay mechanics.... ? 

Give it time... Any game that uses RPG Looter design eventually will have Junk.... it may not necessarily be weapons but junk is inevitable....

Well.... atleast its not free to play.... the developers have less incentive screw you out of essential items. 

Just now, 844448 said:

Heh, I made a thread about slight improvement and I got accused wanting to turn warframe to other game

Yes i am starting to think that most people wrote that they want an hardest game but when you offer them something concrete, they retreat.

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

If its anything like Dark Souls then no... its not hard.... its just cheap.....

Now lets go over those points 1 by 1:

Warframe can't just up the toughness of Big enemies.... it spawns way to many of them at once... 

If you want tougher enemies then the spawn rate and limit needs to follow accordingly. 

And with that said... this isn't going to make Warframe more fun.... sure enemies take longer to kill but this doesn't automatically make the game more fun to play.... especially if the AI is going to remain as simple as it is....

No game was ever fixed by just upping the Enemy Hitpoints... if it was that simple this thread wouldn't exist...

No Damage system has meaning... atleast not from what I've seen so far....

If Its got a "This damage type works best against this enemy and that damage type works best against that enemy"....  then I've already lost interest.... Every game does this now and now the burdem is on you to change damage every time you go up against different enemies....

Its a Chore....

Is the only reason to Co-Op because its hard ? Not because its fun to play with friends/strangerz ? 

Give it time... Any game that uses RPG Looter design eventually will have Junk.... it may not necessarily be weapons but junk is inevitable....

Well.... atleast its not free to play.... the developers have less incentive screw you out of essential items. 

Damage systems must follow regular math and logic rules. C'mon! A weapon can't have impact, piercing and slash at the same time , overall considering most of them are totally useless in this game.

5 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

in Remnant you have few big strong enemies surrounded by hundred of little hungry enemies.

No that's a pretty accurate representation of Dark Souls as well most of the time.

Furthermore that's not what the games are "focused on". I'd argue that both are focused more on bosses than anything else.

8 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Damage systems must follow regular math and logic rules. C'mon! A weapon can't have impact, piercing and slash at the same time , overall considering most of them are totally useless in this game.

I think damage should be simpler than that....

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

I think damage should be simpler than that....

In fact in wf the damage system is stupidly complicated but they can't change it because they have hundred of useless mods and abilities builded around it.

Edited by bibmobello

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

That's what make it fun though, combining many things to reach absurd results like 6x tridolon in duo

Yes spamming energy pizzas and using macros and only with a god riven for rubico or lanka(yes because these rivens even with 1 star are strangely OP)...

Edited by bibmobello

12 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Its a Chore....

It does not. The damage system is primarily around building around a playstyle, as weapon upgrades just follow the Dark Souls style of just +1/+2/+3 etc all the way up to +20. The modifications you apply to the weapons provide unique effects, such as shooting fireballs, growing an armour of thorns or teleporting you.

For example: The Hunter Archetype gear provides increased weakpoint damage when shooting an enemy from further than 15m away, so you use a precise weapon and take advantage of that.

The Scrapper Archetype gear provides increased damage to enemies within 2.5m of you, benefiting shotguns and melee weapons.

The Akari set provides increased melee and crit chance after performing a perfect dodge.

The Slayer set provides increased damage on the first shot after reloading, benefiting the crossbow and sniper most of all.

The list goes on. 

19 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

You can revive one another at the cost of one of your Estus Flasks Dragon Hearts.

19 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

What?

Just now, 844448 said:

That's what make it fun though, combining many things to reach absurd results like 6x tridolon in duo

For some people... sure.... 

Most people prefer things they can understand. You point a gun at an enemy... Pull the trigger.... enemy dies....

This is how games like Tomb Raider or Gears Of War work....

But nope... not Warframe.... in Warframe you must look up the wiki to understand why such a simple process isn't working....