Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Case Study

bibmobello

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So people should support the attempt to insert aspects of a style/genre that they don't enjoy? 

The wolf was objectively "harder", and typically didn't "die in one shot". People complained. Repeatedly. Loudly. 

Well, it takes all kinds. 1 shot everything with Maiming strike become boring after a while.

7 hours ago, bibmobello said:

In fact in wf the damage system is stupidly complicated but they can't change it because they have hundred of useless mods and abilities builded around it.

join my discord in about 10 minutes, I can teach you everything about damage in an hour.

1 minute ago, bibmobello said:

Well, it takes all kinds. 1 shot everything with Maiming strike become boring after a while.

So... Take off the thing you're intentionally choosing to use that's making it boring?

I mean in this thread we already saw that changing from Nezha to Mesa or Equinox made a significant difference in how we had to approach a problem. 

7 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

It does not. The damage system is primarily around building around a playstyle, as weapon upgrades just follow the Dark Souls style of just +1/+2/+3 etc all the way up to +20. The modifications you apply to the weapons provide unique effects, such as shooting fireballs, growing an armour of thorns or teleporting you.

For example: The Hunter Archetype gear provides increased weakpoint damage when shooting an enemy from further than 15m away, so you use a precise weapon and take advantage of that.

The Scrapper Archetype gear provides increased damage to enemies within 2.5m of you, benefiting shotguns and melee weapons.

The Akari set provides increased melee and crit chance after performing a perfect dodge.

The Slayer set provides increased damage on the first shot after reloading, benefiting the crossbow and sniper most of all.

The list goes on. 

Interesting.... 

Im surprised they didn't go for the low hanging fruit.... :) 

You can revive one another at the cost of one of your Estus Flasks Dragon Hearts.

Thats it ? 

What?

What do you mean what ?

19 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Thats it ? 

What were you expecting?

The ability to revive one another alone means that the game has more co-op mechanics than Dark Souls.

20 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

What do you mean what ?

I mean, "what?".

9 hours ago, bibmobello said:

moreover i haven't seen hundred of enemies running towards you in DS.

This does happen in the Ninja Gaiden game series.  People act like Dark Souls is the only game in existance with difficulty.  It isn't.  There are plenty.  Ace Combat is one such series that has a steep learning curve. 

seems to not be a case study  

swear i see this repeatedly

1: new game does "this" better ("this" being a biased point of view on something new game does that poster enjoys but not everyone likes) 

2 : what warframe can learn from..(lists off stuff )

honest answer is warframe dosnt need to copy other games as its got its own style , if everygame copied from each other it be pretty stale this new ashes game is literally a dark souls with guns from what ive seen and its kinda buggy

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

seems to not be a case study  

swear i see this repeatedly

1: new game does "this" better ("this" being a biased point of view on something new game does that poster enjoys but not everyone likes) 

2 : what warframe can learn from..(lists off stuff )

honest answer is warframe dosnt need to copy other games as its got its own style , if everygame copied from each other it be pretty stale this new ashes game is literally a dark souls with guns from what ive seen and its kinda buggy

Not that buggy tbh. Shy deliberately shows the buggy moments, that's her thing.

I don't wanna be insistent but when you play a level 3 sortie, smoking a cigarette and watching the TV while smashing randomly the melee button and dealing 90% damage, makes you understand something needs a rework...

Dark soul or not.

Edited by bibmobello