Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With Umbra Echoes on the way, will Umbra Forma´s give us the same Effect?

AntiZepher

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Sorry the only thing I could google were videos, which I can't watch at work. What are Umbra echoes?

Lua Disruption gives you this thing called "Echoes of Umbra", which can turn any frame you put in the Helminth Chair sentient like Umbra. 2 Part drop. BP from Kuva Disruption, other part from Lua Disruption. 

So while you do your Operator thing, your frame can run about. No abilities tho. 

Edit: it's also 24 hours. Not permanent. 

Edited by sleepychewbacca
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Lua Disruption gives you this thing called "Echoes of Umbra", which can turn any frame you put in the Helminth Chair sentient like Umbra. 

So while you do your Operator thing, your frame can run about. No abilities tho. 

Interesting.... :) 

2 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

And I've already lost interest.... 😞

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Lua Disruption gives you this thing called "Echoes of Umbra", which can turn any frame you put in the Helminth Chair sentient like Umbra. 2 Part drop. BP from Kuva Disruption, other part from Lua Disruption. 

And where was this info gained?

if this is even remotely real, then its pretty crap reward, either make it Permanent or don't bother adding it, also Umbra Froma should grant this choice, just saying. Getting tried of special things been added to the game, that should only be unique to "X" this 

Umbra Froma needs to be added to a drop table, not Nightwave, to add on top of that.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 5

Just now, Circle_of_Psi said:

And where was this info gained?

if this is even remotely real, then its pretty crap reward, either make it Permanent or don't bother adding it 

Prime Time. 

And yeah. No abilities not permanent + DE's brilliant AI mechanics? 

It's essentially going to be a Specter. I'm personally not going to bother with it, even if it's cheap. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Prime Time. 

And yeah. No abilities not permanent + DE's brilliant AI mechanics? 

It's essentially going to be a Specter. I'm personally not going to bother with it, even if it's cheap. 

Just saw it, sadly didn't see it as I posted the comment tho.

Looking into it, it's a very niche reward, Specters are better by a long shot, all it is, is bacily a Specter that uses your Warframe Colors and the fact that the excuse behind it was "We want you to keep playing!" was laughable at best, either make it Permanent or don't bother adding it.

And to your qeastion, no its not gonna be cheep, not by a long-shot, come man, it's a "24 hour only special lore item" that you need to keep grinding for to enjoy for only "24 hours", this feels like EA type of stunt.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Sounds interesting, and personally don't mind if it won't be permanent. Warframes standing still while I'm running around in spoiler mode don't take damage, and while I'll definitely try this "umbrification" out of curiosity, I'd like to keep this the way it is now.

Considering Umbra can take damage while running about, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you'll be dashing around in Operator, making use of Magus Lockdown or something, when suddenly you get yeeted back into your Warframe cause the AI was dumb enough to run into a Bombard and start facetanking. Or something like that, unless the AI 'dies' and just stops moving. 

Just now, Circle_of_Psi said:

Just saw it, sadly didn't see it as I posted the comment tho.

Looking into it, it's a very niche reward, Specters are better by a long shot, all it is, is bacily a Specter that uses your Warframe Colors and the fact that the excuse behind it was "We want you to keep playing!" was laughable at best, either make it Permanent or don't bother adding it.

And to your qeastion, no its not gonna be cheep, not by a long-shot, come man, it's a "24 hour only special lore item" that you need to keep grinding for to enjoy for only "24 hours", this feels like EA type of stunt.

Even with giving DE the benefit of a doubt, which we should, I just can't bring myself to get excited over this. The mechanics seem unimpressive, and it looks like a cheap attempt to get players 'invested' in their new game mode. I might farm one for collection purposes, but that's about it. 

Part of me wonders if this is inspired by how many people played the Ropalolyst assassination once getting Wisp/amalgam mods, or Disruption, or any other dead gamemode. 

• Like 2

You guys do know there's a feedback section right?

You know you can leave a feedback there about things such as not feeling like the reward is worth it right?

Tho you probably prefer to just sit here circle jerking about how sh*tty De is rather than doing that.

Edited by JackHargreav
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

You know you can leave a feedback there about things such as not feeling like the reward is worth it right?

Tho you probably prefer to just sit here circle jerking about how sh*tty De is rather than doing that.

You're right. They should go to the feedback section to have their opinions ignore there too.

This isn't the Warframe subreddit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

I think in this case I derailed it from OP's "Will Umbra Forma give sentience" into a "yeah, i'm not excited for this shenanigan". 

Personally, I don't really care either way how it's added, but rather I'll probably play it once and subsequently ignore it. 

But yeah, I gave up submitting Feedback after trying to get them to look at Madurai's Void Radiance affecting Void Strike. Not saying it's a waste of time, just not worth my effort. Grumbling is more cathartic. 

Just now, JackHargreav said:

With this excuse again?

I bet you think De should take every single minor feedback into account.

Assuming makes an ass out of you and me.

It's not an excuse. It's a literal problem with the forums. Do you ever visit the Waframe discussion subsection? Do you know how many valid complaints appear there on the daily? You know how many of them get a response or even get seen by DE? Almost none one of them do.

I like the concept of temporary rewards (argon crystals can be a pain but are the reason I sometimes do void defense with a Nekros) 

But the AI design in the game is... Not deserving of the intelligent part of its name. 

Maybe some other buff like a speed/strength /efficiency / duration would be better. 

52 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

So... I might as well just sling down a specter, which for who this is aimed at will be able to make no end of them....

I'm not exactly a fan of disruption (it's no where near as 'fun' as DE tried to make out on devstream imo, it's just an easy 'content' filler adding maps) so sticking a 24 hour item in the drop table isn't going to all of a sudden make me want to keep going back... its bad enough they're sticking gauss behind it and I wouldn't be shocked if grendel was supposed to be in there too and as such I'm guessing it will be like revenant on PoE where it gets added to the drop table after we've got everything else.

43 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Even with giving DE the benefit of a doubt, which we should, I just can't bring myself to get excited over this. The mechanics seem unimpressive, and it looks like a cheap attempt to get players 'invested' in their new game mode. I might farm one for collection purposes, but that's about it. 

Part of me wonders if this is inspired by how many people played the Ropalolyst assassination once getting Wisp/amalgam mods, or Disruption, or any other dead gamemode. 

I mean what reward would you like to see in this mode other than this? Like I don't care much for the reward either, in fact the umbral bot being more accessible is probably going to make matchmaking even more obnoxious for me, but I'm not exactly going to railroad against it just because it isn't my flavor of reward. Like it's not exactly a bad idea, it's a niche one sure,  rather optional, but its a feature some people have wanted and it'll draw interest for some in a lasting way so that's pretty fine right? Maybe it isn't your flavor of reward, but like that can just be hopped over then right?

I don't think anyone needs to compulsively feel they need to play and have all things in the game by design, optional things are nice, flavor things are nice, maybe something your flavor will pop up in the other nodes, is that not alright? We don't really need all rewards to be high impact immediate value game changers that we one and done through do we? 

Edited by Cubewano

4 minutes ago, Blexander said:

Assuming makes an ass out of you and me.

It's not an excuse. It's a literal problem with the forums. Do you ever visit the Waframe discussion subsection? Do you know how many valid complaints appear there on the daily? You know how many of them get a response or even get seen by DE? Almost none one of them do.

And? You just give up? 

De ignores most feedback and you're like "nah not gonna even try, just sit here in GD".

But that won't take you anywhere I'm pretty sure. I mean basically there still a chance that they see what you wrote and there's a chance that they will make changes.

1 minute ago, Cubewano said:

I mean what reward would you like to see in this mode other than this? Like I don't care much for the reward either, in fact the umbral bot being more accessible is probably going to make matchmaking even more obnoxious for me, but I'm not exactly going to railroad against it just because it isn't my flavor of reward. Like it's not exactly a bad idea, it's a niche one sure,  rather optional, but its a feature some people have wanted and it'll draw interest for some in a lasting way so that's pretty fine right? Maybe it isn't your flavor of reward, but like that can just be hopped over then right? I don't think anyone needs to compulsively feel they need to play and have all things in the game by design, optional things are nice, flavor things are nice, maybe something your flavor will pop up in the other nodes, is that not alright? We don't really need all rewards to be high impact immediate value game changers that we one and done through do we? 

Jesus on a motorbike, some paragraphs please.