Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With Umbra Echoes on the way, will Umbra Forma´s give us the same Effect?

AntiZepher

Just now, Cubewano said:

it's fairly short but...okay?

I'm getting older, and my eyes are failing. I also have really bad headaches for some reason. 

Pls allow me to compensate my deficiencies by being snarky so I can feel better about my life. 

Still reading, will nekrocomment once I digest. 

Umbra forma will stay as forma, adding a polarity and echoes being 24 hours is something I would say as something welcome if you don't want to wait hours for a specter and don't want to bring umbra everywhere because you want an extra bodyguard when in operator form

41 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

And? You just give up? 

De ignores most feedback and you're like "nah not gonna even try, just sit here in GD".

But that won't take you anywhere I'm pretty sure. I mean basically there still a chance that they see what you wrote and there's a chance that they will make changes.

Again with assuming?

Regardless, the 3rd paragraph is 100% correct. There's a chance, no matter how small, but it's still horrendous. There have been threads where people's warfame designs might have been taken into consideration when making a frame, but that's as far as it goes.

I mean, if the community's feedback was listened to, we wouldn't have gotten an Ember nerf(meaning we wouldn't have to ask for a proper rework), Vauban would've been reworked by now, and an assortment of frames would've gotten a few readjustments (e.g. Oberon's heal not being a static area, but follow him instead).

Edited by Blexander

2 minutes ago, --C--Nehra said:

It's just a glorified specter with half the skillset. Good for memes and naught else. 🙂 In my opinion. 

An infinite use specter for 24 hours? Might be an alternative if you don't like to wait hours for a set of them where you spend one use per mission and want some extra firepower without the need of bringing umbra on every mission

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blexander said:

Again with assuming?

Regardless, the 3rd paragraph is 100% correct. There's a chance, no matter how small, but it's still horrendous. There have been threads where people's warfame designs might have been taken into consideration when making a frame, but that's as far as it goes.

I mean, if the community's feedback was listened to, we wouldn't have gotten an Ember nerf(meaning we wouldn't have to ask for a proper rework), Vauban would've been reworked by now, and an assortment of frames would've gotten a few readjustments (e.g. Oberon's heal not being a static area, but instead of following him).

At the same time DE doesn't have someone dedicated to sit here and look for feedback.

It's usually the developers who have other things to do that look for feedback sometimes. I'm not saying this is right I just kinda understand why they don't listen to us that much.

aren’t they just a worse Spectre with better damage ? 

And why is this effect only 24 hours ?

it doesn’t sound OP (because your not often out of your warframe...) and farming it for every frame you got would still be a lot of Content...

I mean I don’t really know because it isn’t out yet so I can’t say how long in takes to farm them but it just sounds annoying farming them over and over again if you want the best possible build for your favorite frame... (which some people would see as the point of warframe) 

Edited by LarryOtter

Question is do we need more OP things?

what I see from 24 hours is an alternative for having specters from waiting hours to make one and the echo use seems unlimited when specters only last for one mission before you need to make more

Also it's quite a good extra firepower for extensive operator use

9 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

At the same time DE doesn't have someone dedicated to sit here and look for feedback.

It's usually the developers who have other things to do that look for feedback sometimes. I'm not saying this is right I just kinda understand why they don't listen to us that much.

I, too, feel like that's the case. I also understand why they don't want to have someone constantly browsing the forums. The community is very fickle and entitled, and sometimes very disrespectful. You don't know who to listen to. And catering to the minority is, hopefully, not going to happen again. Like, there's a 50+ page thread where a newbie and some others think Saryn should be nerfed because she can clear a room in D and MD missions, along with ESO.

"24 Hour Umbral Buff"

Read as: "About 2-3 hours or so, based on Average Game Session Time per Player, as you install it before your session starts the firsts day, play, and run out just as you're starting the next day, at around the same time."

When you look at that cruel reality, this "Buff" is actually more worthless than first glance.

6 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Problem is, there is only 1 content in warframe that requires extensive operator use, which is Eidolon. And even there, the Umbra trait won't help player in that game mode.

6 minutes ago, 844448 said:

No we don't. I don't mind sideways progression like new weapons and warframe, but having this umbra echo in a loot table? I would rather have relics or kuva tbh,

Edited by kingvaldemir
  • Like 1

vor 9 Minuten schrieb 844448:

I mean for me personally power creep is one of the things I like most about warframe (would be nice if we would also had content power creep to still have some challenge tho), so yes I would like harder to get (I don’t mean more grind) rewards that increase power, but that’s just me...

(Also it is Not really that big of an upgrade...)

vor 9 Minuten schrieb 844448:

what I see from 24 hours is an alternative for having specters from waiting hours to make one and the echo use seems unlimited when specters only last for one mission before you need to make more

I mean I don’t use specters and I don’t use my operator that much I only heal myself or revive mares and I don’t really see the point of staying in your Operator...

Edited by LarryOtter

2 minutes ago, LarryOtter said:

I mean I don’t use specters and I don’t use my operator that much I only heal myself and don’t really see the point of staying in your Operator...

Amps are pretty insane if you have the build (shwaak prism has 9000 raw damage that doesn't have reduction outside armor) great for unarmored enemies like corpus, as tanky as valkyr, and have many insane arcanes you can try and that's not talking about full focus system yet

4 hours ago, LarryOtter said:

aren’t they just a worse Spectre with better damage ? 

And why is this effect only 24 hours ?

it doesn’t sound OP (because your not often out of your warframe...) and farming it for every frame you got would still be a lot of Content...

I mean I don’t really know because it isn’t out yet so I can’t say how long in takes to farm them but it just sounds annoying farming them over and over again if you want the best possible build for your favorite frame... (which some people would see as the point of warframe) 

The first thing I thought after seeing it on prime time last night? "Why wouldn't someone just use Umbra?" He has this autonomy ability permanently and as Warframe powers are disabled with these Echos of Umbra (from what I could tell) it just cements the idea that it's a complete waste of time. Literally no incentive.

Edited by TALISMAN_XVII
Typo.

1 hour ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I just can't bring myself to get excited over this. The mechanics seem unimpressive, and it looks like a cheap attempt to get players 'invested' in their new game mode. I might farm one for collection purposes, but that's about it. 

Same here, its cheep and a very poor way of getting players to play their game, rather then say "Releasing Railjack" if it was Permanent and they used the powers, then yes it will be decent, we have 40 Warframes, pretty sure tats a reason to go back and farm it.

And once Gauss/Gendeal comes out, we'll have 42 Warframes, 42 Reasons to go back and farm.

1 hour ago, T.Hoagie said:

If they want it to be a temporary buff, then it should be an upgrade to the Helminith chair that you can reactivate any time you want. Otherwise, it should be a permanent upgrade to the frame.

This ^, this will give the Infested room somethin then, removing a 7 days Zit

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

Tho you probably prefer to just sit here circle jerking about how sh*tty De is rather than doing that.

You keep telling yourself that.

1 hour ago, Blexander said:

You're right. They should go to the feedback section to have their opinions ignore there too.

This isn't the Warframe subreddit.

1 hour ago, Blexander said:

Assuming makes an ass out of you and me.

It's not an excuse. It's a literal problem with the forums. Do you ever visit the Waframe discussion subsection? Do you know how many valid complaints appear there on the daily? You know how many of them get a response or even get seen by DE? Almost none one of them do.

This ^

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Same here, its cheep and a very poor way of getting players to play their game, rather then say "Releasing Railjack" if it was Permanent and they used the powers, then yes it will be decent, we have 40 Warframes, pretty sure tats a reason to go back and farm it.

And once Gauss/Gendeal comes out, we'll have 42 Warframes, 42 Reasons to go back and farm.

My personal conspiracy theory guess is they want us to get used to the idea of items that 'expire', and us having to go to modes that are dead/ignored uncommon in order to farm them. 

Given how they mentioned that they want to do something like this with Railjack, where you can buy a mission-specific-buff with credits, this just looks like forced shovelling down our throats an introduction to a new mechanic. 

Calling it now. This will essentially be the Nidus/Hema 2.0 of getting peeps to pay-to-avoid-grind acquisition. 

53 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

So what's the 'community' team for then?  Sure they still have one although some of the titles have changed recently by the looks of it.

Personally I'd say they're the ones who should be dealing with the forum, collating information from it and then feeding it back to the dev's...