Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With Umbra Echoes on the way, will Umbra Forma´s give us the same Effect?

AntiZepher

3 hours ago, 844448 said:

I see echo as a placeholder while crafting specters since they take quite a while to craft and a saving of a charge/extra power along with specters (take it as a fifth specter)

Personally I sit on more specters than I can possibly ever use up even if I tried my hardest to. So getting me to do kuva/lua disruption for a different type of specter mechanic that only lasts 24h will be near impossible. A specter that you also cant order to hold their ground instead of running around, a specter you cannot build for CC without gimping your kit, a specter that brings you nothing but the damage you already deal, a specter that wont use your abilities etc.

If it was an actual extra specter option then it would be kinda worth it, since it would be a "use all you can use during a 24h period". But as it is now, an automated mode for my WF, well I think I'll pass.

I also dont see how anyone can take it as a 5th specter since it completely removes the power of your frame when active.

I don't know why they would be bother implementing something like this. People are always going to want more umbra frames, is this supposed to help out with peoples wants by having their frame imitate a relatively useless passive for a day?

They could have spent the time making more practical rewards, or changing some of the other non-rewarding game modes into giving people useful things instead of a 24 hour gimmick. 

After just watching TP's video about this and looking through the comments to see other people's thoughts, I've seen others saying that they initially thought the Echoes of Umbra were gonna be used in crafting Umbral Forma.  I think this would be a good way to give the Echoes more of an actual use other than for a 24hr gimmick, especially if we are to assume that at some point we'll probably get other Umbral Mods.  Echoes being used to craft Umbral Forma as well as to permanently umbrafy a frame for those that would like to have it would make Echoes seem much more worthwhile to get.  Also umbrafied frames should use abilities too - its not like specters can/will use the abilities to the same destructive extremes that the players do....

• Like 2

As others have already pointed out, it's just a pointless reward for something that should be permanent. You even need to farm both disruption modes in order to get a full echo. So this won't be farmed by anyone after they find out about the 24 hour timer.

Either make it permanent or don't add this at all. 

• Like 4

Hope you won't mind, i'll just post a comment I left on another page, speaking of the same matter. I went a little crazy with ideas, so uh... I just hope it won't be out of context or simply put : stupid. Regardless, if you see some material of interest in my maddening, feel free to extend from it.

il y a 36 minutes, SirArtilleur a dit :

It's not just the reward that saddens me the most : it's the way it's introduce, The helminth. Arrived since the quest of Glast's gamble ; activated with Nidus once completed ; teased through audiolog of Ballas. . . and this is what we have, after all this time. . . You know what we could have with, an infested chair that once was able to technically create warframes ? Just to throw wild ideas with little to no thinking, just looking at the nature of the artifact :

Adding passive and abilities, chosen amongts a important variety : Reviving pet or sentinels instently ; turning ennemies into friendly / wild infested via a spore projectile or AoE cast ; generating a viral / corrosive proc on a certain radius...

Upgrading certain statistics of the frames : Regenerative health, running faster, jumping higher, adding / bringing back parkour options ( wall run ), stayin' longer on a wall...

Adding ""mutations"" : We curently have people turning themselves into ubber infested, the Emissaries, with their big giant armed blade... now ,I know it's just a single glorified Tonfa. however, this could be somethin' to digg in... sacrificing an arm, legs, health, shield, armor, why not even having  specific maluses ( less resistant to fire damages, reloading slowlier )... to gain some infested mutations. Personally, I think about two games specifically : [Prototype] and Soul Sacrifice.

As for the Umbra part : More than giving the ability to move, making one of the four powers of a frame able to hurt / stun Sentients and getting rid of their immunity !

This is simple brainstorming, and no : I don't question the balance between one option with another when I write all of this... This chair, able to speak and most likely think, is able to modify the flesh of a mere human to turn him into a killing monster of steel. We could literally have a skill tree for warframes ! But at the opposite of the tennos, bound by their five schools, it could be all around the deep nature of the frames... the infested side. A tree that we could change at will and personnalyse as we wish, finding a balance between such maluses for such bonuses, requireing such amount of "Echoes" to uncover new mutations as the helminth grows stronger, and used to finalyse the helminth's operation once we have the build we want.

All that to say : I honestly, expect more than a "slightly less worse specter" reward for end game missions. Ephemera were "meh"... aura formas were pretty much useless... this is, as it is right now, a simple, and complete waste. of time, ressources, energy, and interest.

Edited by SirArtilleur
  • Like 1