Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many of you are starting to play more in operator mode?

(XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK

I've been acquiring arcanes and working on my focus trees for once and I am beginning to see and enjoy the capabilities of the operator. Tried out using operator with excal umbra and a magus repair to keep it alive and it works great. although i dont get credit for the umbra kills, but still. Have you all been already playing as your operator more?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

although i dont get credit for the umbra kills

Should count like a pet kill. Credit goes on the stat page but all the xp goes to your amp since your in operator.

On avg I probably in operator 30% of the time. Knock-back, energy, healing, and killing. In Arbi I kill the drones with operator half the time.

Yep, a good half of my gameplay is entirely around using the schools and running around in Operator mode. A few days ago I finished and maxed out Vazarin, which helps me a lot now as I'm maining Equinox Duality, Hildryn, and Garuda, giving me and my allies unlimited HP and invulnerability, as well as lets me to stun enemies on dashes instead of displacing them (tied with Magus Lockdown does the job perfectly, not allowing them to bounce away on the speed of light).

Speaking of the Amp, I prefer using a status-focused one based on Lega Prism, Lohrin Brace, and Phahd Scaffold. In addition, I use 1/3 Virtuos Trojan for that 50% Viral damage to literally paint enemies with Viral and Void statuses altogether.

Edit: Ah, sometimes I also use Magus Melt to add a third status to the list which is fire, as well as 100% additional damage over it to burn 'em all the way down.

Edited by Morisabeau

With the new umbra memory thing displayed on prime time, I am looking forward to using any frame I want as a temporary umbra. Since they only use the weapons, which is what I want them to do, not really concerned about the frame using my abilities while im in operator mode. I am really enjoying operator mode though, just gotta work on getting my waybounds now, which I am guessing will take me some time. 

I'm running low efficiency-high strength builds with some of my most played frames for a while at this point, so ofc. i spend quite a bit of time just jumping in and out of operator form for Energizing dash.

I liked old Zenurik more tbh even if it gave way less energy you didn't have to run these pointless circles, i don't really need this excess of energy most of the time on frames like Banshee anyways.

I have not maxed out most of my waybounds as i'm not much interested in capturing any more Eidolons or waiting for them for that matter.

They got better utility overall though.

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

As long as amps do damage equal to a squirt gun, there's no way my operator is more than a battery for me.

Try them against Corpus, then question why the hell only one school has a means to deal with armour.

Seriously, they're pretty decent-good against Corpus and Infested as long as there's no Ancients around. But if you take them against Grineer who inexplicably have 75% damage resistance for no reason whatsoever on top of armour they're entirely worthless. And don't even get me started on Sentients - y'know, the things we did this to back in the Second Dream and that the Operators are supposedly the complete poison to.

Nothing I've upgraded on my operator "feels" useful. The operator dies so easily and moves like a snail.

I'm sure there's a power plateau where things start to feel "worth it", but I'm not motivated to reach that point. I figure by the time I've farmed up the arcanes I want from duoing Eidolons, I'll have built up enough of those drops to convert into focus for it to matter enough to unlock a single way-bound.

Focus farming is something I never focus on... you get so little each time those silly yellow clouds pop up.

It's a "why bother" thing, for me. No motivation. The operator felt stronger when he had the raw fury of his chest beam... IMO.

(Also, Umbra, and the new Echos of Umbra go directly against one of the biggest bonuses related to going Operator, where the frame becomes practically invincible while you're out taking a void stroll. They're not encouraging me to use the operator at all with these additions... and I have no desire to see more "umbra" frames.)

Edit: That said, I'm using my operator more now, because I've begun Eidolon hunting, and they require operators...

Edited by (PS4)AyinDygra
the edit line
  • Like 2

Well it took me a while but after I got a good amp and most of my waybounds unlocked I really started to get a feel for it. Now I'm still far from fully unlocking all of the schools, but I've been enjoying operator gameplay quite a bit, sometimes I even run missions operator only and it feels nice. My only gripe is the clunky movement and ugly animations, oh how I hope they rework those with Duviri Paradox.

Even after decking out my operator as much as I possibly can they are still to wrak to consider using outside of utility or their scaling DPS and CC mines. They are alright I suppose but it is pointless in my eyes even as a 5 year veteran to put the time into them like I have. Do enough to get past your quests and get energizing dash and be done with it I say...

Edited by (XB1)Zweimander

I rarely use my Operator outside of getting the energy from Zenurik, that’s pretty much all I use my Operator for. I still have an ungilded Mote Amp and don’t see a reason as to why I’d invest in another one since I’m content with it and don’t use my Operator often to begin with. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

As long as amps do damage equal to a squirt gun, there's no way my operator is more than a battery for me.

If wanting to buff Operator Amp damage: equip a Mutalist Quanta and shoot through the orb.

*Caution if using an explosive Prism/Scaffold be sure to immediately Transfer back to Warframe*  (Have been warned) (Propa/Shraksun/Granny/etc...)

@(XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK

Pets like Venari and Kavat/Kubrow/Moa will follow you as the Operator allowing for some interesting Operator + Companion game play.

I tend to use Magus Lockdown to trap enemies then switch to Warframe pop-out and Mutalist Quanta Orb transference back to Operator and cover Hallways or rooms with boosted amp damage.

In the vids I've seen from Brozime, he tends to use his operator for rapid movement (Void Dash) in an almost "lifeboat" fashion. I don't use it often, but when I do think of it, it has been helpful. Eidolon and Ropalolyst aside, I don't wander with my Operator very often. I toy with it when at Helene when leveling up weapons or frames most to help break up the rut of grindy McGrind Grind.

Ever since I fully maxed out my operator’s focus tree, my operator is tankier than 50% or more of my frame roster, can dash 250 meters in 7 continous dashes, self heal for operator and warframe with vazarin, armor stripping with Unairu, etc. It is a long grind (took me 4 months with 3 Tridolons daily), but for the utility it gives? For me, it’s worth it.

The now fixed Klamora Prism + Virtous Trojan with Unairu setup (armor stripping and amp damage buff) is a good grinner killer.

I currently play Operator 80% of the time ever since the Klamora Prism fix (Hotfix 25.6.3 IIRC)

I use my operator quite a bit nowadays. Theres some very powerful operator abilities that you can use to enhance your warframes and weapons.

Sure, it only started out as a way to get energy with Zenurik, but as you make your way through upgrading the schools, it becomes so much more than that. 

I didnt really dive deeper into exploring and upgrading them until i had other means of keeping my energy topped up.

When i eventually realized that Zenurik wasnt doing much for me anymore, thats when i started to branch out, and im so glad that i did.

Edited by (PS4)SpIitSnake

i would play in it almost constantly if it wasn't deliberately weak. Bad animation, bad posing, terrible posture, amps can't be modded, no melee.... A lot of it will probably be somewhat impacted by the new expansion they're working on, but seeing as I will probably not be playing that expansion if it means giving up my space kid that might not help.

[Magus Lockdown] + [Magus Repair] + zenurik waybounds have made operator mode really fun. I can clear half a tile with dashes, do huge scaling damage and CC when I'm overwhelmed with mobs, and give huge heals to my + everyone else's frames. I'm working on my vazarin waybounds now so I'll have self-sustain.