Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What else should I include on my clan training list

Midas

This is going to be a very long discussion of necessary things to implement into our clan training list.

The current list

• Status setups for weapons
  • Crit setups for weapons
  • Faction damage setups
  • Order of building for weapons
  • The importance of augments on warframes
  • Building around clan team setups
  • How to use Arcanes correctly and which are important
  • The difference between additive and multiplicative in various instances in warframe (arcanes, modding (proton snap etc...)).
  • What ips is and to correctly apply it to rivens (removal for more gas ticks etc...)
  • Status effects and their quirks
  • Unique operator school abilities (protective dash,wisps, etc...)
  • overstripping
  • finisher damage and other factors that affect it
  • The relationship between Affinity and teammate's radius
  • Channeling efficiency and Channeling damage in Melee

Discussion

The overall goal is to teach all my members everything about warframe. I know there is a lot more, if you see anything that does not require you to learn through experience and can be taught via mathematics (chroma and serration is an example) please reply! I would love it!

Would really appreciate feedback Tenno! Thank you for your time.

Disclosure

Wanted to state that the people learning how to mod at this rate are MR 15+ and have gathered what I deem necessary to start building independently

No new players are allowed to begin learning basic/advanced modding before gathering mods, we do have builds premade for them to work towards and a

mod list to help guide them in the game. This is all voluntary on their part to join our clan seminars where we talk about math mathematically and verbally 
(Visual and reading demonstrations for all viewers).

Edited by Midas

How to make a new players head explode... I saw a new player explode just trying to understand how to find resources on different planets and the need for a vacuum mod so they don't miss any.

Edit: You need an affinity section. So many people don't understand how XP works. Saw a post the other day in bug report because their weapons wasn't leveling up consistently. The issue was OP carried first mission and someone else carried second mission. Totally different flow of XP.

Edited by Zelmen

How channeling interacts with efficiency and duration is also a contender for this list but i would throw it at the end tbh. Depending on how many new players you have in your clan you also probably should group up some of the more complicated stuff and stuff that only comes up later in the game like faction damage, arcanes, rivens, operator at later stages and concentrate on the basics first.

29 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

How channeling interacts with efficiency and duration is also a contender for this list but i would throw it at the end tbh. Depending on how many new players you have in your clan you also probably should group up some of the more complicated stuff and stuff that only comes up later in the game like faction damage, arcanes, rivens, operator at later stages and concentrate on the basics first.

channeling damage multipliers as well I should throw that in.

33 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

will update that I have a progression point (gathering mods to make builds) before you learn about the game. Minimum MR is 15 because of high turnover rate ingame (lots of time invested into teaching players + I do it because I enjoy it).

Learning how to mod independently is also a choice not forced in the clan 🙂

Edited by Midas

10 minutes ago, Strontium-Dog said:

I would also make points for reference clear - Wiki and youtube for example.

It does cut out a hundred questions because people can't be bothered to look things up.

That is where the basics of the game are learnt.

This is actually used but not listed, we do a verbal communication when we prepare to promote people during the review, the next position after is based on experience after taking notes from the lecture and mastering building/grading rivens etc...

Edited by Midas

Such a crash course would kill the mystery and thrill of learning about a new world for new players...but MR 15+ players surely know that the wiki exists? Are people really attending virtual seminars for info that can be looked up in under 10 seconds?

2 hours ago, sinnae said:

Such a crash course would kill the mystery and thrill of learning about a new world for new players...but MR 15+ players surely know that the wiki exists? Are people really attending virtual seminars for info that can be looked up in under 10 seconds?

Sorry to wake you up but only 1% of the community cares to learn this haha. Mr15, Mr20, Mr27... it matters not, people are still very not knowledgeable on building and game mechanics.

8 hours ago, Midas said:

This is going to be a very long discussion of necessary things to implement into our clan training list.

The current list

• Status setups for weapons
  • Crit setups for weapons
  • Faction damage setups
  • Order of building for weapons
  • The importance of augments on warframes
  • Building around clan team setups
  • How to use Arcanes correctly and which are important
  • The difference between additive and multiplicative in various instances in warframe (arcanes, modding (proton snap etc...)).
  • What ips is and to correctly apply it to rivens (removal for more gas ticks etc...)
  • Status effects and their quirks
  • Unique operator school abilities (protective dash,wisps, etc...)
  • overstripping
  • finisher damage and other factors that affect it
  • The relationship between Affinity and teammate's radius
  • Channeling efficiency and Channeling damage in Melee

Discussion

The overall goal is to teach all my members everything about warframe. I know there is a lot more, if you see anything that does not require you to learn through experience and can be taught via mathematics (chroma and serration is an example) please reply! I would love it!

Would really appreciate feedback Tenno! Thank you for your time.

Disclosure

Wanted to state that the people learning how to mod at this rate are MR 15+ and have gathered what I deem necessary to start building independently

No new players are allowed to begin learning basic/advanced modding before gathering mods, we do have builds premade for them to work towards and a

mod list to help guide them in the game. This is all voluntary on their part to join our clan seminars where we talk about math mathematically and verbally 
(Visual and reading demonstrations for all viewers).

I was going to make a joke about "sit, stay, heel, and don't make a mess on the carpet" but seeing the list, you've obviously put some thought into it. 

I'd say trading and prime junk, with specific emphasis on buying slots, so that they don't have to rely on others to pay their way. 

Maybe, "how to use the mini-map to look for stuff", and "you have those abilities for a reason, use them wisely". Can't tell you how many times I've had to ask a newer player in rhino to "roar please" or remind them that iron skin benefits from not putting it on as soon as they begin the match. 

A long time ago I was part of a discussion about "starter clan/dojo" (really just a relay) for low MR newbs, where the rooms were laid out like museums with statues of typical enemies with little informative placards to explain strengths and weaknesses. 

The idea was to give them a way to learn a little about many of the topics that you're covering. 

Maybe you guys can do a YouTube video for each topic if you are feeling really altruistic. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I was going to make a joke about "sit, stay, heel, and don't make a mess on the carpet" but seeing the list, you've obviously put some thought into it. 

I'd say trading and prime junk, with specific emphasis on buying slots, so that they don't have to rely on others to pay their way. 

Maybe, "how to use the mini-map to look for stuff", and "you have those abilities for a reason, use them wisely". Can't tell you how many times I've had to ask a newer player in rhino to "roar please" or remind them that iron skin benefits from not putting it on as soon as they begin the match. 

A long time ago I was part of a discussion about "starter clan/dojo" (really just a relay) for low MR newbs, where the rooms were laid out like museums with statues of typical enemies with little informative placards to explain strengths and weaknesses. 

The idea was to give them a way to learn a little about many of the topics that you're covering. 

Maybe you guys can do a YouTube video for each topic if you are feeling really altruistic. 

Yeah we have been teaching for 4 years (I've been here for 6). Usually in game experience like the operation I advised map on at all times for key finding etc...

I have thought about streaming/doing videos because I spend way to much time on this game and have a ton of math majors in our clan.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You mean how NOT to haggle over a price?

Offer something fair, based on the current prices, and if you don't agree with what they say, always remember that you can type "no thanks" and walk away. 

Yes more or less making sure the price is fair. they are not a cheapskate and they are not getting their coin purses slit open buy the seller. seen a lot of players get ripped off on both ends. 

Also where they can find reliable and fair pricing for things or market information.

27 minutes ago, Zekkii said:

I'd say you should teach players how to make an utilize platinum effectively.  Simple stuff like vault runs/corrupted mods, and how to use warframe market.  

We do briefly talk about traditional mmo flipping versus eidolon arcane farming. We have clan mates that have a surplus of 10k+ to 40k+ plat.

Edited by Midas