dw3t

Maybe is time to update the game?

The game has always been bad for content. I mean we get an hour or so of story every 4 months if you count the missions. Creating new frames with absolutely no story or background to them is the only reason it's still doing well(which annoys me to no end).

16 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

From what I've heard WoW focused too much on the casual side and made rewards too accessible, which turned the vets away from the game. But if we follow the logic of removing player choice wouldn't that also mean we should rework Fissures to only rotate 1 possibility per Tier? Maybe instead of going for a full fixed node setup we could instead expand the player choice by having up to three Arbitrations to choose from.

You heard wrong, they wanted to make both groups happy thats why they made game for noone and in the end they lost 90% of players. Players choice is kinda removed because feasures are randomized. Choosing from means only that players will take the path of least resistance, there are a few that wont but there is to few of them to even bother.

20 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

I myself wouldn't call it fully endgame either, while the rewards are there, it is very rewarding with both Endo and a NPC store. However I'm missing the challenge during the first 60-80 minutes, depending on the faction, that's why I suggested an option to start the lvl at around 150-200 to speed things up in relation to the rewars going up (maybe a 1.5 - 2x increase of everything, a system not too different from the already existing dark sector nodes.)

And that still doesnt address the problem of game being to easy for vets, it only creates new one. People will start complaining about meta because that how it will end up, you will either kill everything before it has the chance to hit you or you will remove the possibility of being hit, frames that wont be able to do that will become irrelevant.

14 hours ago, Fire2box said:

So if they are owned, it's not independent. 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/independent

They are still an independent development studio. They do everything on their own, including publishing. Leyou is nothing but an investor that just happens to own the company. Nearly all indie companies have investors, so with your logic no indie company is actually indipendent since they all depends on someone else from the outside.

Gazillion was independent with investors cramming in the money, Gazillion also had to make a deal with Marvel/Disney. Well at that point, according to you, they wouldnt be independent anymore because they'd have to depend on the greenlight decisions of Marvel/Disney in order to release their product to the public.

vor 41 Minuten schrieb kuciol:

Compared to today? Yes it was trash.

Ok. Thats your opinion.

But for me, and many more, the new content like Cetus or Fortuna and the deletion of content like void keys and raids made the game more trashy.

This doesn‘t mean I have to convince you from my opinion or the other way around.

But fact is: befor Cetus we had every 1 - 2 months meaningfull updates with a good bunch of content. Since Cetus we only have these things one in an half year. 
The reason is they shifted the ressources to the open world and more and more cinematics. 

If this is good or not is part of the discussion here.

17 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

The game has always been bad for content. I mean we get an hour or so of story every 4 months if you count the missions. Creating new frames with absolutely no story or background to them is the only reason it's still doing well(which annoys me to no end).

Once there was a support of more frequent updates that made the experience always engaging, and quests that also gave a sense to the addition of new frames. The raids themselves however little played were a variety of content. Today it's half a year waiting for minor updates that only change the UI in game. I believe that we can have the same amount of news and content that game had in the past. It was certainly not so "big" but it certainly gave an incentive to play.

5 minutes ago, Doc.Pyro said:

But fact is: befor Cetus we had every 1 - 2 months meaningfull updates with a good bunch of content. Since Cetus we only have these things one in an half year. 
The reason is they shifted the ressources to the open world and more and more cinematics.

Just go check older patch notes, there wasnt more. It just felt more because it was bigger % of the whole game. I did my research.

7 minutes ago, Doc.Pyro said:

But for me, and many more, the new content like Cetus or Fortuna and the deletion of content like void keys and raids made the game more trashy.

If it would be that "many more" you would still have it, apparently it wasnt. You guys act like they just couldnt wait to remove it just to piss you off. They even stated that to few players wanted to engage in it to even bother anymore. 

11 minutes ago, kuciol said:

If it would be that "many more" you would still have it, apparently it wasnt. You guys act like they just couldnt wait to remove it just to piss you off. They even stated that to few players wanted to engage in it to even bother anymore. 

I wouldn't put my finger on that.The majority of the community(based on feedback) atm doensn't want the new melee for example but still it's being forced on us.

21 hours ago, dw3t said:

I believe the time has come to change course and update the game much more frequently and add really content. A Warframe and 2 new weapons that will arrive in late August are not game content.

I think the real issue comes from two different fronts:

• On one end, they're chunking at bigger content updates that require more time than our old Updates
  • On the other end, they take a lot of time to prepare TennoCon and that means that content is less frequent. This year it's been even worse due some horrible timing between Empyrean dev, TennoCon demos and trailers and studio vacation time all going together when most people have free vacation time. Wheras other devs sparce this content between E3, Gamescom and TGS.

I don't know, but maybe it's time to go back to simpler times 😕 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

I think the real issue comes from two different fronts:

• On one end, they're chunking at bigger content updates that require more time than our old Updates
  • On the other end, they take a lot of time to prepare TennoCon and that means that content is less frequent. This year it's been even worse due some horrible timing between Empyrean dev, TennoCon demos and trailers and studio vacation time all going together when most people have free vacation time. Wheras other devs sparce this content between E3, Gamescom and TGS.

I don't know, but maybe it's time to go back to simpler times 😕 

Exactly, it would be better to make content perhaps lighter to develop than railjack but that can guarantee more variety and introduction in the game in the shortest possible time, compared to waiting 1 year or more.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dw3t said:

Exactly, it would be better to make content perhaps lighter to develop than railjack but that can guarantee more variety and introduction in the game in the shortest possible time, compared to waiting 1 year or more.

Well, on Railjack's case is understandablke because it's a whole new system right? And to be fair it has the potential to be that missing piece which will alow DE to go back to stuff like Dark Sectors and Trials.

The problem is most content is bigger now and at the same time there's like 3 months of "we're slowing down our cycle to prepare some stuff". And that's counterproducent.

Then again it's also true the New War is also tied to a new tileset, so we'll see. I'm here hoping next year is a bit less heavy for them.

Posted (edited)

Can someone here tell me what made this post specifically so magical? The community seems to be behind this post, but we've seen stuff like this before, there have been a protion of us who have called the game out on its infrequent updates it's lack of release dates and overall unstable scheduling, yet those post always got hate and everyone got hit with the you're entitle and go play something else; What made this post stand out why is this post getting support where others did not? Is it because he was kinder with his wording, is it because he didn't call out more specific things that are problems? I genuinely want to know.

Edit: Is it because bigger partners are now leaving?

Edited by S.Dust

5 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Well, on Railjack's case is understandablke because it's a whole new system right? And to be fair it has the potential to be that missing piece which will alow DE to go back to stuff like Dark Sectors and Trials.

The problem is most content is bigger now and at the same time there's like 3 months of "we're slowing down our cycle to prepare some stuff". And that's counterproducent.

Then again it's also true the New War is also tied to a new tileset, so we'll see. I'm here hoping next year is a bit less heavy for them.

But absolutely, as I wrote in other replies, I can still wait for railjack, the point of my criticism is: why not give in the meantime contents and events to do with unique rewards or an increase of the current ones that can stimulate the game while waiting of great upgrades like Empyrean or The New War.

There have been events like Dog Days but do we really want to discuss Dog Days?

However, I also hope that from next year there may be a margin to see more up-to-date updates. We would see  and I hope that for Duviri we will not have to wait another 2 years ...

14 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

I wouldn't put my finger on that.The majority of the community(based on feedback) atm doensn't want the new melee for example but still it's being forced on us.

You base that opinion on forum whiners, people come to forums mostly to complain, those that dont have complains dont tend to come here in the first place. Also how can you know you dont want melee 3.0 when its not here and you have no idea how the end result will look like?

8 minutes ago, dw3t said:

Stop blubering bs about 1 year when its clearly not the case. I dont give a flying F that you dont like the content they produced over that year but its still here. You are so stuck up in your way of thinking that you even know better how much should a development of content take. The fact that they dont put out what YOU want doesnt mean they do not do anything. I want those bigger updates for example. I dont want raids, forced teamwork or "challenging content" (that you cant even specify what challenging is) and now convince me that your way is better one because i can see steam charts and what they currently do is the right way. I can wait for big updates, i dont need 20th iteration of glorified mobile defense.

5 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Can someone here tell me what made this post specifically so magical? The community seems to be behind this post, but we've seen stuff like this before, there have been a protion of us who have called the game out on its infrequent updates it's lack of release dates and overall unstable scheduling, yet those post always got hate and everyone got hit with the you're entitle and go play something else; What made this post stand out why is this post getting support where others did not? Is it because he was kinder with his wording, is it because he didn't call out more specific things that are problems? I genuinely want to know.

Edit: Is it because bigger partners are now leaving?

maybe it is because today many more people notice what I wrote in the main topic. I am happy that my topic has brought so much activity and I hope it will be useful.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

You are aware that if people are only playing for the Extrinsic rewards, that probably means that there's something wrong with how rewarding the game is Intrinsically?

And how do you define the intrinsic rewards? I see the ability to kill enemies with one shot and able to tank huge amount of hits and not dying as my reward for my effort from putting potato and forma into it but do the others see like I do?

This thread is still going, with the majority of people against this one guy lul. He emits negativity.

Just now, Midas said:

This thread is still going, with the majority of people against this one guy lul. He emits negativity.

And somehow most of the discussion is being constructive. Surprising, isn't it? 😛

2 minutes ago, dw3t said:

maybe it is because today many more people notice what I wrote in the main topic. I am happy that my topic has brought so much activity and I hope it will be useful.

Just wanna say im not against everything you said is true, I just wanna know where all these people were when other people called the game out on this stuff.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Midas said:

Its actually 4 people, Such majority you have here. Just like for "endgame".

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, kuciol said:

You base that opinion on forum whiners, people come to forums mostly to complain, those that dont have complains dont tend to come here in the first place. Also how can you know you dont want melee 3.0 when its not here and you have no idea how the end result will look like?

Of course i'll base my opinion of the forum as i already stated, this is the only mirror we got.Believing that the majority is ok with it and doesn't come to the forum is just a hypothesis based on nothing.Also i know i don't want melee 3.0 because the only way to have the current melee and be as fluid as 2.0 is to rework all stances and combos, a thing that DE won't do.

Edited by DeathDweller

Just now, DeathDweller said:

Also i know i don't want melee 3.0 because the only way to have the current melee and be as fluid as 2.0 is to rework all stances and combos, a thing that DE won't do.

I'm pretty sure this is happening. Friendly reminder we only got phase 1 out of 3, with 2 being channeling and 3 being all combos (already previewed on Wukong).

Also friendly reminder the biggest issue on this Melee pass is the lack of control on Block, which makes certain strategies and mods unusable. Not that it can't be fixed.

1 minute ago, DeathDweller said:

Of course i'll base my opinion of the forum as i already stated, this is the only mirror we got.Believing that there the majority is ok with it and doesn't come to the forum is just a hypothesis based on nothing.Also i know i don't want melee 3.0 because the only way to have the current melee and be as fluid as 2.0 is to rework all stances and combos, a thing that DE won't do.

But all people complain about is to bring quick melee back, nothing more. That just proves that players are lazy, they removed button mashing and surprise players have problems with it. Its not really hypothesis that most players dont visit forums, its not even 1% that do.  

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I'm pretty sure this is happening. Friendly reminder we only got phase 1 out of 3, with 2 being channeling and 3 being all combos (already previewed on Wukong).

Also friendly reminder the biggest issue on this Melee pass is the lack of control on Block, which makes certain strategies and mods unusable. Not that it can't be fixed.

Wukong has an exalted huge pole.I don't think it will be the same with a small dagger but i guess we'll see.My personal problem isn't the block but the stop of movement.

Just now, kuciol said:

But all people complain about is to bring quick melee back, nothing more. That just proves that players are lazy, they removed button mashing and surprise players have problems with it. Its not really hypothesis that most players dont visit forums, its not even 1% that do.  

There are more suggestions than quick melee back but indeed it's the main problem because with the current melee you can't afford to stop momentum when enemies shoot you from all sides and with the awful stances your attacks miss most of the time.If people are lazy because of this then we should remove every wide range primary and secondary too and replace them with weapons that require precission but then everyone will lose their mind.The hypothesis isn't that most people don't visit the forums but that to assume that they are ok with the current melee.

The only reason partners are leaving is bcs they don't make any money doing Warframe content anymore, They could've played some trending video game like fortnite and make a living out of it instead of playing a "work in progress" game Like warframe, I agree with you on the issues you mentioned, but srsly Life of rio and the others are just players who couldn't handle the changes DE is making to the game, and you see them playing "remnant of the ashes" ... a complete rip off of Dark Souls that nobody care about playing, and its weird how they all "Quit warframe" at the same time like its a form of boycotting DE of something ...

if you Like Warframe, Play it casually and know that making great games is a marathon not a sprint, it take years... unless your name is Hideo Kojima

19 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Its actually 4 people, Such majority you have here. Just like for "endgame".

A game like Warframe deserves content, and I'm happy that as you've already said, you consider the weapons content in the game quite satisfying. But this does not mean that we cannot improve.