Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe is time to update the game?

Videatur

5 minutes ago, Doc.Pyro said:

But fact is: befor Cetus we had every 1 - 2 months meaningfull updates with a good bunch of content. Since Cetus we only have these things one in an half year. 
The reason is they shifted the ressources to the open world and more and more cinematics.

Just go check older patch notes, there wasnt more. It just felt more because it was bigger % of the whole game. I did my research.

7 minutes ago, Doc.Pyro said:

But for me, and many more, the new content like Cetus or Fortuna and the deletion of content like void keys and raids made the game more trashy.

If it would be that "many more" you would still have it, apparently it wasnt. You guys act like they just couldnt wait to remove it just to piss you off. They even stated that to few players wanted to engage in it to even bother anymore. 

11 minutes ago, kuciol said:

If it would be that "many more" you would still have it, apparently it wasnt. You guys act like they just couldnt wait to remove it just to piss you off. They even stated that to few players wanted to engage in it to even bother anymore. 

I wouldn't put my finger on that.The majority of the community(based on feedback) atm doensn't want the new melee for example but still it's being forced on us.

21 hours ago, dw3t said:

I believe the time has come to change course and update the game much more frequently and add really content. A Warframe and 2 new weapons that will arrive in late August are not game content.

I think the real issue comes from two different fronts:

• On one end, they're chunking at bigger content updates that require more time than our old Updates
  • On the other end, they take a lot of time to prepare TennoCon and that means that content is less frequent. This year it's been even worse due some horrible timing between Empyrean dev, TennoCon demos and trailers and studio vacation time all going together when most people have free vacation time. Wheras other devs sparce this content between E3, Gamescom and TGS.

I don't know, but maybe it's time to go back to simpler times 😕 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

I think the real issue comes from two different fronts:

• On one end, they're chunking at bigger content updates that require more time than our old Updates
  • On the other end, they take a lot of time to prepare TennoCon and that means that content is less frequent. This year it's been even worse due some horrible timing between Empyrean dev, TennoCon demos and trailers and studio vacation time all going together when most people have free vacation time. Wheras other devs sparce this content between E3, Gamescom and TGS.

I don't know, but maybe it's time to go back to simpler times 😕 

Exactly, it would be better to make content perhaps lighter to develop than railjack but that can guarantee more variety and introduction in the game in the shortest possible time, compared to waiting 1 year or more.

1 minute ago, dw3t said:

Exactly, it would be better to make content perhaps lighter to develop than railjack but that can guarantee more variety and introduction in the game in the shortest possible time, compared to waiting 1 year or more.

Well, on Railjack's case is understandablke because it's a whole new system right? And to be fair it has the potential to be that missing piece which will alow DE to go back to stuff like Dark Sectors and Trials.

The problem is most content is bigger now and at the same time there's like 3 months of "we're slowing down our cycle to prepare some stuff". And that's counterproducent.

Then again it's also true the New War is also tied to a new tileset, so we'll see. I'm here hoping next year is a bit less heavy for them.

Can someone here tell me what made this post specifically so magical? The community seems to be behind this post, but we've seen stuff like this before, there have been a protion of us who have called the game out on its infrequent updates it's lack of release dates and overall unstable scheduling, yet those post always got hate and everyone got hit with the you're entitle and go play something else; What made this post stand out why is this post getting support where others did not? Is it because he was kinder with his wording, is it because he didn't call out more specific things that are problems? I genuinely want to know.

Edit: Is it because bigger partners are now leaving?

Edited by S.Dust

5 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Well, on Railjack's case is understandablke because it's a whole new system right? And to be fair it has the potential to be that missing piece which will alow DE to go back to stuff like Dark Sectors and Trials.

The problem is most content is bigger now and at the same time there's like 3 months of "we're slowing down our cycle to prepare some stuff". And that's counterproducent.

Then again it's also true the New War is also tied to a new tileset, so we'll see. I'm here hoping next year is a bit less heavy for them.

But absolutely, as I wrote in other replies, I can still wait for railjack, the point of my criticism is: why not give in the meantime contents and events to do with unique rewards or an increase of the current ones that can stimulate the game while waiting of great upgrades like Empyrean or The New War.

There have been events like Dog Days but do we really want to discuss Dog Days?

However, I also hope that from next year there may be a margin to see more up-to-date updates. We would see  and I hope that for Duviri we will not have to wait another 2 years ...

14 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

I wouldn't put my finger on that.The majority of the community(based on feedback) atm doensn't want the new melee for example but still it's being forced on us.

You base that opinion on forum whiners, people come to forums mostly to complain, those that dont have complains dont tend to come here in the first place. Also how can you know you dont want melee 3.0 when its not here and you have no idea how the end result will look like?

8 minutes ago, dw3t said:

Stop blubering bs about 1 year when its clearly not the case. I dont give a flying F that you dont like the content they produced over that year but its still here. You are so stuck up in your way of thinking that you even know better how much should a development of content take. The fact that they dont put out what YOU want doesnt mean they do not do anything. I want those bigger updates for example. I dont want raids, forced teamwork or "challenging content" (that you cant even specify what challenging is) and now convince me that your way is better one because i can see steam charts and what they currently do is the right way. I can wait for big updates, i dont need 20th iteration of glorified mobile defense.

5 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Can someone here tell me what made this post specifically so magical? The community seems to be behind this post, but we've seen stuff like this before, there have been a protion of us who have called the game out on its infrequent updates it's lack of release dates and overall unstable scheduling, yet those post always got hate and everyone got hit with the you're entitle and go play something else; What made this post stand out why is this post getting support where others did not? Is it because he was kinder with his wording, is it because he didn't call out more specific things that are problems? I genuinely want to know.

Edit: Is it because bigger partners are now leaving?

maybe it is because today many more people notice what I wrote in the main topic. I am happy that my topic has brought so much activity and I hope it will be useful.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

You are aware that if people are only playing for the Extrinsic rewards, that probably means that there's something wrong with how rewarding the game is Intrinsically?

And how do you define the intrinsic rewards? I see the ability to kill enemies with one shot and able to tank huge amount of hits and not dying as my reward for my effort from putting potato and forma into it but do the others see like I do?

2 minutes ago, dw3t said:

maybe it is because today many more people notice what I wrote in the main topic. I am happy that my topic has brought so much activity and I hope it will be useful.

Just wanna say im not against everything you said is true, I just wanna know where all these people were when other people called the game out on this stuff.

2 minutes ago, Midas said:

This thread is still going, with the majority of people against this one guy lul. He emits negativity.

Its actually 4 people, Such majority you have here. Just like for "endgame".

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, kuciol said:

You base that opinion on forum whiners, people come to forums mostly to complain, those that dont have complains dont tend to come here in the first place. Also how can you know you dont want melee 3.0 when its not here and you have no idea how the end result will look like?

Of course i'll base my opinion of the forum as i already stated, this is the only mirror we got.Believing that the majority is ok with it and doesn't come to the forum is just a hypothesis based on nothing.Also i know i don't want melee 3.0 because the only way to have the current melee and be as fluid as 2.0 is to rework all stances and combos, a thing that DE won't do.

Edited by DeathDweller

Just now, DeathDweller said:

Also i know i don't want melee 3.0 because the only way to have the current melee and be as fluid as 2.0 is to rework all stances and combos, a thing that DE won't do.

I'm pretty sure this is happening. Friendly reminder we only got phase 1 out of 3, with 2 being channeling and 3 being all combos (already previewed on Wukong).

Also friendly reminder the biggest issue on this Melee pass is the lack of control on Block, which makes certain strategies and mods unusable. Not that it can't be fixed.

1 minute ago, DeathDweller said:

Of course i'll base my opinion of the forum as i already stated, this is the only mirror we got.Believing that there the majority is ok with it and doesn't come to the forum is just a hypothesis based on nothing.Also i know i don't want melee 3.0 because the only way to have the current melee and be as fluid as 2.0 is to rework all stances and combos, a thing that DE won't do.

But all people complain about is to bring quick melee back, nothing more. That just proves that players are lazy, they removed button mashing and surprise players have problems with it. Its not really hypothesis that most players dont visit forums, its not even 1% that do.  

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I'm pretty sure this is happening. Friendly reminder we only got phase 1 out of 3, with 2 being channeling and 3 being all combos (already previewed on Wukong).

Also friendly reminder the biggest issue on this Melee pass is the lack of control on Block, which makes certain strategies and mods unusable. Not that it can't be fixed.

Wukong has an exalted huge pole.I don't think it will be the same with a small dagger but i guess we'll see.My personal problem isn't the block but the stop of movement.

Just now, kuciol said:

But all people complain about is to bring quick melee back, nothing more. That just proves that players are lazy, they removed button mashing and surprise players have problems with it. Its not really hypothesis that most players dont visit forums, its not even 1% that do.  

There are more suggestions than quick melee back but indeed it's the main problem because with the current melee you can't afford to stop momentum when enemies shoot you from all sides and with the awful stances your attacks miss most of the time.If people are lazy because of this then we should remove every wide range primary and secondary too and replace them with weapons that require precission but then everyone will lose their mind.The hypothesis isn't that most people don't visit the forums but that to assume that they are ok with the current melee.

The only reason partners are leaving is bcs they don't make any money doing Warframe content anymore, They could've played some trending video game like fortnite and make a living out of it instead of playing a "work in progress" game Like warframe, I agree with you on the issues you mentioned, but srsly Life of rio and the others are just players who couldn't handle the changes DE is making to the game, and you see them playing "remnant of the ashes" ... a complete rip off of Dark Souls that nobody care about playing, and its weird how they all "Quit warframe" at the same time like its a form of boycotting DE of something ...

if you Like Warframe, Play it casually and know that making great games is a marathon not a sprint, it take years... unless your name is Hideo Kojima

19 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Its actually 4 people, Such majority you have here. Just like for "endgame".

A game like Warframe deserves content, and I'm happy that as you've already said, you consider the weapons content in the game quite satisfying. But this does not mean that we cannot improve.

5 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

There are more suggestions than quick melee back but indeed it's the main problem because with the current melee you can't afford to stop momentum when enemies shoot you from all sides and with the awful stances your attacks miss most of the time.If people are lazy because of this then we should remove every wide range primary and secondary too and replace them with weapons that require precission but then everyone will lose their mind.The hypothesis isn't that most people don't visit the forums but that to assume that they are ok with the current melee.

Ember and raid removal threads had a lot more complaining, so people are mostly either ok with the change, dont care that much or are simply willing to give it a shot. Saying that DE doesnt care about feedback is simply wrong.

1 minute ago, MouadSaqui said:

The only reason partners are leaving is bcs they don't make any money doing Warframe content anymore, They could've played some trending video game like fortnite and make a living out of it instead of playing a "work in progress" game Like warframe, I agree with you on the issues you mentioned, but srsly Life of rio and the others are just players who couldn't handle the changes DE is making to the game, and you see them playing "remnant of the ashes" ... a complete rip off of Dark Souls that nobody care about playing, and its weird how they all "Quit warframe" at the same time like its a form of boycotting DE of something ...

if you Like Warframe, Play it casually and know that making great games is a marathon not a sprint, it take years... unless your name is Hideo Kojima

I mentioned the partners they are leaving only because in the discussions I did with lots of people in groups on Warframe they were the focal subject and people found themselves in their discussions. My criticism of the amount of content and the time that passes for their releases is detached from the partners, I like the game, I love the game, I kept it clear at the beginning of the thread and I'm sorry to see a flattening of the experience. Yes every game requires its development time I know very well, and as I wrote DE is an indie studio probably very small so with little staff and needs time to do something, but I suggested if it would not be better to do minor content scope than Railjack but that they can get into the game with more time consistency than today (taking the example of the quests that have passed since the announcement almost 2 years).

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

Ember and raid removal threads had a lot more complaining, so people are mostly either ok with the change, dont care that much or are simply willing to give it a shot. Saying that DE doesnt care about feedback is simply wrong.

Did anywhere in my posts say that DE doesn't care about feedback?Just that the majority doesn't awlays win.

1 minute ago, dw3t said:

A game like Warframe deserves content, and I'm happy that as you've already said, you consider the weapons content in the game quite satisfying. But this does not mean that we cannot improve.

We can but your idea of improvement is simply unrealistic or just bad for the game. You complain that bigger updates take to long and demand smaller ones on top of them. You completely disregard the fact that if they did that the bigger ones would have to be pushed even further. It wouldnt take 3 years to make them but 5. I can agree that they work on too much at once now but it doesnt mean they do less then they used to, on contrary. Ive read old patch notes and all that was different is that you had more things bundled together like primes and normal frames / weapons in 1 update as i mentioned. Now they also face a lot bigger problem then ever. Game is getting to clattered with content and not like you say that there isnt any. They cant stockpile system upon system upon another system because that drives newer players away and they need those a lot more then they need veterans.

1 minute ago, DeathDweller said:

Did anywhere in my posts say that DE doesn't care about feedback?Just that the majority doesn't awlays win.

Thats what it means you know. You have no way of knowing if its majority either so lets agree to speak only for ourselves from this point onwards.