dw3t

Maybe is time to update the game?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

Let me tell you a secret since this sentence you wrote confirms you must be pretty young and it explains why nothing sticks to you.

The answers you WANT mean exactly nothing. You cannot look at something and say "i disagree/i want the answer to be something else" and have it happen. If someone answers what you ask, then it doesn't matter what answer YOU wanted, you had your question answered. I suggest you actually do get some help because thinking that anyone that disagrees with you must have a messiah complex is not healthy for you and i suggest you stop twisting what is being told to you solely to fix what YOU want, the world does not revolve around YOU.

And point proven, you dont know the answers, its easier to scream all the time "DE fix" instead right? I dont care that you disagree, i care that you want to change a game into something it isnt. You deem everyone who doesnt agree with you a troll or white knight. I asked simple questions revolving around problems with what you want. You didnt even bother to try. Thats why im telling you that you have messiah complex not because you disagree. I was very open on what i want and why i want it this way, you just put vague statements and throw insults. Nothing more. You are the ones that think world should revolve around you and that everyone agrees with you while i said multiple times that i present my point of view and mine alone. The point of those questions wasnt the answers alone but to present your hopeless attitude. You just spit nonsens what they game needs, what must be changed, what added but when you are asked how to solve actual problems with what you want you keep crying how not understood you are and how stupid i am to even question your magnificence because you know better. I asked simple things and all i got is further proof that vets leaving this game would be the best thing that ever happened to it.

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kuciol said:

And point proven, you dont know the answers, its easier to scream all the time "DE fix" instead right? I dont care that you disagree, i care that you want to change a game into something it isnt. You deem everyone who doesnt agree with you a troll or white knight. I asked simple questions revolving around problems with what you want. You didnt even bother to try. Thats why im telling you that you have messiah complex not because you disagree. I was very open on what i want and why i want it this way, you just put vague statements and throw insults. Nothing more. You are the ones that think world should revolve around you and that everyone agrees with you while i said multiple times that i present my point of view and mine alone. The point of those questions wasnt the answers alone but to present your hopeless attitude. You just spit nonsens what they game needs, what must be changed, what added but when you are asked how to solve actual problems with what you want you keep crying how not understood you are and how stupid i am to even question your magnificence because you know better. I asked simple things and all i got is further proof that vets leaving this game would be the best thing that ever happened to it.

Sigh, complete lost cause.

I agree that the game needs to be changed. It's not like I hate it or anything, I just feel like DE is prioritizing wrong things. The best example of that are the past 2 months.

I always thought (and still do) that the summer is THE time of the year to get the most players, since there are summer breaks all across the world with people having a ton of free time. DE began it nicely with Tennocon, showing all the amazing stuff, starting the 2nd season of nightwave, etc.

But the problem came right after. Tennocon was just a bunch of reveals, but no actual update was dropped, so people started to speculate the dates. Then we got the gas city rework, which as cool as it may be, only provided 1-2 days of actual content and that was it. Then, a looong time later, we got the dog days event. Fun for the first couple tries, until you realize how much of a grind it actually was, and the rewards were pretty lackluster, especially considering their price.

And then silence came. Nothing got released after that and the soonest thing we will get is Gauss, another 1-2 days of content which will be released at the very end of August, right when most countries either finish or already have finished their summer break.

To summarize, we got 1 stream, 1 rather small content drop and 1 lackluster event in the most crucial time of year. That doesn't seem too great, does it?

• Applause 4

3 hours ago, kuciol said:

Go read old trial removal topic. Most complains revolved around needing a team not key. The removal itself was consequence of players not wanting to play it and DE's lack of motivation to constantly fix something that nobody played. DE said it fair and square they are no longer willing to bother with them because "nobody" wanted to play them anyway. Keys are just excuse for those that cant deal with that explanation. Forced teamplay always is problematic.

its DE fault for raids being broke on each hotfix they just failed to keep it stable & simply took the ez way to cut them off coz "nobody" played them hey the game is a better place now

coop is what the game lack, not every mission has to be a ext,cap,md,def,surv sab... i mean raids are supposed to be forced team play 

10 minutes ago, DemoniesGaming said:

Then we got the gas city rework, which as cool as it may be, only provided 1-2 days of actual content and that was it.

Tileset reworks providing short content are not the issue. If I might suggest, just go to the Wiki, go to Update 11 and read what each update added up to Update 12 and the dates each dropped.

Now go to Update 25 and do the same.

18 minutes ago, kuciol said:

The irony in this paragraph is astounding.

Many people in this thread have actually given their real concerns with the game with countless suggestions and constructive feedback as to what DE can fix or improve upon something in the game. Thus why this thread hasn’t been locked since it’s mostly constructive feedback rather than complaining. 

Aside from that though, instead of shooting down everyone’s suggestions/feedback with various reasons such as “I don’t like it and disagree, so it shouldn’t be added” is not only a bad mentality to have since it isn’t in anyway constructive, but also not beneficial to the conversation as well.

• Like 2

On 2019-08-23 at 10:25 AM, dw3t said:

In these hours I have seen many topics similar to this that I am going to do and I don't want to create flame or uncivil discussions, mine will be an analysis by a strong Warframe fan who in these hours is also fighting with some friends to make him understand that the game still deserves.

In the last few hours many Warframe partners are leaving the game (iFlynn, The Reaper Hunter and MCGamerzCZ) and with them many people I met on Warframe who find themselves in the discussions made in the videos of the various partners.

The focal point of these videos is: the game is stopped. There is no incentive to play, Nightwave ok you have a new way to alert but get to tier 30 for what a suit operator? The event just finished Dog Days was a disappointment (I finished the whole night playing 9 hours straight) where you either played afk or killed you didn't change anything and you had to farm and farm for balls? Yes the farm is the core game of Warframe we all know, we all spend hours grinding to level and farm resources to craft stuff but seriously after you've done all what you've earned? But I like to farm and that's right, Warframe is also billeted on this (unfortunately not on the scale of the enemies xP). 

The problem that many are noticing now is simply: there is no news. Is Gauss coming next week, but is Gauss really a content? No. You make it then you bring it to 30, form it, form again, end. This is done in 30 minutes without problems and then? You have finished everything. Many praise the Second Dream quest when it was introduced in 2015 because it introduced new mods, new lore to the game, a lot of plot and desire, and the following year came The War Within with a new tileset, other mods and new gameplay. Yes we have had Cetus and Fortuna in their turn after 1 year, and Fortuna has improved a lot compared to Cetus and this has been great but it is repeating the same thing it did not introduce anything new except the Profit Taker which in my opinion is the best boss in Warframe because it is balanced and fun. Doing Cetus and doing Fortuna leads to the same things: standing for the main associations and farming minerals.

In my opinion the most depressing question is the quests: The New War was announced with a teaser at the tennocon 2018 and will be released in December 2019, ie much more than a year. Between 2015 and 2016 there were quests in a row like that of Titania or Suda which introduced other lore, why did this stop? The Warframe lore is wonderful because having to do a 5 minute prologue where you have to spend 1000 ducats at the end and then having to leave the players waiting for almost 2 years for an upcoming quest?

Yes DE is an indie studio and they are at work on Railjack and The New War right now, I know very well and I'm very happy about it but we know very well that this game has bugs that have been there for years and that make frustrating many times the gaming experience. Wouldn't it be better to do short but interesting content with really fun events and maybe more bug fixes instead of blocking the game for 1 year?

I am Italian and our last partner (DesRPG) asked for the removal of the partner at the end of last year, mainly for the same reasons as The Reaper or MCGamerzCZ today, that is, there are no news that lead to play. A skin is not interesting and does not add anything to the game. The game needs quests, events that make you want to speculate on the lore and in the meantime have fun but this is no longer the case. From Fortuna the game is stopped. Yes I know very well that Profit Taker and Exploiter Orb are coming soon after and the Gas City rework has arrived, but the Gas City rework has added gameplay? NO! We must always do Survival, Interceptions, Defense, Mobile Defense. Yes the new way to farm hexnon is fun the first 10 times but then you get to the problem that has no interesting rewards so why do it? How to date why one should do 4 hours of survival? There is no incentive for those who want to play longer to do so.

I believe the time has come to change course and update the game much more frequently and add really content. A Warframe and 2 new weapons that will arrive in late August are not game content.

I mean, the new frame and weapons ARE content. Just not much. Maybe i see myself in some of this, but your a bit impatient. Although they may be tempted to lift the veil, I would think it best to keep a few secrets, and surprise us later. But enough of the minimal points, lets discuss the "Bigger picture".

Game Development and Design is a pain in the rear. I'm not in the industry, but as a tech enthusiast I can share that programs are hard to code. You ever sat down and tried to make a java coded bot? I'll let you know its hard. One keystroke off, and what even is that bot gonna be doing? Its... eventful to say the least. But it isn't a smooth "copy and paste" from templates. Game designing is terribly troublesome, and DE probably has it harder than most because the game their making is full of unique characteristics and that grind your gears. But at least Warframe has players (Anthem anyone?)

I get that its all getting tiresome. Personally I would love for Warframe to get a few boosts to the drop pools (still haven't gotten Condition Overload to drop) but lets be real. This isn't just a simple kill mobs game. Its getting better with the updates. All they really need is time to make sure that they have it up to par.

4 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Many people in this thread have actually given their real concerns with the game with countless suggestions and constructive feedback as to what DE can fix or improve upon something in the game. Thus why this thread hasn’t been locked since it’s mostly constructive feedback rather than complaining. 

Aside from that though, instead of shooting down everyone’s suggestions/feedback with various reasons such as “I don’t like it and disagree, so it shouldn’t be added” is not only a bad mentality to have since it isn’t in anyway constructive, but also not beneficial to the conversation as well.

I told already i dont care what you want, i know it already. I listed questions about issues with what you want, nothing i asked there have anything to do with agreeing or disagreeing but you still refuse to answer. I made it very clear that its all i want from this topic. Only thing im "shooting down" is changes to core concepts of the game. I dont play it for "engaging, strategic combat" but ive wasted enough time on that already.

21 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

coop is what the game lack, not every mission has to be a ext,cap,md,def,surv sab... i mean raids are supposed to be forced team play

Maybe the game lacks coop but forced one never works. 

15 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

its DE fault for raids being broke on each hotfix they just failed to keep it stable & simply took the ez way to cut them off coz "nobody" played them hey the game is a better place now

Probably their fault, they didnt know how to do it properly and the fact that it broke is mostly their fault. But its also unreasonable to have attitude like they just couldnt wait to remove it just to piss off some players. They deemed it not worth the effort, we have no authority to judge.

No offnese dude I but these kind of a big update because you dont even know how long does it take make this new expansion, and neither do I. So you write down alot of speech all you want. But its not going to stop all of the other players from playing this game. Their taking their times because this is big update and this new expansion to new player play or bring some other players who were playing this game to come back. You dont even know whats going on at their company, nobody knows how long will it take to get here. And also just because you have doubt about this doesnt you should make everyone else have doubts about this update. There are alot of people in that company are working very very hard because some of workers are on vacation, or that they have work on this update for different platforms because of they re really short on people working on this big expansion. When they get knocked down they always get back up on their feet, When other people want to tell them quit and give up they boulder. When they lift up the spirits for every tenno in this game They get stronger. So go ahead Tell alot speeches about this game but dont try mislead people dude  you it maybe okay your book but not on mines, They what their doing and they dont when this going to be done. This my favorite game and this company if never giving up, And i am not give up on them. So you need keep your negative stuff away from the forum and shut up and play some different game wait. This is not your way, its their way. And put on notication help you hear warframes news on the new expansion 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Maybe the game lacks coop but forced one never works. 

of course it wont work for the majority of players--new players i don't expect them to jump straight at it after buying the new skin bundle from the market 

they require preparations and communication till u gain full knowledge about the mechanic 

to me raids seem more sustainable then jupiter rework..... not every content has to please the ''average new players" 

6 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

of course it wont work for the majority of players--new players i don't expect them to jump straight at it after buying the new skin bundle from the market 

they require preparations and communication till u gain full knowledge about the mechanic 

to me raids seem more sustainable then jupiter rework..... not every content has to please the ''average new players" 

I believe I already covered why I think its bad idea. Doesnt matter really because it still doesnt adress problems I listed.

You maybe young and have some problem about playing this game and future expansion but you need to take a chill pill play other games it doesnt matter if this game is having problems but you cant tell people something wrong about this game. And if start playing this game and they change mind about being wrong about all this then your going stupid and speechless, Also their no one else in world can prove your right about this expansion. Yes the game has been having some bug problems when play some other event or mission are going to be on this game. So are going play a different game and misleading people right now, or are you sit here making false topic and make yourself look bad. Those are you choices now. You going to lose alof followers for all this you laying down on people and going to come back raining on top of you and destroy you.

9 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Playing the game is the intrinsic reward. Which, obviously, we don't do now when we automate or trivialise most of it.

Potatoes and forma are extrinsic rewards as well. Even though there's gameplay attached to it, acquiring and using them isn't itself gameplay. Adding a potato or some forma doesn't produce some brand new way to play in the majority of instances, it just makes what you have stronger. That's pretty much extrinsic reward 101.

Besides, who says balance means you can't be super powerful? If the ability to do this is achieved through fun and interesting gameplay, then cool, that's fine. DE can even make fun boss fights or quest set pieces where they withhold or enable that gameplay naturally as needed (as opposed to just... nullifiers or immunity). But right now we have Lazy Tank Inaros, press-4-to-win Banshee, Octavia (just... most of Octavia) and the Ignis Wraith, items that give big output for the most minimal input.

Breath of the Wild's a pretty excellent example of a game that makes you really powerful in endgame but doesn't automate it, even if it is one highly disconnected from Warframe in a large number of ways. You're not able to trivialise the game at all though - enemies can still give you a run for your money if you switch your brain off entirely, and you do still need to put a degree of effort in to reap the rewards. But the sheer number of options available to the player to deal with issues is massive once you have the resources of the endgame. Camps of enemies that were one a major concern in the early game become this fun experience of 'how to smash this one up best'. Because, sure, you could go in sword blazing but you can still get surrounded, and enemies don't do trivial damage, especially the silver ones. But you have dozens of options to deal with them - stealth, Magnesis-ing nearby metal crates to smack them around or drop on them, their own bomb barrel hazards combined with your bomb arrows, to the point that if you play your cards right, Warframe-levels of destruction are very much possible. But only if you play your cards right. It's very possible for said destruction to be impossible due to your equipment at that moment or if the situation doesn't allow it, or simply messing up the process - possibly even being in the blast radius.

Obviously BotW is far, far from where Warframe is or ever should be save from some choice cuts or sweeping elements, but it's a good exemplar piece. It doesn't just hand you unstoppable power when it gives you Lynel equipment for beating one or for beating the dungeons. It gives you the ability to have that power from your own skill at the game. That's definitely something Warframe sorely needs.

Look at how many mode with intrinsic rewards we have like you said such as disruption, orb mothers, still not played much because there's no good rewards that they consider rewarding so what can you say about that?

35 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

Can you tell me how a mode where co-op is forced or mandatory, which is hardly something more than a mode that you will do over and over again is more sustainable than the rest of the game? Might as well put more responsibility in rescue where the hostage can't teleport to you and you have to carry the hostage where you have to reach extraction unarmed so your teammates have to cover you

Personally I think the game is awesome. I have been playing for over 7 years, over 5000+ hours, and STILL its the ONLY game I play consistently and log into every day.

DE have made a fantastic game, I can wait for content, Greatness takes time and they make greatness all the time!

I simply love and adore this game

DE is awesome! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Don't get bought out by EA, that's when the game and yourself will go down the toilet.

Just keep doing what your doing, the game, the updates, the twitch thing, simply love it all, so seamless, fast paced, graphically pleasing, love the grind..... I'm just in love!

The ONLY thing I don't like is its not in the UK! LOL! I so wish I was Canadian! LOL!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Can you tell me how a mode where co-op is forced or mandatory, which is hardly something more than a mode that you will do over and over again is more sustainable than the rest of the game? Might as well put more responsibility in rescue where the hostage can't teleport to you and you have to carry the hostage where you have to reach extraction unarmed so your teammates have to cover you

team play in order to progress seem more sustainable to me then any other mission u can do on your own, most of mission types in warframe repeat themself so guess we used to that

as for your "nightmare rescue" im sure it can ez be done with just operators by your teammates 

kinda escort the drone in the plains with bodyguards got it

btw am i allowed to vandame kick mobs in my way 😛

Edited by HIGHDAMAGE

10 minutes ago, ---No-Mercy--- said:

Personally I think the game is awesome. I have been playing for over 7 years, over 5000+ hours, and STILL its the ONLY game I play consistently and log into every day.

DE have made a fantastic game, I can wait for content, Greatness takes time and they make greatness all the time!

I simply love and adore this game

DE is awesome! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Don't get bought out by EA, that's when the game and yourself will go down the toilet.

Just keep doing what your doing, the game, the updates, the twitch thing, simply love it all, so seamless, fast paced, graphically pleasing, love the grind..... I'm just in love!

The ONLY thing I don't like is its not in the UK! LOL! I so wish I was Canadian! LOL!

let me guess but hurt by anthem

1 hour ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

His answer to you was literally "I told already i dont care what you want", so he wants answers......but he wants the answers HE wants and not the answers he's given over and over.

This game actively needs to change again. It needs a bit of challenge, it needs faster content that doesn't take a year+ to make and i needs DE to begin interacting with the community again. Remember when there was a council that even helped with Warframe design?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

3 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

His answer to you was literally "I told already i dont care what you want", so he wants answers......but he wants the answers HE wants and not the answers he's given over and over.

This game actively needs to change again. It needs a bit of challenge, it needs faster content that doesn't take a year+ to make and i needs DE to begin interacting with the community again. Remember when there was a council that even helped with Warframe design?

How do we get a bit of a challenge when our power it limitless? We have the video of a player killing profit taker orb with banshee which is considered as near impossible because she can't take a stray bullet grazing her knee without dying

Faster content? Keep in mind that those games with faster content release have some way of mandatory payment to maintain their income for development costs so I believe you don't mind if warframe has WoW subscription to play model to have a steady income for content development?

18 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

team play in order to progress seem more sustainable to me then any other mission u can do on your own, most of mission types in warframe repeat themself so guess we used to that

as for your "nightmare rescue" im sure it can ez be done with just operators by your teammates 

btw am i allowed to vandame kick mobs in my way 😛

so it's only "seem more sustainable to me"? It's only your opinion on being more sustainable, not a universal view

No, no vandame kick for you, you have to bring the hostage unarmed and there's nothing you can do to defend yourself unless you drop the hostage

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, 844448 said:

How do we get a bit of a challenge when our power it limitless? We have the video of a player killing profit taker orb with banshee which is considered as near impossible because she can't take a stray bullet grazing her knee without dying

Faster content? Keep in mind that those games with faster content release have some way of mandatory payment to maintain their income for development costs so I believe you don't mind if warframe has WoW subscription to play model to have a steady income for content development?

That's kinda the problem, power creep already happened again and again and many of the ways to limit us are kinda.....cheap [see the infamous bubbles which everyone has hated for years and the Demolysts that just fart out disruptive auras]. Something has to be done, even if it means overhauling a good chunk of the game.

Otherwise, we'll just get more power creep, more grind that barely lasts and enemies that can only be killed by "insert mechanic introduced by the patch here". There also needs to be a huge balancing patch across the board for EVERY Warframe [since we all know the famous "lets nerf Ember" moments only to then make Octavia who made Ember look like a baby], less Warframes like Octavia and Nidus and more focus on using supporting Warframes [otherwise what the heck is the point of them]

Edited by Ephemiel

Just now, 844448 said:

so it's only "seem more sustainable to me"? It's only your opinion on being more sustainable, not a universal view

No, no vandame kick for you, you have to bring the hostage unarmed and there's nothing you can do to defend yourself unless you drop the hostage

well i can't speak for everyone wont make that mistake, but seriously thinking about it forced team play in order to progress will nerff our power creep

Just now, Ephemiel said:

That's kinda the problem, power creep already happened again and again and many of the ways to limit us are kinda.....cheap [see the infamous bubbles which everyone has hated for years and the Demolysts that just fart out disruptive auras]. Something has to be done, even if it means overhauling a good chunk of the game.

Otherwise, we'll just get more power creep, more grind that barely lasts and enemies that can only be killed by "insert mechanic introduced by the patch here". There also needs to be a huge balancing patch across the board for EVERY Warframe [since we all know the famous "lets nerf Ember" moments only to then make Octavia who made Ember look like a baby].

So a massive buffs and nerfs as balancing? Better start at saryn, chroma and octavia, can't let people wiping out ESO and tridolon in one shot right?

And where's your answer on faster content?

Just now, 844448 said:

So a massive buffs and nerfs as balancing? Better start at saryn, chroma and octavia, can't let people wiping out ESO and tridolon in one shot right?

And where's your answer on faster content?

By faster, i mean releasing them faster btw, not content that's faster. Warframe isn't a tiny little indie game, it's a game by a company with enough money to make a full Con and yet it takes a year and a half since them teasing the new two big patches to the release [maybe, we don't know if any delay will happen between now and then]? Can you imagine Blizzard at Blizzcon hinting the new patch for WoW and having them wait a year and a half for it? They'd be getting crucified to a level that would nearly reach the "do you guys not have phones?" backlash.