Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe is time to update the game?

Videatur

1 minute ago, Pr1A said:

Youtuber/streamer "culture" is cancer and the partner program is useless. They might as well scrap it completely.

This I agree with. Seems to have created a toxic culture more than improved the community.

• Like 9

You know, it's okay to wind down, take breaks and do other things. Empyrean and The New War are coming, but big content updates take time and work. DE even explicitly stated they intended for players to take breaks and come back. The game will still be here when you do.

Partners are really just players who decided to specialize and make a big deal about it. Personally, that's their first mistake, but whatever, their lives. I think the precise importance of their opinions is exaggerated.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

They can do that, but have fun waiting even longer for the main lore quests. They stopped doing those simply because they take too much dev time. It sucks, I know. 

They need new ways to give us warframe related lore like comics or codex entries or whatevers

I hope instead that you can find a chink to do beautiful quests like that of Titania or Octavia. If we consider Octavia with respect to the Revenant quest I would say that this is a bit sad.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul said:

the solution is play something else. 

I log on run the sortie, focus and a few other things. log out and play something different. 

You dont need to play warframe all day every day so why treat it as such.

Wait for the new content and enjoy it. Any game out there only has so much content and warframe is no different. 

I know it very well and it is not a problem to change the game, but this does not change my criticism about the small amount of real content in the game and the distance with which it comes.

7 minutes ago, --C--Nehra said:

They are streamers, can't juggle 20 games and expect a stable audience. And warframe is proving to be worst choice for a streamer. So they are leaving it, because they can't continue and thrive with it. Nothing DE can't be criticized for? Let me tell you something, DE didn't keep me in the game, YouTube's showed me how to play and stuff. So, I would be long gone if it were not for them. 

What does DE care for these days? Guitars, skins and Jojo references. Not their partners. 

So, as you said, they are making the right choice. Why support a game that's not sustainable for your channel. 

And white knights will never see DE's fault in this. They will keep playing their banjo and enjoy new bootylicious skins week after week. 

What, you're saying is DE's fault that youtube leeches can't make money anymore? Oh go cry me a river, "partners" don't help the game in any way shape or form. One youtube video made by TotalBiscuit and one by Jim Sterling helped way more than any "partner" did. That's how much power "partners" have got, so why should DE waste their time catering to them when they they don't even have a glimmer of the power of one random youtuber that doesn't even have 1 million subscribers. It's not DE's fault you can't manage your channels properly, it's not DE's fault you learned jack s*it from all those dead Minecraft and Overwatch channels and more importantly, it's not DE's fault you're incapable of bringing them the users to make this exchange fair. So how about you stop blaming the players genuinely enjoying a great game and start looking at what part your incompetence played in the downfall of your channel?

• Like 5

The thing about working on bigger and more ambitious updates mean that there is less content in our hands, and that is unfortunately how it has been for quite a long time now, which does suck, yes.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, Warframe needs sustainable content. When said content is released, we breeze through it insanely fast and then we’re wanting more while DE are working on the next big thing. Which is understandable, but then players are left not much to do when said content is finished. A way to address this in my opinion is to add content that is sustainable in a way which would need to be replayable at the same time so that when they are working on the next big update, we are still able to have content to do instead of having nothing to do.

7 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

You know, it's okay to wind down, take breaks and do other things. Empyrean and The New War are coming, but big content updates take time and work. DE even explicitly stated they intended for players to take breaks and come back. The game will still be here when you do.

Partners are really just players who decided to specialize and make a big deal about it. Personally, that's their first mistake, but whatever, their lives. I think the precise importance of their opinions is exaggerated.

I know I'm on my way and I'm excited about it, but from Fortuna to today there have been no major changes except for a new way to farm a new resource. That's ok, thanks to DE and I'm glad there is, as I'm happy that Profit Taker, as I have already written, is one of the best bosses (if not the best) in Warframe. But compared to the years 2015/2016 the release of content (even just quests) has dropped a lot and this in the long run simply creates frustration. I love Warframe and I play it anyway but because I love it and love the game deeply I would like to see something more in that sense, without taking anything away from anyone.

3 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

The thing about working on bigger and more ambitious updates mean that there is less content in our hands, and that is unfortunately how it has been for quite a long time now, which does suck, yes.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, Warframe needs sustainable content. When said content is released, we breeze through it insanely fast and then we’re wanting more while DE are working on the next big thing. Which is understandable, but then players are left not much to do when said content is finished. A way to address this in my opinion is to add content that is sustainable in a way which would need to be replayable at the same time so that when they are working on the next big update, we are still able to have content to do instead of having nothing to do.

Perfectly agree with you. We need sustainable content and maybe we change it over time to make the wait for bigger updates less frustrating, especially if it takes years for these.

8 minutes ago, dw3t said:

I know I'm on my way and I'm excited about it, but from Fortuna to today there have been no major changes except for a new way to farm a new resource. That's ok, thanks to DE and I'm glad there is, as I'm happy that Profit Taker, as I have already written, is one of the best bosses (if not the best) in Warframe. But compared to the years 2015/2016 the release of content (even just quests) has dropped a lot and this in the long run simply creates frustration. I love Warframe and I play it anyway but because I love it and love the game deeply I would like to see something more in that sense, without taking anything away from anyone.

Well, you know, things change. Change is the only true constant in this universe. Maybe their old way of doing things weren't sustainable anymore. It's certainly not like their old content flew out smelling like roses either. Just look at the Raids mess. All that work, only to scrap it.

Frustration comes from expectation. What did you expect from this game, precisely, that there would be major new content every week? That's not how game development works, and devs are humans who need to be managed or they too would burn out. Just look at the recent BioWare departures.

Again, the devs explicitly said they intend for players to take breaks. Take a break.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

And I would like to see your definition on "sustainable" because only saying "content that is sustainable in a way" and "need to be replayable" doesn't tell anything

@dw3t, Are you speaking in terms of personal experience or are you just feeding all the trash posts in GD?

Most of the people that complains there are nothing left for them to do are the vets that have been playing the game for years. And they have the right to, I'll give them that. But the people that cry in forums are the posers that they think they're entitled to do so just because they "put in the time" playing WF. But when you look at their WF profiles, they haven't even mastered half the content WF has to offer.

And who TF cares if WF partners are leaving? Do you play with them on a daily basis? Are they your friends? Are they part of your clan/alliance that regularly plans incursions for your clan/alliance? What makes these people essential to your gameplay experience?

Since you're demanding content on a regular basis, how about look at other games similar to warframe? Or at least trying to compete with warframe? You said it yourself, DE is a indie studio. Meaning they don't have the funding triple A titles have. WF thrives on content people buy with real money. If you want content, keep buying S#&$ from them.

• Like 3

Just now, 844448 said:

And I would like to see your definition on "sustainable" because only saying "content that is sustainable in a way" and "need to be replayable" doesn't tell anything

That’s fair. Sustainable content needs to have replay value with good enough rewards in it so that players aren’t bored of their minds. What does that actually look like? No idea, but if said game mode or system in the game had replayable content that we could do over and over with it being unique and fresh while also having good and variety of rewards for players, then I’d be ok with that.

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

That’s fair. Sustainable content needs to have replay value with good enough rewards in it so that players aren’t bored of their minds. What does that actually look like? No idea, but if said game mode or system in the game had replayable content that we could do over and over with it being unique and fresh while also having good and variety of rewards for players, then I’d be ok with that.

So it's the rewards that makes it "sustainable"? Looks like I'm way too old in view when I'm not even 25 yet for enjoying the gameplay only and never look at the rewards as the sustainable content

And from your description, sortie, arbitration and void fissures are sustainable content so what else do you want?

Just now, 844448 said:

So it's the rewards that makes it "sustainable"? Looks like I'm way too old in view when I'm not even 25 yet for enjoying the gameplay only and never look at the rewards as the sustainable content

Well the replay value is would need to make it fully sustainable, the reward is what incentives the players to do said content.

3 minutes ago, 844448 said:

And from your description, sortie, arbitration and void fissures are sustainable content so what else do you want?

Oh for sure, it definitely does sound like other game modes without a doubt. The way it would be different from the rest though is that it would need to be unique enough and fresh for players from everything else so that players aren’t burnt out of it with it being unique every time you do it. Easier to be said than done though.

Two things to say:

1. Warframe youtube "partners" should not be taken as a measure of anything. Their main aim is to make money from videos, likes and subscriptions. Warframe doesn't work for them in that regard? That's fine, they can move on to something else. They not making money off the game cannot be used as a measure of how or why any individual player enjoys the game. They might feel disappointed or angry at Warframe, and that can reflect the opinions of some players, but it doesn't speak for the whole player-base.

2. I'd like more smaller content like the OP suggested. Three or four "operations" per year would be nice in my humble opinion, things that do not require huge redesigning of game systems or whole new maps. Maybe a new Corpus robot appeared on Pluto and we have to take care of it in a series of missions. Or a Behemoth-sized Grineer is terrorizing Mars and Tenno have to kill it. That sort of thing. Specific-warframe themed missions would also be more than welcome. Little lore stuff with characters e.g. Maroo or Darvo. At the same time I realize that DE has made a conscious decision of making bigger and less frequent content like the Empyrean and New War. I suspect this works better for them and by that I mean financially: big updates are more likely to bring headlines and coverage, unlike the "smaller" type of content. In the meantime, new warframe releases (see Gauss), new primes, vaults and skins cover their need for income in-between large updates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rastaban75 said:

Two things to say:

1. Warframe youtube "partners" should not be taken as a measure of anything. Their main aim is to make money from videos, likes and subscriptions. Warframe doesn't work for them in that regard? That's fine, they can move on to something else. They not making money off the game cannot be used as a measure of how or why any individual player enjoys the game. They might feel disappointed or angry at Warframe, and that can reflect the opinions of some players, but it doesn't speak for the whole player-base.

2. I'd like more smaller content like the OP suggested. Three or four "operations" per year would be nice in my humble opinion, things that do not require huge redesigning of game systems or whole new maps. Maybe a new Corpus robot appeared on Pluto and we have to take care of it in a series of missions. Or a Behemoth-sized Grineer is terrorizing Mars and Tenno have to kill it. That sort of thing. Specific-warframe themed missions would also be more than welcome. Little lore stuff with characters e.g. Maroo or Darvo. At the same time I realize that DE has made a conscious decision of making bigger and less frequent content like the Empyrean and New War. I suspect this works better for them and by that I mean financially: big updates are more likely to bring headlines and coverage, unlike the "smaller" type of content. In the meantime, new warframe releases (see Gauss), new primes, vaults and skins cover their need for income in-between large updates.

Surely contents of greater media noise are good for the company compared to single quests for new Warframe (like titania or octavia or inaros) but contents as you described can be applied to the game without too many problems. General operations and events that lead to unique rewards and that give a sense of "new" even if minimal while waiting for much larger updates like Empyrean or The New War.

Let's be honest here. DE has changed course since 2015. I've got just under 3700hrs of in game time play. There are vets that  have started in beta and before that that have well over 10K hours in game played and perhaps more. Vet's are not complaining or leaving strictly because they are bored and there is nothing to do (There is context to this).

The Vet's that have put that time in did not do it because they were bored or had nothing to do. They are/were quite content until the past couple of years when things started drastically changing. (CONTENT HAS BEEN STRIPPED AWAY). Tower keys in the void for endless missions to farm Primed Parts. Raids, and other mini events, all gone. Warframes were more balanced. CC was king, DPS was not so much. 

If Vets are complaining NOW and more vigorously that there is nothing to do, it is because DE took away the content that kept the balance between the dry spells of further updates and new content. That IS DE's fault. They forgot the 7 P's (Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.)

DE is trading in the good will and Veteran community that we/they have built in favour of the casual new player. Now I see more and more players post 2017/18 who have NO idea what Warframe was really like before, also complaining that they have no sustainable content, but because they are new, are a little more patient about the wait.

Warframe has changed since many of the noobs, 2017/18 and up players joined Warframe, that you have Zero frame of reference as to why Youtube Vets, and Vets in general are not happy with DE right now. Telling Vets, play something else, who have put over 5K hours into the game until recently, is insulting and myopic. If Vet's are complaining, there is a good reason for it. Noobs you are now getting to the end point faster than long standing Vet's did. The Vets were happy to play Warframe. No one would put 5K+ hours into the game if they did not, but for the drastic change in direction DE has taken in prioritising their time and direction. DE could have prevented this with a little prior thought and preparation ala the Void and tower key solution as an example of sustained playable and fun content until they introduce new stuff.