Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe is time to update the game?

Videatur

Partners are "leaving" because there isn't enough new stuff in Warframe to make videos on, at least videos they can get a bunch of views for. They'll be going to other games for their content creation or just sticking to Twitch streaming their gameplay. Then they'll be back once new updates drop so they can rake in those views. This isn't first time this has happened, and it won't be the last.

• Like 4

You guys are delusional. There is no such thing as sustainable content and there is no way to make content at the pace that would satisfy you. No game ever made it. Dont even start with the old bs "but poeple still go back to play xyz" because you dont even see the keywords "GOING BACK". Name one game that is on market over 5 years and people dont complain about content drought and "bad direction". 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Let's be honest here. DE has changed course since 2015. I've got just under 3700hrs of in game time play. There are vets that  have started in beta and before that that have well over 10K hours in game played and perhaps more. Vet's are not complaining or leaving strictly because they are bored and there is nothing to do (There is context to this).

The Vet's that have put that time in did not do it because they were bored or had nothing to do. They are/were quite content until the past couple of years when things started drastically changing. (CONTENT HAS BEEN STRIPPED AWAY). Tower keys in the void for endless missions to farm Primed Parts. Raids, and other mini events, all gone. Warframes were more balanced. CC was king, DPS was not so much. 

If Vets are complaining NOW and more vigorously that there is nothing to do, it is because DE took away the content that kept the balance between the dry spells of further updates and new content. That IS DE's fault. They forgot the 7 P's (Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.)

DE is trading in the good will and Veteran community that we/they have built in favour of the casual new player. Now I see more and more players post 2017/18 who have NO idea what Warframe was really like before, also complaining that they have no sustainable content, but because they are new, are a little more patient about the wait.

Warframe has changed since many of the noobs, 2017/18 and up players joined Warframe, that you have Zero frame of reference as to why Youtube Vets, and Vets in general are not happy with DE right now. Telling Vets, play something else, who have put over 5K hours into the game until recently, is insulting and myopic. If Vet's are complaining, there is a good reason for it. Noobs you are now getting to the end point faster than long standing Vet's did. The Vets were happy to play Warframe. No one would put 5K+ hours into the game if they did not, but for the drastic change in direction DE has taken in prioritising their time and direction. DE could have prevented this with a little prior thought and preparation ala the Void and tower key solution as an example of sustained playable and fun content until they introduce new stuff.

my desire and not necessarily having to close the game when the game can improve as it has always done technically since it exists, only in the contents it does not improve as it did in 2014/2015/2016

3 minutes ago, kuciol said:

You guys are delusional. There is no such thing as sustainable content and there is no way to make content at the pace that would satisfy you. No game ever made it. Dont even start with the old bs "but poeple still go back to play xyz" because you dont even see the keywords "GOING BACK". Name one game that is on market over 5 years and people dont complain about content drought and "bad direction". 

I don't want to go off-topic but there are famous MMO games that carry expansions very frequently and long enough to make the wait less frustrating than a quest every 2 years. To me this saddens.

52 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

You know, it's okay to wind down, take breaks and do other things. Empyrean and The New War are coming, but big content updates take time and work. DE even explicitly stated they intended for players to take breaks and come back. The game will still be here when you do.

Partners are really just players who decided to specialize and make a big deal about it. Personally, that's their first mistake, but whatever, their lives. I think the precise importance of their opinions is exaggerated.

It is nice that you say that, however Prior to 2016 people had played Warframe for well over 5K hours in game, which means the content available then was quite entertaining and somehow gave the illusion there was sustainable entertaining things to do in Warframe that people would rack up such hours. Post 2016 I see few players with as many hours in game racked up. That tells me something  has drastically changed in Warframe that play hours and retention is dropping even though the over all number of people  coming into the game is increasing.

Logic tells me that carousel will whirl only so long until people realise that the game is shallow now compared to what it was.  If you have sustainable entertaining game play that keeps you roped in, whilst still bringing in new players, to me that concept is more sustaining, and healthy for the game than ditching Vet players and their concerns and focusing on shallow things and casual new player experiences.  Another words Warframes old Strong foundations are crumbling, can be fixed, but they need to get on with it soon before their shiny tower takes a tumble. 

Just now, dw3t said:

I don't want to go off-topic but there are famous MMO games that carry expansions very frequently and long enough to make the wait less frustrating than a quest every 2 years. To me this saddens.

Name them then. I will check. I bet they get same complains on forums. 

1 minute ago, CuChulainnWD said:

a little prior thought and preparation ala the Void and tower key solution as an example of sustained playable and fun content until they introduce new stuff.

So hang on, massively diluted drop tables, abysmal drop chances for rare parts, and forcing players to play the same single mission (statisitcally) scores of times for a single one of those parts counted as "sustained playable and fun content"?

Gameplay was sustained because you had pitifully low chances of getting out of the gameplay loop with what you went in for. The old Void was only fun in hindsight, after you got the stuff you needed, after the Skinner box finally pooped out your treat.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Just ‘cause other games haven’t done it perfectly, doesn’t mean DE can’t do it. They just need to execute it perfectly for it to work. I’ve posted this in another thread but I’m gonna post it here as well.

Sustainable content could work in Warframe, it would just need to be executed well enough by DE. A big factor for it work is that it would need to have replay value so players aren’t able to be burnt out on it insanely fast as the rest of the game. 

Meaning that it has to have good enough rewards for players to actually have an incentive to do said content and would also have to be unique so players aren’t bored out of their minds of the same thing over and over.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

So hang on, massively diluted drop tables, abysmal drop chances for rare parts, and forcing players to play the same single mission (statisitcally) scores of times for a single one of those parts counted as "sustained playable and fun content"?

Gameplay was sustained because you had pitifully low chances of getting out of the gameplay loop with what you went in for. The old Void was only fun in hindsight, after you got the stuff you needed, after the Skinner box finally pooped out your treat.

You are forgetting the coop aspect of it that brought people together to push themselves to go further into rotation C territory. Testing builds, having fun with your friends on discord. Making profit from primed parts by selling them for plat if you already got the parts. Etc etc. The whole game is based on skinner box principles, so your point is moot there.

At least back prior to 2016 I had never heard of content drought complaints and vets not having anything to do. Raids existed, the Void mattered etc etc. The game has had a lot stripped away that had sustainable content.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Well in my eyes Indies are small studios that work independently.. de is not small, and in today's world publishers aren't even necessary, just looking at other devs breaking terms with them.. so..

BUT WHY DID THEY SELL CHICKEN?

Indie =/= small, it simply means they are independant and do their own thing without a publisher breathing down their neck. Leyou is simply a holding company/investor, something many indie studios make use of in one way or another. And as a second note, DE is indeed small when you compare them to the big big companies.

As for the OP. I think you and many others fail to realize just how much work is getting put into the bigger content releases (like Fortuna etc). Most games would likely release those as expansions with few updates in between for free. Yet DE manages to release smaller content additions throughout the year while also working on these bigger updates. Just because it is a f2p game it doesnt mean it is cheaper or easier to fart out content in between larger releases.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dw3t said:

WoW that incredibly you pay even and not once but per month and whose farm is much longer than Warframe.

Well what do you expect. You compare a sub based b2p game with a f2p one?

Blizzard needs to do something to justify the monthly price tag. 

ESO has several expansion releases aswell, but in between those the free content releases are extremely shallow. So they run with a sub model hidden behind expansion purchases.

1 hour ago, GinKenshin said:

They need new ways to give us warframe related lore like comics or codex entries or whatevers

Forget about it. They have stuck a goldmine and they will stick to their formula. Quests don't do much financially. Cosmetics and the shenanigans they are doing at present are a successful formula. So, can't say anything anymore. Their game, their rules. 

1 hour ago, dw3t said:

I know it very well and it is not a problem to change the game, but this does not change my criticism about the small amount of real content in the game and the distance with which it comes.

How are you judging the amount of content in the game?

Warframe has a substantial story that takes quite a while to complete. About a half dozen side stories, two open worlds with their own mission systems, and hundreds of frames and items to craft and upgrade. I think i have like some total of 60 days of play time, which ill be honest is impressive even to me. How many games are lucky to boast that it takes maybe 40 hours to complete.

I'm 60 days of play time and 490 days logged in and i still need equipment to rank up and i find plenty of things to do EVERY DAY. Any major game release doesn't provide nearly as much content for absolutely nothing in return from the player.

imo there is plenty enough to do in the game and more content is coming so just chill. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul said:

How are you judging the amount of content in the game?

Warframe has a substantial story that takes quite a while to complete. About a half dozen side stories, two open worlds with their own mission systems, and hundreds of frames and items to craft and upgrade. I think i have like some total of 60 days of play time, which ill be honest is impressive even to me. How many games are lucky to boast that it takes maybe 40 hours to complete.

I'm 60 days of play time and 490 days logged in and i still need equipment to rank up and i find plenty of things to do EVERY DAY. Any major game release doesn't provide nearly as much content for absolutely nothing in return from the player.

imo there is plenty enough to do in the game and more content is coming so just chill. 

Your 60 days of gameplay doesn't rule out the opinion of people putting 4/5 years. But you will learn. Just like the rest. But then the majority would still be in the shoes you are in, so you will also pass out in the sunset, misunderstood, and mad. 

34 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

It is nice that you say that, however Prior to 2016 people had played Warframe for well over 5K hours in game, which means the content available then was quite entertaining and somehow gave the illusion there was sustainable entertaining things to do in Warframe that people would rack up such hours. Post 2016 I see few players with as many hours in game racked up. That tells me something  has drastically changed in Warframe that play hours and retention is dropping even though the over all number of people  coming into the game is increasing.

Logic tells me that carousel will whirl only so long until people realise that the game is shallow now compared to what it was.  If you have sustainable entertaining game play that keeps you roped in, whilst still bringing in new players, to me that concept is more sustaining, and healthy for the game than ditching Vet players and their concerns and focusing on shallow things and casual new player experiences.  Another words Warframes old Strong foundations are crumbling, can be fixed, but they need to get on with it soon before their shiny tower takes a tumble. 

Considering this year's Loki & Volt Unvaulting made me rack up a lot of hours but also left me with a burning hatred of all Neo relics, I don't think hours played is a good indication of enjoyment. Certainly these days, I'm down to playing about 2 hours a day tops, but enjoying it much more. I bet those WOW gold farmers rack up ridiculous hours.

But again, Vets are just players who happen to have a bigger number than everybody else. Their opinion are not the be all and end all, and I doubt there is even a consensus among them anyway. Ideally, a game should cater to both newer players and vets, sure, but there are pros and cons to everything, and it is a disservice to look at the past with rose-tinted glasses without acknowledging their flaws. For example, from what I heard, Void Keys sounded like hours of pointless, mindless grind, while Raids were a buggy mess few people played and had player toxicity problems.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, --C--Nehra said:

Your 60 days of gameplay doesn't rule out the opinion of people putting 4/5 years. But you will learn. Just like the rest. But then the majority would still be in the shoes you are in, so you will also pass out in the sunset, misunderstood, and mad. 

well this isnt a $&*^ measuring contest but endgame is endgame, which is where im at in warframe currently.

I learned a while ago to log in do what i need to do and log out. Its pretty simple actually and i also get to play different games from time to time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, --C--Nehra said:

Ayyep. The Sky is not falling, yet. DE can pull up their socks and turn things around. I am giving Steve and the game a year or two after Railjack and the new Paradox event to tie everything they want in Warframe together, then they had best start addressing Veteran concerns. Because at this rate, if they don't, they will be a slowly sinking ship.

To new players it looks like there is a TON of content. There is, but to Vets, we have done it. We HAD sustainable things to do that kept us vested for thousands of hours prior to the direction change DE took. Now, they stripped that away. Now we Vets have an issue that DE needs to address.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul said:

well this isnt a $&*^ measuring contest but endgame is endgame, which is where im at in warframe currently.

I learned a while ago to log in do what i need to do and log out. Its pretty simple actually and i also get to play different games from time to time.

Lol, yeah I understand. All I am saying is warframe is not a creator-friendly game anymore. (Twitch or YouTube!) It's a financially successful model, made by DE, for DE and content creators need not apply. Simple. 

Edited by --C--Nehra

Just now, --C--Nehra said:

Lol, yeah I understand. All I am saying is warfare is not a creator-friendly game anymore. (Twitch or YouTube!) It's a financially successful model, made by DE, for DE and content creators need not apply. Simple. 

Dude, stop. I can only laugh so much today.

I log in I check on the sortie...finish it...congrats on your new sculpture...

Okay..next Arbitration...is it infested...it is... okay lets run 20 minutes because all I want is another Aura Forma...Spends 20 minutes, gets endo and sculpture...Now I know you will say go an hour..and I have gone two to three and if the Aura Forma doesn't drop in the first 20 minutes its not dropping period...So I'm not wasting my time for another hour on the same garbage in the reward pool...

Okay next up...I've currently completed all the Nighwave missions...and have achieved the infested gimp suit...Okay..so maybe next Sunday i'll prestige for Kuva that can be bought...

What else can I do that means anything to me...Oh Arcanes..goes to earth...Nighttime won't be available for another hour...Fuuuuuuu...Sigh..REGION CHAT..How's my peeps on Region...

Region: Girls don't play games, racism, screeching, players trying to get other player to step on instant bans...Region is end game on continual entertainment...But I need to run some relics so I can "not" sell them because trade chat is well trade chat...Oh look it's all rescues and defenses...pass...Alright next...

Let's play in my dojo and make it look good...Fiddles with a few rooms, changes the lighting...Okay bored...

What shall we do now?...Region: Still screeching...I love those guys...but, we should do something else...Leveling! That sounds great I need to level this Stradavar..even though all I'm using is the Fulmin...but whatever...

Off to ESO..and Two Volts and a Saryn are like don't mind us we're just going to kill the entire map till we get bored for nine rotations....Yay I guess...

What's arbitration doing..Grineer excavation...NOPE..not worth it...

Hmm I do need to unlock inventory slots in No Man's Sky...plays NMS...game crashes the minute I land on a planet...Sigh..Maybe Monster Hunter World...But I'll have to practice on that weird lizard lion thing for hours just to remember how to play...I know..Twitter or Netflix....NETFLIX..but I've finished Mind Hunter season 2 already...Dang it...

Another day of Warframe....

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Considering this year's Loki & Volt Unvaulting made me rack up a lot of hours but also left me with a burning hatred of all Neo relics, I don't think hours played is a good indication of enjoyment. Certainly these days, I'm down to playing about 2 hours a day tops, but enjoying it much more. I bet those WOW gold farmers rack up ridiculous hours.

But again, Vets are just players who happen to have a bigger number than everybody else. Their opinion are not the be all and end all, and I doubt there is even a consensus among them anyway. Ideally, a game should cater to both newer players and vets, sure, but there are pros and cons to everything, and it is a disservice to look at the past with rose-tinted glasses without acknowledging their flaws. For example, from what I heard, Void Keys sounded like hours of pointless, mindless grind, while raids were a buggy mess few people played and had played toxicity problems.

I agree, but Vets don't rack up those considerable hours and numbers for just the grind either. There is and was some enjoyment to be had doing it as we would play with friends, chat on discord etc, and have fun. The hours would melt away. That has all be taken out of Warframe now.

You tell me, given the changes since 2015. I think the word and value of Vets opinions DO matter as much or more than the myopic views of new players, because new players have not experienced the constant changes Warframe has gone through over the years. The Vets have seen that, done that and stuck with it, until now, where the Vets are now voicing their concerns. Maybe new players should take that into consideration, as it benefits them too in the LONG run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Are Railjack and the New War not content then?

Are they now? Were they 3 months ago? Will they be next week?

Damn right they're not content. They don't exist, and won't for a while. 

• Like 1