dw3t

Maybe is time to update the game?

Just now, Midas said:

You ever heard of blizzard and how they had an expansion each year with tons of new raids/pvp etc... back in the day?

every 2 years and they are like 30 times bigger and they lost 11 milion subscribers , yea very good example.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, kuciol said:

You got arbitrations and disrupotion, new frames and weapons also take time to make and they alter gameplay. You want something that already failed or just doesnt exist and is impossible to make. There is no way they can produce content at the pace that would satisfy you, even the biggest companies in the world cant do that. Would new content every 2 months be nice? Yea sure but it simply not realistic to expect that. Raids are trash, you want raids go play destiny and stop trying to make destiny out of warframe.

Anyone who has played Raids on Warframe will tell you that they had bugs but no they were junk. If you don't like something because it has to be closed to everyone else? Yes arbitration I do them already but after I maxed out my mods what do with the endo? In 2015/2016 there were almost 1 quest every 3 months and the community was much more active than now. Why not come back like it used to. It takes very little to get the right incentive. There is no incentive today to do a long run in the endless, why not add unique rewards after tot minutes / hours so as to push the players to do the endless and not go out max after 30 minutes?

Edited by dw3t
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

every 2 years and they are like 30 times bigger and they lost 11 milion subscribers , yea very good example.

I mean modern blizzard is bleh, but they had good stuff man that kept me BUSY for that amount of time.

Just now, dw3t said:

Anyone who has played Raids on Warframe will tell you that they had bugs but no they were junk. If you don't like something because it has to be closed to everyone else? Yes arbitration I do them already but after I maxed out my mods what do I do with the end? In 2015/2016 there were almost 1 quest every 3 months and the community was much more active than now. Why not come back like it used to. It takes very little to get the right incentive. There is no incentive today to do a long run in the endless, why not add unique rewards after tot minutes / hours so as to push the players to do the endless and not go out max after 30 minutes?

I dont care if they were closed, i didnt care when they existed. DE made it clear why they removed them, they no longer had any will to work on them, the end. It will never be like it used to be because you have a lot more hours on the clock. The incentive will be lost after you get what you wanted, thats always how it is. 

2 minutes ago, Midas said:

I mean modern blizzard is bleh, but they had good stuff man that kept me BUSY for that amount of time.

Same as Warfame did? And you know what they have in common? They were fun 4000 hours ago. 

Just now, kuciol said:

Same as Warfame did? And you know what they have in common? They were fun 4000 hours ago. 

Meh, I say we give raids another try, drop like 3 of em at the same time. Future trials won't overshadow either because cosmetics/rewards in one of the trials could be a valuable drop for tenno instead of a different one. There is always that one raid that has the gear you need or cosmetic you want to sell/own.

2 minutes ago, kuciol said:

I dont care if they were closed, i didnt care when they existed. DE made it clear why they removed them, they no longer had any will to work on them, the end. It will never be like it used to be because you have a lot more hours on the clock. The incentive will be lost after you get what you wanted, thats always how it is. 

The same DE has said to begin this year that Raids will come back 🙂 so I think that maybe if you don't care in the end it doesn't mean that shouldn't be interested for others

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Midas said:

Meh, I say we give raids another try, drop like 3 of em at the same time. Future trials won't overshadow either because cosmetics/rewards in one of the trials could be a valuable drop for tenno instead of a different one. There is always that one raid that has the gear you need or cosmetic you want to sell/own.

And i will just skip them the same way and the problem is there are a lot more players like me then there are players like you. Players that are looking for this kind of content already play Destiny (some poor souls bought Anthem). Also once you get rewards from those raids you will also leave them, they would have to produce new one every 3 months but then where is time to make anything else? I has no way of working.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, kuciol said:

And i will just skip them the same way and the problem is there are a lot more players like me then there are players like you. Players that are looking for this kind of content already play Destiny (some poor souls bought Anthem). Also once you get rewards from those raids you will also leave them, they would have to produce new one every 3 months but then where is time to make anything else? I has no way of working.

We'll never know now that it is 2019 would we? I bet if we had a vote on if players wanted content like this explaining what it was i'd win. And my argument as stated before are those rewards are valuable and worth some platinum if you know what I mean. So basically, I do the team challenge content, get rewarded, then you buy it from me.

Edited by Midas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, Midas said:

We'll never know now that it is 2019 would we? I bet if we had a vote on if players wanted content like this explaining what it was i'd win. And my argument as state before as those rewards are valuable and worth some platinum if you know what I mean. So basically, I do the team challenge content, get rewarded, then you buy it from me.

Voting doesnt matter, what matters is reality and its clear as day that virtually nobody wanted to play raids even when they had op and expensive rewards. 

6 minutes ago, dw3t said:

The same DE has said to begin this year that Raids will come back 🙂 so I think that maybe if you don't care in the end it doesn't mean that shouldn't be interested for others

But what is important is how many those "others" there are.

What both of you fail to realize is that players to put it bluntly dont want to relay on somebody else. Even in games that in their core are team oriented like LoL or DoTA the most frequently asked question is "how to carry a game". Thats is the reason why Eidolons and Orbs are somehow relevant. Because you can "carry". If railjack will force teamplay in any way it will also be a flop in warframe. Warframe just doesnt attract the kind of players that look for such content, those players are already in FF and Destiny and those poor souls that bought Anthem. Thats just how it is and daydreaming will not change that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Voting doesnt matter, what matters is reality and its clear as day that virtually nobody wanted to play raids even when they had op and expensive rewards. 

But what is important is how many those "others" there are.

What both of you fail to realize is that players to put it bluntly dont want to relay on somebody else. Even in games that in their core are team oriented like LoL or DoTA the most frequently asked question is "how to carry a game". Thats is the reason why Eidolons and Orbs are somehow relevant. Because you can "carry". If railjack will force teamplay in any way it will also be a flop in warframe. Warframe just doesnt attract the kind of players that look for such content, those players are already in FF and Destiny and those poor souls that bought Anthem. Thats just how it is and daydreaming will not change that.

Warframe was born as a cooperative game. Neither I nor you can say what flop is, and I hope nothing is flop because flop = no money. DE needs profit and to grow and improve. So it makes no sense to hope for a flop of something.

• Haha 1

Just now, dw3t said:

Warframe was born as a cooperative game. Neither I nor you can say what flop is, and I hope nothing is flop because flop = no money. DE needs profit and to grow and improve. So it makes no sense to hope for a flop of something.

Nobody is hoping for a flop, I just see things as they are and try to not have expectations, ever. Yes warframe was born as cooperative game, but the nature of this cooperation is nowhere near the same as in mmorpg's. The truth is you get over gameplay in month or 2, then you play purely for rewards, once those run out you get bored. No matter what and when they will introduce the pattern will repeat. Always does, in every single game out there. There is no way around it because thats fighting human nature and complaining wont change it. 

7 hours ago, dw3t said:

How to date why one should do 4 hours of survival? There is no incentive for those who want to play longer to do so.

This.

This was butchered to the ground the moment they introduced the relic system, which no one asked for.

The old void keys would bring back a smile on my face because i would love to do long runs IN THE VOID (as the chances increase the more rotations u go trough)..But naaah..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, -HoB-KurtOn said:

This.

This was butchered to the ground the moment they introduced the relic system, which no one asked for.

The old void keys would bring back a smile on my face because i would love to do long runs IN THE VOID (as the chances increase the more rotations u go trough)..But naaah..

but even without relics it would be nice to make a survival and after a few minutes the amount of drop resources and probabilities increases, mod the rarest new enemies, something unique that can make it fun and useful to stay long in that mission

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, dw3t said:

but even without relics it would be nice to make a survival and after a few minutes the amount of drop resources and probabilities increases, mod the rarest new enemies, something unique that can make it fun and useful to stay long in that mission

Few days ago i did a 40min run on Mot with Baruuk, just to see how the warframe plays, but at the end, i was like: Uhmm, so what exactly did i get by doing this 40 minutes of survival?

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, -HoB-KurtOn said:

Few days ago i did a 40min run on Mot with Baruuk, just to see how the warframe plays, but at the end, i was like: Uhmm, so what exactly did i get by doing this 40 minutes of survival?

Exactly. Perfectly everyone's reaction. It becomes a personal challenge but that leads to nothing.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, dw3t said:

Absolutely this. Scaling rewards would be incredibly nice to have in the game since it would legitimately give me a real reason to go far into a mission.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kuciol said:

they no longer had any will to work on them

Clearly they barely have the will to work on Warframe at all if the content droughts are any indication.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kuciol said:

a lot more players like me then there are players like you

There's the problem, way too many players now that want everything in easy mode, big flashy moves with huge damage and want everything in a silver platter.

No longer do people want to EARN what they can get in games, they just want everything to be given.

• Haha 2

I watch twitch streamers sometimes, but I couldn't care less what they think about video games. Most of them are children who drop racist slurs or throw cats when they get frustrated.

But anyway, I'm not sure what you expect from the developer.  We get a lot of updates and content compared to most other mmo games.  Content takes time to develop, balance, and test. You make it sound like DE is doing us disservice by not releasing yearly expansions every two months.  It's kinda silly.  Maybe you should play a game that gets more updates like fortnite, whose studio is in a perpetual state of crunch.

7 hours ago, Ephemiel said:

I want to tell me the truth right now.

Do you REALLY think that a game that gets as much money as Warframe, the "biggest F2P game ever" [outside of Fortnite, obvs], is simply so lacking in dev time and resources that they can no longer make QUESTS FOR THEIR MAIN SELLING POINT? Or that their dev time is just so tight that we have to wait half a year or MORE for one single content update? You really want people to believe this when even some indie devs deliver content faster than DE?

Even for something as simply as a deluxe skin for Titania, they've taken OVER A YEAR!! A simple skin......and it has taken over a year to make. I just cannot believe a company like DE has so few resources and time that even a skin takes over a year to make for them.

When even the Warframe partners are starting to speak out and flatout leave, something NEEDS to be done and it seems like DE just doesn't seem to care.

Well yeah, I don't think resources matter that much (though they're giving away like 500k -/+ canadian dollars a year to charity, make of that what you will). It all comes down to dev time which is pretty much the main issue of this game, nobody can argue it and even they acknowledge it. You might say they don't organize their time better and thus leading to a lot of issues in development which can also be a thing. 

I'm sure they know of their issues, at least the big ones like the stuff you mentioned, but their mentality is always "we're working on it but it'll take time....trust us though, it'll be worth it". This has always been the case, from TWW, PoE, OV and everything in between, and it always ends up in a bust and not fixing anything, just a patch up 

Also you can't compare this game to any other. This game is huge by a lot of standards, it's an MMO which always tend to be huge, and they have like 250 devs or smt, time is a real issue here 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GinKenshin said:

Well yeah, I don't think resources matter that much (though they're giving away like 500k -/+ canadian dollars a year to charity, make of that what you will). It all comes down to dev time which is pretty much the main issue of this game, nobody can argue it and even they acknowledge it. You might say they don't organize their time better and thus leading to a lot of issues in development which can also be a thing. 

I'm sure they know of their issues, at least the big ones like the stuff you mentioned, but their mentality is always "we're working on it but it'll take time....trust us though, it'll be worth it". This has always been the case, from TWW, PoE, OV and everything in between, and it always ends up in a bust and not fixing anything, just a patch up 

Also you can't compare this game to any other. This game is huge by a lot of standards, it's an MMO which always tend to be huge, and they have like 250 devs or smt, time is a real issue here 

Time is the issue here, yet other developers with lesser known games, less resources and less employees are able to deliver more content, ON TIME, without falling behind.

DE however, teased both Railjack and New War LAST YEAR, said multiple times New War would come out before Tennocon this year and then proceeded to say they were behind just about a month before Tennocon 2019 and now we gotta wait till CHRISTMAS for it [that is a year and a half of wait for one of the two main story patches]. This is without including other stuff that has been clearly delayed like the Tatsu [which was REVENTANT'S signature weapon and it came out like 2 or 3 Warframes later] and Titania's deluxe skin [which was also confirmed in last year's Tennocon and somehow not finished]. Now to all that, we also have to add the fact they're working on Plains of Duviri, which is yet another task that will cause delays on everything else because they either don't have the manpower for all this or don't have the resources for whatever reason.

Let's also not forget that the QA in DE seems to barely exist, with their patches almost always having huge bugs and problems, even when they delay them a bit. Idk whether it's incompetence or whether they legitimately do not have the resources somehow or they simply don't care and just take their time, but something NEEDS to change. Partners are slowly leaving, vets are slowly leaving and nothing is being done other than throw tiny little missions like Nightwave, cosmetics and just random dumb additions to the ship like the roombas [which of course would make them money when some Partners feel the need to buy dozens for meme videos].

Something has to be done, they need to start picking up the pace and not make people wait so long for the actual content.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, dw3t said:

Excuse me and 5 warframe and 20 weapons are game content? Gas City rework has only brought Disruption as a new mode and let me understand after you've done all the hexenons for weapons and Wisp what's the use of playing it? Yes Fortuna but 8 months have passed since Fortuna. If then 20 weapons consider them content of game where to craft (12 hours) and then 2 minutes to level at 30 in the sanctuary, well I don't discuss.

See this statement here? You play because you're chasing for rewards, or what people say as "loot-whore" mentality. You only do something because there's a reward behind it, not because you want to play it

If DE one day, release a content that is impossible to do solo even with full forma and meta weapons with rivens, needs a lot of heavy and extensive communication with your teammates and require perfect execution but no rewards whatsoever, will you play it?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Well the replay value is would need to make it fully sustainable, the reward is what incentives the players to do said content.

And what is the thing that can be considered as replay value? So far I haven't seen any other than a set of gears with abysmal drop chance just to make you go back again and again to get this one piece of gear you haven't gotten your hand on

11 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Oh for sure, it definitely does sound like other game modes without a doubt. The way it would be different from the rest though is that it would need to be unique enough and fresh for players from everything else so that players aren’t burnt out of it with it being unique every time you do it. Easier to be said than done though.

Unique enough and fresh for players? Sorties have different enemy and conditions everyday, arbitration has different enemies and buff on each mission so what kind of "unique enough and fresh for players from everything else" do you want from it?

13 hours ago, dw3t said:

Is Gauss coming next week, but is Gauss really a content? No. You make it then you bring it to 30, form it, form again, end. This is done in 30 minutes without problems and then?

How on earth is Gauss not content? It's a new way to play, a new gameplay flow. Seriously, I was on break for a bit, picked Gara and the Falcor back up, and the game felt fresh again. A new frame is absolutely new content. 

Also, if you grind out 3 x 30 ranks in 30 minutes, you are grinding for the sake of grinding, and you are your own problem. Take some time to enjoy the frame instead of squatting on Hydron for thirty minutes.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2