Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Avail/Login Failed

(XBOX)Tucker D Dawg

Hey guys, I'm currently investigating this issue for those of you still encountering it.

This may turn out to be a dead end but currently our best lead is that it's somehow related to your ISP, as the vast majority of you seem to be in the NY/PA area and customers of a company called Optimum Online. Yesterday I made contact with an engineer at Optimum Online and they asked me to find out whether you are using their proprietary router or one that you purchased separately? And if it's their proprietary wireless router, whether opening or forwarding ports though their "Managed Router" web page at https://router.optimum.net can help? (Warframe uses UDP ports 4950 and 4955 & the TCP port range 6695-6699).

Thanks

On 2019-08-26 at 2:36 PM, [DE]Megan said:

We're investigating this issue on our end and have a small request for those that are experiencing this:

Can you please relay if you have the most current Warframe build by:

1. Highlight Warframe on the Xbox One dashboard
  2. Hit the MENU button
  3. Select Manage game & add-ons
  4. Replying in this thread with what 'Version' it states you have (it should be 3.29.0.0)

Also, if you can get past the Warframe Launcher, what Build number is displayed in the bottom left.

Thanks!

I have version 3.29.0.0 but I can’t get in the game have been trying for hours now all it says is Login failed. Check your info.

Still getting "login failed. Check your info", INSULT TO INJURY, can't fill a ticket on support page and wasted $250.00 USD on new router and about 10 / 12 hours on phone w/ ISP, Microsoft, Netgear. No response w/ any damn solution. I will never spend a dime on this game until they have a real customer support and get rid of this f***ING 2 step authentication crap that started the problem, for me, this is on par w/ what EA did to mass effect. Jeez.  3.29.0.0  /   2019.08.14.09.38

Edited by (XB1)HyDra v NuK3Zz

On ‎2019‎-‎08‎-‎28 at 9:47 AM, [DE]Jim said:

Hey guys, I'm currently investigating this issue for those of you still encountering it.

This may turn out to be a dead end but currently our best lead is that it's somehow related to your ISP, as the vast majority of you seem to be in the NY/PA area and customers of a company called Optimum Online. Yesterday I made contact with an engineer at Optimum Online and they asked me to find out whether you are using their proprietary router or one that you purchased separately? And if it's their proprietary wireless router, whether opening or forwarding ports though their "Managed Router" web page at https://router.optimum.net can help? (Warframe uses UDP ports 4950 and 4955 & the TCP port range 6695-6699).

Thanks

FWIW: I am on "Optimum" Online - but am not using their proprietary router.

In general, for years Warframe works fine.

Then for a few days it starts acting up.  It usually starts with an error message when I'm already in the game saying an update is available when I try to load navigation.  As I keep close track of these forums (and also know y'all don't do updates at 11pm EST, or over the weekends, and without red text) I generally know its acting up again.  Sure enough, logging out (as that is the only option since the game thinks I'm on the wrong version) results in being unable to log back in.  Sometimes lasts for a few hours, sometimes days.  Happens concurrently to others in the greater NY area (i'm in CT).  Once it resolves itself  its generally fine again for a week to  a month.

It really behaves like I suddenly get connected to an out of date server and since I'm on a newer version than it, there is no update to download - especially given 

a) when logged in, it decides out of the blue my version is incorrect

b) the "check your credentials" message can appear if my WF is actually out of date (which it has been a few times when I logged in at the exact time of a real red text event)

While I could manually forward those ports to my xbox, we have multiple Xboxes in the house and that would cause issues for the others.  Futhermore, since it generally works fine for months on end with no change on my part, it seems unlikely this is the issue. (If its a general issue with Optimum its likely happening further upstream than here.)  The fact that every time I have the issue, I can come to the forums and at the exact same time others are generally reporting the same issue or will respond to my post stating "same" would also suggest its not localized to the user.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

I haven't been able to login for a week now.  I'm missing out on so much and it's really annoying.  At the very least I was able to log in for a little bit to see what baro ki teer had and I was able to get in for 5 minutes before it told me I needed an update.  I'm getting really sick of this now.  At this point it doesn't even matter.  School starts for me in two days and Borderlands 3 comes out in a week so I won't be playing Warframe too much for a while.  I would have liked to play the game as much as I could before Borderlands 3 came out that way I wouldn't fall too far behind.  But that's not happening so I would, at the very least, like to get it fixed so that when I come back to Warframe after a month away from it I can actually get in.  I am in Northeast (NJ) aswell.  So it looks like an issue for this area of the country.  There has to be a way to fix it.

3 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

If any of you are having an issue logging into the Xbox Warframe account, but are able to play Warframe on PC on the same internet connection, please send me a forum message.

Thanks in advance for your help!

The next time i experience the issue i will test this. If I can remember my PC pwd lol - havent used it since december.

My Warframe is working right now but I'm not sure if it's permanent.  I had this issue a couple weeks ago and I eventually thought it was resolved because it was letting me on consistently.  But then the next update came out and the issue started again.  So I'm just letting everyone know that if it is working for you, it might be ok for now but by next update you might have issues again.

I been waiting 2 weeks and yet I still can't login. I'm just gonna switch to code vein and borderlands 3 when it comes out. I can't believe invested my money in this damn game buying plt. Sad to see destiny of all games is doing better the warframe right now.  

Edited by (XB1)xxkiddxxx

2 hours ago, (XB1)xxkiddxxx said:

I been waiting 2 weeks and yet I still can't login. I'm just gonna switch to code vein and borderlands 3 when it comes out. I can't believe invested my money in this damn game buying plt. Sad to see destiny of all games is doing better the warframe right now.  

Yeah at this point I'm just looking towards borderlands 3. It's working now but it might give me the error message again eventually.  I want this to get fixed because I don't want to come back to the game after playing Borderlands 3 for a month and it is still giving me issues.  But it it's not fixed before next Friday then I don't really care about it anymore until I'm ready to come back to the game.

just got back from a pause cause i have some friends playing, faced a "login failed, check your info" popup even tho the info are correct, i can login on site normally, but not the game, i changed password, restart the router, reinstalled the game 4 times, and nothing, i could only manage to login using a vpn, but with strict NAT its a no from me, if I turn off the  vpn in game, i insta loose connection, is that a RIP?

Le 05/09/2019 à 23:14, dynamitxd a dit :

just got back from a pause cause i have some friends playing, faced a "login failed, check your info" popup even tho the info are correct, i can login on site normally, but not the game, i changed password, restart the router, reinstalled the game 4 times, and nothing, i could only manage to login using a vpn, but with strict NAT its a no from me, if I turn off the  vpn in game, i insta loose connection, is that a RIP?

i'm having the same problem and it happened to me this morning. it's so damn frustrating

17 hours ago, bobtenno said:

i'm having the same problem and it happened to me this morning. it's so damn frustrating

It hasn't happened to me in the last couple of days.  I don't think it's working permanently though.  I think by next update I will have an issue again since that's what happened to me last time.  Unless there already was an update recently.  If so then mine might be fixed.  It's very frustrating when you have to miss out on a bunch of things in warframe because DE can't get their crap together.  It especially sucks when whatever you're missing is limited time.  When this started to happen again over a week ago I was afraid that I was going to miss baro ki teer. Luckily I was able to get on for a little bit to see what he had.  But of course I failed to get on everytime after that.  Mine seems good for now so I wish everyone good luck on getting theirs fixed also!

Edited by (XB1)ZOMBIExSLAYA129

DE, i have not been able to log in to my account since Friday, this is very upsetting. I have spent a lot of my money on your game in order to support you. I also have around 3000 hours invested. Please solve this problem fast, i am missing out on log ins and i know you are not going to give them back to me.