Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The state of warframes community/playerbase

LightNBright

1 minute ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

This game needs another star chart within the star chart...much like how Lua and Earth function...Earth is easy peasy with the same enemy units so one side of the community can be happy with "The known factor.",....while Lua has the Sentients who say shoot me like the Joker to Batman...the problem was De mixed the two eventually watering down Lua so the Sentients were now actually easy to kill... BUT...

De really needs to stop with that and fill that one side of the star chart with the monsters who force team work and player really need to use their powers to survive while retaining the other part so new players can work up to it..and the fashion frame don't change anything portion of the community can stay there happily...

YET DE needs to be firm and say THIS IS THE LINE..YOU CROSS IT AT YOUR OWN PERIL AND NO WE'RE NOT NERFING IT FOR YOUR EGO....

Yes please. And I hope they add a new System full of hardcore Sentients waiting for us. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

This game needs another star chart within the star chart...much like how Lua and Earth function...Earth is easy peasy with the same enemy units so one side of the community can be happy with "The known factor.",....while Lua has the Sentients who say shoot me like the Joker to Batman...the problem was De mixed the two eventually watering down Lua so the Sentients were now actually easy to kill... BUT...

De really needs to stop with that and fill that one side of the star chart with the monsters who force team work and player really need to use their powers to survive while retaining the other part so new players can work up to it..and the fashion frame don't change anything portion of the community can stay there happily...

YET DE needs to be firm and say THIS IS THE LINE..YOU CROSS IT AT YOUR OWN PERIL AND NO WE'RE NOT NERFING IT FOR YOUR EGO....

I agree we need challenge but a new star chart probably isn't the best idea because it would just make the chance if finding a group less likely. But i think adding a small addition to each area for endgame players or just making the sentients the endgame enemy faction with unique and complex mechanics would be nice. But the game is for the players. If 25% of us want challenge but 75% want to press 4 for example it would be foolish to change the game in our favor. I just want to see where the community stands and hopefully de can do what's best for the majority and maybe throw us some bones. If not they could at least let us know that we should move on and find differrnt games instead of acting like they are going to add endgame. Which is why the thread exist to see if the player base wants endgame in the first place.

The "casuals" that cry every time something is too hard should be ignored, veterans are in desperate need of challenging rewarding content, content that requires skill and requires you to know how to play the game well. Making things easier for casuals only hurts the game. Casuals dont really take the game seriously anyways, i'll bet if DE were on the brink of bankruptcy again these "Casuals" wouldn't care at all and the veterans would be the ones who would feel thd worst

7 minutes ago, TheBlackishBoy said:

Thanks for your input. I think it's important that we get your sides opinion as well because a lot of the players think like you. If the majority of the player based rather not have any challenge then maybe warframe isnt for the other players. It would be nice if warframe devs would just tell us that if it's the case rather then holding a promise just out of our grasp and never delivering. But this is good because if this is what the players want then de is doing great.

yes. that's how this community has turned into. They just play the game for the sole reason of looking good and doin' mediocre things. Vets like us who are into challenging stuff are not the main focus of the game because its the 1% (or less) of the player population that's actually interested in that sort of thing. Thats why raids doesnt exist anymore, that's why Fortuna mobs are nerfed to the ground, thats why its sooooo easy to kill Wolf because any semblance of 'challenge' is bad for the game. 

that's why most of them tells us older players to fck off and leave the game. for fck's sake the most meaningful reward for Nightwaves is an operator skin

Just now, sleepychewbacca said:

actually found OP quite constructive

The OP is, its everything else that follows that is exhausting.

No matter how constructive the thread may start it always goes to -clem- faster than a max speed Volt.

1 minute ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

The "casuals" that cry every time something is too hard should be ignored, veterans are in desperate need of challenging rewarding content, content that requires skill and requires you to know how to play the game well. Making things easier for casuals only hurts the game. Casuals dont really take the game seriously anyways, i'll bet if DE were on the brink of bankruptcy again these "Casuals" wouldn't care at all and the veterans would be the ones who would feel thd worst

that's not gonna happen. Tennogen still sells and the fashionframe/bitesize community are gobbling it all the time. 

we should act like how the casuals do, do not take the game seriously. 

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

The OP is, its everything else that follows that is exhausting.

No matter how constructive the thread may start it always goes to -clem- faster than a max speed Volt.

You'd be surprised. 

For the first time I'm actually impressed that there is actual conversation. 

Just now, BeeWhyOhBee said:

that's not gonna happen. Tennogen still sells and the fashionframe/bitesize community are gobbling it all the time. 

we should act like how the casuals do, do not take the game seriously. 

I am a very passionate player, telling me not to care is just insulting

7 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

And they should ruin the game for YOUR ego? Please... Enjoy the game as is or go away!

Nope...Ruin the game...? You practically keep your watered down drek while the player who hate it leave for another part of the map....I just saved you...

But whatever enjoy the criticism and everyone telling you the game is garbage and needs to be changed... and guess what... that's gonna be all day... all night... 24-7... 365 days and 12 months  ...that's what forums are for...since year 1...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

2 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

This game needs another star chart within the star chart

I'd personally love to see the Tau system as another starchart that we can access. It can become a viable place to put "endgame" content.

As for the rest of the thread, nukers can trivialize certain maps, but tbh, they're a necessity because of how enemies scale. A lot of enemies can't be brute forced with abilities or raw weapon damage, and not because they have 1010 HP and Armor, but because they have "weak points", like Nox, who is a very good example. Nullifiers can be annoying to deal with depending on your loadout, BUT they pop very easily, making the balanced.

Enough digressing. Basically, more "mechanics" based enemies, less "Bombards". That's how you can add difficulty in a game like Warframe. Hell, CC frames could see a resurgence.

1 minute ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

I am a very passionate player, telling me not to care is just insulting

good for you. by the time you get to that point of the game where you have nothing further to do.. and DE decides to put out more skins and more mundane stuff like that shawzin and ignoring how most of the game's older content is bugged or almost dead or 'why are we still getting endo in everything' .. you will be utterly dissatisfied 

or unless you're really into doin the same thing over and over and over again with little to no payoff other than skins and no point of minmaxing your weapons/frames than those 14-30 minute hardcore survival runs.. then you're doin fine. enjoy the game 

Just now, BeeWhyOhBee said:

good for you. by the time you get to that point of the game where you have nothing further to do.. and DE decides to put out more skins and more mundane stuff like that shawzin and ignoring how most of the game's older content is bugged or almost dead or 'why are we still getting endo in everything' .. you will be utterly dissatisfied 

or unless you're really into doin the same thing over and over and over again with little to no payoff other than skins and no point of minmaxing your weapons/frames than those 14-30 minute hardcore survival runs.. then you're doin fine. enjoy the game 

I'm mr 27 with 8,000+ hours played, i'm well aware that people can get burned out and have almost been there myself, but i refuse to stop playing because, for better or worse, i've just become too attached to this game to not care

35 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

Vets did help to create the game in the first place and we've helped them to improve the game a lot so far so we ofc live the game after all the time and want it to improve for the better but maybe that means it should just stick to providing entertainment for the bite sized community. Honestly they make plenty of money fron those large updates and they dont have to pay many people maybe for the majority of the player base they are doing what's best for them and i can't get mad about that even if it feels kinda unfair. But i do think they should let us know where the game is going so we at least don't have to hope for something that wont ever happen.

40 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

You'd be surprised. 

For the first time I'm actually impressed that there is actual conversation. 

I hope it stays thid way. I didn't want to make a thread to shame people, or to make the game i want it to be. I just wanted to get an idea of what the player base actually wants. A lot of players blame DE for no endgame but maybe it's just because adding endgame won't get them more players or more playtime from most of the community. They are a company they are supposed to do what the players want right? If almost all the players want it to be casual then i can't get mad at them for doing what the people want. I hope that the player base could also find a compromise so that both sides can have a part in the game but idk if that's realistic so at least some respectful opinions on what people want can help the players and DE to see where the game should or is going at the least.

52 minutes ago, BeeWhyOhBee said:

yes. that's how this community has turned into. They just play the game for the sole reason of looking good and doin' mediocre things. Vets like us who are into challenging stuff are not the main focus of the game because its the 1% (or less) of the player population that's actually interested in that sort of thing. Thats why raids doesnt exist anymore, that's why Fortuna mobs are nerfed to the ground, thats why its sooooo easy to kill Wolf because any semblance of 'challenge' is bad for the game. 

that's why most of them tells us older players to fck off and leave the game. for fck's sake the most meaningful reward for Nightwaves is an operator skin

Thanks for your opinion but please calm down....i get you care and see that things could change for the better but i really want to keep the thread civil and chill. We've screamed at DE before anyway and usually it doesn't do anything we just have to wait and hope for the best or move on ig.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

I'm mr 27 with 8,000+ hours played, i'm well aware that people can get burned out and have almost been there myself, but i refuse to stop playing because, for better or worse, i've just become too attached to this game to not care

Yea not only that but we also experienced the game when it was different. At some points the endgame and challenge were a lot higher then they are now and though i think overall the game is in a better place they should've improved some things instead of changing them all together or they should've adjusted other things with the system instead of leaving them behind. Enemies were a lot harder before parkour 2.0 but now that we can move so quickly the enemies are super easy and they never updated their ai or gave them mechanics to combat our movement in any real way. But we don't want the game to die we can still offer advice but honestly we can't do much but voice our opinions and hope de listens.

Sure it's sometimes way too easy for all the veterans who wasted hundreds of hours in this game, but it's hella work to grind your way up there. And people like me for example (Who work, enjoy other games more or do other stuff in general) don't wanna put themselves through that annoying grinding because it's just not worth the time. So the idea of making things easier (for lower levels) would actually be pretty good, instead of making things more difficult. 

Edit: 8000h+ is pretty sad btw

Edited by (NSW)Zesshi_Zetsumei

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Zesshi_Zetsumei said:

Sure it's sometimes way too easy for all the veterans who wasted hundreds of hours in this game, but it's hella work to grind your way up there. And people like me for example (Who work, enjoy other games more or do other stuff in general) don't wanna put themselves through that annoying grinding because it's just not worth the time. So the idea of making things easier (for lower levels) would actually be pretty good, instead of making things more difficult. 

Edit: 8000h+ is pretty sad btw

Please don't insult other people that's not nice plus this game has been around for years. But i see your perspective grinding wouldn't be harder though it would make gameplay more difficult after a certain level and mostly just more engaging.

I don't have troubles with difficult missions if the reward reflects the difficulty. The problem is, most mission doesn't give us the feel of rewarding gameplay in anyway to warrant more difficulty increase. I have to grind 1 mission for a thousand time just to get something worthwhile. Which also gave me the impression of why some people don't want the game harder than it is. Harder contents with the current drop table = more time consuming and stressful just to farm something, and as for worker class human being (just like me), time and mental health are far more valuable than anything. The time and stamina I use to grind is the time and stamina I don't use on the contents I want.

There will be players who give me a reason like "You can just buy everything with plat". Well, yes, I can buy-pass it. (not mistyped, if you get the pun) But that also means contents create with hearts of DE developers will go down to the drain.

Edited by Lunarez

3 hours ago, TheBlackishBoy said:

Is difficulty impossible in warframe?

Well... yes.... 

So long as your Load Out Matters more than your skill then Your never going to experience difficulty in Warframe.... only imbalance....

It's obvious that DE doesn't add hard content for vets because new people or just more casual players will complain that they can't participate.

In accordance with what I've written above.... you can see why people are complaining....

You make an event the Gear locks People out of participating and there fore locks them out of getting rewards....

pretty straight forward if you ask me....

I made a really big and kinda unorganized thread about changes to core problems lots of vets want to change in the game. Most of the changes were about more difficulty, better enemy scaling, and enemies with more complex mechanics replacing things like eximus units to make the game more challenging and rewarding. The thread didn't get much attention but that's not really what worried me, what did worry me was that someone who replied to the forum said something like "i don't want challenge in the game that's not what i play for". This brings up a good question and even kinda relates to a video mogamu made about a devstream.

Is difficulty impossible in warframe? Every time the devs add difficulty people complain about how things are too hard and they have to make things weaker. I'm not talking about downright broken things like armor, but just things like enemies being "too hard" to the point they have to nerf them. People create threads on how to add difficulty and people say the game is fine how it is and doesn't need harder stuff most of the time. It's obvious that DE doesn't add hard content for vets because new people or just more casual players will complain that they can't participate. It happened with old events that were hard people would scream in the forums to nerf them.

These days in warframe we have tons of power and seem to get stronger every mainline update, the enemies tend to stay about the same though and when people ask for more challenge they get shushed by the players. On the devstream on of the devs said he wanted rewards to be more intrinsic, like that feeling you get when you beat a boss in dark souls for example, but is that possible in warframe when the players seem to hate the thought of any ounce of a challenge. Do you want challenge in the game? Do you think they should just keep the game as casual as possible with everyone being able to access 90% of the content. (There are mastery locks for some things but power leveling weapons is common and easy you can get a high mastery in a couple weeks). I think it would be interesting to hear the communities feelings on the topic and if the main player base is against difficulty then ig the vets can just give up on endgame because ultimately they have to keep the majority happy.

Okay let me give you a quick and dirty answer to why everyone is against your Suggestions....

You're not concerned with making the game more fun.... only with making it more difficult. Im willing to bet you're one of those  people who thinks Nullifiers, Energy Leeches and Arbitration Drones are  a necessary evil...

We could debate all day whether these things make warframe more challenging but I know for a fact they piss off alot of players to the point of insanity.... 

If any of your suggestions if adding more challenge to the game even remotely seems like its going to make some weapons or warframes less useful them you are going to get resistence from "Casual players"....

I don't believe those players are against challenge..... not even the ones who specifically say so.... its just that whenever it comes up its not actually about Challenge. Its just content that kills diversity....

The most recent offender being The Ropalolyst Boss....

If you actually payed attention to people complaints about "Challenging content" two of which were made by me.... you would see what it is really wrong with DE's approach to challenge. 

Its just not fun....

Edited by Lutesque

Totally agreeing on certain mechanics said to be challenging when they are just not fun, let's add this:

Warframe is 6 years old and any peons can jump on the cookie-cutter train (lead by the YouTubers) on how to play their warframe and in which context.

It ruins the imagination and personal time one has to put himself into enjoying answering what questions the game asks. Any long term theory crafting oriented game is going to have its player base imagination broken over time because of this. Which leads to an ABSOLUTE misunderstanding on how to approach the game (any game) and subsequently to incomprehension and deception when what appears to be a simple answer to a hard question does not work.