Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perma banned on Twitch

_SirButtFace_

so a few weeks ago, in a stream, i think it was PrimeTime, they started talking about k-pop.

So as a stupid joke i said k-pop is gay and got instantly perma banned from chat.

i mean wtf that wasnt even meant as in insult (btw no idea, how it would be such). just referred what those trolls on the internet say about k-pop.

if someone felt insulted, im sorry but cmon that was just a dumb saying, pls unban

Like me and my friends always make a bunch of racist jokes about our own ethnicity but you do not see me going around publicly saying them then right after "Its just a joke so its fine!".

If it is a joke you know will more than likely get you banned do not risk it. I am really careful with how I type in online rpg games for this reason. Why risk my account I have spent time and money on for a 2 second joke? or to rage at someone? Play smart not dumb is a rule of thumb to live by.

• Like 3

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Ahniar:

A common case of "speak first, think later" gone wrong... they are strict with the rules for a reason. 

Also, here you wont get any help (we can't do a thing) try the twitch support. 

Cheers

what do you mean by twitch support? i dont think twitch support itself handles bans of different channels

1 minute ago, BoogymanV2.1 said:

what do you mean by twitch support? i dont think twitch support itself handles bans of different channels

They can set you up a dialog with the ones responsable for the channel you were banned from... At least that's how it used to work, long time ago tough, that might have changed. 

Not sure if there are any outer ways. 

Gerade eben schrieb Ahniar:

They can set you up a dialog with the ones responsable for the channel you were banned from... At least that's how it used to work, long time ago tough, that might have changed. 

Not sure if there are any outer ways. 

oh ok, i might try

You can try submitting a support ticket, but using derogatory language is a real quick way to get nuked in the in game chat or the twitch chat. Here too, although we're a bit more tolerant on the forums over users' use of the word gay when it's used as intended (and not as a pejorative/insult/slur) as opposed to the chat where its use will trigger the moderation bot.