Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for the Foundry, and to help player loyalty

KieSeyHow

I would like to suggest that Foundry wait times be reduced by two hours only for items that fall on 24, to 72 hours.  Don't touch the 8, and 12 hour waits times, BUT reduce the multiples of 24 hours by two hours.  WHY?  Because many people, you known players WITH MONEY, have JOBS!  They need to play during a small window of time each day, after work, or studies.  So, allow a grace period of two hours for foundry building to help them keep their limited schedules!

Yes, I would really like it if forma had a build time of 23 hours. I log in after reset (in the evening) and would love to cook a fresh forma every day, but because it's 24 hours it gets pushed further and further every day.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, sinnae said:

Yes, I would really like it if forma had a build time of 23 hours. I log in after reset (in the evening) and would love to cook a fresh forma every day, but because it's 24 hours it gets pushed further and further every day.

This is exactly what I mean!  Even one hour would make the difference.  But for Forma I use the mobile app.  What I really mean is for new items like weapons and warframes.  You want to TRY THEM, not have to wait an entire EXTRA day because of limited play-time restraints!

Edited by KieSeyHow
thought of extra point.

There is a mechanic that sidesteps that that people with "MONEY" can use, it's called Rush and you exchange platinum for instant build time.

Honestly tho what I would really like to see as far as Foundry QoL is to have any item that is under 12hrs be stackable in a queue of up to 12hrs. That seriously increases the convenience of the game as well as allowing DE to retain the desired effect of getting people to log in every day since people couldn't just queue 12 Forma and "whelp see you in two weeks Warframe". I know I'd love to be able to stack a few hundred Ciphers, go play the game and when I got back have a big oll stack of Ciphers instead of inefficiently crafting them a batch of 10 at a time either in betwen missions or while I stare glassy eyed at either Region or Trade chat, with the other Eye on Twitch, Crunchyroll or youtube. 

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Honestly tho what I would really like to see as far as Foundry QoL is to have any item that is under 12hrs be stackable in a queue of up to 12hrs. ..... I know I'd love to be able to stack a few hundred Ciphers, go play the game and when I got back have a big oll stack of Ciphers instead of inefficiently crafting...

YES, that is a great idea!  I have often thought of this myself.  There is no reason an advanced AI like Ordis could not queue events like ANY basic computer can.

LoL....  Foundry build times are suppose to be annoying...

They are literally designed to have teeny bits of frustration to them....

The idea is to frustrate you enough to consider paying but not so much that you consider quitting. 

Basically any and all suggestions/improvements/feedback about foundry craft times are pretty much Automatically ignored. Complaining about it just proves its working as DE intended. They definitely don't expect anyone to like it.... why would they ? If people did then they wouldn't pay...

19 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

LoL....  Foundry build times are suppose to be annoying...

They are literally designed to have teeny bits of frustration to them....

The idea is to frustrate you enough to consider paying but not so much that you consider quitting. 

Basically any and all suggestions/improvements/feedback about foundry craft times are pretty much Automatically ignored. Complaining about it just proves its working as DE intended. They definitely don't expect anyone to like it.... why would they ? If people did then they wouldn't pay...

I don't know why anyone would pay for Foundry rushing anyway. I'd understand if you had a terminal illness and was gonna die in the year, but due to the content "drought" you'd have everything you need crafted before something new comes out anyway.

• Like 1

Il y a 4 heures, Goodwill a dit :

I don't know why anyone would pay for Foundry rushing anyway.

Well, for example, I had to rush the relay strut components for the rebuilding of Strata, because I came late to the event and it was about to end ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (seriously, 12 hours and 5 components? - _-)

5 hours ago, Oreades said:

There is a mechanic that sidesteps that that people with "MONEY" can use, it's called Rush and you exchange platinum for instant build time.

Honestly tho what I would really like to see as far as Foundry QoL is to have any item that is under 12hrs be stackable in a queue of up to 12hrs. That seriously increases the convenience of the game as well as allowing DE to retain the desired effect of getting people to log in every day since people couldn't just queue 12 Forma and "whelp see you in two weeks Warframe". I know I'd love to be able to stack a few hundred Ciphers, go play the game and when I got back have a big oll stack of Ciphers instead of inefficiently crafting them a batch of 10 at a time either in betwen missions or while I stare glassy eyed at either Region or Trade chat, with the other Eye on Twitch, Crunchyroll or youtube. 

This.  And I don't even see a reason not to allow forma to be stacked.  Put a limit of 3 or something so that people can't stack 30 and not log in for a month.  Hell, stacking 2 would be s much more convenient... Same with ciphers, those orphid things, and minerals/gems.  I'd pay 1mil cred for a 20 cipher bp, but would rather just be allowed to queue item builds

Lol, keeping us waiting and wanting is good business so no chance of that. If anything, my foundry change of choice would be to stack stuff that takes under 5 minutes because I usually need lots of them and can't even duck off for a quick game between build times. Sometimes I'm forging so much stuff simultaneously at only 1-2 minutes each that I'm stuck sat here for ages clicking build and claim faster than the UI can handle while trying not to go cross-eyed.

• Like 1

People seem to be missing the point. This isn't about making Foundry times shorter per se, but allowing players to set items crafting at the same time each day, rather than have recurring builds slowly ratchet their start time forward due to the gap between one build ending and another starting.

I'd say a two hour reduction would be a bit much, but 1/2 an hour would be enough to fulfil this.

Or maybe just reduce the rush cost to 0 plat when the build is minutes from completion.

I agree with the logic of the Initial post, and with a short reduction in the time of builds of 24 hours or longer. Those with limited time to play each day likely have other real life obligations that limit the window they have to play to static times, and the reduction should allow them to start their build during a short session at the same time everyday instead of forcing them to choose between time managing a video game clicking task or tending their real life. This is exactly the reason Nightwave replaced Alerts, and the logic still holds up in relation to foundry times. I'd put the reduction at a flat hour, for the sake of simplicity and ease of application.

As to those defending it as 'good business' to deliberately inconvenience your customers when you can unequivocally improve the game experience with a trivial change - shame on you. It's exactly that attitude that has twisted free-to-play into the largely sickened cash-gobbling concept it currently presents us with and exactly the thing DE is choosing not to embrace, and still making a decent balance sheet out of it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KieSeyHow said:

I would like to suggest that Foundry wait times be reduced by two hours only for items that fall on 24, to 72 hours.  Don't touch the 8, and 12 hour waits times, BUT reduce the multiples of 24 hours by two hours.  WHY?  Because many people, you known players WITH MONEY, have JOBS!  They need to play during a small window of time each day, after work, or studies.  So, allow a grace period of two hours for foundry building to help them keep their limited schedules!

Do you realize that this game have been out since 2012, right? Sad to say this but the entirety of the game have been changed to cater the new players. If DE lost player loyalty, it would've happened a long time ago and we wouldn't be here in this forum.

11 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s free to play game dude. There’s going to be time gates

Totally agree. Why would any one in their right mind develop a game that has no revenue? The gaming industry is not a charity case, believe it or not. They make games to make money. Others have no shame *cough*ea*Activision*cough* in taking your money.

To the OP:

DE offers the game for FREE for you to try out. If you don't like it, then feel free not to play the game again. But if you like it that you see yourself playing the game everyday for years, then you have the OPTION to support them. All they're asking in return is the current wait time for foundry items that you got for free. They have been that way since day one and they will be that way until the game dies. Don't care if you're asking 30 mins off, I wouldn't have it the other way.

If you don't like to wait and don't wanna pay the plat to rush your items, then you need to find another game because WF is not for you. I hear Anthem is the "closest" thing to WF rn. Go try paying money for that just to see wether you like it or not.

An easy fix to this problem download the warframe app from play store. You can check extractors and foundry with ease as long as you have parts and bp your fine just click on it. Ive been building all kinds of things. This helps with your 1 2 3 4 hour time restraints.

15 hours ago, KieSeyHow said:

You mean the players who are most likely to be able to afford plat, to rush items? 

I am not saying to lower the mechanic that encourages people to put money into the game, I have done so myself.  I am just saying to not have the game mechanics piss off the players most likely to have money in the first place.  People with jobs and money have FAR LESS PATIENCE for annoying UI issues, because they can easily buy another game to play that does not annoy them.  How is frustrating them good for business?

In fact, lower the times on items that are a day or more, just by even one hour, or even 30 minutes!

21 hours ago, KieSeyHow said:

I think i saw people asking for all non prime items or special items ,like wraith prisma etc, to have a lot lower build times. A lot of new players leave purely because the time gates, i almost did years ago because it can be frustrating at times. I think having some lower build times for weapons based on how good they are or mastery rank would be an interesting idea. Oooh or even better make mastery rank cool, give players a buff to build time the higher their mastery rank. Also set mastery rank build times like for anything for noobs the low leve/mastery itemsjust make them significantly faster to craft. Honestly a lot of new people leave because they think the game is p2w because blueprints aren't immediately seen so it looks like you have to buy plator because the time gates. Its really annoying having almost everything behind a time gate if they want to improve new player experience i think that would help a ton.

or give us a way to build in bulk, they're not going to allow us to stack multiples for obvious reasons (plat). 

I get fed up with the '1 minute builds' and would just like to be able to say build as many as you can in those cases.  I'd like a way to build 3x forma etc too, obviously with 3x the duration and cost.

I honestly don't mind the durations on warframes and weapons if they're straight up from the market type of thing...the dojo research can be a bit annoying when you can only research one item and in some cases you need to do them in a set order because this is literally is nothing more than time gating... even more so when they require an unnecessary (we have no end we don't use..) new resource too....

55 minutes ago, KieSeyHow said:

I am not saying to lower the mechanic that encourages people to put money into the game, I have done so myself.  I am just saying to not have the game mechanics piss off the players most likely to have money in the first place.  People with jobs and money have FAR LESS PATIENCE for annoying UI issues, because they can easily buy another game to play that does not annoy them.  How is frustrating them good for business?

In fact, lower the times on items that are a day or more, just by even one hour, or even 30 minutes!

The fact that they have less patience and more money explains why there is an option to rush for plat. 

Time is money, Tenno. The only question is, "what's your conversion ratio?" 

I literally watched someone spend hundreds of dollars on pokemon go, just to save themselves a bit of time, the fact that the person sucked at the game, started trying to use spoofing etc shortly after, and stopped playing a couple of months later because they'd found a new obsession should tell you how much more the person valued their time than the money they spent. 

If you aren't able to grasp why time gating is an aspect of so many f2p games, then I am curious how someone with a job can't figure out what the business model is?