Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KieSeyHow

Suggestion for the Foundry, and to help player loyalty

Of course I can grasp it, that was not my point.  Merely not to annoy loyal players.  What I cannot grasp is console gamers...why?  Get a real computer ... lol

21 hours ago, Lutesque said:

LoL....  Foundry build times are suppose to be annoying...

They are literally designed to have teeny bits of frustration to them....

The idea is to frustrate you enough to consider paying but not so much that you consider quitting. 

Basically any and all suggestions/improvements/feedback about foundry craft times are pretty much Automatically ignored. Complaining about it just proves its working as DE intended. They definitely don't expect anyone to like it.... why would they ? If people did then they wouldn't pay...

Most people dont pay anyways lol. Not only that it keeps them from getting more money from newer players because they don't stay long this being one of the reasons why. They make most of their money from primes and fashion frame im sure that's just there to stretch out content time so people can't go through things too quickly and shortening times on lower level stuff or doing what he said would help a bit, also multiple of small items would be great. They make less money if people don't stay but if they stay they will likely spend money on fashion or prime access anyways and with tennogen constantly bringing new fashion they don't even have to work to get extra cash from players.

4 minutes ago, TheBlackishBoy said:

Most people dont pay anyways lol.

Well.... yeah.... Its well known that only a small majority of players Pay.... and DE is more than comfortable nickle and diming the few players that do....

5 minutes ago, TheBlackishBoy said:

Not only that it keeps them from getting more money from newer players because they don't stay long this being one of the reasons why.

I think the way DE sees it... Those players probably weren't going to pay anyway. DE doesn't care if freeloaders quit.... They don't benefit from them....

7 minutes ago, TheBlackishBoy said:

They make most of their money from primes and fashion frame

I don't know how DE gets their money.... 

For all we know it could be from Amazon through some deal...

my point is simple.... If theres a platinm cost to thing you're proposing DE can fix.... chances are it probably isn't going to get fixed because its not faulty.... they added that platinum fee for a reason.... chances are its just going to stay that way....

19 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Well.... yeah.... Its well known that only a small majority of players Pay.... and DE is more than comfortable nickle and diming the few players that do....

I think the way DE sees it... Those players probably weren't going to pay anyway. DE doesn't care if freeloaders quit.... They don't benefit from them....

I don't know how DE gets their money.... 

For all we know it could be from Amazon through some deal...

my point is simple.... If theres a platinm cost to thing you're proposing DE can fix.... chances are it probably isn't going to get fixed because its not faulty.... they added that platinum fee for a reason.... chances are its just going to stay that way....

Yea maybe so. The foundry is one of those things that hasn't changed much over time either tbh

3 hours ago, KieSeyHow said:

Of course I can grasp it, that was not my point.  Merely not to annoy loyal players.  What I cannot grasp is console gamers...why?  Get a real computer ... lol

Seriously? You don't even seem to grasp what that "quote" link at the bottom of each post does. F2P as a business model makes money off of the impatient people of the world. Not the people who aren't going to have ready access to cash. You're literally asking the devs to reduce an income stream because "I want them to, because I'm a loyal customer". 

Also, as a console gamer, I thank you for your service as a part of our quality assurance team. Those game breaking bugs that you lot moan so much about get cleaned out for us.

Not only do we have full, guaranteed optimization for our hardware but also a near zero percent chance of hardware or software conflicts. We also don't have issues with the bad-plat that you lot need to worry about getting banned for, every single time you try to sell something expensive. 

And have you ever seen how big our "monitors" are? Between us I've been thinking about ripping out the big screen TV and getting a higher end projector and just using the entire wall when Railjack gets dropped, but I haven't made up my mind. 

Maybe I'll just stick with what I have and use a bit of the money to rush my builds instead, from time to time. I have to make that choice because I have a "job" that pays me "money", and I'm allowed to use some of it to enhance my enjoyment of my free time. 

Best of all, I don't get any more of those repetitive stress injuries that I used to get, trying to do acrobatics on my keyboard, or have to worry about whether the controller is fully supported. The only downside is that my gaming PC throws me these sad looks from time to time, because I have been thinking about turning it into a lowly media box. 

Sign in after reset like normal and just use the Warframe app if you can. I get a little ding on my phone and I collect and start a new forma or what ever. I’ve built nearly everything with the app. Just don’t have the app and Warframe open at the same time. It’s actually a pretty cool app.