(PS4)ChaosTheNerd

Why im not really excited for Empyrean

3 minutes ago, Dharlee said:

Apparently you hate more than that. Why bother to play at all when you're so bored? SMH

no i just hate that  lazy meaningless excuse

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

i Dont get it. You know they are gonna use this for more cutscenes, apply to story, Standing with the crew that will also maneuver the upgrades for you, beeing able in the end to travel the ship and land on open area. This is an Tool to Blend everything together, Having this ship will be more and more exciting, Because you see the small Lich domain and resource farm through asteroids but i see more potential, Which i hoped you saw aswell?

Also they are gonna rework to be able too modify your own archwing with new themes too. they are working hard to implement everything as you can Fire a crew on your ship and hire new once. Possibly through things like Dept bonds

Edited by rouch3200

3 minutes ago, (XB1)MetalPain x 666 said:

And spend massive amounts of resources? Nope.

No railjack for you then.

Yeah I do kinda wish I hadn't watched the playthrough at tennocon so I'd have that much more to discover for myself as a first time experience. Still, there's a bunch of nodes and presumably other missions so I'm still pretty up for it.

What would really make me happiest is if it leads into the duviri paradox and the new war with significant new lore reveals. To me, the overarching mythos and narrative of the warframe universe is where it's greatest future potential is. I can't imagine anything better than if everything we have become is preparing us for a deeper dive into the bigger story. That's my only idea of a true endgame.

5 hours ago, krc473 said:

How does a developer make the content enjoyable and long lasting?

Pretty much not possible, as ive been saying for years.

Posted (edited)

It's fine to have managed expectations - in fact I strongly encourage it. Hype culture has lead to a lot of things that are wrong with the current gaming industry.

That said, we should give it a chance - especially with Empyrean. As I said some time back, my research into the early days of Warframe has led me to believe that Empyrean is the game DE wanted to make all along, but couldn't due to various limitations. In fact, Steve mentioned a possibility of Warframe 2; if they do make that game, I'd go so far as to bet they'll simply start with "Empyrean 1.1" and go from there.

Not trying hype this up or pile on the "naysayers" - that's not my thing. I'm just saying I think this is why they're making it. This is the point of Empyrean.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Applause 6

31 minutes ago, (XB1)MetalPain x 666 said:

And spend massive amounts of resources? Nope.

the the most basic solo clan. 4 cross connectors, 2 reactors, Oracle, bio-grineer-corpus-tenno-orokin labs, trading post.

10,000 credits

Common materials that drops hundreds at a time.

800 Alloy plate

2,200 ferrite

5,800 spores

7,150 salvage

Uncommon materials that drop 50-100 at a time.

2,800 circuits

2,100 Polymer Bundle

Rare materials that are everywhere and only rare due to creation time.

13 forma

Simply. MASSIVE.

Oh yeah. +1 forma for the Dry Dock. and some piddly amount of resources not worth adding to the list.

• Like 4
  • Satisfied 2
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I mean.... im not looking forward to another Syndicate Grind even worse than the one in Fortuna.....

The fortuna grind is vastly easier than poe… They added more with little duck but it's actually still quicker to rank than the quills, no clue why you're making such assumptions

Edited by Ramflare
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Ramflare said:

The fortuna grind is vastly easier than poe…

For you perhaps. 

50 minutes ago, Ramflare said:

no clue why you're making such assumptions

Because im not naive enough to believe DE is going to come up with reasonable grind.... 

They're going to stretch the living hell out of Empyrean.... thats just what they do.... 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

il y a 32 minutes, Lutesque a dit :

For you perhaps. 

Because im not naive enough to believe DE is going to come up with reasonable grind.... 

They're going to stretch the living hell out of Empyrean.... thats just what they do.... 

i'll tap that empyrian with tip!

7 hours ago, krc473 said:

It is pretty easy to just say “this is another complainer complaining”. Do you know why? Because you provide no way to improve it. You are just complaining. I certainly don’t disagree with your statements, but you are just complaining. If you actually provided some proper, well thought out suggestions people might see your post differently.

Many games suffer from the same issue. Fancy new content is released -> People play it, enjoy it and then get bored -> The content is abandoned -> More fancy new content is released and the cycle repeats. How does a developer make the content enjoyable and long lasting?

Lol people have screamed ways that the plains or fortuna could be improved, doesn't change the fact that its still the same.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, S.Dust said:

Lol people have screamed ways that the plains or fortuna could be improved, doesn't change the fact that its still the same.

I am not suggesting no one has given ways to improve these things. I am stating that when you write a complaint thread and give no suggestions, you are just complaining. The OP made mention of how people would view it as someone complaining, like they thought it was anything more than that.

• Applause 2

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

I am not suggesting no one has given ways to improve these things. I am stating that when you write a complaint thread and give no suggestions, you are just complaining. The OP made mention of how people would view it as someone complaining, like they thought it was anything more than that.

Should it even be his job to fix the game though.  I mean I feel like a little effort in understanding what players want is all it would take for DE to get something right but they only listen to the people who like gimmicks so I say let him complain.

• Haha 1

I have close to zero interest in flying a big ship around, but there's more to it than that, so maybe there will be something I'll enjoy. *shrugs*

My favorite franchise is getting an update on the 6th, so I'm not excited about anything else and I appreciate that WF won't be a distraction for a bit.

DE has been working on this stuff for a while, we just need to wait it out a little longer a see if they chose a safe basket for their eggs.

10 hours ago, krc473 said:

It is pretty easy to just say “this is another complainer complaining”. Do you know why? Because you provide no way to improve it. You are just complaining. I certainly don’t disagree with your statements, but you are just complaining. If you actually provided some proper, well thought out suggestions people might see your post differently.

Many games suffer from the same issue. Fancy new content is released -> People play it, enjoy it and then get bored -> The content is abandoned -> More fancy new content is released and the cycle repeats. How does a developer make the content enjoyable and long lasting?

In case you missed it the suggestion is "stop wasting a year to develop a barren land only to keep us busy the time it takes to get to rank 5 standing and then just pop in to fight the boss" because that is what PoE and Fortuna are.

Besides, assuming DE cared for our feedback what do you expect them to do? Recode the plains and the vallis? Even if they are planning a new open world they already have their project in mind we know nothing about so, again, what's the point?

The suggestion is clear and easy to read "don't make anything else like plains and vallis".

• Haha 2

We're not excited for it because we know it's another grind for something that will only reward more grind and if it does have something worthy of being a usable reward it will have a drop rate of 0.00000000001 percent of actually dropping...and you still might have to sacrifice a goat...

• Applause 1

All I see is a massive waste of time and ressources.

Spend hours farming the ressources (not to mention that DE will probably add like 10 new, extremely rare ressources that we need thousands of), wait 1 week for it to build, survive the guaranteed Bug-massacre, only to get like 30 minutes of actual content out of it.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Style over substance... don't tell me you've only recently come to that conclusion. Warframe lost any substance it had when Parkour 2.0 came in. Why do I say that? Because that's when Warframe made it obvious that it didn't want players to enjoy what Warframe is. It became all about getting from point A to point B and anything in-between is meaningless. 

For me though, it just so happens that parts of Warframe's style is my niche. That doesn't necessarily make Warframe good mind you, but as you may know entertainment is subjective. It's why I love the Bayformer films. I know they are bad, but giant stompy robots is my niche. But if they didn't have giant stompy robots I could've cared less about the films. Same thing goes with animation. I can watch a terrible anime/cartoon as long as it has something for the eyes. It's how I managed to get through the atrocity that was Guilty Crown. Or most of PAs works. Or even certain genres that I really, really don't like. As long as they had good animation, I could at least enjoy those parts of the experience. Railjack is up my alley because pew-pew lasers and crewed vessels. But as made obvious in this thread, it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Even if Railjack doesn't live up to expectations, as long as it works then I'll be happy; considering that I got to enjoy the fleeting experience for free. Disappointing? Yes, but not a deal-breaker.

Edited by Goodwill

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

All I see is a massive waste of time and ressources.

Spend hours farming the ressources (not to mention that DE will probably add like 10 new, extremely rare ressources that we need thousands of), wait 1 week for it to build, survive the guaranteed Bug-massacre, only to get like 30 minutes of actual content out of it.

Complaining that Warframe is Warframe is kinda silly.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

I think we should wait and see how Empyrean plays out before we judge it.

I can tell you already what will happen. Poeple will complain that its to grindy and leech is to op, after a week DE will change that, after next week vets that nolifed the sh..t out of it will have everything and come back complaining that they dont have anything else to do. 

To me, Empyrean looks like it is going to be yet another update that is far too isolated from the rest of the game. Just like Archwing, PoE, and Fortuna before it. Its going to bring another set of items that can only be used within it, and another set of resources that are only available there, and only usable there. So once again, its going to ask players to choose between playing any of the preexisting content, or this one comparatively tiny little area, because you can't make progress in both at the same time.

I have seen other developers fall to this same mindset, that every new update has to be some massive paradigm shift that reinvents the whole game. Sure, sometimes this can manage to revitalize the game and make it all fresh again. But really, what usually ends up happening is they just end up constantly throwing a monkey wrench into the machine, and then have to waste even more time cleaning up the resulting mess. And either way, if they do this too often, the game can very quickly become completely unrecognizable, and end up alienating its most dedicated players.

On top of all that, it has also obviously fallen victim to feature creep. So its taking forever to come out, nothing else substantial is coming out in the meantime, and in the end, I seriously doubt it will be worth the wait. And I can't help but wonder, just how much better the entire rest of the game could be by now if they weren't spending all their time on this instead. Hek, maybe those poor Corrupted could finally get their placeholder weapons replaced after all these years...

• Applause 1

12 hours ago, krc473 said:

If you actually provided some proper, well thought out suggestions people might see your post differently.

Even Warframe Partners are leaving. It really doesn't matter what "well thought out suggestions" people say, many of you will ignore it and DE especially will ignore it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kuciol said:

Complaining that Warframe is Warframe is kinda silly.

Complaining that Warframe has become a boring grindfest with countless bugs is kinda silly.

Wait......