The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rending Strike Should Be Giving Attack Speed Instead Of Charge Damage.

Aspari

rend

verb \ˈrend\

: to tear (something) into pieces with force or violence

One attack is not going to tear something into pieces. Multiple attacks will. (Definition taken from Webster dictionary.)

Charge damage doesn't need any mods to give it more love. Normal melee attacks need love, lots of it. And I request changing Rendering Strike to Rending Strikes on top of making the mod give attack speed.

sad both dual mods only affect charge attacks. I think somone should tell DE that noone enjoys charge attacking. I just wanna normal attack 

You sure about that ?

Dude I use the Furax as well, it is innate armor ignore for both charged and normal attacks but I still prefer charged attacks.

Because it is a single target weapon, more time spent pummeling something means more damage I take.

Same for Dual Ether. I still prefer charged attacks on it. Even without the nightmare mods.

The definition of "rend" does absolutely nothing to support the idea that the mod should improve attack speed rather than charge damage.

If anything, the lack of a plural in the name "Rending Strike" favors it's current effect.

Does anyone even use melee on high level enemies?

Yes, often more so than low rank ones.

Why dump 30-50 rounds into a rank 121 Bombard when two charge attacks from a Plasma Sword will do the same thing?