Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Partners Leaving how does warframe fare?

(PSN)sweatshawp

I genuinely wanna know how people think the longevity of the game will be with core content creators and streamers putting warframe on the back burner or leaving the game. For reasons that many vets are complaining about (not all but a lot). Such as not enough content no challenge etc. I love this game and I’d hate to see it fade away but it feels like as time goes on it’s getting exponentially worse to say hey I’ve played warframe for an extended period of time. And if you feel like I should just play something else I do... often.... again it’s sad to see the game I love so much and put so much time into go on the decline (in my personal op) and again please don’t spam the comments with Therese plenty things to do in warframe like (help new players fashion frame remove mods to make the game more challenging wait on rail jack) a lot of people are tired of hearing that because... it hasn’t gotten better and a lot of us feel like it won’t. Most of the things all you guys are saying to us we’ve said it to others before until we got to this point where we see warframe for what it is now. Empty and lacking content challenge and from how things are going seemingly longevity.  Sorry for the rambling but how do you all feel about the current state of the game and partners / streamers leaving WF or not focusing on it?

• Like 13

Since many partner don't even know how to play this game (some advise players to use Shield mods on any frame...yes). I actually care absolutely Zero.

There are also lots of games without partners and they do fine as well.

And why should I stop playing a game I like because some rando on youtube says he is done with it?

Please use the search function for more answers. This topic is already a dead beatn horse with about 50 threads

• Like 46

As GnarlsDarkley said, the search function exists for a reason.  I think it's fair to say the majority of us vets don't give a damn about CCs (Content Creators) anymore since they often give stupid advice such as saying crit is the only way to build, and the only people who do care about CCs are their rabid fanbases that often muddy the waters when any decent discussion should be had.  About the only one I still bother watching is Trib and that's because he seems to understand what he's talking about (he mains Loki with stat sticks ffs), and even then it's mainly as entertainment separate from Warframe.  Even then I wouldn't really care if he quit Warframe as it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game itself.  The issues with Warframe are widely known (we've been saying it for years) and content creators leaving shouldn't be the catalyst that causes change, that should be the desire to actually make the game better for people other than the LCD (Lowest Common Denominator).

Edited by Jiminez_Burial
Removed unneeded 'the'.
  • Like 13

Just now, Jiminez_Burial said:

Based on the threads that have popped up in the last couple of days, the latest is iFlynn.

never watched his content so idk name rings a bell but i'd assume covering the same game over and over again can get boring so good luck to them 

personally reading this i was hopping for some partners i didn't like to jump ship so i could have some good news today 

• Like 5

OH NO! Some random guy who had time to make videos got bored of warframe after years and years of the same thing.

Personally, warframe has always been incredibly boring to watch no matter their "unique perspective" and how any of the one trick CC's lasted so long purely on WF content is nothing short of amazing. They force themselves to constantly play for money. That's far less healthy than any other typical player. So YEAH. not a big surprise some of the oldest ones are dropping off.

So oh well, game is dying right? Like every year before it.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 17

Why don't you make your own judgement instead of listening to some youtubers whose entire "business" revolves around gaining attention?

Do Content Creators really have that kind of sway where if one leaves everyone who watches them will mindlessly follow? Some players might but I'm pretty sure most will continue playing or leave for other reasons. I personally don't care for content creators so it doesn't matter to me who leaves, why they left, and if they'll ever come back.

• Like 8

ok so even as someone who also have gripe with the game something i want to make very clear is that never ever let someone else tell you what you can or cannot enjoy. they got their own issues with it, i got my own issues with it and sometimes i point out my criticism towards the game is my own and each person have their own free will to what they think. at most a bunch of partners leaving should just be more of a wake up call for DE (not us, we decide our own purpose) to figure out that there are issues and problems in the game but it wouldnt be the very reason the game dies. if you love the game then love it, if you have issues then fairly voice them, if you got an opinion then that should be fine but i pray for your safety. if you genuinely just want to know what ppl think of the game current state then my thoughts are that the game is gonna have to hit a make or break point eventually cuz its current path doesnt feel healthy for the game since it just have alot of missing core components but also many problems thatll follows or even grow down the line with "new content" by my personal opinion. im not gonna say the game is bad but i know when to admit when there is alteast an issue, however always keep in mind even if to you the game feels like it hit a bad state that games can still make comebacks at times like raindbow 6, final fantasy 14, or even back in warframe early stages where they changed it up for the better back then so i wouldnt give up 100% hope but dont expect it either its your choice to choose really.

• Like 1

I will still play warframe whether they stay or leave, the problem is the content creators are the press for the game and the press is leaving. It's like your town's favorite sports team is losing coverage. Will core fans still support them, hell yeah, but they lose out on potential new fans.

How a content creator build weapons or warframes isn't all that important; what is important is Tennocon was a month ago, and now several CCs have abandoned ship or taking extended leaves of absence. The Hype train excuse is; DE is taking too long releasing new content, no endgame for vets, they're tired or bored of re-hashing the same ole crap (who was excited to fight the Ghouls again) and when they do we get... DOG DAYS? But I think the problem goes deeper, there's no real partnership.  These are contractual affiliates that thought they were partners, they drank management koolaid and thought their input was appreciated and had merit, then discovered their input wasn't really valued at all.

I'm not a social media type, not trying to make a living from playing games and definitely have no interest in partnerships or creating content. MC gamer is taking a leave, Iflynn is gone, ReaperHunter gone right before Grendel and Gauss drop... that's a problem because Tennocon was a month ago! Streamers with a large following not streaming warframe and tennocon was a month ago, that's a problem and yeah new people will hop on but the game is surviving on advertising to draw new players. The vast majority of new players have no idea what to do or how to do anything until they watch a content creator do it and then get a vet in game to show them how it's really done.

DE is losing it's own press, and it's their own fault. It's like dealing with a lover that's stringing you along knowing she's never going to give you any of the goodies. It's denial based finessing!

Edited by DUN_DUNNA
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Since many partner don't even know how to play this game (some advise players to use Shield mods on any frame...yes). I actually care absolutely Zero.

There are also lots of games without partners and they do fine as well.

And why should I stop playing a game I like because some rando on youtube says he is done with it?

Please use the search function for more answers. This topic is already a dead beatn horse with about 50 threads

Losing partners is losing promotion as well as other content creators. On top of that losing the promotion and reach from said content creators causes less exposure  less exposure = less new players. And on top of that with bigger content creators leaving and how warframe is on the twitch directory it’s losing something a game that wants to constantly gain players need. Exposure. I don’t care for any W.F Content creator personally but seeing partners leave especially bigger more known ones makes me feel like somethings not going to well. Considering that they known a lot more then us is not looking good.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Losing partners is losing promotion

If this was indeed an issue for DE they wouldn't be so picky with whom they are partnered with. I know multiple streamer with more than 10,000 follower and 1,500+ hours played getting refused for no reason at all and such with 500 followers talking absolut bull get a pass.

Still, no thank you. I watched a couple of partners but stopped about a year ago.

And the imprtant streamer who really count, don't play this game at all. They were given an account, had to play X hours and that's it. They sold their name to promote the game. Done

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

If this was indeed an issue for DE they wouldn't be so picky with whom they are partnered with. I know multiple streamer with more than 10,000 follower and 1,500+ hours played getting refused for no reason at all and such with 500 followers talking absolut bull get a pass.

Still, no thank you. I watched a couple of partners but stopped about a year ago.

And the imprtant streamer who really count, don't play this game at all. They were given an account, had to play X hours and that's it. They sold their name to promote the game. Done

And how does that fair in retention for the player base. Your not seeing the bigger picture me and you don’t care about partners leaving because WE play the game. Partners and content creators not covering the game loses promotion and people hearing about the game. If people don’t hear about a game how do they learn about it? And yes it’s very much so possible for a game to be stable and have a community without promotion on platforms such as twitch YouTube etc BUT it’s a very very big part of promotion for games especially games as a service wanting more players to play and invest time in the game. You not caring about the partners leaving us your opinion you have a right to it but it’s a very important issue being that it’s not just one it’s a multiple and I’m assuming more will leave down the line. If your partners aren’t enjoying the game the people you pick and give this inside information to the people whom you select to promote the game and Picked them for it aren’t playing something is wrong

1 минуту назад, (PS4)sweatshawp сказал:

Your not seeing the bigger picture me and you don’t care about partners leaving because WE play the game.

Clearly you care about them leaving. You wouldn't be an author of this thread otherwise.

2 минуты назад, (PS4)sweatshawp сказал:

Partners and content creators not covering the game loses promotion and people hearing about the game.

Iflyn's (used him as an example) channel was a bubble since the moment he decided to cover a single game, many cc's have this issue. Players discover their channel after playing the game or after being recomended by friends. 

5 минут назад, (PS4)sweatshawp сказал:

If your partners aren’t enjoying the game the people you pick and give this inside information to the people whom you select to promote the game and Picked them for it aren’t playing something is wrong

Not really.

1) They leave. After 6 years it's no surprise.

2) Are they the only ones who are allowed to enjoy the game and dictate how the game should be?

I'd suggest looking at what is happening as Staff Turnover. In time, someone else will take their place.

The bigger picture can be described as business as usual.

4 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Clearly you care about them leaving. You wouldn't be an author of this thread otherwise.

I don’t but it’s sad to see the guys go for reasons that have been talked about multiple times.

the only channel I’ll watch really is grind hard squad and even then it’s not an active thing it’s more so if I see a video here and there I’ll watch.

6 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Iflyn's (used him as an example) channel was a bubble since the moment he decided to cover a single game, many cc's have this issue. Players discover their channel after playing the game or after being recomended by friends

Covering a single game you like warrants no issue. But your disregarding the fact that players can find the game through these content creators and personalities. seeing someone say their leaving the game as their most recent video isn’t a good look for newer or players who want to know about / get into warframe.

8 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Not really.

1) They leave. After 6 years it's no surprise.

2) Are they the only ones who are allowed to enjoy the game and dictate how the game should be?

I'd suggest looking at what is happening as Staff Turnover. In time, someone else will take their place.

The bigger picture can be described as business as usual.

1. With warframe being a live service and more of the bigger ccs leaving it’s quite a surprise to me and many at least. The game should be more sustainable so they don’t have to leave or feel like there isn’t enough content to cover for them to make a living. Most of them still care about the game as well.

2.i never said they are the only ones but when you have a majority asking for something small and or simple being ignored I can see the frustration

3. I’m curious to see if you guys would be this nonchalant if Rebecca Steve or Pablo left if were boiling it down. As staff turnover

47 минут назад, (PS4)sweatshawp сказал:

Covering a single game you like warrants no issue. But your disregarding the fact that players can find the game through these content creators and personalities. seeing someone say their leaving the game as their most recent video isn’t a good look for newer or players who want to know about / get into warframe.

47 минут назад, (PS4)sweatshawp сказал:

1. With warframe being a live service and more of the bigger ccs leaving it’s quite a surprise to me and many at least. The game should be more sustainable so they don’t have to leave or feel like there isn’t enough content to cover for them to make a living. Most of them still care about the game as well.

Imo, for a content creator it is an issue with negative consequenses down the line. I've mentioned that reason in my previous post, it creates a bubble and eventually attracts people who are already playing the game - good (vaguely) for it's retention value, but not much else. The audience they attract, atleast the vocal part, can be constrictive and will be demanding these cc's to cover that signle game, due to the fact that was the only reason they subscribed to them. In the long run, It isn't healthy, neither for the game nor for the CC. The way I see it as an endless game of Tug of war with the creator being the rope.

Players will be able to discover the game via their older content or other creators or other media. "I quit" videos can raise a flag, but players are still capable of a critical thought. Actually, think about it this way, Hearing: "I quit after I've palyed for several years" proves that the game has enough sustainable content to keep a cc (who has more time than the most player base) playing for quite a while.

48 минут назад, (PS4)sweatshawp сказал:

2.i never said they are the only ones but when you have a majority asking for something small and or simple being ignored I can see the frustration

I'd put it this way: when you have different people asking for a lot of different small and or simple things, with the majority of those things being either nonsensical or not a primary concern. With a project such as a live service game and limited resources you have to develop priorities on what to do and when to do it. It is hard for a player to see a big picture and a vocal player is a part of a strata.

59 минут назад, (PS4)sweatshawp сказал:

3. I’m curious to see if you guys would be this nonchalant if Rebecca Steve or Pablo left if were boiling it down. As staff turnover

I respect them as much as I respect the teams that work on the game, but they are not my concern, the are free to do as they see fit. I play their product and am not involved with them. To answer your question, I'd say, I'd be sad to see them go, but them leaving will not make me stop playing WF.

• Like 1

Some of them I'm glad to see leave...

The only ones I like are Tactical Potato and Original Wicked J...Must be the accents...and if they go..then I know this game is dead...

Also its more Youtube problem for them than anything else due to how it's suddenly drying up and the thought of a 9-5 jobs looms overhead....

From my perspective I'd just say.." In order for me to make Warframe content..I gotta cover other games..becuase guys..when there's nothing to do..all you tell me is go play another game till it shows up...Well okay then..see you in a few months..here's a few games to check out if you're in the same boat..compared to...The warframe community are ravenous rancid beavers on rage juice so I AM LEAVING...(this of course is true that they are horrid death beaver)..but, still never burn a bridge down regardless of the monstrous aquatic mammals chewing at its foundations...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

2 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I’m curious to see if you guys would be this nonchalant if Rebecca Steve or Pablo left if were boiling it down. As staff turnover

The same as I felt when Mynki left. The original art director who paved the art style of much of the game. Like the original Excalibur.

It happens. Some think the art now is too busy and liked the more minimalist styles. Some like the new art direction. There was someone to take his place. And CCs are a dime a dozen and far easier to replace. There are 257 other partners. Did you know that? Sure some might be inactive. But more get added. And WF isn't really a grassroots effort anymore either. Partners being even close to a primary source of new players is laughable. DE paying Markiplier for one episode likely brought in more players than all these other fan partners combined.

• Like 6

Burning out on no-lifing a single game without ever having featured any kind of content besides Warframe content...is not Warframe's problem or responsibility. If you base your entire life, career and income around a third party's product whose production or quality you have no control over, you're gonna run out of stuff to make clickbait about at some point.

It's embarrassing that he found this out the hard way instead of diversifying earlier on, but it doesn't directly affect me. He was just "that YouTuber slightly less annoying than Brozime but without any meaningful content" to me and I very rarely watched him.

• Like 4