Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Partners Leaving how does warframe fare?

(PSN)sweatshawp

When you look at things objectively there are realistically 2 main reasons with a sprinkling of extras...

DE have been advertising the game using railjack etc for the last year to year and a half...it's still not here and it's going to be a while yet before it actually comes out (probably half finished based on previous big updates), I'm still thinking November, maybe December before anything playable turns up in game.  Basically lack of 'new' content and failing to hit their original deadline(s) for release surely isn't helping with keeping players let alone youtubers etc.    I will say railjack better be something special considering the delays as well.

Destiny 2 has gone f2p so while players who enjoy Warframe are waiting on an update they might have gone to it or another f2p game... they'll more than likely come back if DE actually releases railjack. 

Throw in the nightwave as a side issue for 'veterans' due to it feeling like chores as well and realistically you get to a point where getting a new frame and grinding the xp to level up etc gets rather 'boring'.   We haven't even had that many mini events either, even throwing an event once a month could give us 'something' to do.

Edited by LSG501

My concerns are Empyrean will deliver too much the same format we've seen that has grown a bit stale to the game and it's a heavy investment. We'll see a large influx of players, but long term I'm not a big fan of their continuing model of heavy investment on game modes and features dancing around core issues in the "fun factor" playing the game. My own playing experience just feels like there's things no longer working in favor to enjoyable gameplay left unacknowledged for a significant amount of time that's losing players.

Edited by ikkabotz
  • Like 2

It is to be expected, DE has a tendency on putting all of their eggs on one basket, specially at this time of the year when we are just waiting for the new big update. Also with Destiny 2 being free, now players that were interested but reluctant to pay the value of the game (taking into account how bad the release of the game was), are going to download and play that game.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Kingsmount said:

They're pushing away a lot of content creators, most of whom are at the very least branching out and playing Warframe less.

I'm curious, how exactly are they pushing away content creators? Sure, a dearth of new content has been resulting in a lack of sources for content creators to draw in views (and because of this many have been trying to branch out to other sources for making their own content), but that's a passive side effect of the pace of updates. I haven't seen any sign of the studio actively distancing themselves from their partners.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

It's just part of a normal cycle, the numbers will probably  go back up once we get a major update , its always been like this 

It's trending downwards on a burndown. You can see it if you view the course of the lifespan of the game. I don't doubt more players are coming with railjack, I'm more concerned about the downward aggressive trends in the burndown. To be fair, that's also normal but is more revealing to the life cycle to the game than I think some would like to acknowledge. We'll see what Empyrean does, it's going to be a big move on the state of the game more long term and won't be more visible of success of impact for months. At least it will slow the bleeding. At most, something more.

Edited by ikkabotz
  • Like 4

hace 2 horas, ikkabotz dijo:

What would cause a dip in numbers like this, as they've seen a 38% drop from their last peak in players and the average number of players is the lowest since September 2017?

What sustains the lifespan of Warframe moving forward in the life cycle of development?

Are you really asking why a game that hasn't dropped any significant content in the whole year (maybe with the exception of Disruption, it was kinda fun the first week) is loosing players?

The lifespan of Warframe used to be their community, but right now it is only New Players and White Knights (and probably won't change)

Also, wanna hear a joke?

The Roadmap.

Edited by DOOMPATRIOT
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, DOOMPATRIOT said:

Are you really asking why a game that hasn't dropped any significant content in the whole year (maybe with the exception of Disruption, it was kinda fun the first week) is loosing players?

The lifespan of Warframe used to be their community, but right now it is only New Players and White Knights.

I am asking but I totally agree with you. I wanted to present more questions than opinions on this forum to see input from others, but I'm definitely in your camp. I'd argue it's a completely unhealthy model for "enjoyable content", but maybe a successful one for dollars..I've been in a comatose state of enjoying Warframe for a long time and don't play it.

Edit, saw your edit on the joke "The Roadmap". Complete agree...I think years from now development, people in charge will look back on their decisions and regret what direction they took the game in while reflecting on their legacy to the game itself...not many times you have opportunity to shape a game like this, been obvious miscues on the quality of the game for what I'd argue has been years now. Some have been growing pains, some have just been flat out poor and greedy decision making and now defiance...disappointing.

Edited by ikkabotz
  • Like 2

Yes, there certainly should be concern. I say this as someone who played every day for over a year and a half until two months ago.

A couple of weeks after I stopped playing I got the urge to play again, but not Warframe.  The urge was for Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. This is interesting because when I first started playing Warframe it scratched the same itch that ME3 did, and now it definitely does not. Why? 

The answer is the most dreaded, controversial word in the Warframe community, "challenge". Particularly as it pertains to strategy. The thought of having to coordinate team abilities, crowd control enemies, target weak spots, and *gasp* hit enemies more than once is becoming more and more appealing to me. As a new player it seemed these things would develop as the game progressed. They did, but then the game progressed beyond that point. 

The power curve of Warframe is being developed way to quickly and everything else (lore, new modes, gameplay changes) are coming way too slowly. I have loved Warframe, but all this time to think has led me to the conclusion that unless some fundamental problems get fixed I won't want to go back due to the lack of satisfaction from the gameplay. I don't need shiny new objects (although they are nice and DE is good at making them), I need to find fun and satisfaction in the gameplay. Right now that unfortunately means I need to find a new game.

• Like 2

Don't forget almost every other multiplayer games has a Halloween Event going as well. Can't see why these DE folks don't have something for the occasion. Not a real big deal but it does give people something else to do. What do we have here? A completely dead week while we wait for NW Intermission. Come on DE who is doing your planning? You actually want people to go play other games? You do know they may not come back to yours?

Just now, cmacq said:

Don't forget almost every other multiplayer games has a Halloween Event going as well. Can't see why these DE folks don't have something for the occasion. Not a real big deal but it does give people something else to do. What do we have here? A completely dead week while we wait for NW Intermission. Come on DE who is doing your planning? You actually want people to go play other games? You do know they may not come back to yours?

They don't seem to care much anymore. Release a cash grab ornament and call it a day. I've been with this company since day one, closed beta day one, but the last dev stream really pushed me the wrong way. Zero information about this update we've been hearing about since LAST JULY 2018. 

The fact there no "live events" *LOOK AT DESTINY 2!!* is sad.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, AshArbiter said:

They don't seem to care much anymore. Release a cash grab ornament and call it a day. I've been with this company since day one, closed beta day one, but the last dev stream really pushed me the wrong way. Zero information about this update we've been hearing about since LAST JULY 2018. 

The fact there no "live events" *LOOK AT DESTINY 2!!* is sad.

"Cash grab ornament" is so spot on and been the Modus Operandi for how long now? 

Edited by ikkabotz

There's nothing to do..or worse..There's tons to do..but... it's so spread out you have no idea where to go or what to do..

Like example building Garuda or Baruuk and they both needs so many mcguffins, but where do you go for that specific mcguffin...okay wiki says it's here to get this specific mcguffin..and you attack said place and then it goes aggro and nothing drops...and then it goes dead..nothing spawns in...huh hello I still need that McGuffin? But wait there's more you need to max out Little Duck to get at Helgrin...okay...uhhh..who's Little Duck?

I mean this game is so spread out with two massive open areas and tons of materials to do X but what is "X" and how do I get to X...and oh look another massive open space area is coming and I need a clan or make a clan...and I have to do an event and then I need to build how many structures in a clan to get at said dry dock? 

De really needs a Thanos Snap and they need to simplify the star chart and toss out everything their internal numbers are showing that is dead and get back to basics on how to go from the bottom to the top of the food chain in this game...while also moving vets to TAU with a new mountain to climb one new planet at a time...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 2

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think your reading the numbers correctly september this year was up on september 2017. Sure the last "30 days" is down but that contains a significant portion of last month too also as a rule it seems that warframe ticks up every 3 months on steam I suppose that must be how often large content influxes into the game happens. I don't think there is any cause for panic at all if we were to get more than 3 months in a row in the negatives then of course conversations would need to happen but this is just an interesting statistical anomaly caused by the time of year plus destiny 2's release.

I think that when steam publishes the numbers for this month at the end of the month there going to be trending up if not 100% positively. As of now the dry dock portion of empyrean is due to ship with Grendel and I think the halloween events they teased last dev stream will have an effect on increasing the players pass through.

21 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

There's nothing to do..or worse..There's tons to do..but... it's so spread out you have no idea where to go or what to do..

Like example building Garuda or Baruuk and they both needs so many mcguffins, but where do you go for that specific mcguffin...okay wiki says it's here to get this specific mcguffin..and you attack said place and then it goes aggro and nothing drops...and then it goes dead..nothing spawns in...huh hello I still need that McGuffin? But wait there's more you need to max out Little Duck to get at Helgrin...okay...uhhh..who's Little Duck?

I mean this game is so spread out with two massive open areas and tons of materials to do X but what is "X" and how do I get to X...and oh look another massive open space area is coming and I need a clan or make a clan...and I have to do an event and then I need to build how many structures in a clan to get at said dry dock? 

De really needs a Thanos Snap and they need to simplify the star chart and toss out everything their internal numbers are showing that is dead and get back to basics on how to go from the bottom to the top of the food chain in this game...while also moving vets to TAU with a new mountain to climb one new planet at a time...

Yup, agree. More time has been needed focused on the existing game itself outside the number crunching game. I would go as far as identifying this as a long outstanding issue now.

Edited by ikkabotz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Troposphere6 said:

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think your reading the numbers correctly september this year was up on september 2017. Sure the last "30 days" is down but that contains a significant portion of last month too also as a rule it seems that warframe ticks up every 3 months on steam I suppose that must be how often large content influxes into the game happens. I don't think there is any cause for panic at all if we were to get more than 3 months in a row in the negatives then of course conversations would need to happen but this is just an interesting statistical anomaly caused by the time of year plus destiny 2's release.

I think that when steam publishes the numbers for this month at the end of the month there going to be trending up if not 100% positively. As of now the dry dock portion of empyrean is due to ship with Grendel and I think the halloween events they teased last dev stream will have an effect on increasing the players pass through.

Avg players logged in and max players logged in are most close to September 2017. Another way to compare it if that doesn't register, extend the graph to "all" and view the curves and the burndown. They will trend up next month, as normally a new frame or reworks are available to pull in players. Switch to the graph, it's the most telling of tendencies as you can see it's on a downward arch in longer terms than "normally" seen.

Edited by ikkabotz

lets be honest some of us saw this happening years ago cuz as i said on many occasions ppl gave feedback for years with devs ignoring the more crucial ones and the community always going at each others neck. ppl are gonna say excuses like "ppl are playing other games, itll go to the top with the next update" like the last few major updates in the last 2 or so years that dint really do anything? that isnt how a free to play model is going to really succeed financially, with less money means less proper updates and less players which leads to a annoying micro transaction system (i get it, its free but other free games micro transaction are nothing but skins only that succeed far more). oh but they need money yea why do u think ppl leave feedback for them to improve the game so more ppl would want to play that gives the game a more stable income but instead they chose to just follow a hype train for a instant burst of cash from new players rather than just making a well made polished gameplay that can actually keep ppl around. does every feedback make sense? no, some are horrible but when there are so many obvious issues that need to fixed for years, when u have a gameplay loop that fails to keep many others engaged, when you choose hype over actual improvements to your core systems, and choose to let it fly by your shoulder then of course this is whats going to happen. ppl leave not cuz they need to "take a break", ppl leave cuz they are tired of being able to predict that nothing is ever going to change for the better when the base gameplay loop isnt that well designed in many ways after thinking this game has "potential" for 6 straight years. 

whats going to sustain the life cycle of warframe? im pretty sure no one really cares about that anymore, cuz ppl made their choice and this is how the game is now. its too late for feedback, many ppl tried it and left, many ppl got fed up and left. its been literal years of feebacks and even warning on what not to do for many concurrent issues that even devs admitted on existing but chose to add mini games over tackling them. i know i sound extremely negative but thats the reality of the current state and thats how its been for many other ppl, if you enjoy the game though dont think this is me saying you arent allowed to enjoy the game if anything keep playing if you do enjoy it. however for ppl like me, i think the expectation is seeing a well polished version of warframe hit its toll and that some of that investment went in for nothing, thats why even despite several millions of registered users but only a concurrent of what 30k rn while everyone else just walks away.

• Like 3

Howl all you want, you will never have sustainable content!

As long as the development of content  keep continuing down this path of once every year huge update (all eggs in one basket), then sustainable content will always be a myth.

This happens every year close to big content release for Christmas, players get impatient for content and the endless cycle continues. Quite funny always when you think about it.

PS: I'm not complaining I just hope railjack updates every month like they said in japan atlas prime showcase.

Edited by (NSW)Katsuro
  • Like 3