Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Partners Leaving how does warframe fare?

(PSN)sweatshawp

*drought

Another Content Drought topic.  Maybe these topics count as sustainable content. 🙂

DE is transforming the game and they are very well aware of this issue, they have addressed it multiple dev streams.  Thing is - they are committed to a plan - software development doesn't turn on a dime.  Give them time and I expect this issue to get better, hell, the whole nemesis system is built around adding replayable depth to the game so there is already evidence they are doing this. 

• Like 7

http://leyoutech.com.hk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/2019-Inteirm-en.pdf
Note: Leyou is the parent group of DE

This refers only to the first half of this year. In page 6, we have the following

"The monthly active users and the average concurrent users of the game (warframe) increased by 9.7% and 9.6% respectively during the Reporting Period as compared to the previous period in 2018"

I won't be too worried to be honest.  Warframe player numbers has always been known for its cyclical manner, taking into consideration of their financial activities (increased asset, reduced debt/liabilities, increased spending in marketing... etc), I would say the company as a whole is doing fine, and since warframe constitutes most of their revenue, I won't worry too much about the player numbers right now, at least until we see the overall report of 2019. (which imo, would be really nice if empyrean is as good as advertised) 

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

just letting others know the situation of whats happening atm

You mean, you're telling other people what you seem to think or have deduced, its a theory at best, not an announcement. So, what are you trying to do?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crasharr said:

You mean, you're telling other people what you seem to think or have deduced, its a theory at best, not an announcement. So, what are you trying to do?

I'm going to answer with your own question, or a part of it...

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

or are you just blurting out a brain fart?

that part!! yes, also, that part...

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

its not a theory if its factual 

What about for someone that just started playing the game now? It’s hardly factual when it only really applies to some people. I don’t deny that there is one, nor does DE. Why does the content ‘draught’ matter though? DE is still making money, and people can go play other games just fine (hey, D2 is free now).

16 minutes ago, ikkabotz said:

Avg players logged in and max players logged in are most close to September 2017. Another way to compare it if that doesn't register, extend the graph to "all" and view the curves. They will trend up next month, as normally a new frame is available to pull in players. Switch to the graph, it's the most telling of tendencies as you can see it's on a downward arch long term. 

You don't see a long term downward trend you see a number of players last month leaving which as has already been mentioned is probably down to destiny 2 being released f2p. Also if you go to the 1 month graph and look at Oct 1st for some reason steam is recording that nobody played at 18:00 which insistently is the time I usually start playing so it should have at least 1 player.

Just now, krc473 said:

What about for someone that just started playing the game now? It’s hardly factual when it only really applies to some people. I don’t deny that there is one, nor does DE. Why does the content ‘draught’ matter though? DE is still making money, and people can go play other games just fine (hey, D2 is free now).

becuz its not a sustainable way to develop a game in the long run and yeah everyone can play other games but that doesn't solve the problem though once you come back to the next content drop

1 minute ago, Troposphere6 said:

You don't see a long term downward trend you see a number of players last month leaving which as has already been mentioned is probably down to destiny 2 being released f2p. Also if you go to the 1 month graph and look at Oct 1st for some reason steam is recording that nobody played at 18:00 which insistently is the time I usually start playing so it should have at least 1 player.

Shh, don't try to correct them. It's funnier to watch them mishandle stats.

2 hours ago, ikkabotz said:

Should there be concerns? What would cause a dip in numbers like this, as they've seen a 38% drop from their last peak in players and the average number of players is the lowest since September 2017?

Source, Steam Charts:

https://steamcharts.com/app/230410

What sustains the lifespan of Warframe moving forward in the life cycle of development?

You should stop adding this BS to the table as we all know that you give only stats about steam not overall players 

This happend in the past and iam saying it again 

you don't have the numbers to give an 100% accurate opinion

Review the real numbers then add it back to this page

Such an easy way to say things if you only have an part of the story straight

I'd argue that we're objectively not in a content drought. DE has shifted to a model where we're at least getting drip-fed content through Nightwave acts every couple of weeks. Just because they haven't put up the intermission yet, doesn't make this a drought after only a few days. Maybe complain if they take 5 months to get the next actual Nightwave episode out AND they haven't released any new quests and such 😛 Also note, if you've been keeping up, they very much intend to push out a mainline by the end of the month, which is why they're in no-hotfix-going-dark mode. Wouldn't consider this a drought at all, way too early to call it that imo.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

becuz its not a sustainable way to develop a game in the long run and yeah everyone can play other games but that doesn't solve the problem though once you come back to the next content drop

Wow, you're an expert in marketing and long time sales aswell as software development and content planning and content development? Amazing you still have time to play games after you're done being a forum troll...

Edited by Crasharr
  • Like 1

I think not only Destiny 2 is taking players, but Borderlands 3 as well at a moment when we don't have new content in warframe, and Nightwave 2 is finished since a few weeks for a lot of players, since they are no goals to continu to play it (15 nightwave credits aren't, umbra forma could have been for sure).

Edited by Alpha56
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

How many games have you developed, and do you have a degree in software development?  Just wondering if you are making actual informed commentary or if your the guy sitting on the sideline eating crackers and throwing out 'wisdom from the masses'.   It's not just developing sustainable content that keeps a game - and more importantly the company making that game - alive and kicking.  DE let's us get a peek at whats in the pipeline - and I'm thinking to many people see that as unfettered access to the inner workings of the company, and that they have enough information to make informed commentary.     

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

If it isn't sustainable why has it worked for this long? It isn't like the game is suddenly failing. The game is going fine, why worry?

• Here is a strange idea: DE do actually know what they are doing. 
  • Like 1

hace 2 horas, (PS4)drollive96 dijo:

It's just part of a normal cycle, the numbers will probably  go back up once we get a major update , its always been like this 

I wish It really do, but I have been talking to other players about Railjack and frankly, they aren' t that interested in Railjack(me included), of course they are gonna try it, but super low expectations tho.