Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Partners Leaving how does warframe fare?

(PSN)sweatshawp

I don't particularly mind, warframe stages like these are perfect to catch up and fill my suplies with tradable items so that if any grind come i'm able to skip it using platinum.

If a particular frame for example is about to come out but hasn't, then all i need to do is play the equivalent gameplay now and then when the warframe becomes available, i can simply access the market.

Each player is responsible for their own game, it's fine not to play.

I personally don't mind, i'll just keep playing as always, more or less randoms don't really make a difference to me, players quit and take breaks all the time, i personally could care less about other players and how they choose to spend their time.

This seems like a niche game anyways: it seems way too intelligent for the average Call of Duty type of crowd. That's why I like it, though.

There are a lot of games out there like that. You're either gonna get on the boat or not. I hot walls in the game and I overcame them because I had the desire and drive to.

I dont think DE or players should feel bad because every random person isn't latching on to the game.

There were always be dedicated players and ultra-casuals anywhere.

There were games I just didnt put the time into and nothing would have made me, and there were multiple games I played for 4 to 7 years and nothing would have made me stop.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MPonder said:

Why people are given any credit to railjack/empyrean, I saw nothing there, it just looked cool and that is it, just how Warframe is, but gameplay, well, it was bad. That kuva lich fight wasn't nothing special too.

then why keep playing a bad game if you like nothing at tennocon 2019? nothing is gonna change ya mind in the future if you dont even like that in warframe

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

then why keep playing a bad game if you like nothing at tennocon 2019? nothing is gonna change ya mind in the future if you dont even like that in warframe

Am I wrong? Things looked cool, but the missions I saw were done by simple face rolling easy enemies, there was no good fight. It is just moving what is bad that people already pointed on surface missions to space ones.

9 minutes ago, MPonder said:

Am I wrong? Things looked cool, but the missions I saw were done by simple face rolling easy enemies, there was no good fight. It is just moving what is bad that people already pointed on surface missions to space ones.

DE is probably keeping difficulty in the sentient tileset

Get to addressing core issues affecting the preservation of very foundations to the game resurfacing in player experiences. Last dev stream the creative directive team talked about change and pushing the envelope very pragmatically within the DE team. I don't feel like they meant a word they said. I'd challenge them to really do it. Increase scope, execute more in releases and release more often. Break that status quo affecting the game people have loved for years. There's a gold mine of info already available on improvements.

It starts with the creative team respecting what's said more seriously in the forums and captured in player experiences. I want them to pause and really let that sink in. They (meaning those who sit on the couch every dev stream primarily responsible for all creative direction and development) mention the forums being a microcosm to the greater community at large and to take their responses only with a grain of salt. But get in the game talking with players more seriously about what's going on and pushing intentions to tackle issues every release from the leads drawn in forum trends. Let's be real about it. There are plenty of outstanding issues dying on the vine over and over again and most of that dies with no intentions from creative leadership. I'm tired of the more obvious quagmires in the awareness of the community at large being neglected from those responsible for creative development from the very top. There's some real dissonance from the Creative Director and the players. The truth hurts, but sometimes it needs to be said for a healthy change. I credit Rebecca for asking Steve some uncomfortable questions last stream. His avoidance and irritation could be felt, but honestly sometimes those spear heading the entire project need to be challenged where it's genuinely needed...I love this game, I love the players, the people who have created it, the entire process— but it's time for that change they so cautiously mentioned in dev stream. Not for money, but for the love of Warframe and what its future will be. There are signs left, right, and center signaling needed change I think more than consciously embedded in the awareness of everyone who loves this game. It's past the talking and moved onto the doing (hasn't it been for quite awhile now???).

Edited by ikkabotz

14 hours ago, (PS4)FastestKnight said:

Sure, let's see today's (Tuesday) numbers at the moment.

67fd045ff8faf37bd3ceb8c10d58f998.png

Meh, I guess people went back to the Warframe car. Let's see how it...

7f73bb5399dad164d9a93780daa28c38.png

oh

Anyways, I see lots of "Destiny" stuff around but I wonder why no one has mentioned Untitled Goose Game as one of the main reasons of the WF debacle. 

And your point being, aside from not understanding the numbers?

I mean, you have it there, grey on dark-ish blue grey and still dont understand it. OK let me explain it really simple.

Concurrent players means the avarage across the day, including peak hours. That means Destiny 2 is sitting at 164k concurrent players, with peak hours includes. The number under the "peak today" simply means the highest 1-time number of the day. Last week the concurrent number was around 200k, with 1-time peaks higher than that.

This results in the game having lost around 25% percent of the concurrent players over just a week and more so since the release just over 2 weeks ago.

My point was also never implying they went back to WF, since we all know WF is in between patches currently. My point is, Destiny 2 can barely hold their numbers for a measly 2 weeks after a massive relaunch and a new expansion being out to attract oldies. If things continue to go the way they do for Destiny 2, it will end up the exact same as on Bnet, no matter if it is free to try or having no activision behind them. Activision has already been hung out as the reason why Destiny 2 failed, personally I think the root of the problem goes far deeper and more internal than that. Most of the issues lie with Bungie, since they are still very much there along with some new.

edit: And also, Steam alone is never an indication of WF or several other games and their player numbers, because several games on steam are available through standalone and other launcher platforms aswell, Destiny 2 isnt.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Transformations and overhauls need to happen in games at some point, 2019 is simply that year for WF. This whole year has been mostly about overhauls, reworks and improvements, both in regards to in-game systems aswell as the graphics. We've still gotten a fair deal of content in addition to DE improving the foundation for smoother future releases.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

And your point being, aside from not understanding the numbers?

I mean, you have it there, grey on dark-ish blue grey and still dont understand it. OK let me explain it really simple.

Concurrent players means the avarage across the day, including peak hours. That means Destiny 2 is sitting at 164k concurrent players, with peak hours includes. The number under the "peak today" simply means the highest 1-time number of the day. Last week the concurrent number was around 200k, with 1-time peaks higher than that.

This results in the game having lost around 25% percent of the concurrent players over just a week and more so since the release just over 2 weeks ago.

My point was also never implying they went back to WF, since we all know WF is in between patches currently. My point is, Destiny 2 can barely hold their numbers for a measly 2 weeks after a massive relaunch and a new expansion being out to attract oldies. If things continue to go the way they do for Destiny 2, it will end up the exact same as on Bnet, no matter if it is free to try or having no activision behind them. Activision has already been hung out as the reason why Destiny 2 failed, personally I think the root of the problem goes far deeper and more internal than that. Most of the issues lie with Bungie, since they are still very much there along with some new.

edit: And also, Steam alone is never an indication of WF or several other games and their player numbers, because several games on steam are available through standalone and other launcher platforms aswell, Destiny 2 isnt.

Destiny seems steady at around 175k at least. https://steamcharts.com/app/1085660#1m

Warframe, players log in and they log right off. https://steamcharts.com/app/230410#1m

Want to know when someone is whining? When they give no solution. Stating there is a content drought and not also providing your opinion on the solution to it, is called whining.

When I came into the game I figured out it was a collecting game with a story embedded somewhere inside, and you had to jingle the box a lot to get all the stuff out. Once you complete the star chart and collect all the things...you passed the game. Congrats. Move on. Just like all the games we passed through our lives, yet we go back and continue to replay them.

Warframe is that game for me. I completed what I set out to do and now just enjoy playing the game. Its gorgeous, fun in short bursts, then I can move on with my life. 

Seems to me you weren't satisfied by your humble brag to MR27 and are now in a mind set of forever hungry for something that will never fill you.

The man in an all you can eat buffet crying out "where's the content" after eating all the food.

Edited by PyreFox
typos

6 minutes ago, PyreFox said:

Want to know when someone is whining? When they give no solution. Stating there is a content drought and not also providing your opinion on the solution to it, is called whining.

There's this entire forum system filled with player ideas. There's a entire office space in London Ontario known as Digital Extremes with over 300 employees. There's a entire community that existed to teach players the raids in Warframe. There's Warframe content creators that have shown multiple good ideas in the past. 

Simply because the person you currently don't like doesn't an idea, doesn't mean nobody else does. 

As for the whole MR27/free buffet thing. Well, a book might take Stephen King well over 200 hours to write. Does it take just as long to read? I'm well into MR27 myself. Did it take me 5 years to get it? No. it took a year and half. Most players aren't into the MR grind either. 

Edited by Fire2box

10 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Destiny seems steady at around 175k at least. https://steamcharts.com/app/1085660#1m

Warframe, players log in and they log right off. https://steamcharts.com/app/230410#1m

It is still a considerable amount of lost players for such a new game. The actual peaks are also getting shorter and shorter during weekday play. Weekends may very well still hold up, but we are in the end talking about a game that is barely 2 weeks old and struggle to keep players interested.

You cannot really compare it to games that are over six years old, in between content patches and during a year that seems to be mostly focused on overhauls and a new big game mode addition. Let just wait and see how well Destiny 2 actually does in their new home a month or so down the road when everything isnt smelling like fresh roses. It looked good very early on back on Bnet aswell, that lasted for about a month before people gave up on it. Currently Destiny 2 has pretty much everything going for it in order to attract players. It is completely new on Steam, "free" to play and with a brand new expansion out. It doesnt seem to help it much though.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is still a considerable amount of lost players for such a new game. The actual peaks are also getting shorter and shorter during weekday play. Weekends may very well still hold up, but we are in the end talking about a game that is barely 2 weeks old and struggle to keep players interested.

You cannot really compare it to games that are over six years old, in between content patches and during a year that seems to be mostly focused on overhauls and a new big game mode addition. Let just wait and see how well Destiny 2 actually does in their new home a month or so down the road when everything isnt smelling like fresh roses. It looked good very early on back on Bnet aswell, that lasted for about a month before people gave up on it. Currently Destiny 2 has pretty much everything going for it in order to attract players. It is completely new on Steam, "free" to play and with a brand new expansion out. It doesnt seem to help it much though.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Destiny 2 is holding onto 160k players at all times. If you see those drastic dips, those are when Bungie took the servers offline for fixing stuff. So many people rush back in afterwards the servers get bogged down with the requests. Also yeah 160k as a low is well over 100k less then 290k at launch. 

The same can be said for Warframes player peak of like 137k with Fortuna release but recently the game dipped to 18k. That's a far worse ratio, isn't it?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

This seems like a niche game anyways: it seems way too intelligent for the average Call of Duty type of crowd. That's why I like it, though.

It seems "way to intelligent" because DE doses a shockingly bad job at guiding players. Take a brand new player to warframe who's played video games before and watch how they put on rather bad mod configurations early on, if they even can understand the system. 

5 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. Destiny 2 is holding onto 160k players at all times. If you see those drastic dips, those are when Bungie took the servers offline for fixing stuff. So many people rush back in afterwards the servers get bogged down with the requests. Also yeah 160k as a low is well over 100k less then 290k at launch. 

The same can be said for Warframes player peak of like 137k with Fortuna release but recently the game dipped to 18k. That's a far worse ratio, isn't it?

Yes, but you are completely ignoring peak hours, that time of the day when most people tend to play. Those have gotten far shorter and with less players playing aswell. But as I said, wait a month or two to actually see how it fares.

In WF's case it is just the nature of F2P. You can see the same numbers with other actual F2P titles. It is also the nature of a 6 year old game, which just cannot be compared to a completely new one. The funny thing is that WF patches bring more players to the game than Destiny 2 could attract during a fresh release and an expansion for older players. For instance, the Fortuna peak resulted in roughly a total of 300k players across the PC platform. Just as specific leagues in PoE attracts up towards 500k players on PC. These kinda games live on these ups and downs. There are no restrictions to hold people back that wanna rejoin. The same cant be said about the future of Destiny 2 unless they change their business model and turn it into a real free to play game instead of this expansion selling jig they have going. People will not come back and try it if they need to throw money at it every time.

I wouldnt be all that suprised if Destiny 2 numbers drop as harshly on Steam as they did on Bnet, with Forsaken being handed out shortly after for free. I mean they did it the last time they struggled after a release.

29 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

"give us what we want when we want it or I'll point out bad stats and make post about how your game is dying and destiny is so much better"

Literally is your own slanted translation. You deserve an A+ for your effort. I've made ZERO mention of Destiny and in fact find it more irrelevant than anything. No mention of the game dying either. Come back when you can do better. People like you are part of the problem you so ironically try to mock. Interpretive delirium begins when man is lost in the forest of symbols...People like you haphazardly try to derail topics where you fear change. Particularly where it's one threatening your own perspective. Actually, you normally do better with your responses. I'll assume this is a one and done. Care to elaborate more on your "feelings"?

Don't twist post responses from others with my original intentions which were intended for open and broad interpretation from folks...this has been a fairly robust topic up to this point. Would appreciate it if we can keep it that way. Regardless, everyone should have their say...including YOU (sneers and grovels, wrinkles nose scoffs in your general direction). lol. 

Edited by ikkabotz
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

As I said before, D2 is in early adoption phase.

We can analyse all we want of this quick dropping, but a significant amount of the drop off will be people trying it for the first time and genuinely not liking it. It's not so much an indication of how well the game as a whole can hold interest as much as just reality throwing people at its wall and seeing what sticks. A lot of people weren't ever going to stick.

Warframe has similar trends. Around Warframe's famous 'most players ever', it quickly dropped off before a slower, more consistent decline that was more similar to an existing  trend. It's too early to truly tell with Destiny, just as short-term spikes for Warframe don't necessarily change that much.

Check back in a month - that will tell you the real score.

Just now, Loza03 said:

As I said before, D2 is in early adoption phase.

We can analyse all we want of this quick dropping, but a significant amount of the drop off will be people trying it for the first time and genuinely not liking it. It's not so much an indication of how well the game as a whole can hold interest as much as just reality throwing people at its wall and seeing what sticks. A lot of people weren't ever going to stick.

Warframe has similar trends. Around Warframe's famous 'most players ever', it quickly dropped off before a slower, more consistent decline that was more similar to an existing  trend. It's too early to truly tell with Destiny, just as short-term spikes for Warframe don't necessarily change that much.

Check back in a month - that will tell you the real score.

New players seem to have a really hard time enjoying the New Light setup. Many just want to experience the story and live the progression life but get shoved into the middle of the endgame grind really with no explaination regarding anything.

Likely it will go as it did on Bnet, with a slightly higher new player influx since it is now "free" to pick up. I think it will struggle to keep people though, just as it did there and struggle to attract people to come back to it since you need to pay for everything that is new -ish along with pretty much zero content releases outside of the payed ones.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

New players seem to have a really hard time enjoying the New Light setup. Many just want to experience the story and live the progression life but get shoved into the middle of the endgame grind really with no explaination regarding anything.

Likely it will go as it did on Bnet, with a slightly higher new player influx since it is now "free" to pick up. I think it will struggle to keep people though, just as it did there and struggle to attract people to come back to it since you need to pay for everything that is new -ish along with pretty much zero content releases outside of the payed ones.

I'm going to call an ELMO on Destiny (Enough Let's Move On). I don't want this to start becoming a thread on Destiny. Not that I have any control over things, but I can pretend can't I? Whatever though, if Destiny is the cards so be it...but wanted to put my two cents in XD. 

Edited by ikkabotz