Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Partners Leaving how does warframe fare?

(PSN)sweatshawp

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

Have you ever tried this? I have, people do not appreciate it at all. Many people are unwilling to compromise because they believe their idea is fine as it is. As a result everyone is dismissive towards them. Try being dismissive and try being helpful, dismissive is often met with a more positive response (at least in my experience).

Do you think it will actually work like this though? I am MR27 and I couldn’t care less. DE would have to give out free things (cosmetics, weapons etc) for me to feel like it mattered. Then you will get people crying about ‘the massive grindwall’ to get X/Y/Z fancy thing(s). DE cannot possibly incentivise it without loads of complaints, which may cause DE to give mediocre trash - I.e. abandon the incentive part.

Admittingly I have done both and I see no true justice in being dismissive! I’ve found that taking someone’s idea and building upon it can create something great if we can unify and do it!!!

as for the MR not everyone is going to be satisfied I’ve realized that scouring the forums. But I can generally say once they can set a reward for players who have been through the grind wall that is moderately fair. Again I don’t believe that everything should generally be accessible to everyone but that’s just my op

In my opinion youtubers are the last people to say anything about warframe

Especially AGGP

They're talking about content that are worth making a 10 minute video about

Not content that we necessarily like or want

Even for someone who just talked about this topic yesterday...it's getting quite repetitive 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

In my opinion youtubers are the last people to say anything about warframe

Especially AGGP

They're talking about content that are worth making a 10 minute video about

Not content that we necessarily like or want

Even for someone who just talked about this topic yesterday...it's getting quite repetitive 

I don’t believe that our ccs only care about the revenue from the videos being made that’s a quite shy  way to think of things here. But I understand why people feel that way. And yes it’s getting repetitive but it’s a serious topic to many and myself included with the state of the game not being okay right now

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I don’t believe that our ccs only care about the revenue from the videos being made that’s a quite shy  way to think of things here. But I understand why people feel that way. And yes it’s getting repetitive but it’s a serious topic to many and myself included with the state of the game not being okay right now

Quite shy

MrWarframeGuy

BetterNamePending

All the meme channels are exceptions...they find content through their humor

And i do agree with you on the next part

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Rob talks about content drought.

Imo, his talks on this are probably being fueled by new content in Warframe being the main source of income for him and other Warframe partners on Youtube. Lack of new content in the game means lack of new content on your channel, which tilts your channel quickly towards being out of a job. A lack of new stuff is upsetting to players in general, but it bears additional connotations to content creators.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Doomsday for you

Because you expect to always see positive responses, and always agree to everything DE does

Some people are not happy with the game

And they come here to post their feedback on why they're not happy with the game 

I'm not happy because i don't feel any progression at all, for a game like warframe i expect to get constant feel of progression, that feel usually comes with the continuity of quests, lore, and more visual content

And while also getting revamps and overhauls to older mechanics in warframe like Ai, damage, melee

And while we do get that...they never listen to feedback and just do what they think is good for us

That's why i come back here, because i'm not happy

You should know that by now

If you aren't happy with the game, just leave and come back when the content is "on par".

There are some different "truths" out there:

• If you play 1-2 hrs per day, Warframe in it's current state will last you at least a couple of years before you have done "everything". And during that time DE will probably have created another year's worth of content. For any computer game, that can only be defined as "massive". But if you play 8 hrs per day you will run through the content much faster, and if you are only interested in some parts of the game faster still. And if you are prepared to put mucho money into the game to reduce the grind, you can go to MR27 quite quickly.
  • A lot depends on personality and playstyle. Content-wise there is an enormous difference between running through weapons and warframes from a "MR-fodder"-perspective and actually testing everything (or most things) out. Using even half of the available weapons with "real" builds (testing different builds including lots of forma'ing, and in some cases acquiring and rolling rivens) takes hundreds of hours. The same with all warframes, if not more. Combining weapon damages and effects, warframe & abilities with arcane procs will add hundreds of hours more. But if all you are interested in is getting to MR27 using a META build you will (happily) miss out on all this. 
  • The better gear and more experience you have, the faster you run through game content. This has been quite evident since the PoE, as any new addition of anything has lead to griping on the forum and elsewhere just a week (or days) later in the form of "was this all there was!?". The math is inescapable: months of game development gets swallowed up by a certain group of high-level players in days = it would be impossible to keep them satisfied in any case. Adding to that is the fact the high-level players use less real money, which is actually needed to keep the game rolling on. And that the addition of new content quickly generates negative feedback (instead of positive).

So which player group should DE actually aim for? The critical, never-satisfied high-levels with a low threshold for griping (feeling entitled to getting more by having reached the "end"), or the new to midlevel players who still find the game bewilderingly huge and new stuff interesting?

Personally I find the players "always" griping about stuff (somehow trying to empower themselves?) just dumb. For instance, after every update/patch/addition to the game there seems to be a race on to quickly spew negative comments about what didn't get fixed. Why? I also find the META-fixation quite daft, especially the YT-brigade testing out new weapons and frames and comparing them to the current best builds, classifying them as either "META"-worthy or MR-fodder. Most of them also complaining about "power creep", seemingly without understanding that they are one of the driving forces behind the power creep. But what I most dislike about the META-fixation is that there is a rich, complicated, interesting and fun underbelly of Warframe that gets completely missed when focusing solely on META.

There is a difference between "more" and "new". More of the same is just "more", while "new" adds something that hasn't existed in the game previously. Personally I (of course) always like "more" game content (especially high-level stuff), who wouldn't like more warframes/companions/weapons, more loot, more mods adding possibilities. But what I really NEED is more "new". Adding 99 orb bosses to Orb Vallis would be just "more", even if they all have different names, abilities and lore. Adding disruption (or arbitration, or ESO) to the game was partly "more", partly "new". Empyrean might, on the other hand, bring more "new" than just "more" 🙂. I hope it does. Because I need it 🙂.

Edited by Graavarg

3 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

There are some different "truths" out there:

• If you play 1-2 hrs per day, Warframe in it's current state will last you at least a couple of years before you have done "everything". And during that time DE will probably have created another years worth of content. For any computer game, that can only be defined as "massive". But if you play 8 hrs per day you will run through the content much faster, and if you are only interested in some parts of the game faster still. And if you are prepared to put mucho money into the game to reduce the grind, you can go to MR27 quite quickly.
  • A lot depends on personality and playstyle. Content-wise there is an enormous difference between running through weapons and warframes from a "MR-fodder"-perspective and actually testing everything (or most things) out. Using even half of the available weapons with "real" builds (testing different builds including lots of forma'ing, and in some cases acquiring and rolling rivens) takes hundreds of hours. The same with all warframes, if not more. Combining weapon damages and effects, warframe & abilities with arcane procs will add hundreds of hours more. But if all you are interested in is getting to MR27 using a META build you will (happily) miss out on all this. 
  • The better gear and more experience you have, the faster you run through game content. This has been quite evident since the PoE, as any new addition of anything has lead to griping on the forum and elsewhere just a week (or days) later in the form of "was this all there was!?". The math is inescapable: months of game development gets swallowed up by a certain group of high-level players in days = it would be impossible to keep them satisfied in any case. Adding to that is the fact the high-level players use less real money, which is actually needed to keep the game rolling on. And that the addition of new content quickly generates negative feedback (instead of positive).

So which player group should DE actually aim for? The critical, never-satisfied high-levels with a low threshold for griping (feeling entitled to getting more by having reached the "end"), or the new to midlevel players who still find the game bewilderingly huge and new stuff interesting?

Personally I find the players "always" griping about stuff (somehow trying to empower themselves?) just dumb. For instance, after every update/patch/addition to the game there seems to be a race on to quickly spew negative comments about what didn't get fixed. I also found the META-fixation quite daft, especially the YT-brigade testing out new weapons and frames and comparing them to the current best builds, classifying them as either "META"-worthy or MR-fodder. Most of them also complaining about "power creep", seemingly without understanding that they are one of the driving forces behind the power creep. But what I most dislike about the META-fixation is that there is a rich, complicated, interesting and fun underbelly of Warframe that gets completely missed when focusing solely on META.

There is a difference between "more" and "new". More of the same is just "more", while "new" adds something that hasn't existed in the game previously. Personally I (of course) always like "more" game content (especially high-level stuff), who wouldn't like more warframes/companions/weapons, more loot, more mods adding possibilities. But what I really NEED is more "new". Adding 99 orb bosses to Orb Vallis would be just "more", even if they all have different names, abilities and lore. Adding disruption (or arbitration, or ESO) to the game was partly "more", partly "new". Empyrean might, on the other hand, bring more "new" than just "more" 🙂. I hope it does. Because I need it 🙂.

In fact more older players are inclined to spend more in the game myself included buying Mesa rhino zephyr chroma volt the 2019 tennocon pack the booster packs on PS4 because I do have genuine love for the game. And most of my vet buddies do as well. Most of my friends list daunts players who’ve been playing longer then me and have spent way way way more money. So the ideology that new players is where all the money is at isn’t all that true! And me and a lad had a discussion on a another form where he said the game at is core is broken so people would never be satisfied which I agree! I feel as if DE were to go back and fix the base issues within the game in terms of how content is made the difficulty of the game and how that scales and much more people would see less “complaining” on the forums

Just now, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

In fact more older players are inclined to spend more in the game myself included buying Mesa rhino zephyr chroma volt the 2019 tennocon pack the booster packs on PS4 because I do have genuine love for the game. And most of my vet buddies do as well. Most of my friends list daunts players who’ve been playing longer then me and have spent way way way more money. So the ideology that new players is where all the money is at isn’t all that true! And me and a lad had a discussion on a another form where he said the game at is core is broken so people would never be satisfied which I agree! I feel as if DE were to go back and fix the base issues within the game in terms of how content is made the difficulty of the game and how that scales and much more people would see less “complaining” on the forums

It's a good enough presumption that DE moves in decisions to where the money is. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

link to the video

Im short I’m interested on how the community feels about his opinion. I know some of you don’t care but can you elaborate as to why you don’t care about people who want more challenge and a better overall foundation for the games endgame or sustainable content to be present. Can you provide a reasons as to why people who offer suggestions or point out issues or have something that they don’t like about warframe that their dismissed and or treated poorly in the forums. Again I’m very curious 

TDLR: Rob talks about content drought. How players who want a challenge feel neglected and  like we don’t matter or have a voice the state of the game where a lot of things are “casualized” so that it may be accessible to everyone. While I do agree that things need to be accessible to players I don’t agree that everyone should have almost immediate access to every thing with little to no effort outright.  And currently a lot of not most of warframes content is pretty much accessible to everyone. Yes they do have MR locks on frames and weapons but being honest there is no true significant difference between a mr 12- and a mr 24 player besides the number that holds and a few extra trades and standing. I personally believe that fixing fundamental issues within the game could help aid that and overall would please everyone. How do you feel about what I just said. And how do you guys feel about the video at hand?

At this stage every partner has the same opinion about the way content is being handled because it's true, all of it, this is more of a experienced player point of view because newer players have allot of content to go through.

8 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

It's a good enough presumption that DE moves in decisions to where the money is. 

While I agree that bills need to be paid.... do people not find this a scummy tactic to only follow the profit and not the longevity of the product. If EA was pulling the exact same thing warframe was going (they’d get a lot less slack from what they’ve been recently doing lol) it’d be all over gaming news 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

While I agree that bills need to be paid.... do people not find this a scummy tactic to only follow the profit and not the longevity of the product. If EA was pulling the exact same thing warframe was going (they’d get a lot less slack from what they’ve been recently doing lol) it’d be all over gaming news 

If EA pulled what DE was doing, they'd get huge praise for their massive improvements in morals and business. Everything in Warframe can be gained by playing the game, even premium currency. I see no issues with the way DE does their updates, and while improvements can be made, improvements could always be made (there's no such thing as a perfect game).

You have to be realistic though. If you aren't generating profit, then there is no value to an investor to support the work. People don't invest to maintain. The last thing everyone wants is for investors to pull out and DE has to axe staff or the entire project itself due to financial constraints. Then you'd have your real content drought. Seeking profit is also a means of longevity in itself and unless you're talking about them implementing systems designed to prey on customers, I don't see a problem.

I'd rather have a game that is still operating 2 years down the road with not every update being catered to my opinions than to have them obey every little complaint and have the game crash after a year.

Just now, Iamabearlulz said:

If EA pulled what DE was doing, they'd get huge praise for their massive improvements in morals and business. Everything in Warframe can be gained by playing the game, even premium currency. I see no issues with the way DE does their updates, and while improvements can be made, improvements could always be made (there's no such thing as a perfect game).

In the forefront yes. But ignoring an entire section of your community. To chase what’s profitable? 

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

No matter how kind DE can appear to be, at the end of a day, they're a company and like they said over the Hema issue the playerbase had with them, they need to think like a company. In a blunt sense, as much as DE care's about you as a player, they care more about your money and the investment you bring/ 

If it keeps the game alive, and as long as DE does not go full on predatory about their monetisation, it's a perfectly acceptable tradeoff. So far, this year had a 2.0% decrease in profits (partly due to the heavy development and lesser updates compared to the 2018 reporting period), so DE needs to pick up the ball when Railjack finally releases, along with The New War.

Longevity, Warframe was never meant to last this long. The game started as a hail mary, and given how haphazard the direction is, it shows that the Dev team is moving from new idea to new idea, and hoping it sticks against the wall. Their vision is good, given the continued support for the game, but the forest is missed for the trees, given how the finer tuned issues (new player experience, endgame, old player retention)  still needs to be addressed. 

Just now, RX-3DR said:

You have to be realistic though. If you aren't generating profit, then there is no value to an investor to support the work. People don't invest to maintain. The last thing everyone wants is for investors to pull out and DE has to axe staff or the entire project itself due to financial constraints. Then you'd have your real content drought. Seeking profit is also a means of longevity in itself and unless you're talking about them implementing systems designed to prey on customers, I don't see a problem.

I'd rather have a game that is still operating 2 years down the road with not every update being catered to my opinions than to have them obey every little complaint and have the game crash after a year.

You see we don’t want our every last whim answered as the devs feed us grapes and we treat them like slaves. We want our opinions and suggestions taken in to consciousness and consideration. We’d like some content that we can’t burn through in a week. Some enemies that don’t get one shot by everything something to test our tasty Rivens and 3-4+ forma builds something to present us with a challenge something to fulfill us. Something like those things I’ve mentioned. And yes we do suggest things while a lot may be crazy I’m sure with the actual help and genuine aid of the community we can refine many ideas and make them viable for the games current state. People refuse to see that however 

Just now, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

You see we don’t want our every last whim answered as the devs feed us grapes and we treat them like slaves. We want our opinions and suggestions taken in to consciousness and consideration. We’d like some content that we can’t burn through in a week. Some enemies that don’t get one shot by everything something to test our tasty Rivens and 3-4+ forma builds something to present us with a challenge something to fulfill us. Something like those things I’ve mentioned. And yes we do suggest things while a lot may be crazy I’m sure with the actual help and genuine aid of the community we can refine many ideas and make them viable for the games current state. People refuse to see that however 

1) Does it match DE's vision?
2) Is it profitable? 

If DE listened to every popular suggestion that was thrown on the forums, the game would be wholly unplayable in its state. Plus, you'll have the segment of 'ignored' player feedback who would cry that DE does not listen to them, which would bring us back to square one. 

3 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

No matter how kind DE can appear to be, at the end of a day, they're a company and like they said over the Hema issue the playerbase had with them, they need to think like a company. In a blunt sense, as much as DE care's about you as a player, they care more about your money and the investment you bring/ 

If it keeps the game alive, and as long as DE does not go full on predatory about their monetisation, it's a perfectly acceptable tradeoff. So far, this year had a 2.0% decrease in profits (partly due to the heavy development and lesser updates compared to the 2018 reporting period), so DE needs to pick up the ball when Railjack finally releases, along with The New War.

Longevity, Warframe was never meant to last this long. The game started as a hail mary, and given how haphazard the direction is, it shows that the Dev team is moving from new idea to new idea, and hoping it sticks against the wall. Their vision is good, given the continued support for the game, but the forest is missed for the trees, given how the finer tuned issues (new player experience, endgame, old player retention)  still needs to be addressed. 

I’m aware of that and completely understand and agree with you DE is a business and they need / care about profit to survive. But we being the consumer have a say in what goes as well. As far as practices goes with the games economy and monetary practices it’s great. Has it’s bads and goods. I feel like I dropped the ball with the ea reference and I do apologize. 

But I don’t think that pushing solely towards only caring from the business side is a good idea again ignoring a portion of your community that truly means no harm is terrible 

The thing that bothered and scares me about de is they are so sporadic with their ideas... if it doesn’t work it just sits in game until.... well until they feel like coming back to it which yes it’s their title and their game they have a right to do whatever they want but the amount of possible sustainable content we already have that just needs touch ups revisits, balancing or more is Insane. Their vision is GREAT their implementation is horrible imo. 

3 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

1) Does it match DE's vision?
2) Is it profitable? 

If DE listened to every popular suggestion that was thrown on the forums, the game would be wholly unplayable in its state. Plus, you'll have the segment of 'ignored' player feedback who would cry that DE does not listen to them, which would bring us back to square one. 

At times it’s very unclear what des vision is. 

And if you can get more players to come back into the game and spend more time playing the game with more sustainable content then there is plenty of potential profit to be made.

again im not saying go with every single popular fourm post but I know In my heart that there are plenty good ideas (admittingly more bad  in this forum) but we can refine every idea and  every suggestion bad or good to help with the production of ideas and possible content. Instead people would rather be cynical entitled or flat out rude to each other. But back to the topic at hand. We as a community can help polish and work on suggestions aid each other and help work and Finalize ideas with content to make it make more sense . Not just put a bad one that’s popular on a pedistol 

I think of us like saitama (one punch man). In the anime he got so strong and over powered that he is basically bored with life. All these big world destroying monsters are nothing but a annoying fly that won't leave him alone , he will destroy them with a single punch and then he is pissed off at himself that it took him only 1 punch.

In a way.  That is us. When we started playing warframe we all wanted to be the most strongest we can be. Best mod setups, arcanes, rivers ect. But. Now that we got out wish, let's be honest we don't know wtf to do. We are basically saitama at this point , so powerful that we long for difficult enemies to give us a sense of joy again.  That I believe is warframes biggest downfall. A lot of features to make us feel powerful but not enough content to satisfy us through it 

But we being the consumer have a say in what goes as well.

Playing devil's advocate, this would only apply to 'fit for purpose' use, and if the content is faulty, then DE has to fix it. So all we're entitled to is no mess up's on our purchases of prime access, platinum, tennogen and market goods. Everything else technically does not apply. 

This of course is the literal black and white view, and while it might be a PR disaster if DE decided to do so, it's still perfectly legal. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

But I don’t think that pushing solely towards only caring from the business side is a good idea again ignoring a portion of your community that truly means no harm is terrible.

You can't gamble metrics on what a small vocal playerbase will demand. The best bet DE can take is to launch a feature, and to see how financially well the year goes to determine if they're doing a good job with the content they release. It's not about harm, but rather sustainability. As a developer, they always need to consider what keeps money coming in, the studio open and salaries paid before they can look at what their fickle playerbase demands. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

]The thing that bothered and scares me about de is they are so sporadic with their ideas... if it doesn’t work it just sits in game until.... well until they feel like coming back to it which yes it’s their title and their game they have a right to do whatever they want but the amount of possible sustainable content we already have that just needs touch ups revisits, balancing or more is Insane. Their vision is GREAT their implementation is horrible imo. 

Now this is where I agree with you. DE has a habit of releasing vertical progression content vs horizontal progression, and that is their biggest mistake and success. Lore is haphazard, and it looks like they never had a planned story or a lore bible to begin with. It's just changes to the story that blindsides you with no set up or anticipation for what could be. 

Similarly, their content is the same. You progress from point A to point B, and once there, you move on to point C. The problem with this is that if you're a player who has farmed all 519 items in game, capped syndicates and the focus tree, there is very little left in player progression than the small things like mods, fashionframe, etc. For new players, sure, there's a ton of stuff to be overwhelmed by. For older players, we log in, get whatever is new, and go back to ignoring the game as it is. 

So at this point, I personally am jaded to where if Warframe was to crash and burn, and shut its servers next month, I would genuinely be fine with that. Warframe is no longer that game where I had a huge sense of excitement over. It's now one of the many I play when I feel like it, or rather, login, consume new content, and ignore till the next interesting update. 

So, are you satisfied?

Are you satisfied for getting frequent and constant complaints about no endgame? While getting zero consensus about what endgame looks like?

Are you satisfied for getting recycled posts without new exciting suggestions like actual well-formed criticism that balances the forum's content drought?

Are you satisfied for getting yearly(sometimes more) short lived interesting idea or analysis threads that end in a few posts?

Are you satisfied for the lack of communication between the unsatisfied vets(i've played other games and the vets were more able to sympathise with less experienced players and understand how it's almost impossible to create content faster than people consume it)

Are you satisfied for how unorganised and messy this criticism turned out to be?

Are you satisfied with some criticism or feedback/suggestions not getting a second look even if other players pointed out obvious flaws and oversights from the OP

If you can answer some of these please do, we'd like to know

Completely unrelated, here's the Wikipedia entry for loaded question

11 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Now this is where I agree with you. DE has a habit of releasing vertical progression content vs horizontal progression, and that is their biggest mistake and success. Lore is haphazard, and it looks like they never had a planned story or a lore bible to begin with. It's just changes to the story that blindsides you with no set up or anticipation for what could be. 

Similarly, their content is the same. You progress from point A to point B, and once there, you move on to point C. The problem with this is that if you're a player who has farmed all 519 items in game, capped syndicates and the focus tree, there is very little left in player progression than the small things like mods, fashionframe, etc. For new players, sure, there's a ton of stuff to be overwhelmed by. For older players, we log in, get whatever is new, and go back to ignoring the game as it is. 

So at this point, I personally am jaded to where if Warframe was to crash and burn, and shut its servers next month, I would genuinely be fine with that. Warframe is no longer that game where I had a huge sense of excitement over. It's now one of the many I play when I feel like it, or rather, login, consume new content, and ignore till the next interesting update.

In regards to your last two paragraphs this is where I’m disappointed and dissatisfied with warframe the most recently. This isn’t okay for us to feel this way. Honestly short of this warframe film I’ve spent the past year I’m working on I have no enjoyment for actual gameplay. I think that they can still monetize the game how they currently are and take time to work on more sustainable and horizontal content. Not just content to put out but take as much time as they need (without saying soon) and work on an expansion that can’t be blown through in a matter of a week. I believe that they can at least work on some rewards and sustainable ideas on the side or in the background rework the game fundamentally so that these issues that me and you and others have with the game can be remedied if not solved. I have high standards for this game because the potential for warframe to be great is high. 

15 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

You can't gamble metrics on what a small vocal playerbase will demand. The best bet DE can take is to launch a feature, and to see how financially well the year goes to determine if they're doing a good job with the content they release. It's not about harm, but rather sustainability. As a developer, they always need to consider what keeps money coming in, the studio open and salaries paid before they can look at what their fickle playerbase demands. 

While I agree that they do need to focus on monetizing the game to keep the studio going DE can do better with this even. Nobody would be upset over the long spans without content if the content in between had enough inside of it to keep players going. I feel like they should take more time to launch content but Add more test it out more add more sustainable factors. De takes ideas from other games I’ve seen. And we’re aware. But it seems as if they only take things that can be either put in a front for a casual audience or something to monetize or add with that. Which isn’t bad or wrong given the business model they have for WF but I’ve yet to see them take an idea for instance would give something more sustainable in the game or take content and add more to it to make it last longer.  As far as the player base again I don’t see to much of anybody here super demanding. (Seriously) i do see a lot of people just wanting more to do with their favorite game and. They are angry upset sad etc which is something I can understand 

21 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Playing devil's advocate, this would only apply to 'fit for purpose' use, and if the content is faulty, then DE has to fix it. So all we're entitled to is no mess up's on our purchases of prime access, platinum, tennogen and market goods. Everything else technically does not apply. 

This of course is the literal black and white view, and while it might be a PR disaster if DE decided to do so, it's still perfectly legal. 

Again I somewhat agree with you in this respect. But if players don’t support the game financially then things have to be taken into consideration. I’m not calling for a boycott of warframe store because that’s asinine and stupid. But we the consumer if we let them know what we don’t like and stop supporting the game financially from a free to play standpoint that seriously hurts the company. I’d never do this though and to this day with every thread that I’ve been seemingly complaining on I still buy plat here and there and get prime access bundles when I choosez