Jump to content
(PS4)sweatshawp

Partners Leaving how does warframe fare?

Recommended Posts

As just an average player cracking skulls for fun and a decent story.  Streamers and youtube celeberties don't mean anything to me.

My day goes on regardless.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-08-24 at 2:08 AM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

You guys are misunderstanding the topic. Partners and content creators leaving the game hurts the publicity of the game 

There's an issue with those CCs that are publicly complaining about the game, especially Life of Rio and AGGP: the lack of content they're complaining about is one dimensional and immature. Their complaints are not speaking for all vets and, because they have a loud bark, it makes it appear as though the situation is "tragic, grim and dire".

The reality is that DE is guilty of being openly transparent to a bunch of players that are beyond the level of spoiled and assume only they should be heard. Endgame exists already but they want more. This game has WAY too many rewards but they want more. It has content galore, in multiple forms for every type of player to get into...but they want more of JUST their favorite type. It's simply obsessed players wanting more drugs to feed their addiction to a game they love. More in point, the content creators in question need the viewcounts and controversy in order to rake in views. Talking and showing recorded replays is simple to do but designing a ground up new system for a 7 year old game...not simple.

All in all, the content creators who leave have made human decisions. Those who threaten to leave or rant constantly are merely using the moment as a means to profit. Take them with a small grain of salt.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

There's an issue with those CCs that are publicly complaining about the game, especially Life of Rio and AGGP: the lack of content they're complaining about is one dimensional and immature. Their complaints are not speaking for all vets and, because they have a loud bark, it makes it appear as though the situation is "tragic, grim and dire".

The reality is that DE is guilty of being openly transparent to a bunch of players that are beyond the level of spoiled and assume only they should be heard. Endgame exists already but they want more. This game has WAY too many rewards but they want more. It has content galore, in multiple forms for every type of player to get into...but they want more of JUST their favorite type. It's simply obsessed players wanting more drugs to feed their addiction to a game they love. More in point, the content creators in question need the viewcounts and controversy in order to rake in views. Talking and showing recorded replays is simple to do but designing a ground up new system for a 7 year old game...not simple.

All in all, the content creators who leave have made human decisions. Those who threaten to leave or rant constantly are merely using the moment as a means to profit. Take them with a small grain of salt.

Well if I may ask may you tell me what content most vets have to do and prove some examples of sustainable content. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

especially Life of Rio and AGGP: the lack of content they're complaining about is one dimensional and immature. Their complaints are not speaking for all vets and, because they have a loud bark, it makes it appear as though the situation is "tragic, grim and dire".

 

ineedthisforreactions GIF

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

There's an issue with those CCs that are publicly complaining about the game, especially Life of Rio and AGGP: the lack of content they're complaining about is one dimensional and immature. Their complaints are not speaking for all vets and, because they have a loud bark, it makes it appear as though the situation is "tragic, grim and dire".

The reality is that DE is guilty of being openly transparent to a bunch of players that are beyond the level of spoiled and assume only they should be heard. Endgame exists already but they want more. This game has WAY too many rewards but they want more. It has content galore, in multiple forms for every type of player to get into...but they want more of JUST their favorite type. It's simply obsessed players wanting more drugs to feed their addiction to a game they love. More in point, the content creators in question need the viewcounts and controversy in order to rake in views. Talking and showing recorded replays is simple to do but designing a ground up new system for a 7 year old game...not simple.

All in all, the content creators who leave have made human decisions. Those who threaten to leave or rant constantly are merely using the moment as a means to profit. Take them with a small grain of salt.

Also jeez why is everyone so aggressive and negative towards warframe CCS

as someone who’s been playing on their old account since 2016 and this account 2017 I can say most of their complaints are valid. Most issues  have been long standing and a lot of things could be fixed.

i wouldn’t say we have a lot of content and rewards. I can argue we have a lot of filler and just gearcheck items. 

As it stands there is no content for a player who’s completeled the starchart really. There isn’t anything that’s challenging because warframe is one big gear check. If you have the mods for the item you need you win... with minimal to no effort .

as far as content all content is mainly tailored for the newer player. Looking at your hours I can assume you still have things to do! Which is great. But a lot of us don’t being that we’ve invested time over the years into this game. May I add not just no lifeing but actually having things to do outside of warframe. It isn’t entitlement at all. But feeling like the game and community you’ve supported for years just to alienate you dosent feel well at all. 

Also of course they aren’t speaking for all vets. We all know this the agenda isn’t them leading a war against players or them forcing you to think like they do. 

Regardless going on youtube and searing content creators and or seeing former ccs and sponsors speak ill isn’t a good look for ANYTHING. 

 

Nobody said making a game was simple as well. Neither is building a following like many of these ccs did. You’re equating apples to oranges as well nobody made that comparison and it’s likley that you haven’t done either so where is your backing to either claim? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Also jeez why is everyone so aggressive and negative towards warframe CCS

Because most of them are only as good as their last video.   Their personality isn't something I would watch outside of warframe.   Yeah..they might be midly entertaining...but so is watching clouds on summer day; and there are lots of summer days with clouds.     So when the walls close in again...you begin to see their real personality shine through when life isn't all sunshine and flowers.  

  • Satisfied 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the playerbase likely doesn't watch warframe videos by these guys.  Especially considering that devstreams aren't watched by everyone and devstreams > any content creator video, because on devstreams they share real things they are working on to put in the game.  Content creators can simply speculate about how X will be reworked this way, some gameplay with some mod loadout that's 'different' in some way, or they can talk about how the game is garbage because content draught since they've put thousands of hours into the game/there really isn't anything of substance left for them to do in all likelihood.  

  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind not everyone is hardcore and needs a challenge.  It can be perfectly fine to play a game just for fun.  Stress relief.  Letting off some steam after a crappy day.

If a person has nothing they want to do there are a plethora of other games and media.  No matter what de creates there will always be someone that wants more.  De has no reason to break themselves in a unwinnable battle.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Now in no means am I asking you to “let youtubers think for you” because I see that in a lot of responses during these topics but. Ask you to give me your opinion of he current state of these things in response to the videos if you’ve watched them 

 

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Also jeez why is everyone so aggressive and negative towards warframe CCS

You asked for others' opinion, then you say everyone is so aggressive and negative so what do you want?

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

as someone who’s been playing on their old account since 2016 and this account 2017 I can say most of their complaints are valid. Most issues  have been long standing and a lot of things could be fixed.

Like what? Balance? Look at them if they won't complain when DE finally able to balance out everything and made the fight last longer than 5 minutes. Isn't that what you want? Enemies that takes more than 5 minutes to die as "challenge"?

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I wouldn’t say we have a lot of content and rewards. I can argue we have a lot of filler and just gearcheck items. 

As it stands there is no content for a player who’s completeled the starchart really. There isn’t anything that’s challenging because warframe is one big gear check. If you have the mods for the item you need you win... with minimal to no effort .

So you want something "challenging"? Wolf of Saturn Six has that template already, should I suggest DE to improve wolf on every other aspect and build bosses based around that? Something that will surely wreck your arse if you stand still even for half second

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Regardless going on youtube and searing content creators and or seeing former ccs and sponsors speak ill isn’t a good look for ANYTHING. 

If things are like this, if I was DE I would cut off all kind of partnership. I don't need people who bite my hand after I feed them

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 844448 said:

 

You asked for others' opinion, then you say everyone is so aggressive and negative so what do you want?

Like what? Balance? Look at them if they won't complain when DE finally able to balance out everything and made the fight last longer than 5 minutes. Isn't that what you want? Enemies that takes more than 5 minutes to die as "challenge"?

So you want something "challenging"? Wolf of Saturn Six has that template already, should I suggest DE to improve wolf on every other aspect and build bosses based around that? Something that will surely wreck your arse if you stand still even for half second

If things are like this, if I was DE I would cut off all kind of partnership. I don't need people who bite my hand after I feed them

It’s not about what’s said it’s about how it’s said lad. And again it’s not really effecting me I’m just like jeez lol why so aggressive.

again. If it’s longer then five minutes and fun vs tedious sure. I’m not opposed to short content I’m opposed to dry and tedious boring content😃. Id prefer engaging more then anything and as of recently the only thing that was remotely engaging was the boss at the end of the night wave .

and sure improving on wolfs template doesn’t mean he’s going to wreck you completely. You’re only assuming I want this to be warframe souls 3. exaggerating  the point by a margin.

I Dont.

But something that isn’t a wet noodle and something that is a invincible monster of mass one shot would be great. A great balance of in between. Something that requires the player to do more then just point and shoot or Nuke something that requires engagement is my point and has been my point in many recent threads.

 

also it’s not really biting the hand at all. Therese nothing in the partner program that prohibits ccs from within it to criticize the game in the way they see fit. Which a lot of them are doing and besides the one Vauban mains video that was seen as a “personal attack to DE” I don’t see anyone stepping out of line. They’ve asked for the criticism and continue to do so on multiple occasion. You can be defending them or trying to blanket them from what they want

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What do people think of when they think of challenge? I think of smart enemies who aren't just complete bullet sponges or one shotters, but have actual strategies, and knowing their strategy gives you an edge. Like a fighting game, you fight against enemies about equal to you, but knowing their skills and plays can help easily defeat them. This doesn't mean it should be for all enemies, just the harder ones.

Edited by (XB1)LordZonut
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'll probably get hate comments for this but I'm being 100% honest as someone with hundreds of hours in this game (700 right now last I checked).

 

The combo of Partners leaving, and Destiny 2's launch is going to absolutely massacre this game if DE doesn't get their s**t together. It's EXTREMELY obvious the thing holding Warframe back is DE is just too small of a company for how successful this game is. There's not enough content because their dev team is so incredibly small. 1-2 pieces of content a year (not including Primes) is absolutely not acceptable for how poor the end game is in this game. DE should be pumping most of the money they make back into the game, hiring developers and expanding, but its very obvious right now that they don't really know how to do that and it shows. 

Edited by WhySoFishy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-08-24 at 8:31 AM, Firetempest said:

DE paying Markiplier for one episode likely brought in more players than all these other fan partners combined.

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WhySoFishy said:

I'll probably get hate comments for this but I'm being 100% honest as someone with hundreds of hours in this game (700 right now last I checked).

 

The combo of Partners leaving, and Destiny 2's launch is going to absolutely massacre this game if DE doesn't get their s**t together. It's EXTREMELY obvious the thing holding Warframe back is DE is just too small of a company for how successful this game is. There's not enough content because their dev team is so incredibly small. 1-2 pieces of content a year (not including Primes) is absolutely not acceptable for how poor the end game is in this game. DE should be pumping most of the money they make back into the game, hiring developers and expanding, but its very obvious right now that they don't really know how to do that and it shows. 

1. Destiny 2 has been good and popular for a year now (since Forsaken). I love both games and play both regularly. Just because people play Destiny doesn't mean they don't play Warframe.

2. DE doesn't have to be a big company to run a successful game. They've done it for near seven years now and Warframe's still in the top 10 even today with the launch of New Light. It's not a big deal because Warframe has its niche.

3. There is far more than 1 to 2 pieces of content a year. If by content you mean "expansion packs," then I'll remind you Destiny takes whole half-years or quarters between each of their expansions.

4. Stop being so doomsday. The game is fine and the numbers show it. Watch the Devstream on Friday; it alone will disprove most of the fears in your post.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warframe has been dying for years, according to some people.  If we ever do get a Zombie apocalypse, I'm heading to DE studios to ride it out.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

This

And can you gauge how many are still err because of It? The retention is just as low as before

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that can save the game is good design choices and happy players. Ccs make no dif if people arent enjoying tha game. Ccs on the other hand do better in terms of their stats when we are. 

The game is gona be fine either way though, its still here after all this time. If rj is the major upgrade to the games core essence that it should be itll be fine. De has to walk the walk though so we will see. 

For me that implies unique ships for each boss to infiltrate and reworked boss fights. Imho, the game has enough warframes and weapons for now, and looks plenty fine. 

With or without ccs, this i think is what is important.  

 

Most ccs just do voice overs over their twitch streams and post them as content.   The few that take time to produce their videos with graphics and different bits of stuff are the better of the bunch. I dont personally think shys humor is all that special but she gets nuff respect from me for having fairly original stuff. I wont miss whothewhatsit and whatchumacallit and ohwhatshisnameagain personally, and i think the game will be fine as is. Hell, it may even help less bopular strims. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Warframe has been dying for years, according to some people.  If we ever do get a Zombie apocalypse, I'm heading to DE studios to ride it out.

According to Game Theory, Canada is the best place to weather out a Zombie Apocalypse.

  • Satisfied 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2019-08-23 at 11:37 PM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I genuinely wanna know how people think the longevity of the game will be with core content creators and streamers putting warframe on the back burner or leaving the game. For reasons that many vets are complaining about (not all but a lot). Such as not enough content no challenge etc. I love this game and I’d hate to see it fade away but it feels like as time goes on it’s getting exponentially worse to say hey I’ve played warframe for an extended period of time. And if you feel like I should just play something else I do... often.... again it’s sad to see the game I love so much and put so much time into go on the decline (in my personal op) and again please don’t spam the comments with Therese plenty things to do in warframe like (help new players fashion frame remove mods to make the game more challenging wait on rail jack) a lot of people are tired of hearing that because... it hasn’t gotten better and a lot of us feel like it won’t. Most of the things all you guys are saying to us we’ve said it to others before until we got to this point where we see warframe for what it is now. Empty and lacking content challenge and from how things are going seemingly longevity.  Sorry for the rambling but how do you all feel about the current state of the game and partners / streamers leaving WF or not focusing on it?

 

TL;DR at bottom. Go there or take critical impact damage from the following wall of text.

 

Streamers/Youtubers what they do for DE:

From a Developers standpoint there was a time when DE desperately needed the coverage and fan base streamers and youtubers provide. I believe that was pretty much when Rebecca went from intern to full time employee because she was one of the people assigned to (i.e. pushed/fought for) the creation of community support features such as the forums and other forms of fan coverage that was needed. While Warframe is no longer anywhere near that level of desperation; as you and others have accurately stated a loss of coverage in those mediums would certainly constitute some level of decrease in possible publicity and result in some measure of loss in new player numbers. The decrease in numbers of actual incoming new players due to that reduction in free publicity is something only DE would know with any measurable of accuracy.

Your reference to "some" (not suggesting it is alot or few just some amount) followers making negative comments towards content reviewers (youtubers/streamers) who are considering dropping Warframe as part of their coverage would suggest that there is still a demand for Warframe related coverage. So if some demand still exists for Warframe coverage, and content reviewers are dropping, then someone will fill the gap to meet the demand.  There is a hidden side benefit of new "content reviewers" replacing older "content reviewers" as time goes on. This is that as content reviewers who outpace the game become burned out and leave, younger generations will replace them. As the game is something new fresh and exciting to them, they will express that in the coverage to their peers.

So yes from a business perspective will the influx of new players drop if the free publicity drops?  Probably but I don't think it will be nearly as much as what people are worrying about.  As far as long time followers leaving the game I think that would have more to do with how fast they burned through existing content, and what they are looking for from the game in comparison to what the game is currently providing.

Personally? I have no use for them. I get more entertainment and enjoyment playing a game and forming my own opinion based on that experince than I do in watching someone else playing a game. I don't dislike them and I understand they serve a purpose for some people but I really don't get anything out of that medium. It's just not my bag baby!

 

Addressing vets and or those who no longer or never found the content challenging enough:

In regards to the lack of content for those players that push through end content faster than it can be released be it by a high level of skill or massive amounts of play I really don't have any answers that I feel you would agree with or even find comforting.

I really wish I did however.  I can understand that feeling when a game you love fails to deliver content at a pace or level you really enjoy; especially when you are at the top of your game. I only had that feeling in two games maybe but I do understand the addiction and elation just before you bash in that final challenge and the game suddenly feels pointless.

Unfortunately I have also seen the results when a game company begins to tailor their content around those who so easily outpace the content and the underlying systems were not originally designed with that intent.  I think this is one of the biggest issues behind implementing more challenging content and where my personal feelings on the matter would completely diverge from your own. 

To me the game was built around a few core aspects, A free to play shooter looter with visuals comparable to AAA games, keeping out the P2W aspects ensuring that anything tied to progression could be achieved through game-play (they do have a few things they need to fix before I would consider that statement entirely true), parkour mechanics in combat, and feeling like a powerful space ninja on an almost god like level.

Out of the core aspects listed above being a looter shooter with a horizontal design rather than a vertical one, feeling like a space ninja with almost godlike power and parkour mechanics is what truly makes this game special to me. I will admit saying such sounds selfish and it is.  I don't expect many would agree with me that these are things that should remain. We are all selfish I believe to some degree about the things we care about as we should be.

"Play something else" is in all honestly the only answer there really is for anyone who no longer finds enjoyment from a game they used to love and in which the developers decisions only appear counter to any future enjoyment.  It is not an answer I ever wanted to accept but have had to many times over the years because the only true way to make your voice be heard in regards to such a scenario is to impact their bottom line either by removing your funds or decreasing the population count they show to investors.

It is the same answer I too will eventually be forced to accept when the game is no longer enjoyable for me.

I really wish I had better advice to those of you facing serious burn out.

 

Personal take on the State of the Game:

I think it is fine. HA!

Yes DE sometimes frustrates me with their buggy patches. However they do work on fixing these things even if it isn't on a schedule I would like.

Yes there are missions, an factions, and game content I either completely avoid or just don't care to do. (Conclave, Arbies, Kuva missions, Disruption missions, Orb Mother and above all vent kids) But the fact is I am happy DE has implemented those aspects over the years; because I know there are others who really enjoy them and may actually be the only thing keeping some players around.  Just because I don't like it doesn't mean others don't.

While I may not enjoy those things I do however understand that if I really buckle down and spent 6 month to a year working on them (I don't get to play often) I could eventually get through them (other than conclave) with my limited skill level. (Yes there are some people that currently find it impossible to complete certain content as hard as that sounds to believe)

So yes I get frustrated sometimes and while I believe that there are many things that could be changed to increase my enjoyment of the game...

I am satisfied.

If I wasn't I would take a break like I did from when raids came out and guilds owned solar rail rights, until my return this last March and come back to a whole new game.

 

So...TL;DR. Because honestly it was too long.

While I understand that a reduction in content reviewers, such as youtubers and streamers, can result in a loss of free advertising I am not worried in the least about a reduction in the longevity of the game due to a reduction in that advertising. This is because until DE really borks their game completely (which almost every game does at some point) the demand for content review/coverage will continue to exist and the younger generation will continue to replace those in the older generation who drop out.

State of the game?

Players who enjoy churning through content on the bleeding edge or faster will almost always hit the brick wall of burn out.  Players who tend to go to slowly will almost always become frustrated with difficulty at some point or become bored although this may be many years down the road.  Players who enjoy pacing themselves will enjoy themselves for greater periods.

Developers have to balance the creation of content between these three based upon where the majority of players (or income spending players) reside within the game. If they are smart they base this around the statistical information only they are completely privy to as well as the vision of the game they seek to provide.

Putting all the eggs in one of those baskets however only ensures reduced longevity.

 

Live long, game hard, and always voice your perspective when your enjoyment is at risk.

 

 

Edited by Aesthier
  • Satisfied 2
  • Applause 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Aesthier said:

 

TL;DR at bottom. Go there or take critical impact damage from the following wall of text.

 

Streamers/Youtubers what they do for DE:

From a Developers standpoint there was a time when DE desperately needed the coverage and fan base streamers and youtubers provide. I believe that was pretty much when Rebecca went from intern to full time employee because she was one of the people assigned to (i.e. pushed/fought for) the creation of community support features such as the forums and other forms of fan coverage that was needed. While Warframe is no longer anywhere near that level of desperation; as you and others have accurately stated a loss of coverage in those mediums would certainly constitute some level of decrease in possible publicity and result in some measure of loss in new player numbers. The decrease in numbers of actual incoming new players due to that reduction in free publicity is something only DE would know with any measurable of accuracy.

Your reference to "some" (not suggesting it is alot or few just some amount) followers making negative comments towards content reviewers (youtubers/streamers) who are considering dropping Warframe as part of their coverage would suggest that there is still a demand for Warframe related coverage. So if some demand still exists for Warframe coverage, and content reviewers are dropping, then someone will fill the gap to meet the demand.  There is a hidden side benefit of new "content reviewers" replacing older "content reviewers" as time goes on. This is that as content reviewers who outpace the game become burned out and leave, younger generations will replace them. As the game is something new fresh and exciting to them, they will express that in the coverage to their peers.

So yes from a business perspective will the influx of new players drop if the free publicity drops?  Probably but I don't think it will be nearly as much as what people are worrying about.  As far as long time followers leaving the game I think that would have more to do with how fast they burned through existing content, and what they are looking for from the game in comparison to what the game is currently providing.

Personally? I have no use for them. I get more entertainment and enjoyment playing a game and forming my own opinion based on that experince than I do in watching someone else playing a game. I don't dislike them and I understand they serve a purpose for some people but I really don't get anything out of that medium. It's just not my bag baby!

 

Addressing vets and or those who no longer or never found the content challenging enough:

In regards to the lack of content for those players that push through end content faster than it can be released be it by a high level of skill or massive amounts of play I really don't have any answers that I feel you would agree with or even find comforting.

I really wish I did however.  I can understand that feeling when a game you love fails to deliver content at a pace or level you really enjoy; especially when you are at the top of your game. I only had that feeling in two games maybe but I do understand the addiction and elation just before you bash in that final challenge and the game suddenly feels pointless.

Unfortunately I have also seen the results when a game company begins to tailor their content around those who so easily outpace the content and the underlying systems were not originally designed with that intent.  I think this is one of the biggest issues behind implementing more challenging content and where my personal feelings on the matter would completely diverge from your own. 

To me the game was built around a few core aspects, A free to play shooter looter with visuals comparable to AAA games, keeping out the P2W aspects ensuring that anything tied to progression could be achieved through game-play (they do have a few things they need to fix before I would consider that statement entirely true), parkour mechanics in combat, and feeling like a powerful space ninja on an almost god like level.

Out of the core aspects listed above being a looter shooter with a horizontal design rather than a vertical one, feeling like a space ninja with almost godlike power and parkour mechanics is what truly makes this game special to me. I will admit saying such sounds selfish and it is.  I don't expect many would agree with me that these are things that should remain. We are all selfish I believe to some degree about the things we care about as we should be.

"Play something else" is in all honestly the only answer there really is for anyone who no longer finds enjoyment from a game they used to love and in which the developers decisions only appear counter to any future enjoyment.  It is not an answer I ever wanted to accept but have had to many times over the years because the only true way to make your voice be heard in regards to such a scenario is to impact their bottom line either by removing your funds or decreasing the population count they show to investors.

It is the same answer I too will eventually be forced to accept when the game is no longer enjoyable for me.

I really wish I had better advice to those of you facing serious burn out.

 

Personal take on the State of the Game:

I think it is fine. HA!

Yes DE sometimes frustrates me with their buggy patches. However they do work on fixing these things even if it isn't on a schedule I would like.

Yes there are missions, an factions, and game content I either completely avoid or just don't care to do. (Conclave, Arbies, Kuva missions, Disruption missions, Orb Mother and above all vent kids) But the fact is I am happy DE has implemented those aspects over the years; because I know there are others who really enjoy them and may actually be the only thing keeping some players around.  Just because I don't like it doesn't mean others don't.

While I may not enjoy those things I do however understand that if I really buckle down and spent 6 month to a year working on them (I don't get to play often) I could eventually get through them (other than conclave) with my limited skill level. (Yes there are some people that currently find it impossible to complete certain content as hard as that sounds to believe)

So yes I get frustrated sometimes and while I believe that there are many things that could be changed to increase my enjoyment of the game...

I am satisfied.

If I wasn't I would take a break like I did from when raids came out and guilds owned solar rail rights, until my return this last March and come back to a whole new game.

 

So...TL;DR. Because honestly it was too long.

While I understand that a reduction in content reviewers, such as youtubers and streamers, can result in a loss of free advertising I am not worried in the least about a reduction in the longevity of the game due to a reduction in that advertising. This is because until DE really borks their game completely (which almost every game does at some point) the demand for content review/coverage will continue to exist and the younger generation will continue to replace those in the older generation who drop out.

State of the game?

Players who enjoy churning through content on the bleeding edge or faster will almost always hit the brick wall of burn out.  Players who tend to go to slowly will almost always become frustrated with difficulty at some point or become bored although this may be many years down the road.  Players who enjoy pacing themselves will enjoy themselves for greater periods.

Developers have to balance the creation of content between these three based upon where the majority of players (or income spending players) reside within the game. If they are smart they base this around the statistical information only they are completely privy to as well as the vision of the game they seek to provide.

Putting all the eggs in one of those baskets however only ensures reduced longevity.

 

Live long, game hard, and always voice your perspective when your enjoyment is at risk.

 

 

I love the critical and well thought out response to this man! I appreciate your opinion on the topic and it’s great! But here’s what I think and feel personally.

Coverage:

In short I do agree people aren’t leaving my actual amounts and I understand that these things happen over time with many content creators. It’s been very few I’ve seen disgruntled at a game to the point where they leave or drop coverage like this. I can’t speak for everyone on that note but when you have some of the bigger content creators leaving and expressing their reasons as to why they are leaving and making many videos talking about the lack of content etc it’s a bad look. Searching warframe on YouTube yields “why warframe youtubers are quitting” “warframe kinda sucks right now” and “can this get any worse warframe” in the top 50 and a couple weeks ago it was worse. Anyone going on YouTube to see this and see these videos could be turned off from the game completely and hearing these things can affect the already low retention/ publicity the game has/wants. Hearing or seeing paid sponsors talk about wf and why they don’t/ aren’t covering it anymore in a not so positive light isn’t positive as well. While again I agree that metrics about this is something only DE knows right now it’s still not good for any company to face this. And while we don’t have an accurate number to call on we can see from steam charts (and console is about steam charts combined between PS4 Xbox and pc at peak) that the retention is still low as it was before over the past year wf has been In steady decline in active players having the highest influx of players be 131,000 last year around this time. It hit 115 this year at max. It’s been steadily going down month by months with minimum gain. One can Inference the games retention off of these numbers. While everyone dosent use steam for warframe so adding a cool 10-20k to this number may help a bit it’s STILL not a good sign if active players is gradually going down. 

I agree that. I have no pure “use” for them as well. But I do enjoy some of the ccs videos like grind hard morgamus videos and I think rio is genuinely entertaining. I also have love hate relationship with rob because girllllllllll his fashion frame is on point (me and rob have similar styles in fashion frame )  and I can understand a lot of people not needing ccs for warframe but the hate and disrespect towards them isn’t really warranted as well. Even before they started making videos and or leaving they’ve been treated so badly amongst the community.

 

Lack of content:

 

warframe hasn't always been like this which is why some long standing players are upset. A lot of the games enemies today were different and had some difficulty to them compared to what they are now. Even rollers were somewhat of a threat even if by little. They were any enemy type that could be an issue if you weren’t engaged in the game. Warframe has been without balance for a while now. 

and DE themselves has admitted that. The lack of balance from the Devs has created what we currently have as warframe. Which I do enjoy to an extent. But now engagement is low! Very low in a lot of warframes current content combined with retention still being very low.

They’ve let the community get used to a lot of things that I think they didn’t intend to. (Look at melee and how it worked before other reworks and other balance changes) (look at recent reworks and nerfs towards the players etc ) 

they are slowly trying to rebalance the game for more engaging content  

now to respond to players wanting high skill S+ tier content I really don’t think it’s true. I believe a lot of us just want some content that can match up to the current level of power / gear we have. And if not have more content that is engaging that requires is to be more attentive to the game because as of late I have no need to be focused playing warfame even on some of the more “ challenging” content as it’s no real threat.

 

also many of us would not consider this addiction or “we play warframe hardcore 24/7 nonstop” A majority of us do play other things. At this point a lot of us don’t grind through content hardcore or at a super godlike level how people expect. I think that there is a major disconnect on how people see us asking for more content or because we’ve done everything we have no content.

most of us are regular players who simply have time invested in the game. At this point being that I currently own every renown pack on PS4 and I buy prime packs here and there along with I can probably just sell things in my foundry to get most of what I want it’s no true progression anymore for us. We have the gear to do the content in the game quickly even without effort. People telling us to nerf ourselves is something that many find unwarranted because “if you’ve put in the work for a weapon frame or your arsenal in general why not use it”

The games current direction is skewed towards micro transactions and while I can say currently warframe is in the top 3 most well done f2p titles in this. I think someone said it best if you have an option to pay to skip profession then somethings not as good as perceived (me being hypocritical with all my 90+ boosters on since earlier this year from prime access packs.)

Telling someone to “leave the game if they don’t like it vs “hey I see what your saying maybe you should take a break or put the game down if you think these things are warranted “ come out completely different. And while I understand the second sounds better a lot of us don’t hate the game and a lot of us don’t want to change warframe completely we just would like our part of the community to be recognized. A lot of us are disappointed in the current state of the game and to be frank a lot of us have taken the advice of playing something else. It still dosent feel right to come back and be able to burn through content so fast. I can take a long hiatus and because of the fact that my aresonal is so huge over the years of playing the new content is completely trivial no matter what I do. (I even got to  a point where I’m able to take out eidlyons with ash and found a cheesy way to do damage as Saryn with them ) I don’t believe I’ve seen any game or played a game with such a flat progression like this.

Next I don’t feel like a lot of people are asking warfame to just and only tailor content towards the endgame. But adding proper balance to the game in general and adding an endgame for a lot of players would suffice. Rather then having a section of your community feeling left out. We’re not screeching make the game harder for everyone. But because of the current state of balance it may seem like it. We’re asking for more engaging or challenging content. (And while a lot of us don’t know what challenge or difficulty from warfame we can’t exactly give you a concise answer because like you said we all have a personal bias towards warfame whether it be small or big. The thing is though through proper balancing we would love the gamemode) 

 

current state of the game

 

i don’t think it’s bad but it’s not great either. We’re pretty much in a stagnant spot right now because of the lack of content currently. And I’m all for de taking their time with content ! I encourage it! But recently waiting a quarter + for only 1-2 weeks worth of content feels bad. Personally I don’t think I should be punished or crucified by the community because I’ve.... played the game like everyone else and I’m just able to progress through things almost instantly because of my time played along with my arsenal from that. (I see a lot of that going on and I’m not sayin you’ve done that at all!) 

i just don’t think warfame will sustain itself for as long as I wanted it to only catering to the demographic that it’s going with right now. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I love the critical and well thought out response to this man! I appreciate your opinion on the topic and it’s great! But here’s what I think and feel personally.

Coverage:

In short I do agree people aren’t leaving my actual amounts and I understand that these things happen over time with many content creators. It’s been very few I’ve seen disgruntled at a game to the point where they leave or drop coverage like this. I can’t speak for everyone on that note but when you have some of the bigger content creators leaving and expressing their reasons as to why they are leaving and making many videos talking about the lack of content etc it’s a bad look. Searching warframe on YouTube yields “why warframe youtubers are quitting” “warframe kinda sucks right now” and “can this get any worse warframe” in the top 50 and a couple weeks ago it was worse. Anyone going on YouTube to see this and see these videos could be turned off from the game completely and hearing these things can affect the already low retention/ publicity the game has/wants. Hearing or seeing paid sponsors talk about wf and why they don’t/ aren’t covering it anymore in a not so positive light isn’t positive as well. While again I agree that metrics about this is something only DE knows right now it’s still not good for any company to face this. And while we don’t have an accurate number to call on we can see from steam charts (and console is about steam charts combined between PS4 Xbox and pc at peak) that the retention is still low as it was before over the past year wf has been In steady decline in active players having the highest influx of players be 131,000 last year around this time. It hit 115 this year at max. It’s been steadily going down month by months with minimum gain. One can Inference the games retention off of these numbers. While everyone dosent use steam for warframe so adding a cool 10-20k to this number may help a bit it’s STILL not a good sign if active players is gradually going down. 

I agree that. I have no pure “use” for them as well. But I do enjoy some of the ccs videos like grind hard morgamus videos and I think rio is genuinely entertaining. I also have love hate relationship with rob because girllllllllll his fashion frame is on point (me and rob have similar styles in fashion frame )  and I can understand a lot of people not needing ccs for warframe but the hate and disrespect towards them isn’t really warranted as well. Even before they started making videos and or leaving they’ve been treated so badly amongst the community.

 

Lack of content:

 

warframe hasn't always been like this which is why some long standing players are upset. A lot of the games enemies today were different and had some difficulty to them compared to what they are now. Even rollers were somewhat of a threat even if by little. They were any enemy type that could be an issue if you weren’t engaged in the game. Warframe has been without balance for a while now. 

and DE themselves has admitted that. The lack of balance from the Devs has created what we currently have as warframe. Which I do enjoy to an extent. But now engagement is low! Very low in a lot of warframes current content combined with retention still being very low.

They’ve let the community get used to a lot of things that I think they didn’t intend to. (Look at melee and how it worked before other reworks and other balance changes) (look at recent reworks and nerfs towards the players etc ) 

they are slowly trying to rebalance the game for more engaging content  

now to respond to players wanting high skill S+ tier content I really don’t think it’s true. I believe a lot of us just want some content that can match up to the current level of power / gear we have. And if not have more content that is engaging that requires is to be more attentive to the game because as of late I have no need to be focused playing warfame even on some of the more “ challenging” content as it’s no real threat.

 

also many of us would not consider this addiction or “we play warframe hardcore 24/7 nonstop” A majority of us do play other things. At this point a lot of us don’t grind through content hardcore or at a super godlike level how people expect. I think that there is a major disconnect on how people see us asking for more content or because we’ve done everything we have no content.

most of us are regular players who simply have time invested in the game. At this point being that I currently own every renown pack on PS4 and I buy prime packs here and there along with I can probably just sell things in my foundry to get most of what I want it’s no true progression anymore for us. We have the gear to do the content in the game quickly even without effort. People telling us to nerf ourselves is something that many find unwarranted because “if you’ve put in the work for a weapon frame or your arsenal in general why not use it”

The games current direction is skewed towards micro transactions and while I can say currently warframe is in the top 3 most well done f2p titles in this. I think someone said it best if you have an option to pay to skip profession then somethings not as good as perceived (me being hypocritical with all my 90+ boosters on since earlier this year from prime access packs.)

Telling someone to “leave the game if they don’t like it vs “hey I see what your saying maybe you should take a break or put the game down if you think these things are warranted “ come out completely different. And while I understand the second sounds better a lot of us don’t hate the game and a lot of us don’t want to change warframe completely we just would like our part of the community to be recognized. A lot of us are disappointed in the current state of the game and to be frank a lot of us have taken the advice of playing something else. It still dosent feel right to come back and be able to burn through content so fast. I can take a long hiatus and because of the fact that my aresonal is so huge over the years of playing the new content is completely trivial no matter what I do. (I even got to  a point where I’m able to take out eidlyons with ash and found a cheesy way to do damage as Saryn with them ) I don’t believe I’ve seen any game or played a game with such a flat progression like this.

Next I don’t feel like a lot of people are asking warfame to just and only tailor content towards the endgame. But adding proper balance to the game in general and adding an endgame for a lot of players would suffice. Rather then having a section of your community feeling left out. We’re not screeching make the game harder for everyone. But because of the current state of balance it may seem like it. We’re asking for more engaging or challenging content. (And while a lot of us don’t know what challenge or difficulty from warfame we can’t exactly give you a concise answer because like you said we all have a personal bias towards warfame whether it be small or big. The thing is though through proper balancing we would love the gamemode) 

 

current state of the game

 

i don’t think it’s bad but it’s not great either. We’re pretty much in a stagnant spot right now because of the lack of content currently. And I’m all for de taking their time with content ! I encourage it! But recently waiting a quarter + for only 1-2 weeks worth of content feels bad. Personally I don’t think I should be punished or crucified by the community because I’ve.... played the game like everyone else and I’m just able to progress through things almost instantly because of my time played along with my arsenal from that. (I see a lot of that going on and I’m not sayin you’ve done that at all!) 

i just don’t think warfame will sustain itself for as long as I wanted it to only catering to the demographic that it’s going with right now. 

Even if DE balance everyone out, people will still have reasons to not playing every single mode no matter how challenging it is. From "no reward to collect" to "tedious and boring"

The reason why warframe is a game that many like is because there's no "vertical progression" where you leave the game makes your gear obsolete and left far behind. You can leave for decades and your gear won't be obsolete and it's a fine thing. Not everything must be a vertical progression grind and treadmill where you fall behind if you stop but stagnant no matter how hard you run

Also, the "content" people keep throwing left and right, what is it actually? At best all I see is grind for the best perks before people start saying there nothing to do. You want content? Alright, let's suggest more, and by more, I mean a mountain of RNG upon RNG and constant enemy buff so no matter how hard you try, you have to get the best RNG roll and keep grinding for more power to be able to stay relevant, even just to capture teralyst fast enough. There, you have your content and progression, or, find a game that people keep playing even with no regular content update that doesn't involve RNG, massive grinding, or PvP for DE to take note

  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WhySoFishy said:

I'll probably get hate comments for this but I'm being 100% honest as someone with hundreds of hours in this game (700 right now last I checked).

 

The combo of Partners leaving, and Destiny 2's launch is going to absolutely massacre this game if DE doesn't get their s**t together. It's EXTREMELY obvious the thing holding Warframe back is DE is just too small of a company for how successful this game is. There's not enough content because their dev team is so incredibly small. 1-2 pieces of content a year (not including Primes) is absolutely not acceptable for how poor the end game is in this game. DE should be pumping most of the money they make back into the game, hiring developers and expanding, but its very obvious right now that they don't really know how to do that and it shows. 

Why on earth would Destiny 2 have any impact on WF whatsoever? It will become free-to-try, nothing more, nothing less. It didnt make a dent on WF when it initially released on battle.net, it didnt make a dent when it was given out for free a few months later, it will not make a dent now either. It is a different type of game, it has a very different monetization model. Warframe is 100% free (or close to it given that you have to get slots in some way) while Destiny 2 is simply a demo that requires you to spend and spend again in order to get anything out of the game, especially when we start talking endgame. Not only that, but it will also have payed seasons, where a paying player will have a big advantage over those that dont pay. This will depend alot on how much of a season is granted through expansion purchases. Still, you need to pay to keep playing worthwhile content.

People just keep burping out new "WF killers" with every single new game on the horizon. We've heard it with Dest2, Anthem, Div2 and now with Dest2 a second time around. When will people realise that most games that will release wont have what people seek in WF? Dest2 and Anthem share a sci-fi universe with WF and that is about it.

I'm also not quite sure where you get the 1-2 content pieces a year from. Last year we had around 5 or so of different sizes. That is a content piece every 2-3 months, that is pretty regular for any game, even sub based ones like WoW where you get either a content addition each quarter or third of a year. Sure they are larger in WoW, but people also pay monthly and new player focus isnt as big as keeping vets.

This year we've had alot of revamps and system reworks along with a few new content additions. Those need to happen at times aswell and add more opportunities to the game in the future for a better development cycle. And dont forget that we get one expansions sized (roughly) each year in WF, where most other games have years between expansions, expansions that also arent free.

  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well with recent updates they clearly showed selling cosmetics is clearly more viable than pushing actual content into the game.

So no creators leaving doesn't matter as long there are people constantly buying tennogen.

Most warframe players don't even care that much about content creators to begin with since all of them will just be doing same rehashed video. Coz that's the only thing you can do content wise with warframe.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

Well with recent updates they clearly showed selling cosmetics is clearly more viable than pushing actual content into the game.

So no creators leaving doesn't matter as long there are people constantly buying tennogen.

Most warframe players don't even care that much about content creators to begin with since all of them will just be doing same rehashed video. Coz that's the only thing you can do content wise with warframe.

Tennogen has near zero impact on content development though. Tennogen isnt made by DE, it is made by workshop users over Steam and then just finalized by DE. The time spent by DE on tennogen is taken from the character artist department, those that design new frames, weapons, enemies and so on, there is no logic or reason why it would have any impact on new content aside from a slightly delayed (planned or otherwise) design for a new enemy type that goes with the new content. Not to mention that tennogen brings in far less money to DE than any other costume because they are bought directly from Steam for real money and a good chunk of it goes directly to the creator behind it instead of DE.

  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So DE started to dial back swag and incentives for content creators because the return is next to nothing this late in the games life. And they move onto other opportunities.

Big deal?

YouTube and twitch is all paid for. No one's making videos for "fun" anymore.

I hear Bungie is hiring shills judging by all the "suddenly destiny isn't S#&$" videos in my feed lately.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...