(PS4)sweatshawp

Partners Leaving how does warframe fare?

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Tennogen has near zero impact on content development though. Tennogen isnt made by DE, it is made by workshop users over Steam and then just finalized by DE. The time spent by DE on tennogen is taken from the character artist department, those that design new frames, weapons, enemies and so on, there is no logic or reason why it would have any impact on new content aside from a slightly delayed (planned or otherwise) design for a new enemy type that goes with the new content. Not to mention that tennogen brings in far less money to DE than any other costume because they are bought directly from Steam for real money and a good chunk of it goes directly to the creator behind it instead of DE.

It doesn't impact them yes. But tennogen and deluxe skins have been like most of the new content added and all actual content added has been really bad filler buying time till empryan update. Also if you think DE is not making money of those you are sorely mistaken. Creators get nothing from console sales of those.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

It doesn't impact them yes. But tennogen and deluxe skins have been like most of the new content added and all actual content added has been really bad filler buying time till empryan update. Also if you think DE is not making money of those you are sorely mistaken. Creators get nothing from console sales of those.

Even though there may be bad fillers (depending on taste) it still doesnt mean it isnt actual content. It has been pretty decent in size considering railjack in on the way and in development. And of course creators dont get anything from console sales, it would be impossible to track and hand out the right amount since it is bought for plat there. They do however get a large cut on PC. I'm also fairly sure the cut on PC is higher to make up for the lack of a cut on consoles.

13 minutes ago, JilloftheJungle said:

and lastly, these long winded rants about game content...
there is enough to keep any average person busy. if you are that much of a gamer,

try to remember how complex code gets, specially once you are re scripting re modelling replacing graphics throughout
anyone who can code/script knows it sometimes feels impossible to get a project finalized and pushed out of dev mode.

i really appreciate the work put into this game, as i know myself how complicated coding some of these functions into games, can be.
and i think if you all took up coding/scripting/graphics&game design, you'd agree wholeheartedly.

and for those of you who think you can do better, i am sure they are taking APPLICATIONS/ PORTFOLIOS / RESUMES, etc.
throw yourself into the fray, and let's see what kind of content some of YOU end up creating for the community! LOL hahahaHAHA!

I love I love the argument of coding.

what languages do you speak?

I speak java c# c++ Ruby on Rails python and html 

i also play around and mess around with a lot of source codes and open codes from games along with coding as well.Tried to make a massive projected by myself and got majorly burnt out. 

The thing is most of us are average gamers and have completed most of the content in game. Can you please list the current amount of content or things I can do as a player for 3+ years? I’m sure I can counter it. 

But you don’t have to be a coder dev to be disgruntled or understand. Once you release a product to the public and you’re monetizing the product a lot more goes into it besides coding.  

As as far as tennogen being content? No and also if so it’s content made by the community and not the devs. Also tennogen never goes away so your argument here is?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Tried to make a massive projected by myself and got majorly burnt out. 

And you think DE is not majorly burnt out when their efforts get bashed down?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Can you please list the current amount of content or things I can do as a player for 3+ years? I’m sure I can counter it. 

It's more on you. If you can counter list the current amount of content or things you can do as a player for 3+ years, you will have more excuses to not play a single part of the game so you might want to ask yourself what makes you play warframe in the first place as your motivation

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

I'd like to mirror something XandyPants said on stream at some point and point out that it's perfectly okay for some veteran content creators to feel disillusioned with the current version of the game compared to when they first started because it's fundamentally a different game now, not to mention they've played for wayyyy too long without a break. Sometimes the game has dry periods and that's fine, because there's tons of other stuff out there to play, gives you some breathing room to do just that and such.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

ive checked a few of those CC's who "left". they still make warframe videos as if nothing happened. so yeah. 

while content creators are definitely important for a game, warframe has plenty enough to ignore a few losses, especially when those content creators are just wf based anyway (their viewership is mostly people who play this game anyway, they werent really adding much to our new player count)

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Chicadino said:

I'd like to mirror something XandyPants said on stream at some point and point out that it's perfectly okay for some veteran content creators to feel disillusioned with the current version of the game compared to when they first started because it's fundamentally a different game now, not to mention they've played for wayyyy too long without a break. Sometimes the game has dry periods and that's fine, because there's tons of other stuff out there to play, gives you some breathing room to do just that and such.

I'm not a content creator, but Warframe is the only PVE games-as-service model that I keep returning to. I sometimes go back to the PvP ones like League of Legends or Apex Legends, but this is the only PVE one that I've stuck with over the years. Sure, I take breaks, but something always ends up drawing me back in unlike other games.

I've played Destiny, Destiny 2, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, FFXIV, Black Desert Online, and probably others that I'm just not remembering. These were all fun games but I eventually had my fill and moved on. But for some reason, I keep coming back to Warframe. I honestly wish I could stop caring about this game because there are a lot of other games I'm missing out on 😅

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, 844448 said:

And you think DE is not majorly burnt out when their efforts get bashed down?

It's more on you. If you can counter list the current amount of content or things you can do as a player for 3+ years, you will have more excuses to not play a single part of the game so you might want to ask yourself what makes you play warframe in the first place as your motivation

I’ve never stated they weren’t not saying they aren’t.

and again on multiple occasion I’ve told to you my reasons as to what I think of the current state of the game why I play etc in multiple threads brother. And my reasons behind x y and z

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, IIDMOII said:

I hear Bungie is hiring shills judging by all the "suddenly destiny isn't S#&$" videos in my feed lately.

In fairness, Bungie apparently has made the game pretty good by now (I wouldn't know, I stopped playing D2 before Curse of Osiris, and I still haven't forgotten or forgiven all of Bungie's antics in Year 1).

12 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

I'm not a content creator, but Warframe is the only PVE games-as-service model that I keep returning to. I sometimes go back to the PvP ones like League of Legends or Apex Legends, but this is the only PVE one that I've stuck with over the years. Sure, I take breaks, but something always ends up drawing me back in unlike other games.

I've played Destiny, Destiny 2, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, FFXIV, Black Desert Online, and probably others that I'm just not remembering. These were all fun games but I eventually had my fill and moved on. But for some reason, I keep coming back to Warframe. I honestly wish I could stop caring about this game because there are a lot of other games I'm missing out on 😅

I'm in the same situation (substituting the MMOs for more shortform games), and I imagine it's simply because Warframe has a general game flow that just feels good to play. Balance is all over the place, but I have never had another game that made me feel in control of my character as intuitively as this one.

Maybe it's the fact that there are next to no restrictions on chaining movement skills (Bullet jump into a side-roll into a double jump into a wall-hop, to name a basic example).

• Upvote 3

Why should I care about content creators I don't, nor will I ever, watch?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

Honestly I could name only one WF youtuber I would miss.

All the others are just making videos on "how this weapon works" and "how this frame works" in the most unimaginative way. 

I remember there was a guy who made "this is how to get xy in 2019" and "how to play xy in 2019" videos and whatnot. Like what the #*!%? (Looked it up, it was iflynn)

And I also kinda hate them because mostly they are the ones who create angry mobs for no good reason. *KHM* Tactical Potato *KHM*

Edited by JackHargreav
  • Upvote 1

Just like anything in life, humans eventually begin to turn on a product, get tired of a product or start to overly obsess about a product. The latter is most of the CC's problems. 5-7 Years is a very long time...a VERY long time..to play a single game. I'm just as guilty of it. The gameplay is just unmatched, IMO, so it's difficult to jump into another game without coming back to Warframe. 

The second issue is now that the CCs have gained a sizable viewer count and monetization has taken effect, the core of their content has to be based on maintaining and increasing that count. That, combined with the above mentioned human traits, begins the greed based dilusion of not enough content. The sense of urgency to create vids, streams and controversy for profit is just like a drug addiction and the CC no longer cares about how toxic they become.

OF COURSE ITS NOT ALL OF THEM.

That said, you can clearly see just how comfortable some of them are when it comes to the bashing, disguised as "constructive criticism". Every high end game goes through this. The only difference is that DE is the first free to play dev to enter this toxic territory. They're doing a great job of handling the stress  of it though, so kudos to them!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Corvid said:

In fairness, Bungie apparently has made the game pretty good by now (I wouldn't know, I stopped playing D2 before Curse of Osiris, and I still haven't forgotten or forgiven all of Bungie's antics in Year 1).

I'm in the same situation (substituting the MMOs for more shortform games), and I imagine it's simply because Warframe has a general game flow that just feels good to play. Balance is all over the place, but I have never had another game that made me feel in control of my character as intuitively as this one.

Maybe it's the fact that there are next to no restrictions on chaining movement skills (Bullet jump into a side-roll into a double jump into a wall-hop, to name a basic example).

I haven't either.  I forgave them for D1 because it was something new in the industry but I could see potential.  D2 was a waste of that potential and goodwill.   Now it just feels like the same loop as D1.  I'm not sure the people who got in late on D2 actually understand the history of the franchise.    Thus...D2 is dead to me...done.   However, I will give D3 a look but it will be with super cautious,wait for ACG/Skillup Review, type caution.  

1 hour ago, JilloftheJungle said:

if tennogen never goes away, where do i get the saryn skins?

You can purchase Tennogen skins through a steam install of warframe. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JilloftheJungle said:

if tennogen never goes away, where do i get the saryn skins?

You just search in the Market for Saryn or go into the TennoGen category.

Better yet, you can also just preview and purchase skins for a Warframe when you are customizing them in Arsenal. Just go to the Helmet or Skin categories and you'll see them.

Edited by Scruffel

Should there be concerns? What would cause a dip in numbers like this, as they've seen a 38% drop from their last peak in players and the average number of players is the lowest since September 2017?

Source, Steam Charts:

https://steamcharts.com/app/230410

What sustains the lifespan of Warframe moving forward in the life cycle of development?

Edited by ikkabotz
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 6
  • Upvote 11

I'm no expert, but it probably has something to do with Destiny 2 becoming free to play. They share a genre (and thus a demographic), and I'm sure there are tons of people who were interested in Destiny 2, repelled by the crazy-high price of the base game and its immediate DLC, and now want to finally try it.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

It makes sense. Its felt like theres been little added to the game to gague peoples interests in a long time. I, like perhaps others, are probably still interested but its been months since anything hapoened i vaguely cared about.

Weve basically had nightwave. A tileset remaster which is a great ground work to improving the overall quality of the game but not really content, some warframes, weapons, a game mode that i havent really played since it released and stopped after a day or two when i got the weapons and gauss parts. Im probably missing some stuff but that goes to show how little engagement ive had despite really wanting to be.

I dont play that much because of work and school and i could probably play through the last 5 or so months of content in a week.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Upvote 9

Warframe experiencing it's usual "nothing to do until next update" and Destiny recently being free to play. Give it about a 3-6 months to determine for certain that the drop would warrant concern.

Edited by NekroArts
  • Upvote 8

There are other games that've released recently, and for WF Railjack and New War are on the horizon. So no this isn't a cause for concern, people are playing other games until there's new content.

• Woah 2
  • Upvote 3

No wonder, there's nothing to do right now. It'll go right back up once Railjack drops (whenever that is).

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

No wonder, there's nothing to do right now. It'll go right back up once Railjack drops (whenever that is).

And down and lower than before after the first month, if Railjack follows the open world formula that is.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

I'm no expert, but it probably has something to do with Destiny 2 becoming free to play. They share a genre (and thus a demographic), and I'm sure there are tons of people who were interested in Destiny 2, repelled by the crazy-high price of the base game and its immediate DLC, and now want to finally try it.

Not to mention a portion of the people who came to Warframe because of D2's abysmal launch may now be going back because the game they were trying to emulate is now not awful!

It is an unusual situation and potentially concerning, but not to the point of 'OH NO GAME DYING'. It's quite likely that this will instead reinvigorate DE to start doing what they really do best - innovating.Fortuna was, for better or worse, at best an iteration on PoE. And, I mean, Wisp, Hildryn, Gauss are indicative that they're experimenting - these frames don't work on all the same rules older frames do in various ways. Wisp's invisibility isn't anywhere near as infinite as Ivara's or Octavia's, Gauss needs to run all the time, and Hildryn doesn't even work on the same energy economy as other frames.

• Like 2

It's because their big fall update hasn't gone live yet (empyrean.)  Once that goes live player numbers will shoot right back up.  People are also in school now so that cuts into numbers.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

A) Warframe doesn't have much in the way of enjoyable sustainable content. 

B) Nightwave is a toxic system that causes some players to psychologically attach to it.  If they can't progress in Nightwave, there is no reason for them to play the game they feel.  I know because I am one of them, even though I consciously recognize this phenomenon I just flat out lack the will to play now, just like last season after I hit rank 30 and didn't come back until mid season 2.

C) They pin all player hopes and expectations around mainline updates.  Not to mention the only real gameplay Warframe has: Grinding new frames,  and the once in a blue moon new quests.

D) They're pushing away a lot of content creators, most of whom are at the very least branching out and playing Warframe less.

Edited by Kingsmount
Switched misplaced characters.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 7