Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Partners Leaving how does warframe fare?

(PSN)sweatshawp

Well im a better player then most the warframe partners so I could care less. The only thing to differentiate them from us is they got benefits for playing the game and represented the community.  And when the people respresenting you arent better then the majority of veterans and give misinformation what good are they, also they have the charisma to stream I guess? Either way some of them have some valid points of why they quit but the game is still fun for most people so it be how it be.

6 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

You guys are misunderstanding the topic. Partners and content creators leaving the game hurts the publicity of the game 

Okay but, it doesn't affect me enjoying the game at all.  Like really, it's DE's problem if they heavily rely on retaining content creators to advertise the game for them.  I'm subscribed to a few people that make more 'interesting' stuff, like Xandy and his nitty-gritty mechanical analysis, Darthmuffin and his side-by-side comparisons and examinations, Rehetelius/Trib/Shy for the memes.  If any of them got bored and didn't want to play for a few months, or ever again, it might make my youtube feed a little more lame but it wouldn't stop me playing when I feel like it.

Ashiogi qualified for partner for a LONG time, and was arbitrarily denied goodness knows how many times.  I'm certain there are others out there too, who would have offered ~10k+ view videos for warframe's advertising, but they weren't being accepted into the program.  If DE is having a problem with some of their old partners leaving, there's candidates for replacement out there.  If they're not already miffed about being looked past previously.

Edited by KochDerFrettchen
  • Like 1

I think that [DE] will hear theyr reasons for leaving and will do something, based in their good relationship with the community.

I personaly think that, even with railjack being developed, the DE team should redirect some of their efforts to bring stuff to atract these players that left the game, for example, to stop with these big gaps between updates, to bring more content with what we already have (orokin ruins and tower, more landers, more lore related, more npcs with more mini quests and events, warframes that we acquire from quests not only farming from missions, etc), etc. I think that they are very comfortable just bringing a new warframe, a objective-grind with audio history, without much relevance and weapons and skins sometimes.

This being said, i need to let clear thar i don't want to leave either, but only that i could use to play more if they bring more for me to do, because being a lvl 27 in this game means that you can do what you choose to do and with our actual options it's not that atractive.

Ty

Edited by I.Loki.I
wrong grammar

40 minutes ago, I.Loki.I said:

based in their good relationship with the community.

Youtubers are not the entirety of the community.

40 minutes ago, I.Loki.I said:

I think that they are very comfortable just bringing a new warframe, a objective-grind with audio history, without much relevance and weapons and skins sometimes.

They are very comfortable doing what they have always done to get to a place where their game is on an upward trend of players. Quelle surprise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

Okay but, it doesn't affect me enjoying the game at all. 

Technically it can act as a good initial sign that D.E. might be getting lazy on keeping content fresh or should take the time to address frustrating systems to make the game play a fun repetition then pull off shenigans like what Dog Days turned into. Fun events are nice, but its better they make it a ridiculous fun cheesie event then something that feels more like a boring grind slot. Getting big content drops are nice but it would be nice if they put some more steady improvements/content drip feeds to keep things interesting, in between those.

Think someone somewhere pointed out that Path of Exile has a much smaller staff pool and can drop content out monthly compared to what D.E. tends to dispense when you exclude all the fashion frame bits, sure Warframe might have alot more going on then PoE, but it is not that difficult for them to re-use assets to whip up something new. For cripes sakes i would dig silly things like a bunch of hot-shot Corpus or Grineer decide to send us a letter of disrespecting us and challenges us to a K-drive race on one of the two open world maps, THAT would of been a lot more interesting mini-event, especially since they could just give us those pieces of art which could be whipped up by the community.

And trust me, when ANY game gets lazy in its content drops, then your going to get wittled away in enjoying it, to where you reach that point of having too many online games your into right now, you are going to decide the game getting lazy with its content drops, is the one that needs to go over the one that has that funky fresh enjoyment you still get out of it.

That is pretty much how i left Mabinogi, Vindicitus, Maplestory, Grand chase, Elsword, Tree of Savior, Wakfu, Dauntless, TERA, Guild wars 2, Final Fantasy 11 and Final Fantasy 14(latter two also being due to subscription cost being a slight pain on top of it turning into the same song and dance after going thru everything to near the end of Stormblood). Games are likely going to be kept to a game play they work with, but if gets boring whether its at the beginning, a few weeks or after a year or few of playing, then not much point to stay if nothing changes after being around plenty long enough to do everything the game has to offer.

Like really, it's DE's problem if they heavily rely on retaining content creators to advertise the game for them.  I'm subscribed to a few people that make more 'interesting' stuff, like Xandy and his nitty-gritty mechanical analysis, Darthmuffin and his side-by-side comparisons and examinations, Rehetelius/Trib/Shy for the memes.  If any of them got bored and didn't want to play for a few months, or ever again, it might make my youtube feed a little more lame but it wouldn't stop me playing when I feel like it.

Its not that D.E. needs to rely on them, but publicity is a good way to get some people interested in the game which can lead to them spreading this game is interesting and can chain reaction. Long-time content creators can usually carry some weight as a well known name, but if the game they give a shout out is not that fun after a while, then it basically can let the C.C.ers decide to shelf it and lead it to be ignored whenever it pops up on that content creator`s videos, unless that game really brought out something amazing to make that C.C. start playing that game again instead of just short revisits. 

Ashiogi qualified for partner for a LONG time, and was arbitrarily denied goodness knows how many times.  I'm certain there are others out there too, who would have offered ~10k+ view videos for warframe's advertising, but they weren't being accepted into the program.  If DE is having a problem with some of their old partners leaving, there's candidates for replacement out there.  If they're not already miffed about being looked past previously.

Getting new partners can definitely help out D.E. to give some fresh faces to advertise the game, but its still going to hurt if they lose all the long time ones, since having new content creators replacing the older ones at a rather fast pace could end up with not as much solid publicity, especially if these new ones end up just doing the same kind of videos as the previous ones with no actual differences. Satire and comedy styles of showing off the videos can also only go on for so long, to where it feels like your just watching some fortnite kid with a bad microphone and temper tantrums every time they do not get a kill, get killed (likely within 5 minutes of the game starting) or do not get a gold gun on every chest they open and has a ego so toxic that they just set themselves up to die when they dance on someone`s bleeding out body, not really paying attention to their ally who just 3 seconds later, shot them in the head from point blank range.

Welp, this is kind of why i keep wanting to amuse myself with the idea of going back to Destiny 2 for a bit once its f2p bit goes on(aka letting me play the first two expansions for free) and then maybe do the console version of Phantasy star online 2 next year, i would have to start over from a fresh account despite not playing for a year or two due to my old account being on the jpn servers thru the community declared `english speaking ship channel`, but PSO2 even with a incomplete fan-base made translation patch, played on keyboard for a while till i finally was able to get a controller to play it with and other small annoyances, was a good game despite the issues. Just have to wait and see what D.E. cooks up for us before then or D.E. is going to definitely learn to step up thar game if more f2p based games with good content starts coming around finally.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Magicfingers said:

one leaves...two more join to take their place...life goes on

Pretty much this. 

There are always new ones. 

I don't view them as particularly necessary to the game. Some are entertaining. Some even provide useful advice. However, they don't affect how or why I play the game. The best of them can enhance the experience. The worst are eminently ignorable or useful as an example of why you don't want to be That Guy. 

They come and go. We all drive on. 

• Like 4

Good for them. I couldn't care less.

DE gives them free platinum, their own glyphs, exclusive interviews, studio tours and most of them either don't care (Mogamu) or don't play the game (SkillUp).

At least there are a few that are worth imo, like TacticalPotato, JoeyZero or some streamers like Sherpa Rage and Mr Morgenstern.

The thing that worries me is that DE could panic and rush future content in order to retain them. But hopefully they are smart.

1 hour ago, KenthNisshoku said:

content creators don't really make me want to play the game

i could careless even if they all left i would just unsub anyways and find someone else more reliable

they aren't really that special in anyway

They aren`t that special indeed, but it still is helpful when you have very good content creators able to provide us interesting info, condensed details, build setups such as alternative ways to smack down a eidolon (praise the goat for he was constantly denied his glory due to harrow just invul biotch slapping thru screams, now the goat being able to buff himself with smite infusion and the inclusion of adaptation just lets everyone have no excuse for falling on the ground that often). Good content creators are definitely ones who can help perk up one`s impression of a game, especially if they can tell about useful advance tips or interesting tricks one can pull off to make the game even more enjoyable.

It just does not help that warframe gets whittled down too much that it took things like melee stop being able to go thru walls to kill alot of the long range melee meta, plus other cheese-its getting balanced (aka ember and banshee) to force people to pick more things. Still does, but it does not help that things like FUN builds cannot thrive that much, like that one sword & shield amalgam mod letting you just damage reflect like a nut-job, but cannot work that well due to enemies having way more health/armor/shields, compared to the damage they dish out. While Warframes deal way more damage, but have much less health/armor/shields in comparison.

If i had to use PSO2 as a example, granted you aren`t as restricted on what weapons you can bring, just can`t use its abilities if you arent the right class, but you atleast have fun enjoyment where you could just play whatever long as you have the jist on how to setup things or could just go silly with some setups and still able to deal plenty of damage, Warframe i guess would be asking a bit much out of it, but having fun flexibility would certainly perk up warframe if i could customize with little downside to the modding, sadly i would have to DROP alot of the damage potential of my weapon unless i get some ridiculous riven roll to cover all the stats i want, so i can pull off stuff like a rapid fire tigris spammer or turning a sybaris into a Elephant gun where its slow on the shots and reload, but hits like a fking monster.

Only time i might be able to get away with that fun is if enemies are level 25ish or below. Anything i am normally farming, i can`t really enjoy doing that as much.

18 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I genuinely wanna know how people think the longevity of the game will be with core content creators and streamers putting warframe on the back burner or leaving the game.

One thing to consider is that the content they make is, basically, a job. Burnout in a lot of vocations just happens. I think MCGamerCZ even said that it's less Warframe and more "making Warframe content" that was getting to him and spurred him to take a break. But even if it wasn't that, playing a game isn't an exception to burnout. Plenty of players get burned out on Warframe all the time. No matter how good the game is (and Warframe is far from perfect, mind), that just happens.

Yea, there are older partners leaving and also many new partners joining Warframe as well. If you have achieved everything, MR27, 1000 caps of Hydrolysts, min-maxed everything, done al Quests, bought/collected/rolled 90 god tier Riven Mods, you should take a break. 

The more players come to the game, the more money it makes. So New Players = More Money. And therefore, New Players = Priority.

It has been clear for some time that this is why the Late Game gets so little attention. And I don't think it's from a place of neglect, but from a business standpoint. DE doesn't have a ton of resources, so they are inclined to direct their time toward the Money. They have to put food on the table just like anyone else.

But many (if not all) of the Content Creators are well into the Late Game of Warframe. And many of them are playing more challenging/engaging games like Remnant from the Ashes. I feel like these Difficulty goals in Warframe need to be explored in the reasonable future.

Obviously everybody has their own idea of how to achieve Difficulty. These ideas may range from Widespread nerfs across the game, Gamemodes that decrease/disable the player's stats/mods, or making the enemies/objectives optionally harder. I'd easily fall into the last camp.

I know that nothing can really change the fact that Empyrean and The New War will probably be the priority until the end of the year (because promises have been made about when they will come). But Overall game difficulty choices were also promised to be explored this year (as well as resulting rewards if I remember correctly). It would be nice to get some Dev workshops or something relatively soon.

And I think that it needs to be an active conversation between the Players and the Devs, involving plenty of feedback. It's incredibly important to get this right. 

• Like 1

Play what else? Destiny? Warframe is one of the singularly best games that has ever been made. I am looking forward to DE's rendition of lord of the rings online when it comes. Maybe AOC or one of the mmo's on this list here https://www.nerdmuch.com/games/5184/new-mmos/

Yes this game can be on the easy side of things, but its not difficult to challenge yourself. I dont see many vets doing conclave for instance, though most people find that slope far to steep to climb. 

So who exactly is leaving warframe? 

10 hours ago, Avienas said:

Think someone somewhere pointed out that Path of Exile has a much smaller staff pool and can drop content out monthly compared to what D.E. tends to dispense when you exclude all the fashion frame bits, sure Warframe might have alot more going on then PoE, but it is not that difficult for them to re-use assets to whip up something new. For cripes sakes i would dig silly things like a bunch of hot-shot Corpus or Grineer decide to send us a letter of disrespecting us and challenges us to a K-drive race on one of the two open world maps, THAT would of been a lot more interesting mini-event, especially since they could just give us those pieces of art which could be whipped up by the community.

I've never had an experience with this game that was not "Play every once in a while to keep up on events, and inbetween if I'm just feeling the gameplay" outside of when I was just starting and all of the content from the past was just there for me to run through in more consistent succession.  As much as I enjoy running some missions here and there, I don't have any particular need or desire for warframe to take up every free moment of gaming time I have, it can really wear sometimes when you have like three events going at once. Think that happened last when the ghouls were introduced?  Fuzzy memory, but I definitely remember getting annoyed at the sheer amount of what I thought was going to be limited time events demanding I'm on warframe all day.

I think a lot of these content creators run themselves dry playing the same old missions for no purpose or reward because it's what their fanbase desires and it can really knock out their desire to hang around for the next update.  I'm glad when I see channels like that diversify a little and have secondary games, it's probably much better for their personal health and entertainment.  Of course they're going to get tired of the game and upset with the time between major updates when they feel pressured to play it for content.  It's not like the warframe twitch/youtubers are paid advertisers, they don't have to stick to pushing the game every moment, yet many of them do simply because they're afraid they'll disinterest their primarily warframe-oriented audience and lose the views that do (help or cover) pay their bills.

Could DE do some more little events here and there?  I'm sure they could manage.  But I don't think it would really fix the underlying problem these content creators run into.  You and I, we can just let the game chill on the backburner for a week or two until baro comes along or some new tenno reinforcements drop.  The game doesn't have to be a lifestyle, a full on hobby that asks as much of your free time as you can feed it, but these people do not have the same luxury, or at least they may not feel they do.

I have no desire for Warframe to make me feel like it's a second full time job just to keep up on events and grind, and I appreciate its role as something between a big mmo grind and a casual drop-in coop shooter.

I have played many of these online perpetual games, whether they fully fit into the category of 'mmo' or not quite. Warframe and PoE are the only ones I haven't uninstalled, and I only update PoE once or twice a year when the new league strikes my fancy.

Edited by KochDerFrettchen

Well the reason for partners leaving is simple. It's because of two things:

1) They got burned out, trying to do too much with too little, available in the game as a professional streamer.

2) They are not making enough money out of it. 

The role the direction of the game at this moment is also simple. It's not streamer friendly, as in making daily content, without boredom setting in. 

One shouldn't set all their eggs in one basket. Those who did it are paying the price. Never have a channel centred on one game, cause when stuff goes south, it doesn't end well. 

Playing the game is different than making YouTube videos about it. Warframe only has a finite amount of gameplay that’s worth making videos about, ultimately, so I get why some you tubers eventually stop. 

Also, even if a warframe creator stops, all those videos they made are probabaly going to stay up, and that’s still useful to DE and warframe players. They’ll still be a good resource to help explain the game to new players.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

Playing the game is different than making YouTube videos about it. Warframe only has a finite amount of gameplay that’s worth making videos about, ultimately, so I get why some you tubers eventually stop. 

Also, even if a warframe creator stops, all those videos they made are probabaly going to stay up, and that’s still useful to DE and warframe players. They’ll still be a good resource to help explain the game to new players.

Let's say there's a finite amount of gameplay worth making videos about

(exploiter, profit taker, eidolon, bosses), yes, bosses worth making a video as educational video. Now you combine it with 42 frames, and more than 100 weapons, that quite a lot that will be sufficient for a month or two like killing profit taker with banshee. Who knows, maybe we'll get another video of killing profit taker with excalibur and mk-1 braton from this youtuber later

I don't  care about or watch streamers.  Its of no value to me.  When you say content creators.  Are you referring to the popular tennogen people?

Streamers are not content.  As an average player who plays games as stress relief.  I am fine with wf as is liesurely cracking skulls for fun as even i have most things in game.

Its better we get content as complete as possible as it comes.  Rushing future patches would just create a bigger problem.

On 2019-08-24 at 1:37 AM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

......core content creators and streamers..... but how do you all feel about the current state of the game and partners / streamers leaving WF or not focusing on it?

I've got six years in Warframe without ever giving a single #*!% about """content creators""". I think it's a cancerous affair to even ever have to consider, giving these kinds of people special treatment in exchange for continued coverage of your game. I understand why and how it came to be, but it doesn't make me think any less of it. Besides me not thinking about it in the first place, because I literally never watch video game Youtubers or streamers. The only reason I even have a Twitch account was for Warframe devstreams, and to be supportive of a friend who wanted to casually stream their games.

So that's my genuine standing on it, and I can only feel a sense, of something similar to disdain but to a lesser degree since this is only about video games of course, for those who actively concern themselves with the activities of these "content creators". I understand how someone can believe it to be a concern for game popularity/playerbase, because sadly that is the reality in which we live in where these kinds of things can actually affect that, but I don't personally put much thought into it. At most, it's a bit annoying seeing so many threads pop up about it, but whatever, comes with the territory.

Edited by so_many_watermelons

You overestimate the importance of "content creators" that do streams of Warframe.

There will always be some of them.  There will always be the in-house streaming done by DE.

There is no interdependence.

Content droughts suck, sure, but the one we're in has been greatly exaggerated.  Taking a break from the game isn't a bad thing - frankly, I'd love it if more people complaining about the game would go off and just do something else until the itch to do space ninja stuff needed to be scratched.  I've taken multiple breaks from the game, come back and binged hard all over again.

There is seriously not a problem going on with Warframe right now.  If you're bored, it's cool - play something else.

In truth it really doesn't affect warframe. Because X person isn't playing anymore doesn't actually affect the game or players in the grand scheme. Oh no some warframe youtubers are sick of the game from doing nothing but that one game for content? Big shock that isn't the game's fault, it's theirs for only doing warframe content and nothing else. 

A whole lot of hot air in this thread.

Content creators are leaving because it’s been ages since warframe had a new content drop, so it’s difficult to make content for a game without fresh content.

Simple as that. Soon as Duviri and Railjack come out, the content creators will return because they can make money again.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop
  • Like 1

It sickens me that youtubers feel the need to openly dump the game during a content drought that precedes every major update. The fact that there's a wave of people asking about whether the game is dying because e-celebs are going to play other games for a few months should be illuminating. The best critique they'll serve you is "Not enough to do so I quit." Don't start catering to these people DE. They'll slit your game's throat for attention.

Youtubers don't create content. They consume content and regurgitate it half-digested for their audience like a bird feeding its hatchlings. DE are the people creating content.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Now you combine it with 42 frames, and more than 100 weapons, that quite a lot that will be sufficient for a month or two like killing profit taker with banshee.

I'm gonna be honest, that just sound like iFlynns "how to play x warframe in 2019" - desperately making videos.

23 minutes ago, 844448 said:

(exploiter, profit taker, eidolon, bosses), yes, bosses worth making a video as educational video.

While this certainly would make good videos, at best I can only believe that few out of "42 frames, and more than 100 weapon" combinations will be worth watching while others will feel like repeats of them.

Example. DoubleXXF makes mostly Tridolon videos with different variations, but I only find a few of his different approaches worth watching. I mean he has a some videos of "Chroma 6x3 with 'x' weapon" but they're basically the same thing - hitting hard with weapons and Chroma. I won't call them educational videos when I see a riven involved, at that moment it's just power flexing. 

Flexing that actually makes me want to watch videos of the same premise is his Tridolon speedruns. Going faster than his previous record is an achievement.