Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Partners Leaving how does warframe fare?

(PSN)sweatshawp

4 hours ago, Scherbler said:

Probably because of Destiny 2 as half my clan seems to play it. Should get better when we finally get Railjack.

For a couple weeks maybe, but as always it'll quickly tapper off because DE time and time again refuse to work on the sustainability of their design choices and the game now more or less lives by how frequently they can add new content. Hopefully this will be a wake up call as others have noted however and prompt DE to fix up their act. 

Edited by Cubewano

To start, i'm on your side man but now is not the time to bring it up. They are working on railjack and while they are taking their sweet time they've kinda already proven nothing else will come before that so what you should do is wait for railjack and once railjack comes out keep this same energy you have right now. Because once content comes out the community tends to forget that DE have been taking forever to release anything so honestly you wanna get them to start something small and new really fast after railjack.

Edited by S.Dust

il y a 51 minutes, (NSW)Katsuro a dit :

As long as the development of content  keep continuing down this path of once every year huge update (all eggs in one basket), then sustainable content will always be a myth.

And the game has too many flaws to ever pull out a decent sustainable content.

Railjack is supposed to bring something sustainable with random weapons. But im asking myself, do i care about random weapons when there is already a hundred that can crush everything?

Obviously no.

Edited by belanya

Just now, S.Dust said:

To start i'm on your side man but now i not the time to bring it up. They are working on railjack and while they are taking their sweet time they've kinda already proven nothing else will come before that so what you should do is wait for railjack and once railjack comes out keep this same energy you have right now. Because once content comes out the community tends to forget that DE have been taking forever to release anything so honestly you wanna get them to start something small and new really fast after railjack.

I just hope they update railjack every month like they said at in Japan when they showcased atlas prime then everyone will calm down

Just now, (NSW)Katsuro said:

I just hope they update railjack every month like they said at in Japan when they showcased atlas prime then everyone will calm down

Me and you both know that's not happening. What they will do is give us the other parts of railjack and then probably drop it like the open worlds.

• Like 2

Obviously there should be some concerns, although there is no surprise here. We've reached almost a year mark of a significant content drought(fortuna november 2018).  Unless DE are thinking about jumping the ship, they must have some significant stuff lined up for the next year, because I'm pretty sure this game can't handle another content drought of this magnitude. I'm guessing we'll get more steady content throughout 2020 and by the end of it we'll get the new open world. The player base will climb up again, but then, this is a 7+ year old game. Not sure how realistic would it be to expect a significant jump in the number of the player base from here on out.

3 hours ago, Kingsmount said:

B) Nightwave is a toxic system that causes some players to psychologically attach to it.  If they can't progress in Nigthwave, there is no reason for them to play the game they feel.  I know because I am one of them, even though I consciously recognize this phenomenon I just flat out lack the will to play now, just like last season after I hit rank 30 and didn't come back until mid season 2.

This one of the biggest strawmans of nightwave i've seen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S.Dust said:

Me and you both know that's not happening. What they will do is give us the other parts of railjack and then probably drop it like the open worlds.

I have faith cuz I'm still kinda new being mr27 with less than a year in warframe but no one truly knows the future plus I'm even more excited for Duviri Paradox which looks more like veteran side of thing cuz the second dream isnt accessible to new players right away

Here's a thought: What if the content we do have is sustainable, and the problem is US, or rather, the means by which we play the game that are making it unsustainable?

From as small as the simple fact that Ignis and Meming Strike Atterax are just among the best ways to deal damage with and yet require the least engagement, to the fact we can entirely ignore vast chunks of said content? Arbitrations are pretty fun, but it doesn't matter because we have half a dozen ways to never get hit, let alone die. Sorties can (sometimes) provide shake-ups such as requiring us to use specific weapons, but we have exalted weapons, and several other things for other modifiers.

Warframe has gotten to the point where it has systemic issues that just adding stuff can't overcome. For example: Energy economy is royally messed up. It's like if DOOM had the pistol and the BFG on the same ammo supply! In fact, it basically is - we have abilities like Shock, Smite or Tesla (small damage dealers intended for quick, repeat use) sharing the exact same energy economy as Peacemaker, Discharge, or Soundquake. Electric Shield is on the same supply as Mass Vitrify. Wil 'o' Wisp (some 10 seconds of invisibility, modded) running on the same fuel as Invisibility (nearly 45 seconds of invisibility)

We have so many ways to not engage in content, is it any surprise that it doesn't last?

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

I'd say most of us are already in a calm and rational state on this.  Then there are those that post topics on it.  🙂

I have faith cuz I'm still kinda new being mr27 with less than a year in warframe but no one truly knows the future plus I'm even more excited for Duviri Paradox which looks more like veteran side of thing cuz the second dream isnt accessible to new players right away

Dude duviri probably wont come out till like 2021 with how long they take to make things and on top of that no one really even knows what it is other than an operator up age.

Just now, S.Dust said:

Dude duviri probably wont come out till like 2021 with how long they take to make things and on top of that no one really even knows what it is other than an operator up age.

if you follow the trend from 2018 tennocon to now then duviri paradox will follow the railjack trend of 18 months I guess 

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Here's a thought: What if the content we do have is sustainable, and the problem is US, or rather, the means by which we play the game that are making it unsustainable?

From as small as the simple fact that Ignis and Meming Strike Atterax are just among the best ways to deal damage with and yet require the least engagement, to the fact we can entirely ignore vast chunks of said content? Arbitrations are pretty fun, but it doesn't matter because we have half a dozen ways to never get hit, let alone die. Sorties can (sometimes) provide shake-ups such as requiring us to use specific weapons, but we have exalted weapons, and several other things for other modifiers.

Warframe has gotten to the point where it has systemic issues that just adding stuff can't overcome. For example: Energy economy is royally messed up. It's like if DOOM had the pistol and the BFG on the same ammo supply! In fact, it basically is - we have abilities like Shock, Smite or Tesla (small damage dealers intended for quick, repeat use) sharing the exact same energy economy as Peacemaker, Discharge, or Soundquake. Electric Shield is on the same supply as Mass Vitrify. Wil 'o' Wisp (some 10 seconds of invisibility, modded) running on the same fuel as Invisibility (nearly 45 seconds of invisibility)

We have so many ways to not engage in content, is it any surprise that it doesn't last?

This literally sounds like a problem for the devs to fix, it's not the players jobs to nerf themselves to make content seem better when it's not.

if you follow the trend from 2018 tennocon to now then duviri paradox will follow the railjack trend of 18 months I guess 

Honestly don't do that yourself trying to guess how long things will take will only make this game that much more rage inducing since the devs don't even give dates meaning they have no deadlines for the player base to hold them to.

45 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

You should stop adding this BS to the table as we all know that you give only stats about steam not overall players 

This happend in the past and iam saying it again 

you don't have the numbers to give an 100% accurate opinion

Review the real numbers then add it back to this page

Such an easy way to say things if you only have an part of the story straight

Updated to reflect only PC users.

Edited by ikkabotz

Sure Destiny Hype is helping, and it is also going down in a few weeks, like Apex 400K viewers and more than a 1M current players (if I remember correct) on first week, then it went down to 10K viewers on twitch in like a month.

But recruiting for eidolon is getting worse before Destiny 2 come out, so yeah, people are kind bored of Warframe, but hey, you can always do eidolons hunt with 3 hydro capture people, because Warframe is just for new players, if you have every stuff of the game and maxed mods, you should just leave by common Warframe forum opnion.

personally  this game is still very rough and clunky, I still would consider it in Beta stage ,,,a lot of the mapps I consider horrid. i personally play defense missions only hate to run around and fall offf things or get stuck on everything i run past. Their needs to be surprised drops added as well having 1000 of worthless relics is a joke let us trade them in for 1 that doesn't suck ... and good lord do something about the bots!    when someone has a name like 12446477 chances are their a bot !

Edited by Killa_Byte

1 hour ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

Howl all you want, you will never have sustainable content!

As long as the development of content  keep continuing down this path of once every year huge update (all eggs in one basket), then sustainable content will always be a myth.

This happens every year close to big content release for Christmas, players get impatient for content and the endless cycle continues. Quite funny always when you think about it.

Another day another whiny content thread. They've been releasing content on a regular basis but people now gotta redefine what "content" means to suit their crybaby narrative.

Just wanna say I hope everyone here keeps this same energy even after we get our updates because warframe has been slow with it's updates before railjack and people just let it happen. With DE not having release dates we have nothing to hold them to so the only thing we can honestly do is make it clear content is either in the game or it's not.

Edited by S.Dust

Just now, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Another day another whiny content thread. They've been releasing content on a regular basis but people now gotta redefine what "content" means to suit their crybaby narrative.

not whiny and I'm still waiting on arbritration update from 3 weeks ago for console

1 hour ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

There's nothing to do..or worse..There's tons to do..but... it's so spread out you have no idea where to go or what to do..

Like example building Garuda or Baruuk and they both needs so many mcguffins, but where do you go for that specific mcguffin...okay wiki says it's here to get this specific mcguffin..and you attack said place and then it goes aggro and nothing drops...and then it goes dead..nothing spawns in...huh hello I still need that McGuffin? But wait there's more you need to max out Little Duck to get at Helgrin...okay...uhhh..who's Little Duck?

I mean this game is so spread out with two massive open areas and tons of materials to do X but what is "X" and how do I get to X...and oh look another massive open space area is coming and I need a clan or make a clan...and I have to do an event and then I need to build how many structures in a clan to get at said dry dock? 

De really needs a Thanos Snap and they need to simplify the star chart and toss out everything their internal numbers are showing that is dead and get back to basics on how to go from the bottom to the top of the food chain in this game...while also moving vets to TAU with a new mountain to climb one new planet at a time...

I wonder why DE have recently accreted so many new resources and grinds lately?

Might it have something to do with Lootframes and automated gameplay making pre-existing resource grinds trivial or straight-up completed before they're even introduced due to the even larger amounts of hyperinflation?

Nothing is designed in isolation.

8 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

This literally sounds like a problem for the devs to fix, it's not the players jobs to nerf themselves to make content seem better when it's not.

Yup. Been advocating that for a while. But it is also the player base's job not to have a fit whenever they try.

I mean, look at melee. Another element that's broken. Scaling is off the charts, but it starts off doing less damage than strictly safer options. More risk for less reward - or more risk for such astronomical reward. DE are fixing it, and from the moment they announced that they were changing combo people immediately started declaring that it was unnecessary. They only stopped once Weapon-Switch was implemented. I bet you when the scaling changes are introduced (which they said is the next thing on the agenda, soontm, whenever THAT is) people will immediately start back up again.

• Like 1