Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Partners Leaving how does warframe fare?

(PSN)sweatshawp

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Yup. Been advocating that for a while. But it is also the player base's job not to have a fit whenever they try.

I mean, look at melee. Another element that's broken. Scaling is off the charts, but it starts off doing less damage than strictly safer options. More risk for less reward - or more risk for such astronomical reward. DE are fixing it, and from the moment they announced that they were changing combo people immediately started declaring that it was unnecessary. They only stopped once Weapon-Switch was implemented. I bet you when the scaling changes are introduced (which they said is the next thing on the agenda, soontm, whenever THAT is) people will immediately start back up again.

DE would have had less trouble executing the melee changes if they did it all at once rather than releasing one part and then having us wait months for the rest.

7 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I wonder why DE have recently accreted so many new resources and grinds lately?

Might it have something to do with Lootframes and automated gameplay making pre-existing resource grinds trivial or straight-up completed before they're even introduced due to the even larger amounts of hyperinflation?

Nothing is designed in isolation.

resource sinks don't exist in warframe that is probably part of the problem.

• Like 1

Just now, S.Dust said:

DE would have had less trouble executing the melee changes if they did it all at once rather than releasing one part and then having us wait months for the rest.

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Playing Devil's advocate for a second, with all the knee-jerk reactions it probably took months for them to get useable feedback for the changes they already made, something that when dealing with a core element of the game, is probably something they'd want. Doing it cold-turkey, as well as taking more time (potentially as much as it already has), would very much muddy the waters regarding any one element.

It's difficult to really say what the best approach is when it comes to this, especially from an outsider's perspective. But an approach is most certainly needed.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

Howl all you want, you will never have sustainable content!

As long as the development of content  keep continuing down this path of once every year huge update (all eggs in one basket), then sustainable content will always be a myth.

This happens every year close to big content release for Christmas, players get impatient for content and the endless cycle continues. Quite funny always when you think about it.

PS: I'm not complaining I just hope railjack updates every month like they said in japan atlas prime showcase.

I'd love weekly or monthly updates once railjack is released. New mission content, story stuff, or even something like nightwave for railjack that's monthly. I don't want them to release it and then spend another half a year working on the corpus version. 

Railjack js the last hope I have for this gaming keeping my interest. I've recently gotten extremely bored of the game cause there's nothing to do so imma be playing railjack very carefully and slowly so as to not burn out but if they keep up this cycle of updating so #*!%ing slowly then it's not going to last.

Tbh, I'm actually very worried for railjack. I think the release version won't actually have that much to do... 

In my humble opinion the problem isn't content draught, but lack of exciting content (and the lack of devstreams teasing exciting future content).

DE has said that if they'd continued dropping weapons/warframes every week the game wouldn't be what it is, and this is exactly what is happening at the moment.

I think they should have dropped the intro rework and/or melee 3.0 to keep us entertained until Empyrean, but they prefer to release it altogether. 

Edited by (PS4)FastestKnight

Just as with 2017, it is an in between patch thing. Just as with 2017 people will get back and the game will continue to grow just as it has done since it was first released.

Also to note is that some players are probably testing the new car smell in Destiny 2 since it is now "free" to play. The new car smell is already wearing out since the game has already dropped a large chuck of the initial players in a lifespan of just 2 week. It has gone from around 200k concurrent players down to 150k during weekdays, including so called peak hours.

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

This one of the biggest strawmans of nightwave i've seen

Yeah no, I don't think that means what you think it means.   There is NO false argument, or argument in general, that I am propping up to attack.    It's not even making sweeping generalizations,  I'm referencing a subset of people who may possess this characteristic (Similar to some people being more susceptible to gambling/loot box mechanics in some games), and gave anecdotal support for my assertion from my personal experience and general observation.

4 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

I'm curious, how exactly are they pushing away content creators? Sure, a dearth of new content has been resulting in a lack of sources for content creators to draw in views (and because of this many have been trying to branch out to other sources for making their own content), but that's a passive side effect of the pace of updates. I haven't seen any sign of the studio actively distancing themselves from their partners.

Literally every content creator of the half dozen+ I watch has commented on the subject.   

Edited by Kingsmount

11 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The new car smell is already wearing out since the game has already dropped a large chuck of the initial players in a lifespan of just 2 week. It has gone from around 200k concurrent players down to 150k during weekdays, including so called peak hours.

Sure, let's see today's (Tuesday) numbers at the moment.

67fd045ff8faf37bd3ceb8c10d58f998.png

Meh, I guess people went back to the Warframe car. Let's see how it...

7f73bb5399dad164d9a93780daa28c38.png

oh

Anyways, I see lots of "Destiny" stuff around but I wonder why no one has mentioned Untitled Goose Game as one of the main reasons of the WF debacle. 

Edited by (PS4)FastestKnight

It shows that having no "end game" content (such as raids) to keep players interested in playing, people will stop playing and move to other games. They seem to keep wanting to push TennoGen stuff and redesigning old assets rather than actual content.

They also try to take on too much at the same time. They have all these ideas and start 20 different projects at the same time which causes everything to get backed up. The end result is forcing players to wait a year for a new piece of content they finish in 10 minutes only to have to wait another year for anything. 

They seem to show very little interest in raids which is what keeps every MMORPG alive. Instead, they add a small item here and there, along with a new resource requirement to get players to farm that for a while. They have no real direction.

They should be focused on creating raids and moving meaningful content to them (like arcanes) to give people something to work for over a long period of time, then focus on other stuff like the new Archwing 2.0 that everyone will eventually forget about.

They failed with Arbitrations, Eiodolons now seem to be for "elitists" only, which leaves players with no other option other than to keep farming normal missions for nothing they need. There is no reason to play after you have leveled everything and it becomes a situation where you log in for your reward, then log out to play another game and when new content is added, you log in to finish it in a few minutes, then repeat the process over again.

• Like 1

I agree that this game needs a endgame loop but this population thing if you look at the months the population shot up is around new large updates like PoE, Fortuna and Sacrifice(Umber Excal). So if you think about it the populations numbers were always inflated by large updates and the majority of those stats are flawed/skewed because of that since  the numbers are just temporary numbers that shoot up.

Not to mention a lot of new games coming out recently followed by Destiny 2 going free to play base game wise pulled a lot of ppl away too.

Edited by (XB1)Dex Xean

6 hours ago, ikkabotz said:

Should there be concerns? What would cause a dip in numbers like this, as they've seen a 38% drop from their last peak in players and the average number of players is the lowest since September 2017?

Source, Steam Charts:

https://steamcharts.com/app/230410

What sustains the lifespan of Warframe moving forward in the life cycle of development?

Are you a Destiny fanboi?

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Players whine whenever one is added. The community is the engine of its own frustrations.

Probably, but DE could do better with their efforts as well, just slapping a vastly higher resource cost to a new piece of equipment whenever the whim strikes isn't exactly the smoothest of methods to drain a resource from a environment. Methods like baro went over well where their resource drains were involved, people were fully open to the idea of relay reconstructions being a big communal resource drain effort also, it's not just the drain that causes stir, it's the application, and DE doesn't utilize that all too well honestly.

Perhaps, you can explain or define the term "sustainable content", what makes it sustainable, how long that sustainable content lasts and make an analysis on these "sustainable content" before saying something

2 hours ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

I have faith cuz I'm still kinda new being mr27 with less than a year in warframe but no one truly knows the future plus I'm even more excited for Duviri Paradox which looks more like veteran side of thing cuz the second dream isnt accessible to new players right away

I'm questioning your play style here, did you actually try each weapon or simply like the rest taking it to hydron and leech exp for "mastery fodders" and never touching them again?

2 hours ago, belanya said:

Railjack is supposed to bring something sustainable with random weapons. But im asking myself, do i care about random weapons when there is already a hundred that can crush everything?

Obviously no.

There's the problem, you don't care about it when the sustainable content is always about randomness like riven mod. Perhaps you can make an example of sustainable content that doesn't rely on randomness?

17 hours ago, Adem940 said:

I don't play Warframe through Steam, so those numbers don't mean anything to me, also I don't care about Destiny 2 free version since you can't level up more than 20 unless you pay for the DLC's

Noted— I feel pretty confident it's a relatively controlled environment of recorded historical data to support trending and better than most available.

I'll update the forum topic to "Steam" instead of "PC"...to those contending with the numbers, what would you supply otherwise? The burden of proof lies on you to supply a convincing alternative and promote a conversation around it to change minds. By all means, if it carries weight please do. For now I feel like these charts help support some healthy conversations to have...

Edited by ikkabotz

à l’instant, 844448 a dit :

There's the problem, you don't care about it when the sustainable content is always about randomness like riven mod. Perhaps you can make an example of sustainable content that doesn't rely on randomness?

When did i say randmness is an issue?