Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Partners Leaving how does warframe fare?

(PSN)sweatshawp

1 hour ago, ikkabotz said:

Literally is your own slanted translation. You deserve an A+ for your effort. I've made ZERO mention of Destiny and in fact find it more irrelevant than anything. No mention of the game dying either. Come back when you can do better. People like you are part of the problem you so ironically try to mock. Interpretive delirium begins when man is lost in the forest of symbols...People like you haphazardly try to derail topics where you fear change. Particularly where it's one threatening your own perspective. Actually, you normally do better with your responses. I'll assume this is a one and done. Care to elaborate more on your "feelings"?

Don't twist post responses from others with my original intentions which were intended for open and broad interpretation from folks...this has been a fairly robust topic up to this point. Would appreciate it if we can keep it that way. Regardless, everyone should have their say...including YOU (sneers and grovels, wrinkles nose scoffs in your general direction). lol. 

Its how i feel many responses are coming across. What do players expect the devs to do? Some people act as if they are withholding "content" purposely or something. They use topics like this to cry that the game is dying because the devs arent doing their job efficiently, almost as a way to twist their arms into rushing out the next big update through some kind of forum mutiny and shaming. Then when that content is released, it'll be followed by even more negativity.

I honestly dont get this concept of content drought. There has never been a point where WF dropped more significant content than it does now. In the earlier days, a map was considered a big drop, or a new enemy. They are now releasing entirely new gaming systems/mechanics that fundamentally change the way the game is played. I play a lot of warframe, and i dont see how people are burning through everything so fast unless they choose to ignore large swathes of the game currently presented. 

Im mocking because its a constant cycle. Warframe will never be mainstream. Destiny 2 may have better numbers, doesnt mean the devs should start trying to appeal to the masses. Warframe is dying because Devs dont release content (??) Warframe is dying because there is no endgame (never was) Warframe is dying because my favorite frame hasnt been reworked!

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Its how i feel many responses are coming across. What do players expect the devs to do? Some people act as if they are withholding "content" purposely or something. They use topics like this to cry that the game is dying because the devs arent doing their job efficiently, almost as a way to twist their arms into rushing out the next big update through some kind of forum mutiny and shaming. Then when that content is released, it'll be followed by even more negativity.

I honestly dont get this concept of content drought. There has never been a point where WF dropped more significant content that it does now. In the earlier days, a map was considered a big drop, or a new enemy. They are now releasing entirely new gaming systems/mechanics that fundamentally change the way the game is played. I play a lot of warframe, and i dont see how people are burning through everything so fast unless they choose to ignore large swathes of the game currently presented. 

Im mocking because its a constant cycle. Warframe will never be mainstream. Destiny 2 may have better numbers, doesnt mean the devs should start trying to appeal to the masses. Warframe is dying because Devs dont release content (??) Warframe is dying because there is no endgame (never was) Warframe is dying because my favorite frame hasnt been reworked!

I agree with you and if one looks at the release of new frames for instance there coming out faster and in my opinion more interesting over time. The truth of the matter is warframe has a large amount of content. It is a poor idea to confuse content drought with I don't want to play this content. Warframe has been dying every week since it came out if you listen to some a large fluctuation in the 30 day play stats during a down time between two updates is not surprising nor is it significant. 

52 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Its how i feel many responses are coming across. What do players expect the devs to do? Some people act as if they are withholding "content" purposely or something. They use topics like this to cry that the game is dying because the devs arent doing their job efficiently, almost as a way to twist their arms into rushing out the next big update through some kind of forum mutiny and shaming. Then when that content is released, it'll be followed by even more negativity. I honestly dont get this concept of content drought. There has never been a point where WF dropped more significant content that it does now. In the earlier days, a map was considered a big drop, or a new enemy. They are now releasing entirely new gaming systems/mechanics that fundamentally change the way the game is played. I play a lot of warframe, and i dont see how people are burning through everything so fast unless they choose to ignore large swathes of the game currently presented. 

Im mocking because its a constant cycle. Warframe will never be mainstream. Destiny 2 may have better numbers, doesnt mean the devs should start trying to appeal to the masses. 

+1 from me. I think everything you said is fair. There shouldn't be a doomsday approach but there are some precautionary signs around content release intervals that can see improvement particularly when stepping beyond the more routine conversations around content itself— another less explored angle on what would improve reception and possibly retention would be seeing a more hands on approach to addressing concerns from the players feedback to the game and executing development from the more low hanging fruit on the tree where the anxiety and battles are around the state of the game. 

Not necessarily backlog grooming or defects either, but possible more immediate enhancements outside the realm of huge and long delayed content drops. Is it within capacity for DE to possibly explore releasing more often? Outside the content bubble what improvements can be made to what already exists? Is it possible to support gaining the maximum amount of leverage with their players positively? Increase the amount of those who enjoy playing the game from beginner to veteran? It's going to take exploring options, capacity, resources and possibly changing approach. To strip it down, I really whole heartedly believe they could execute development understanding their players better.

I think Warframe can be more fun to play than it is right now and can be easier for new players to understand. I believe the DE team is capable of challenging themselves more. Basic Srum stuff. The product owner (aka the player) isn't being heard as best they can be in delivering their message to development. It goes back to the dev stream. Creative Leadership said they were set to push accepted challenges and welcome them to the DE team. I didn't buy it at the time beyond the words, I would LOVE to see them prove me wrong. I know "fun" is a relative term, but I don't think it's as illusive as lead to believe in finding the right kind of compromise among the players.  

Edited by ikkabotz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ikkabotz said:

+1 from me. I think everything you said is fair. There shouldn't be a doomsday approach but there are some precautionary signs around content release intervals that can see improvement particularly when stepping beyond the more routine conversations around content itself— I think another less explored angle on what would improve reception and possibly retention is seeing more hands on approach to addressing concerns from the players feedback to the game from the more low hanging fruit on the tree. Not necessarily backlog grooming or defects either, but possible more immediate enhancements outside the realm of huge and long delayed content drops. Is it within capacity for DE to possibly to exploring releasing fixtures more often in areas outside the content bubble that improve what already exists?  Is it possible to support gaining the maximum leverage in increasing the amount people understand how to play the game and enjoy playing it? It's going to take exploring options, capacity, resources and possibly changing approach.

I invest time and thought into this game because I want to see it be the best version possible. I want to believe that not only can development concentrate on content, but can also become more aggressive than where they have been in investing on enhancements and improvements to the existing game in an interval released format. Something like a quarterly release? I understand they do this now, but there's a lot of potential to take a look at things. To skin it down to the most basic, I think Warframe can be more fun to play than it is right now and can be easier for new players to understand. These are two systemic issues that have been long withstanding with not as much committed effort in resolving as I believe the DE team is capable of challenging themselves on.    

This is how i see it - There was a time when i could put 40hrs into warframe in a single week. DE will NEVER ever be able to give me that feeling again. As a vet Its just not possible. At the same time, when i did that- The entirety of WF  probably had less content than all of Fortuna. Every Wednesday or every other Wednesday we had content drops, but it would be considered filler today simply because we have so much to do already in comparison. 

Personally, i feel like WF has overachieved greatly. I think the Devs are pushing themselves. I much prefer the way they do things now than if they decided to just milk us with new rehashed corridor tile-sets, wacky cosmetics and events. I prefer they expand the game instead of lazily releasing 3x variants of every weapon. Yes, years ago i wouldve been happy with a new Prisma variant every other week from Baro, but had they listened to me(us) we would still be in corridors, shooting sidegrade weapons that are practically just cosmetic variants. 

That said, i still do like superficial content and hope they can take a break and release a bunch of filler for us. Things like those little lore snippets from Simaris would go a loooong way to satisfying some players like me. I dont always need a mind blowing cinematic quest. Give us context to our grinding. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

New players seem to have a really hard time enjoying the New Light setup. Many just want to experience the story and live the progression life but get shoved into the middle of the endgame grind really with no explaination regarding anything.

Likely it will go as it did on Bnet, with a slightly higher new player influx since it is now "free" to pick up. I think it will struggle to keep people though, just as it did there and struggle to attract people to come back to it since you need to pay for everything that is new -ish along with pretty much zero content releases outside of the payed ones.

New players still can do the red war, war mind and curse of osaris. They are quests they can complete and start at any time. Destiny 2 New Light is setup so you can start working on anything like Warframe is. There's no more handholding.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Is there any other videogame that provides story updates once a month??

The story of Warframe hasn't progressed in like 3 months now since the teralyst fight. If DE would let me I'd be willing to bet plat that virtually no one cares about season 2's storyline because it yet again has no basis or connection with whats going on in the actual plot. 

Edited by Fire2box

7 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

The story of Warframe hasn't progressed in like 3 months now since the teralyst fight. If DE would let me I'd be willing to bet plat that virtually no one cares about season 2's storyline because it yet again has no basis or connection with whats going on in the actual plot. 

Ah, goalpost move, now you guys only consider it content if it advances the "primary" plot. For the record, most good stories don't work that way. Most stories develop their world and characters. If they want Nora to ever be involved in some major plotline, for whatever reason, I'll be glad for her to be an established character with backstory, rather than some DC/Marvel major heelturn story twist with a new character introducing some massive change to the status quo. They occasionally work, granted, but like. Lore is good. "Virtually no one" is pretty subjective. Are we eager for more main-plotline content? Yeah. Do I want them to bum-rush to the end of the story without any sense of pacing, and with ZERO character/world development that isn't 100% directly tied to that plot? Definitely not. I'm personally just glad that they've set up a system where we almost always have something to do, that isn't just randomized alerts and invasions, that gives us lore and story. It's a big improvement over "completely barren content drought" between every story-quest update.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

New players still can do the red war, war mind and curse of osaris. They are quests they can complete and start at any time. Destiny 2 New Light is setup so you can start working on anything like Warframe is. There's no more handholding.  

that's apparently part of the problem.  There's absolutely nothing to point them in the direction of that story.  Instead of playing through it in order from the beginning, it seems like they get dropped into the current storyline as it existed for someone who'd played everything up to the new expansion.  Important things already happened, important people are already dead.  No one is introduced, you have no time to "build" any kind of rapport with them, but they're constantly in your headphones bossing you around.

And I'm not sure why "no handholding" keeps getting held up as a good thing.  New players can benefit from some guidance.  At the bare minimum, for whatever story there is to have an obvious starting point and coherent direction.  Not every game needs to be "the next Dark Souls" with zero handholding because 'git gud' (a phrase I hate more than I can convey.)  And I've read quite a few forum posts from people who have totally bounced off the "new player experience."  Warframe has the same problem - all but one of the people I've convinced to try it quit pretty quickly, because mods and the market and the system for building weapons and setting up pets are a complicated confusing mess for a new player.  They never got as far as the Second Dream and the beginning of the amazing story, because they burned out getting rofl-stomped by level 10 Grineer because Serration wouldn't drop, they didn't have enough endo to rank up the mods they did have, and they didn't get enough Mastery for me to even give them some of my vast supply of spare mods.

When I've asked some if they'd consider trying again, the answer was a solid "No."  None of them wanted to play a game where you have to spend a week doing homework on the wiki to be able to progress at all.  Not even the ones who consider it perfectly acceptable to have to do homework on a wiki before attempting a raid.

9 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

And I'm not sure why "no handholding" keeps getting held up as a good thing.

There's a difference between expecting people to figure out game mechanics for themselves and preventing them from experiencing a narrative in its entirety. I would argue that not guiding players along with too many fake goals decreases the chance of new players getting the wrong impression of the game, allowing them to make a more informed decision. On the other hand, expecting a player to ask around for or watch youtube videos of narrative events that happened in the past actively hurts the building of emotional investment into the world and its characters.

The only thing I agree with is that all the relevant data one would have to go to the wiki for to find should be present in game. DE has talked about doing that years ago, but are working pretty slowly. Then again, they've also mentioned how they want to incorporate old events into the game for new players for years, which hasn't really happened outside of making old quests replayable. That's not the same, though.

On 2019-08-24 at 3:37 AM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I genuinely wanna know how people think the longevity of the game will be with core content creators and streamers putting warframe on the back burner or leaving the game. For reasons that many vets are complaining about (not all but a lot). Such as not enough content no challenge etc. I love this game and I’d hate to see it fade away but it feels like as time goes on it’s getting exponentially worse to say hey I’ve played warframe for an extended period of time. And if you feel like I should just play something else I do... often.... again it’s sad to see the game I love so much and put so much time into go on the decline (in my personal op) and again please don’t spam the comments with Therese plenty things to do in warframe like (help new players fashion frame remove mods to make the game more challenging wait on rail jack) a lot of people are tired of hearing that because... it hasn’t gotten better and a lot of us feel like it won’t. Most of the things all you guys are saying to us we’ve said it to others before until we got to this point where we see warframe for what it is now. Empty and lacking content challenge and from how things are going seemingly longevity.  Sorry for the rambling but how do you all feel about the current state of the game and partners / streamers leaving WF or not focusing on it?

1- Not many people care about partners/streamers (they are mostly people with bad musical taste and who don't know much about the game).

2- The game is indeed in baaad shape, so it is expected that people will leave. I personally ask myself everyday why am I still here. 

3- No matter how bad the current state of the game is, there will always be whiteknights/redditors/fanboys/whatever telling you to "take a break", asking "would you prefer rushed content with bugs?" (should I mention we will have DElayed, slowly made content with bugs when/if it launches?) or saying how "WF has plenty to do, it is the best f2p game in the galaxy, shut up" or stating "there was lots of hotfixes and tennogen and a new sugatra and all of it is content".

4- Current state of the game is terrible and I don't give a flying duck about partners/streamers comming or leaving. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fire2box said:

Yes and they can do them for zero rewards, while also having absolutely no challenge involved. Impressive new player experience, one that I wouldnt even touch with a 10 foot stick.

edit: And regarding the other post. I did enjoy season 2, it gave us a nice insight in what the infestation can actually do and how it can act. Suddenly it doesnt feel so much like a mindless virus. I got that Tyranid -lite feel from it in S2.

Edited by SneakyErvin

18 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yes and they can do them for zero rewards, while also having absolutely no challenge involved. Impressive new player experience, one that I wouldnt even touch with a 10 foot stick.

edit: And regarding the other post. I did enjoy season 2, it gave us a nice insight in what the infestation can actually do and how it can act. Suddenly it doesnt feel so much like a mindless virus. I got that Tyranid -lite feel from it in S2.

I can say the rewards part is very true being that a lot of exotics and such are in engrams now. But the challenge varies on the player. 

The content is still engaging and while may be easier because of the light boost it’s not some pushover if you’re completely new to the destiny franchise. My gf is playing through new light as we speak and while she says it’s not hard it’s engaing interesting and has much more to do for new players rather then wf. It keeps her engaged entertained and the content doesn’t require you to scour the forums and internet to get through or get an understanding of

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I can say the rewards part is very true being that a lot of exotics and such are in engrams now. But the challenge varies on the player. 

The content is still engaging and while may be easier because of the light boost it’s not some pushover if you’re completely new to the destiny franchise. My gf is playing through new light as we speak and while she says it’s not hard it’s engaing interesting and has much more to do for new players rather then wf. It keeps her engaged entertained and the content doesn’t require you to scour the forums and internet to get through or get an understanding of

And there's a thing we always forget, we don't have power limits like in destiny so while you feel engaged, it's more of shooting a bullet sponge for 5 minutes straight as the engagement. I've done this many times and my play style is just spamming that melee button on enemies because you can't brute force through any kind

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

And there's a thing we always forget, we don't have power limits like in destiny so while you feel engaged, it's more of shooting a bullet sponge for 5 minutes straight as the engagement. I've done this many times and my play style is just spamming that melee button on enemies because you can't brute force through any kind

Not really due to the power limit it’s more then just shooting at an enemy for 5 minutes. It’s the uniqueness in combat and builds currently I’m running a max discipline riskrunner build in pve and PvP (bottom tree hunter) and I’m having the time of my life. I’m a glass cannon and while I don’t one shot enemies I can mow down a crowd pretty fast. But I have to be aware of my surroundings and what’s going on. I have to know what type of enemy I’m fighting against and depending on what enemy or mode I’m playing how to engage the enemy. I buff myself if there isnt any arc enemy nearby or in map I damage myself by my grenade(which has a very short cooldown due to my build, and near instant when I use my class ability) along with the seasonal perk that makes my melee hurt a crap ton (which I get back instantly by dodging close to enemies.)  I’m op. But the enemies are still a challenge. Not bullet sponges but something that you cant kill mindlessly 

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp
  • Like 1

On 2019-08-24 at 3:14 AM, Jiminez_Burial said:

As GnarlsDarkley said, the search function exists for a reason.  I think it's fair to say the majority of us vets don't give a damn about CCs (Content Creators) anymore since they often give stupid advice such as saying crit is the only way to build, and the only people who do care about CCs are their rabid fanbases that often muddy the waters when any decent discussion should be had.  About the only one I still bother watching is Trib and that's because he seems to understand what he's talking about (he mains Loki with stat sticks ffs), and even then it's mainly as entertainment separate from Warframe.  Even then I wouldn't really care if he quit Warframe as it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game itself.  The issues with Warframe are widely known (we've been saying it for years) and content creators leaving shouldn't be the catalyst that causes change, that should be the desire to actually make the game better for people other than the LCD (Lowest Common Denominator).

On 2019-08-24 at 2:52 AM, GnarlsDarkley said:

Since many partner don't even know how to play this game (some advise players to use Shield mods on any frame...yes). I actually care absolutely Zero.

There are also lots of games without partners and they do fine as well.

And why should I stop playing a game I like because some rando on youtube says he is done with it?

Please use the search function for more answers. This topic is already a dead beatn horse with about 50 threads

Wow, I thought warframe has a great community*.  This is a bad attitude towards another person in warframe.  Doesn't matter if they make content or not, or if you like them or not, be respectful of them. No one is forcing you to watch or interact with them. (Noticed you have supporters in your ill view of content creators as well)

It's not just content creators, normal players leave too for the same reasons. Content creators are more visible, and their actions are noticed because they are more public to the community through their content and public activities. The main issue should be why players are leaving or taking breaks. (content drought would be my first thought)

Edited by Zebiko
Added another Quote with similar response
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zebiko said:

Wow, I thought warframe has a great community*.  This is a bad attitude towards another person in warframe.  Doesn't matter if they make content or not, or if you like them or not, be respectful of them. No one is forcing you to watch or interact with them. (Noticed you have supporters in your ill view of content creators as well)

Respect should be given to those deserving of it.  If you don't know what a person has to say about the subject then benefit of the doubt should be given and a base level of respect should be default.  With CCs, they publicly broadcast their view/knowledge on the subject so it's easy to tell which are deserving of respect given there's pretty much no 'doubt' for them to be given the benefit of.  I don't see my attitude as being bad, it's just the view I have of people.  With CCs the only difference between them and any other person is (as I mentioned already) the fact we know what they think.  I should clarify, when I said "the only people who care are their rabid fanbases", I meant to say "the only people who care about them (CCs) more than they do about any other player are their rabid fanbases".  I never claimed that I was being made to watch/interact with them, but I don't have any say about seeing these stupid threads in the forums either.

22 minutes ago, Zebiko said:

It's not just content creators, normal players leave too for the same reasons. Content creators are more visible, and their actions are noticed because they are more public to the community through their content and public activities. The main issue should be why players are leaving or taking breaks. (content drought would be my first thought)

And what I'm saying (I will refrain from saying "what we're saying") is that a CC leaving shouldn't hold any more weight than any other player leaving does.  What I object to is a CC being put on a pedestal simply because they are a CC.  It's the same issue I have with peoples vapid obsession with celebrities who have done nothing truly deserving of special treatment/respect.  I'm not saying there aren't reasons why people are leaving but instead I'm saying we shouldn't think that the reasons CCs are leaving are the only reasons people are leaving, or even that any suggestion given by a CC on how to make the game better should be given more weight than a suggestion given by a non-CC.  Merit should be attributed based on the suggestion itself, not who made it.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial

7 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This is how i see it - There was a time when i could put 40hrs into warframe in a single week. DE will NEVER ever be able to give me that feeling again. As a vet Its just not possible. At the same time, when i did that- The entirety of WF  probably had less content than all of Fortuna. Every Wednesday or every other Wednesday we had content drops, but it would be considered filler today simply because we have so much to do already in comparison. 

Personally, i feel like WF has overachieved greatly. I think the Devs are pushing themselves. I much prefer the way they do things now than if they decided to just milk us with new rehashed corridor tile-sets, wacky cosmetics and events. I prefer they expand the game instead of lazily releasing 3x variants of every weapon. Yes, years ago i wouldve been happy with a new Prisma variant every other week from Baro, but had they listened to me(us) we would still be in corridors, shooting sidegrade weapons that are practically just cosmetic variants. 

That said, i still do like superficial content and hope they can take a break and release a bunch of filler for us. Things like those little lore snippets from Simaris would go a loooong way to satisfying some players like me. I dont always need a mind blowing cinematic quest. Give us context to our grinding. 

You've just solidified the point of Railjack, considering:

The once virtually impossible collection of stuff to get in this game has been largely obtained after years of searching and grinding. 

The once epic eidolans are now easily defeated several times a day.

Lore fragments, secret rooms and hidden weapon mechanics have all been discovered.

The game's prized gunplay/melee play has been thoroughly mastered. 

Large updates and new frames have suddenly been proclaimed "not content", "not enough" and "this is why it's dying".

All of this simply means DE deserves a monumental congratulations for being in the pinnacle side of gaming: addicted and spoiled rotten players. Face it, we all are and this is exactly why Steve wanted Empyrean so badly. He already knew that the current model needed a big break. Content creators and forums have ruined the learning experience and now instantly show how to do and beat everything, thereby either shortening the play time needed to go from noobs to vets or promoted a negative campaign against the game because they can't get endgame. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

All of this simply means DE deserves a monumental congratulations for being in the pinnacle side of gaming: addicted and spoiled rotten players. Face it, we all are and this is exactly why Steve wanted Empyrean so badly. He already knew that the current model needed a big break. Content creators and forums have ruined the learning experience and now instantly show how to do and beat everything, thereby either shortening the play time needed to go from noobs to vets or promoted a negative campaign against the game because they can't get endgame. 

I wouldn’t call most of the players spoiled or addicted. Looking at the peak players and seeing the decline in active players you can assume that most have dropped the game for now. But besides that a lot of us care about this  game a little to much given at times and we hate to see the direction of how it’s going. Sometimes for personal gain but sometimes it’s out of genuine worry. Every player is different however and I feel like a lot of these complaints are warranted. I love the game but DE completely let go of balance for years (they admitted it) and now were at the current state where there is no balance and they are trying to do such. This caused a massive influx of issue within itself. Imo because of this the playerbase dosent like harder content because well most of them haven’t experienced it in wf being that most newer players came in around 2017-18. It feels like the devs don’t care about veteran players from their actions and that leaves a sting on players. A lot of players are upset because they feel ignored. No matter who or what the case is that’s not a good feeling. And while you may chop that up to entitlement it’s a valid reason to be cranky to extent. Putting years into a game just for a “okay go play something else” from your fellow community sucks and when it feels like the devs back that from their actions it sucks even more. Seeing how players treat founders is sad. Etc but I’m just rambling again 

2 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I wouldn’t call most of the players spoiled or addicted. Looking at the peak players and seeing the decline in active players you can assume that most have dropped the game for now. But besides that a lot of us care about this  game a little to much given at times and we hate to see the direction of how it’s going. Sometimes for personal gain but sometimes it’s out of genuine worry. Every player is different however and I feel like a lot of these complaints are warranted. I love the game but DE completely let go of balance for years (they admitted it) and now were at the current state where there is no balance and they are trying to do such. This caused a massive influx of issue within itself. Imo because of this the playerbase dosent like harder content because well most of them haven’t experienced it in wf being that most newer players came in around 2017-18. It feels like the devs don’t care about veteran players from their actions and that leaves a sting on players. A lot of players are upset because they feel ignored. No matter who or what the case is that’s not a good feeling. And while you may chop that up to entitlement it’s a valid reason to be cranky to extent. Putting years into a game just for a “okay go play something else” from your fellow community sucks and when it feels like the devs back that from their actions it sucks even more. Seeing how players treat founders is sad. Etc but I’m just rambling again 

Here's the problem: the devs aren't doing, saying or giving the oppression of neglecting vets at all. Zero. Nada.

Why is this even a thing? Listen to what you and others like you are saying: "I've played this game for YEARS(!!!!!) and I feel ignored". That's next level entitlement. Seriously.

Here's the proof. You said years, not months, weeks or days. Very, very, very few games our on that sustainability list. And, no matter what guys like LoR, Mogamu or AGGP say, you cannot begin to change the entire game based off of a requested model (difficulty, balance and endgame changes) that would require a MASSIVE overhaul without robbing the new/mid level players of the same fun you all enjoyed. The largest issue with that, of course, is that the game, its world, looks and feels would be exact same

Now, what the devs COULD do...which is exactly what they are doing, is create a massive NEW system that

A) offers an entirely new gameplay, look, feel, interaction and mechanics (Railjacks)

B) offer an endless reward circulation system that's raid ready and has an easily adjustable boss (Kuva lich)

C) potentially offer an entirely new combat system and environment with a completely new skill tree, enemy type, battle mechanics and npcs (Duviri)

D) Sentients: New enemy types, resistances, locations, etc.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Here's the problem: the devs aren't doing, saying or giving the oppression of neglecting vets at all. Zero. Nada.

Why is this even a thing? Listen to what you and others like you are saying: "I've played this game for YEARS(!!!!!) and I feel ignored". That's next level entitlement. Seriously.

Here's the proof. You said years, not months, weeks or days. Very, very, very few games our on that sustainability list. And, no matter what guys like LoR, Mogamu or AGGP say, you cannot begin to change the entire game based off of a requested model (difficulty, balance and endgame changes) that would require a MASSIVE overhaul without robbing the new/mid level players of the same fun you all enjoyed. The largest issue with that, of course, is that the game, its world, looks and feels would be exact same

Now, what the devs COULD do...which is exactly what they are doing, is create a massive NEW system that

A) offers an entirely new gameplay, look, feel, interaction and mechanics (Railjacks)

B) offer an endless reward circulation system that's raid ready and has an easily adjustable boss (Kuva lich)

C) potentially offer an entirely new combat system and environment with a completely new skill tree, enemy type, battle mechanics and npcs (Duviri)

D) Sentients: New enemy types, resistances, locations, etc.

The thing is we aren’t entitled to anything and it’s not entitlement at all it’s business. You’re many games are still good and have provided content for vets over the years to enjoy. Eso wow etc and more are a prime example. You don’t have to sacrifice the new player experience for the sake of vets nobody is saying it at all. But what we are asking for is something that could be tailored to us for once with out being marginalized for the entirety of the game. Me and a lot of players and apparently a lot of other devs see nothing wrong with having something to work towards and a proper endgame wf has none of that because everything is pretty much accessible to anyone given a few weeks of gameplay. There is no reason at this point to strive to go above or perform. A lot of vets just want something to do that can match up to the arsenal we’ve gained. We’re not demanding it because frankly most of us again aren’t playing the game right now. But I’d be nice to see the game we love seem like it cares about us. And as far as it goes de hasn’t said they don’t care. But their actions have made it feel like that. 

Again how is I’ve played the game for years supported it and also helped build the community now I feel neglected by the community and devs I ive enjoyed over the years entitlement. Seems more like a valid reason to be upset.