FissionStorm

Looking towards other games for inspiration for End-Game tier content

4 hours ago, YazMatazO said:

In WF you're in endgame as soon as you start playing the game...

Isn't that wonderful?

That's dreadful

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

And yet this is the most fun and relaxing action game I have ever played, with no other action game coming even close. All the other action games copy one another, while Warframe does its own thing, and that's what makes Warframe so successful. I think you guys need to broaden your horizons and accept Warframe for what it is rather than let yourselves be blinded and have your tastes dictated and limited by the AAA hype machine

I don't remember such a time, but then again, I'm not a grand master, I bit late to the party. Warframe for me has always been this power fantasy. I know that, as a noob, I was getting my ass handed to me, but I wouldn't say that's the Warframe experience. Everyone gets owned as a noob, we all have to learn how the game works, and when I did, Warframe was a power fantasy. That's what I want. That's Warframe for me. What you say there, that wasn't in the game for long. So that's not the game. The game has been following the same direction for the past 6 years or something, holding onto an unpolished, directionless, desperate version of the game as "The Real Warframe" is silly. The Real Warframe is the one that has a proper direction, the power fantasy one. Yours is a failed fragment of history, nothing more.

Boi if you think warframe is power fantasy then path of exiles is power fantasy dialed up to 12. And even that game has way better endgame challenging but fair than warframe.

Edited by kevoisvevo
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, kevoisvevo said:

Boi if you think warframe is power fantasy then path of exiles is power fantasy dialed up to 12. And even that game has way better endgame challenging but fair than warframe.

EDIT: Nevermind, even if I don't agree, I wouldn't be able to explain what I mean with my limited English vocabulary, so I may as well not bother. Carry on, nothing to see here.

Edited by Gabbynaru

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

And yet this is the most fun and relaxing action game I have ever played, with no other action game coming even close. 

relaxing and action game sounds like an oxymoron to me.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

As someone who has played both MH:W and Warframe, I know well enough that I would NOT like to see anything like what MH:W offers for their end-game in Warframe.  Tempered Monsters in themselves were not bad, but the Streamstone farm was terrible - several different types of streamstones, which multiple different types were required for armor augments and especially so for weapon augments.  Not to mention that if you were lucky enough to even get a warrior/hero streamstone, which again is a rarer drop and only available from the higher tier tempered monsters) you basically have a 1/14 chance for it to even be the right one as it needs to be both the right rarity and weapon class to use it. 

Then there's the "raid" which is a far worse grind than the tempered monster grind for streamstones because of the weapons you could get as rewards from finishing Kulve Taroth's siege that literally has hundreds of weapons in its drop tables, when you maybe get like what... 4~5 of weapon drops per run? Out of a pool of around 450 weapons,  if we're talking about Arch-Tempered Kulve Taroth (regular Kulve has slightly less, but also not as many orange weapons to drop).  Which if you want to maximize your rewards, you have to run with a decent sized group so you can raise the pursuit and reward levels, which often entails not being able to finish the siege on the first attempt, and with smaller groups you might have to run the siege 3~4 times over just to finish it and get the rewards at the highest pursuit/reward level.  This mechanic is what absolutely KILLED this entire siege, and sooo many people got burned out from the fight and want nothing more to do with Kulve, which is really a shame because KT is easily the best-designed siege-type monster in the series... but that's completely overshadowed by the atrocious loot tables/RNG associated with her.

Now I could see maybe taking a little inspiration from MH:W to introduce something new into Warframe, but if it involves anything like that hellish RNG nightmare from MH:W, then.. just...

the office no GIF

4 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

amen, some people want the comfort of mobile gaming without the mobile part 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

And that's why Warframe is so unique, cause it managed to successfully combine things that theoretically can't be combined.

EDIT: Oh and, I remember back in the day I was playing Unreal Tournament for similar reasons. Load a map, turn on godmode, max AI, and just blow off some steam by blowing off some heads. Very cathartic experience as well. Warframe ain't alone doing this, all shooters can be relaxing if you want them to. It just seems to me like you guys just like to be frustrated, depressed and are punishment gluttons. I'm good without that, thanks.

Edited by Gabbynaru
  • Satisfied 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, kyori said:

This game doesn't end, so there is no endgame content. Whatever endgame content you want it to be, after you have them all, you will ask for more endgame. It's "neverending".

now that's the kind of attitude and statement that brings this game down and makes the vets leave warframe for other games. this game has alot potential but its casual, power fantasy and white knighting obsessed playerbase holds it down so so much. warframe is as wide as an ocean and as deep as a puddle. if this keeps up i don't see warframe lasting another 5 years. 

Edited by kevoisvevo
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

52 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Mhw?

Monster Hunter World

Posted (edited)

I think Warframe will end up being an Open World, sandbox, or however you might call it, game. I think that's one of the reasons behind Railjack? They are slowling testing how things would work, so they will eventually implement a whole Solar System, or maybe more than just one... to explore in various ways. 

Are this thoughts absurdly wrong?

Edited by BLI7Z

12 hours ago, FissionStorm said:

To start off, this is something I've been pondering over the past few days ever since I recently completed the mainstory+all optional quests in Monster Hunter: World (my 'break' game from warframe).

As a lot of people know, one of the grandest gripes that veterans and content creators have is the lack of "endgame" content. At the moment I feel that the scope of what Warframe can achieve in missions is too short and simple to ever qualify as endgame. Arbitrations were supposed to be endgame but came up short as long drawn out grind fests or cheesing enemies, I actually haven't even seen many people queue for any Arbis except for excavation as of late. Disruption was a step in the right direction of balancing time spent vs. rewards given and hopefully the expansion of the game type will go further in that regard.

-One thing that I really feel that Warframe could use beyond its current system is more unique, intrinsic rewards from certain enemies/bosses and an expansion of the scope of boss fights. For instance, I'd like to propose something akin to how MHW handles its current endgame (which will be subject to upheaval with its new DLC) with Tempered enemies and Event quests. In short for those who don't know, in MHW a "tempered" enemy/monster has increased difficulty in the form of higher stats and more aggressive behavior and "Arch Tempered" Elder monsters with massively increased stats as well as new attacks, behaviors and gimmicks. This hike in difficulty (both active and artificial) is offset by increased rewards over normal enemies and access to new variations of gear. In addition to that, there's this "siege" quest, much like a raid, that offers some of the best-in-class weapons currently, that hinges on multiple teams of players hunting the same monster and each teams progress helps one another (example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfvoUXl53CI).

-Another thought would be to add weapons and cosmetics exclusive to each boss (with non-abysmal drop rates) akin to how Vor currently drops Seer and Cronus or how MMO bosses from games like WoW and FFXIV drop gear items exclusive to them.

Expanding upon my first idea, I'd also suggest something like a special arena where we could fight multiple bosses (with scaled up stats) simultaneously. In order to not break lore and whatnot we could say maybe that its a Simaris simulation? I imagine just an average arena with 2-4 tenno fighting Lvl. 100+ Vor/Void Vor/Sargas/Jack/Alad and Zanuka in a timed mode (or other modifiers like nightmare missions).

Warframe is in a very strange situation currently and it's very fast paced and unique so it needs to change a lot if they want endgame and challenge so that we don't hust steam roll things. But more importantly then that i don't think DE should take too much inspiration from other games. Adding raids would be nice but a raid with a layout like destiny wouldn't work in warframe most likely becuase it's a different type of game with a different pace. They have to make sure they adjust things so that it compliments the gameplay in warframe or else it'll be way too easy or it'll be so far removed from what people like about the game that a lot of people probably won't play it. But yea the boss rush things has been asked for multiple times, same with endless exterminate type modes but they kinda implemented that with eso.

I think that warframe should just start with the foundations of the game and build from there. If the foundation is faulty or just isn't ideal the more content they create the more risk there will be with changing the foundations. Then they'll have to revisit tons of other systems to accommodate the changes. If we could just start with basic stuff after or even before they release railjack i think it would make the whole game a lot better but ofc others have their opinions too. I really don't want warframe just trying to shove other games stuff into the game though because most games aren't like warframe much at all and it just wouldn't work they'll need to find the core of those game modes and additions and apply them to warframe.

5 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

now that's the kind of attitude and statement that brings this game down and makes the vets leave warframe for other games.

You mean "telling the truth" makes people quit? Damn. They must be pretty messed up. 

12 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Don't look at other games, cause none of them offer what Warframe does, so nothing you find in those games will work in Warframe without a major overhaul first (which will make Warframe become anything but Warframe).

That is a horrid way of thinking.

• Like 2