Sign in to follow this  
kapn655321

Transmuting Relics

Posted (edited)

Is something I would like to do.

I heard talk there's some changes happening to prime loot drops..
this would be one way to obtain vaulted gear.. while getting rid of Hundreds of stale relics in the (my) inventory.

Just... don't... make it like rivens where you have to have a thing to transmute them?
That's just wrong.

Make the transmute for credits. If it's for traces that would be counter productive, and frustrating.
Otherwise, would be Really great.

I have something like over 30x each of relics I cannot possibly every have time to open.
Transmuting would churn those into potentially useful ones.
Little change, big outcome.

Could be a ducat kiosk feature if you need another tie in to Baro and relays.
Wouldn't be the most convenient, but at least it would be an improvement.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

... Someone needs to flush out some credits...

Don't worry, I know what it feels like to have excess credits...

1 minute ago, Uhkretor said:

Well yeah, but I'm pretty sure this is about having excess relics. 

Posted (edited)

and yet... I also have excess relics, but a transmutation system for relics sounds... weird as the current mod transmutation system... Not to mention, it would have the same RNG attached.

... Yeah, I'm pretty sure that if they pop out a system like that for relics, that they will never give out a list of "possible choices"... even less including vaulted relics in the mix...

Edited by Uhkretor

Posted (edited)

Current transmutation system is pretty straight forward, and the RNG is to be expected.

There's no list of possible choices for regular transmutation, and TBH I don't care either way about the vaulted relics.

I have more relics then I'll ever be able to use, and the number only keeps growing. A convenient way to reduce their numbers in bulk would be awesome.

Edited by rapt0rman
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

11 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

I have more relics then I'll ever be able to use, and the number only keeps growing. A convenient way to reduce their numbers in bulk would be awesome.

This.

I'm to the point that, unless I am trying to get a specific part, I only run radiant relics. I don't even use traces outside of farming a part, because I have so many radiant relics from ESO.

Giving me something to do with my remaining relics would be nice.

Alternative concept: transmute 4 identical relics into a relic 1 tier higher. This would allow me to make most of my relics radiant (or close to it) while greatly reducing the overall number of relics I have.

• Like 1

Honestly? Please. I counted my Neo relics and I have over 500 alone

This isn’t including Lith, Meso, or Axi. I’d really love a transmutation for relics, or as mentioned above a kiosk!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Oddly enough, I don't have extra credits. 😃
If I did, I'd transmute some duplicate mods instead of exchanging them for endo.

Just thinking it's a vastly better way to pay for it than Traces.
I didn't want DE to get any ideas about using traces for this.. so specifically mentioned credits.
I'm absolutely Starved for traces.. especially compared to the literal hundreds of relics I will never use my no-traces on.

7 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

I'm absolutely Starved for traces

I know, right?

That's why I run fissures as if they were normal missions. Added traces as final reward is always nice. I'm managing to turn all my Liths into radiants. Should have that completed by the end of September...

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Oddly enough, I don't have extra credits. 😃
If I did, I'd transmute some duplicate mods instead of exchanging them for endo.

• Pretty much what this guy said, we have things like Index which out-right negated being short on credits. Even a regular rhino built for efficiency/power str/armor for Iron skin(double points of you have the iron sharpnel augment) and given a Tigris can thrive in that mode and you do not even need a credit booster.
  • And even if you can`t do index, the sheer amount of mods you can melt for credits, oberon/harrow bp parts and other misc. junk tends to pile up just as well. D.E. did not put `credit rewards` for nightwave for an obvious reason, since even 1 billion credits would hold no weight to justify taking a rank reward slot, even for a potato.

Just thinking it's a vastly better way to pay for it than Traces.
I didn't want DE to get any ideas about using traces for this.. so specifically mentioned credits.
I'm absolutely Starved for traces.. especially compared to the literal hundreds of relics I will never use my no-traces on.

• Honestly i ranted this in quite a few relic-based threads, clan & alliance chat and sometimes even to some associates in other games who also play warframe. D.E. needs to give more sources for traces then just plain running them. The fact they still have a fixed rather wide-berth of a chance on how many you can get & unless you are stacked with resource booster, smeeta procs & people constantly picking your relic`s traces, it can take a good hour in survival just to make a sizable dent for around 5 or so relics to radiant up. Plus the whole presence of tier 2 and tier 3 radiantizing relics has little to no use. Its either normal relic for commons or Radiant for uncommon/rare parts in practically most cases.

• This is honestly where i like to keep declaring that d.e. needs to smooth out and open up old systems. Trace farming could greatly benefit if you had more ways to gain void traces then just do a long haul farm, such as melting orokin freakin relics to get a nice lump of traces, since they clearly are getting spawned from some void paradox shenanigan where we likely yoink the schemetics for a part straight from a different universe. Same i do not get why D.E. just does not give us faster ways to burn thru them, maybe its greedy but i would like it if we had a special fissure mode that had enemies start at level 60-80 but every wave we clear, we could open 3 relics at a time. This would at least let more experienced players let the skill and grind investment they do, start to really get put to the test, because Warframe could honestly use more higher level content that GIVES a actual reward that isn`t chasing an absurdly low drop rate item which might be 200 platinum in the first week, but its going to be 15 plat next week because everyone wants to demand it despite it having an absurd drop rate. Bad drop rates SUCK, but its even worst when said item is TRAD-ABLE, effectively negating the reason to even try and farm it yourself in the first place, when you can buy it without the farm hassle.

• TL;DR: D.E., just bloody give us more ways to gain traces, whether its letting us open multiple of our own relics per wave in high level content aka like how we do kuva floods for double kuva or just at least let us scrap the things for traces, so we can cut down the massive time slog to restock traces every time we burn thru them all while chasing the latest prime drop but rng-sus wants to keep screwing us out of the silver & gold parts even if we do them 10+ freakin times with people also carrying the same relic and refinement value. Because even if i burn 12 relics in a single survival run, i will likely get a dozen or so more neos every time i grind thru 1 to 3 forma on hydron, thats kind of how much of a meme it is, for neo stockpiles to be much more absurdly huge without trying, compared to the other relic tiers.
Edited by Avienas
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

That's why I run fissures as if they were normal missions.

This is practically all I do. Unless I'm helping a new player clear tricky nodes, this is almost exclusively what I do. Used to do this and alerts, but alerts are gone.
So, pretty much exclusively fissures in my free time.

I would be the prototypical player who Does devote all their time into it.
If you could be well off on traces this way, I'd be there.

I'm not even saying they need to change how we get traces.
...if people have less bloat relics, the majority of people will be running relics that matter.
Not to mention, it could create scarcity in primes that flood the market, outside of just the vault conditions and drop rates.

Also, devils advocate... this might stump the number of players running fissures.

If we only run the relics we care about, we may all spend dramatically less time there. ...or, we would..?

Even with a transmute, I would still have a wealth of relics to go through. If I had a hundred relics left total, I'm still getting them back While I burn those off. There is no way to, "race to zero," on those, the way there is with traces.

It would be interesting to see whether adding fissure transmuting does or doesn't have a dramatic impact on the player pool. I'd imagine it certainly could, though could also improve the experience and benefits, making it more incentivized.

Edited by kapn655321

Posted (edited)
On 2019-08-24 at 2:17 PM, Uhkretor said:

they will never give out a list of "possible choices"

Much like current transmute, the wikia does the heavy lifting to keep us informed.
...not saying that's ideal, by any means.

Speaking of which!
Now that Index can trivialize credits..
Hows about we NOT have restrictions on what drops from mod transmutes??!

People wouldn't have to do it, if they wait for the alerts, or go to trade..
I imagine a player who does not have plat, and is feeling like a scrub for not being able to join the meta... you know, unless they're on the two weeks a year when they can get a particular mod.. That's the kinda stuff that makes people resentful.

DE has been excellent about adding new avenues to the content lately, that isn't relying just time based or currency based gating. It's gonna take a while to comb back through, approve, refine, and release new changes.. and I hope this change is one of them.
I have Always felt transmute was wasteful and ill advised Because you cannot get any mod.

Surely, the downside is new players going broke, throwing themselves against RNG trying to get a mod to spawn instead of farming it. I can understand why it's not a feature.. though the alternative is not without it's shortcomings, either.

Edited by kapn655321