Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorta Solved: Remove Lua Rescue from Sorties until it's fixed

BlackVortex

So today I failed the Lua Rescue Sortie the first time again because I hacked all the panels and none of them made the Sound FX to know you hacked the right panel to go and rescue the target.

This makes the Lua Rescue Sortie a luck game, because if you hacked all 4 panels and neither of them gave the notification that the correct panel was hacked, you just go through the portal and hope for the best.

I'm pretty sure that the chosen panel for the rescue target isn't random at all(this seems to be true for all Sortie Rescue's) but in 90% of the cases it's the last hacked panel(seems to be a counter to determine the amount of hacks needed before the target is released)
it's still possible to get the target in the first hack, but the pseudo rng seems heavily biased towards 3-4 hacks (even when going in solo)

Depending on which side I enter the Rescue room, from one of the sides it takes me roughly 10-20 seconds just to get inside of the room with the panels and I take about 5-10 seconds to hack a panel and there there is travel/idle time in between the panel hacks of 2-3 seconds

this gives me:

10-20s +
5-40s (1-4x 5-10) +
0-9s (0-3x 2-3)

so potentially I could be done in 15 seconds, but worst case, it will take me 69 seconds which means I have failed because I was over 9 seconds too slow

problem with this mission is: if you do everything right at a certain speed(well above average, my average cipher time is 6s and have over 10K hacks of which about 5-10 I used a cipher to autohack), but you do not hear the notification from the target and end up having to hack all panels and check the portals, you will fail 90% of the times (because 90% of the times you need 3-4 hacks in Sorties)

Today I had to run the mission twice and it wasted around 5 minutes, which in Warframe happens a lot ("Connection to the host has been lost" usually renders your last mission completely wasted)

FIX:
- add visual marker if the correct panel was hacked

Edit:
So I figured out the reason for not hearing the rescue target was because it's tied to the Transmission volume...

the current sound system is a mess, I have no idea which slider affects what.

shouldn't the target talking be tied to the Speech rather than Transmission volume?

Edited by BlackVortex

14 hours ago, BlackVortex said:

so potentially I could be done in 15 seconds, but worst case, it will take me 69 seconds which means I have failed because I was over 9 seconds too slow

The worst case can easily pass the mission by using Air support charges with Liset for security override, while rescue timer is counting down. This pauses or extend the timer, adding about 15 or more seconds to available time to rescue. Much better when multiple players in squad uses Air support charges with Liset.

9 hours ago, sam686 said:

The worst case can easily pass the mission by using Air support charges with Liset for security override, while rescue timer is counting down. This pauses or extend the timer, adding about 15 or more seconds to available time to rescue. Much better when multiple players in squad uses Air support charges with Liset.

tbh, using a liset for this should not be a requirement to be able to pass this mission solo 100% of the times

skill and speed should be enough without having to resort to consumables just to be sure

if they either add a visual marker when you hacked the right console or fix the sound notification(unless this is turned off in Sorties on purpose, then it's just poor judgment on the design team) so that it always triggers when hacked the right console. (I know this is either turned off or bugged because I hacked a console which did not trigger a notification, but considering it was the last panel I decided to go through the portal and there was the rescue target, this hasn't happened just once but several times)

right now, this mission is just tedious

Edited by BlackVortex

I just did todays yesterday's lua rescue and i hear the operative shouting, "im in here!". Maybe turn on speech volume louder? (not the voice receive volume or enable voice or operator voice. The one with slider between music and transmissions). AFAIK that option is in control of npc/enemy volumes like Konzu and Eudico as well as Grineer with their clem and tenu skoom voice lines.

Edited by Kenouji
changed today to yesterday
  • Like 2

On 2019-08-24 at 12:54 PM, BlackVortex said:

worst case, it will take me 69 seconds which means I have failed because I was over 9 seconds too slow

There was 70 seconds to rescue. My Air support charges with Liset have added 15 seconds to time. Completed Sortie just before sortie expired.

Might be right that there is some possible problems.

1.  No double lock doors like all other rescue missions have. Someone rushed and started timer early.

2. Hostage do talk when correct terminal have passed, but it is very hard to hear with Lotus talking, weapon firing, unavoidable alarm bells in Sortie, and the sound of terminals, all at the same time.

3. Where is the subtitles when rescue hostage is talking "I'm in here"? Is subtitles too busy with annoying Lotus?

6 hours ago, Kenouji said:

I just did todays yesterday's lua rescue and i hear the operative shouting, "im in here!". Maybe turn on speech volume louder? (not the voice receive volume or enable voice or operator voice. The one with slider between music and transmissions). AFAIK that option is in control of npc/enemy volumes like Konzu and Eudico as well as Grineer with their clem and tenu skoom voice lines.

speech volume isn't the issue, I didn't change it and did the same mission a few days before and I did hear the notification

but yesterday it didn't, I tried it 3 times in a row and replayed it to make sure it wasn't giving the notification

i usually play warframe muted to listen to music, but for those lua rescue i unmute the game to hear the prisoner when i hack the correct portal-console. so far, i always got to the prisoner except once when my invisibility worn off at the wrong time and it got me killed which in turn did cost me too much time and i wasn't able to hack the last console... which likely was the one where the poor bugger was beyond... too bad, for him/her and me too ^^)

15 hours ago, sam686 said:

2. Hostage do talk when correct terminal have passed, but it is very hard to hear with Lotus talking, weapon firing, unavoidable alarm bells in Sortie, and the sound of terminals, all at the same time.

3. Where is the subtitles when rescue hostage is talking "I'm in here"? Is subtitles too busy with annoying Lotus?

2. When I retried it a few times, there was no other sound, no mobs(all cleared) and no transmission, I'm starting to think my game was just bugged and needed a restart
I have a similar issue with the Itzal, sometimes when I use the first skill, it doesn't show the teleport animation at all, it just teleports without the animation

3. I have subtitles on at all times, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work for the rescue target's notification, but this is also a potential(and very simple and effortless) fix

7 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

I'm starting to think my game was just bugged and needed a restart

A few things that might be specific to you.

1. Corrupted or damage files. Open Warframe launcher, verify download.

2. Bad config. Can fully reset all config. Close down Warframe. Go to %LocalAppData%\warframe or C:\Users\_____\Appdata\Local\Warframe (fill in the blank) and just deleie everything. (game itself is stores elsewhere and will not require install again)

8 hours ago, sam686 said:

A few things that might be specific to you.

1. Corrupted or damage files. Open Warframe launcher, verify download.

2. Bad config. Can fully reset all config. Close down Warframe. Go to %LocalAppData%\warframe or C:\Users\_____\Appdata\Local\Warframe (fill in the blank) and just deleie everything. (game itself is stores elsewhere and will not require install again)

SOLVED:

it's the TRANSMISSION VOLUME

On 2019-08-25 at 7:57 PM, Kenouji said:

just figured out it's the Transmission volume, not the Speech volume