Celiste

Trinity + Link + Quick Thinking

Posted (edited)

Trinity's Link ability completely breaks when the player takes lethal damage which is prevented by Quick Thinking

The moment the player hits 2 HP, Link no longer prevents status effects (in the video I begin staggering from the Bombards' rockets) and (this appears to be an effect of Quick Thinking staggering me due to heavy damage while it's active, thus probably intended) my Operator's invincibility from Void Mode is even canceled out completely. I'm fairly certain Link also does not reduce damage taken to energy either (which may or may not be intended).

Edited by Celiste
Embedded video!

I'm not super familiar with either Link or Quick Thinking.

I do remember that quite a while ago Quick Thinking was seriously nerfed by changing it so that every time it triggers (your HP drops), your WF gets staggered. 

In the video it looks like every time you take a hit at low HP, QT activates and a stagger occurs. That last rocket that killed you seems like it did too much dmg for your energy pool to cover.

It does seem like Link's damage reduction is not working correctly.

Checking the wiki, there's this line in the abilities description:

• Self-inflicted damage and friendly fire is not transferred.

The stagger from QT may be considered self-inflicted in this instance. 

The stagger looks like it's from Quick Thinking preventing lethal damage. Not sure why your operator instantly died while in void mode.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb sinnae:

The stagger looks like it's from Quick Thinking preventing lethal damage. Not sure why your operator instantly died while in void mode.

Wiki does indeed state that Quick Thinking will stagger you:

Zitat

While under the effects of Quick Thinking (2 HP and losing energy instead), strong hits against you will cause a 'Stagger' effect, briefly causing your Warframe to stumble in place.

So that issue is unrelated after all.

It still seems to me that the damage reduction from Link is not applied, which may or may not be intended. My operator dying seems like a bug at least from my point of view, regardless.