Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gashapon Token System! (Counter Concept On Tokens, Concept For Rng Improvement)

Arlayn

That is right replacing normal RNG with an RNG that will be pure RNG as you use RNG to collect tokens in missions...

So using RNG luck to collect tokens you would use these tokens and pray to the RNG gods for random gear its like the daily bonus reward except its a slot machine with different rewards...

Similar to the Gundam SD online system.

1333011205_sdgo-game1.jpg

For example for 14,800 you get the chance to win 6 very famous gundam characters... So in the Warframe system it would be

Tokens for several slot machines that would include Warframe Blueprints, and Warframe part blueprints... So when you go to fight bosses you get Warframe tokens. With the Warframe tokens you can put them in the warframe slot machine which would be expensive like maybe say...

At random bosses may drop between 100-300 tokens at a time sometimes 130 or 280... just random numbers, but you need 1500 in order to put the tokens in the machine for a chance to win a Warframe blueprint, or warframe blueprint parts.

Then comes the Prime Warframe Tokens which you gain from beating the void. No matter what you always get a drop of Prime Warframe tokens, and Prime Weapon tokens both of them... and it would cost like 3000 tokens for Prime Warframe BPs, or Prime Warframe part BPs...

Then by doing random missions you get Weapon Tokens. Between 10-100. It would cost about 500 for basic normal versions of gear like things like the strun, or boar, or any weapon not requiring a mastery rank to use.

Then the more advanced weapons that require mastery rank, or are abit fancy like Miter... They would cost 1000 tokens and be in a separate slot machine.

Then the Prime tokens would have to be used at about 1500 tokens for a chance to earn Prime weapon parts, and BPs.

Then for Clan weapons you would need 5000 normal weapon tokens in order to obtain a Blueprint for them.

The Market would be rendered obsolete and force players to instead of buying weapons, and warframes in the market for credits instead they would use tokens in slot machines in hopes they would get the BPs they want.

For a Sentinel BP they would have their own slot machine which requires a combo of both weapon, and Warframe tokens, and you get the chance to win a Sentinel BP, or a Sentinel weapon BP. Like about 1000 weapon tokens+1000 warframe tokens.

And for a Clan Sentinel BP, and clan sent weapon BP... well its just super duper ultra rare and pops up in the same machine as the sentinels but take forever to get... (this way people will learn to be satisfied with what sentinel they get since it cost so much tokens.

However you can also spend plat to buy warframe tokens, weapon tokens, prime warframe tokens, and prime weapon tokens.

(personal opinion: This is the only way I would accept a token system really... but to everyone their own opinion)

Edited by Arlayn

That's the only way a Token system can be used... otherwise our current RNG is the most superior system in the online gaming community... seriously grinding for months is pure evil, and token systems are garbage no matter what game they are used in. Unless its Gundam SD online the only game to properly use such a system.

Our current RNG promotes getting resources, BPs, and various other tools required for building anything in the game easy, far easier then any game... but I still wouldn't mind a gashapon system... those are fun...

That's the only way a Token system can be used... otherwise our current RNG is the most superior system in the online gaming community... seriously grinding for months is pure evil, and token systems are garbage no matter what game they are used in. Unless its Gundam SD online the only game to properly use such a system.

Our current RNG promotes getting resources, BPs, and various other tools required for building anything in the game easy, far easier then any game... but I still wouldn't mind a gashapon system... those are fun...

No, we can use a trade in method, get some data (i.e. how many runs do the devs think are ok in order to get a full new frame, how many do the players think are ok, etc), then work it in like that. For non void missions we could trade in BPs for tokens (i.e. systems/chassis/helmet) to trade for other bps.

The current RNG is ok, the RNG you purpose is worse. They can do a token system and not make it super grindy.

(And HA! I thought you were joking...)

No, we can use a trade in method, get some data (i.e. how many runs do the devs think are ok in order to get a full new frame, how many do the players think are ok, etc), then work it in like that. For non void missions we could trade in BPs for tokens (i.e. systems/chassis/helmet) to trade for other bps.

The current RNG is ok, the RNG you purpose is worse. They can do a token system and not make it super grindy.

(And HA! I thought you were joking...)

its a concept designed to be a counter concept which in itself is a concept as to why to not make a token concept...

The reason being is that trading stuff in is highly irritating... Trading it in for tokens reminds me of Planet Calypso... I would rather DE stick to the hardworking path of placing things behind time/grind, and difficulty walls... Because eventually there will be players that will demand that DE gives its more advanced players a chance to earn gear that only the elite will carry... not behind a clan wall, not behind a rank mastery wall but by pure difficulty, and a series of incredibly hard task to obtain certain resources, and the BP in order to build said ultra rare, hard to obtain gear. A Token system breaks the elite system. Making it harder for elite players to even exist...

the current RNG does need some tweaking SOME even I would prefer it if RNG was restricted to planets 100% meaning even mods were planet restricted... which shrinks the pools on each planet making it easier to gain some rare mods without traveling to the void each and every time(usually becoming a chore just to find someone in the recruit channel each and every time.

For example have abunch of commons, some uncommon, and 1 rare exist within the drop table of Mercury. Then increase this along side the planet difficulty, but give the Void, and Orokin derelict the HIGHEST chances of getting rare mods.

A Token system would render the need of going to higher planets such as Eris pointless. Meaning players who want to kill those bosses, or get close to them will no longer be able to because no one will want to go that far. They will just play in the easy zone, get tokens, and buy everything... No one will ever want to go far at all.

Where as our Current RNG system has tons of room for improvement and is by far the easiest of them all to use, but could easily become easier. They could also make the other bosses have similar drop system like Golem. People already have issues with Rhino BP going into ground, why not have it show up as a reward at the end of the mission automatically, and do this for every boss in the game? That way it is guaranteed you will get something as you beat each boss in the game, you may end up with hundreds of heads, and chassis making systems ultra rare, but at least you get some part of the warframe, and people will not ditch the game mid way causing host migration issues.

This is my Concept on how to fix the RNG, and my counter-concept on why Token systems should never be used!

-1 (although I realize this is an attempt at a trololol/flamebait/joke thread)

Its people like you that screw up our community :(

Its obviously not trolling... so if you don't agree with something just say no thanks instead of making assumptions or even joking about someone trolling..

Sorry but I had to say it... Its getting quite annoying now days.

its a concept designed to be a counter concept which in itself is a concept as to why to not make a token concept...

The reason being is that trading stuff in is highly irritating... Trading it in for tokens reminds me of Planet Calypso... I would rather DE stick to the hardworking path of placing things behind time/grind, and difficulty walls... Because eventually there will be players that will demand that DE gives its more advanced players a chance to earn gear that only the elite will carry... not behind a clan wall, not behind a rank mastery wall but by pure difficulty, and a series of incredibly hard task to obtain certain resources, and the BP in order to build said ultra rare, hard to obtain gear. A Token system breaks the elite system. Making it harder for elite players to even exist...

It doesn't have to be converted to a PURE token system. The token system could be an addon, i.e. you can still farm the void as normal, but now you can trade in your spare dakra prime handles/latron prime stocks/etc for tokens, which you can then use to buy another item. You still do the grind. You still do the work, but now you have something that helps fix the problem with RNG.

the current RNG does need some tweaking SOME even I would prefer it if RNG was restricted to planets 100% meaning even mods were planet restricted... which shrinks the pools on each planet making it easier to gain some rare mods without traveling to the void each and every time(usually becoming a chore just to find someone in the recruit channel each and every time.

For example have abunch of commons, some uncommon, and 1 rare exist within the drop table of Mercury. Then increase this along side the planet difficulty, but give the Void, and Orokin derelict the HIGHEST chances of getting rare mods.

Ok, sure. Not sure how that applies to BPs being able to be traded in for tokens (or void bits being traded in)

A Token system would render the need of going to higher planets such as Eris pointless. Meaning players who want to kill those bosses, or get close to them will no longer be able to because no one will want to go that far. They will just play in the easy zone, get tokens, and buy everything... No one will ever want to go far at all.

Again, no. They could make mercury tokens, venus tokens, void tokens, etc. Or Seer tokens, LAtron Prime tokens, etc.

Where as our Current RNG system has tons of room for improvement and is by far the easiest of them all to use, but could easily become easier. They could also make the other bosses have similar drop system like Golem. People already have issues with Rhino BP going into ground, why not have it show up as a reward at the end of the mission automatically, and do this for every boss in the game? That way it is guaranteed you will get something as you beat each boss in the game, you may end up with hundreds of heads, and chassis making systems ultra rare, but at least you get some part of the warframe, and people will not ditch the game mid way causing host migration issues.

That's a solution too, changing all bosses to have a golem style drop, but it again only slightly improves the RNG system if they make one bit super rare (i.e. say systems with a 1% chance or something)

Its people like you that screw up our community :(

Its obviously not trolling... so if you don't agree with something just say no thanks instead of making assumptions or even joking about someone trolling..

Sorry but I had to say it... Its getting quite annoying now days.

"Its obviously not trolling..."

His last thread was put in the exact same tone as this one, but that one he considered a troll/joke thread ergo same tone, different thread...

His last thread was put in the exact same tone as this one, but that one he considered a troll/joke thread ergo same tone, different thread...

yes I do have a screwed up tone... and never get the right tone across... oh well

Said it before and say it again...

Token system... its a farm in a farm... disguised as a good idea when really its just Nekros all over again... except for its to get EVERYTHING IN THE GAME!

I'll say it again too.

You can implement it alongside the current system by allowing bits to be traded in, instead of farming purely for tokens

yes I do have a screwed up tone... and never get the right tone across... oh well

Yeah, That's where I got mistaken, it was the same tone as the last thread, so I assumed it was a troll/joke too. (And I apologize for assuming that about this thread I guess)

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

If Im correct we are both thinking of the same thread here?

"If warframe was real"

If so... then no.

It was a completely different tone imo...

I dont want to delve into this alot so Im not going to reply to a post that reply's to this unless its necessary.

Hey but thanks for sticking up and saying sorry ;)

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

"If warframe was real"

If so... then no.

It was a completely different thread...

I dont want to delve into this alot so Im not going to reply to a post that reply's to this unless its necessary.

Yup same thread, but so what? The same tone gave me the same impression, and the tone of your writing on the internet is the only way to judge if someone is being sarcastic (well, mostly), or serious. Or trolling.

I'll say it again too.

You can implement it alongside the current system by allowing bits to be traded in, instead of farming purely for tokens

Yeah, That's where I got mistaken, it was the same tone as the last thread, so I assumed it was a troll/joke too. (And I apologize for assuming that about this thread I guess)

This current one is more of a trap thread... leave it with one title, then switch it out after people jumped into it.

"If warframe was real"

If so... then no.

It was a completely different tone imo...

Hey but thanks for sticking up and saying sorry ;)

The last one its tone was to be a joke... but it got out of hand and I got caught up with it...

Edited by Arlayn

Ah, so it is a troll thread (Note to self, remember the title. Something about gashapon)

Gashapon is like a slot toy vending machine in Japan... quite popular, and the toys that come out of it are friggin awesome...

On another note its not a troll thread, its a thread to lure you in to discuss why token bad, and RNG can be improved...

Gashapon is like a slot toy vending machine in Japan... quite popular, and the toys that come out of it are friggin awesome...

On another note its not a troll thread, its a thread to lure you in to discuss why token bad, and RNG can be improved...

Ah, well, a token system CAN be done, and it can improve/be a system to balance out RNG though. You're going all or nothing, not looking inbetween. You're assuming EVERYTHING must be converted to a token system, or nothing can use a token system, instead of seeing that you could (for example) trade in (i.e.) Pluto/excal BPs for Pluto/excal tokens to trade for resources found on pluto/excal BPs.

Tokens aren't bad if done correctly, if done all or nothing, yes, they're bad. Done as an addon system more or less, it could be very helpful.