Sign in to follow this  
Klokwerkaos

1337 skillz0rz

Posted (edited)

Shout out to DethKnight1012  aka "that one knight" on youtube.

this guy is a warframe legend.  i think it took him about 4 hours with no hints to get the time.

i always consider the first person to do a puzzle course like this pretty beast even if they don't get the best time because once it's out there everyone can just study the video and make marked improvements without needing to figure it out completely for themselves.

dude claimed my significant plat bounty by showing his 1337 warframe skills thusly:

there is still (as of now) a 600P bounty up for first sub 2:30 which i believe is possible from the footage (you can contact me in game for an invite if you want to try).

with how easy the game is, i always find it awesome to see some amazing course runners in action really testing what warframe players are capable of.

If you think this kind of stuff is cool, definitely check out youtube for "warframe dojo obstacle course" for some other really kick butt players on some beast courses.

Edited by Klokwerkaos
  • Like 1

Just now, JackHargreav said:

Great. I was missing these kind of posts.

I lied.

if it's not for you then, it's not for you.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I don't get it. How does one know where to move next, after each checkpoint?

2 minutes ago, bl1te said:

I don't get it. How does one know where to move next, after each checkpoint?

they don't.  that's kind of part of the challenge.

Posted (edited)
2 минуты назад, Klokwerkaos сказал:

they don't.  that's kind of part of the challenge.

So, theoretically, you can complete it in 5-10 seconds by jumping straight from start to finish?

Or the goal is to visit each checkpoint, necessarily?

Edited by bl1te

That looks mighty interestin'. It's a proper mastery challenge test 😄 

But the community would never allow that now, would they?

Just now, YazMatazO said:

the truly difficult part is that, while you can't see it much in the video, those orange-Ish red walls are all over the place...

you can sorta see some of them, but even in the actual room there is so many it's really hard to tell where the holes are (which i built in on purpose to make it more disorienting)

2 minutes ago, bl1te said:

So, theoretically, you can complete it in 5-10 seconds by jumping straight from start to finish?

Or the goal is to visit each checkpoint, necessarily?

you have to kill all dummies and go through all gates to complete a custom dojo course.  there are 20 gates and I"m not even sure how many dummies.

• Woah 1

3 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

*Rushes to open warframe and build custom obstacle course

30 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Yeah, that'd be a no from me, dawg 😛

The only reason I'd ever even attempt this is if Jigsaw from the Saw movies was threatening to kill me if I don't.

7 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Yeah, that'd be a no from me, dawg 😛

The only reason I'd ever even attempt this is if Jigsaw from the Saw movies was threatening to kill me if I don't.

But that's fine... no body would force you. I mean your MR would never rise above a certain threshold, but that'd be only fair then, no?

38 minutes ago, 844448 said:

*Rushes to open warframe and build custom obstacle course

Who knows?... You might come up with something good :). 

40 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

the truly difficult part is that, while you can't see it much in the video, those orange-Ish red walls are all over the place...

you can sorta see some of them, but even in the actual room there is so many it's really hard to tell where the holes are (which i built in on purpose to make it more disorienting)

I noticed those. Are the target dummies randomly spawned?

Just now, YazMatazO said:

But that's fine... no body would force you. I mean your MR would never rise above a certain threshold, but that'd be only fair then, no?

Errr.... Explicitly no. Obstacle courses are just fine exactly where they are, for people to do them if they feel like it.

1 hour ago, Klokwerkaos said:

this guy is a warframe legend

So he's a clickbaiting fool, like every other WF-YouTuber ever?

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

So he's a clickbaiting fool, like every other WF-YouTuber ever?

Don't know about that, I know of at least 1 youtuber with MAD 1337 skillz who runs a channel with the name Tavier Corsair, the best warframe player I have ever saw in action. I don't know how good the player in the video is in actual gameplay but he/she seems quite capable even if I'm sure it took quite a few tries to get that result.

Edited by Olphalarepth

1 hour ago, rapt0rman said:

Errr.... Explicitly no. Obstacle courses are just fine exactly where they are, for people to do them if they feel like it.

Why are you so opposed to the notion, though? It's not like it's going to happen, you know. 

Albeit, if such tests are designed for the ranks above 27, then those would acquire at least some meaning in the sense that not everyone would be able to do them. Is that such an anathema? 

9 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Why are you so opposed to the notion, though? It's not like it's going to happen, you know. 

Albeit, if such tests are designed for the ranks above 27, then those would acquire at least some meaning in the sense that not everyone would be able to do them. Is that such an anathema? 

Well, whether or not it's going to happen isn't really going to change how opposed to something I am.

Warframe just isn't the type of game to expect this kind of coordination in actual gameplay, so it has no place as a mastery test. They aren't there to exclude people based on unrealistic expectations.

If Warframe ever becomes the Darksouls of parkour, then sure.

5 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Well, whether or not it's going to happen isn't really going to change how opposed to something I am.

Warframe just isn't the type of game to expect this kind of coordination in actual gameplay, so it has no place as a mastery test. They aren't there to exclude people based on unrealistic expectations.

If Warframe ever becomes the Darksouls of parkour, then sure.

A point I'd like to make here.

7 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Warframe just isn't the type of game to expect this kind of coordination in actual gameplay,

The video proves this wrong, no? Surely you being able to move in precise manner leads to more opportunities to deal damage and finish missions quicker. If looting is everybody's favourite game in WF, then parkouring well is an essential part of this three-dimensional shooter with 1-2 kms of distance between mission start and mission finish. 

If MR tests above 27 ever become something like this then the people able to achieve it have mastered that aspect of the game. It won't exclude anyone from anything, though. Practically you don't need MR above... what... 18? For the record I don't think I will ever be able to do it, but it'd be cool to have it. 

1 minute ago, YazMatazO said:

A point I'd like to make here.

The video proves this wrong, no? Surely you being able to move in precise manner leads to more opportunities to deal damage and finish missions quicker. If looting is everybody's favourite game in WF, then parkouring well is an essential part of this three-dimensional shooter with 1-2 kms of distance between mission start and mission finish. 

If MR tests above 27 ever become something like this then the people able to achieve it have mastered that aspect of the game. It won't exclude anyone from anything, though. Practically you don't need MR above... what... 18? For the record I don't think I will ever be able to do it, but it'd be cool to have it. 

Well no, this kind of coordination being possible, and it being "expected" are two different things.

Just now, rapt0rman said:

Well no, this kind of coordination being possible, and it being "expected" are two different things.

The discrepancy between possible and expected is the measure of skill on the human spectrum where every single member of the specie has a spot. Past the practical optimum, i.e., MR 27, there no reason why a test shouldn't show who's really that good at the game? 

1 minute ago, YazMatazO said:

The discrepancy between possible and expected is the measure of skill on the human spectrum where every single member of the specie has a spot. Past the practical optimum, i.e., MR 27, there no reason why a test shouldn't show who's really that good at the game? 

I think you're misunderstanding something, the difference between possible and and expected, is that one is a requirement.

"Warframe just isn't the type of game to [require] this kind of coordination in actual gameplay."

2 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

I think you're misunderstanding something, the difference between possible and and expected, is that one is a requirement.

"Warframe just isn't the type of game to [require] this kind of coordination in actual gameplay."

I think I clear that in the second sentence of my previous argument. I do say it's past the practical optimum. 

17 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Past the practical optimum, i.e., MR 27, there no reason why a test shouldn't show who's really that good at the game? 

Basically in the end, my answer is that I want all 30 of mastery ranks someday in the future, and I think there's plenty of other places that over the top, convoluted, obstacle courses can be put so that people can do them if they want to without impacting my progression ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Basically in the end, my answer is that I want all 30 of mastery ranks someday in the future, and I think there's plenty of other places that over the top, convoluted, obstacle courses can be put so that people can do them if they want to without impacting my progression ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, that's fair... if a bit myopic. 

Well, you had it right from the beginning 😛

4 hours ago, YazMatazO said: