Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Say "We Want Rewards", without ever actually Saying or Agreeing on what they want.

Nez-Kal

12 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

Literal years of players and even Partners saying what we want and here comes this dude trying to farm Rep by saying no one ever tells DE.

I just got off multiple vids of Partners complaining about the Echoes of Umbra, and guess what, ALL gave vague "Cosmetics maybe?" and "You know....Things" answer to what they would prefer in the new Reward tables. Like, not even kidding. I worded my main post the way I did with those Partners as a MAJOR inspiration for it, and their comment sections all echoing "Yeah....Stuff", without anyone ever saying anything specific at all.

EDIT: Also "This Dude trying to farm Rep". Hey, this "Dude" at least got folks talking about it, and SAYING things for once. Better than you and your "Whaaaaah! New War got delayed!!!" post.

Edited by Tangent-Valley
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

at least got folks talking about it, and SAYING things for once

Lol dude you have a high rep on the forums so I can only assume you've been around long enough to know nothing about this is new, people have said what they wanted and it doesnt get added, people have said what they dont want and it still gets added. You say he has gotten people talking about it like people havent talked about it before and gotten no where. Also it's not the players job to make content and rewards and never should be. So if people wanna say what they dont like about something let them, know what people dont like is its own form of feed back.

7 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Lol dude you have a high rep on the forums so I can only assume you've been around long enough to know nothing about this is new, people have said what they wanted and it doesnt get added, people have said what they dont want and it still gets added. You say he has gotten people talking about it like people havent talked about it before and gotten no where. Also it's not the players job to make content and rewards and never should be. So if people wanna say what they dont like about something let them, know what people dont like is its own form of feed back.

And by this logic, there should be no Forums, no one should ever say anything EVER, and DE has never, EVER listened to the feedback they've gotten before and incorporated it in their game in any way whatsoever.

(It's so weird too. Oberon's 1st Ability actually does scaling damage correctly now after his initial Rework. Wonder how that ever happened.....huh...../s)

42 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I just got off multiple vids of Partners complaining about the Echoes of Umbra, and guess what, ALL gave vague "Cosmetics maybe?" and "You know....Things" answer to what they would prefer in the new Reward tables. Like, not even kidding. I worded my main post the way I did with those Partners as a MAJOR inspiration for it, and their comment sections all echoing "Yeah....Stuff", without anyone ever saying anything specific at all.

EDIT: Also "This Dude trying to farm Rep". Hey, this "Dude" at least got folks talking about it, and SAYING things for once. Better than you and your "Whaaaaah! New War got delayed!!!" post.

3 pages in the forums means "talking"?

Mate, some of the stuff I've talked about eclipsed that completely and here you are acting like 3 pages of people circlejerking is an achievement.

BTW, well done checking my profile trying desperately to find ammo since you had nothing to say 🙂

Edited by Ephemiel

Just now, Ephemiel said:

Glad to know you only focused on new videos, you did well man.

Because snapping points = The entire issue. Yes. Good job there. I've been profoundly defeated, and your insult has drawn metaphorical blood by the bucket loads.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Because snapping points = The entire issue. Yes. Good job there. I've been profoundly defeated, and your insult has drawn metaphorical blood by the bucket loads.

My insult? Are you reflecting like the guy that keeps saying anyone that disagrees with him has a Messiah complex?

I honestly don't see the issue....

If you asked players what they want ofcourse you would get different answers....

They are different players doing different things at different levels of progression....

Theres nothing wrong with the answers being given....

The question is just stupid....

Now "What do you want from Sorties/Arbitration/Boss Fights ?" Etc would give you a more precise answer

Simple as that...

I mean, it's not like DE has an entire council, who could help Design the game, rather than just be asked to do token Augments and the odd weapon concept every once in a blue moon.

we could call it something like... maybe a Design Council, I bet that would be really helpful if DE let them help out more...

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

11 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Yes. And remember when they EXPLICITLY said they were aware that parts of the Player-Base wanted the Kuva rewards to scale, and then stated that They (The Leads and Developers) did not want it too because they felt that would give "Elite" Endurance Runners (Those use to the Void Key days, and running Missions for hours on end) a HUGE potential advantage when it came to Rivens and rolling those "Desired" stats for the Market, and how "...That not the game we're trying to make here".

If anything, you're just proving that YOU don't listen to DE when they state things Players and the Community have asked for, and their follow-ups to them. Thanks for making your position so obviously clear.

i don't say that they aren't listening to player they are listening to casual player and making contente for casual because they give more money    partners and veterans are ignored any partners will tell you the same thing they give a lot of feedback in every update all they receive is ''thank you for your feedback'' and nothing change at all  Stop making excuses like DE is perfect and you have all the answers because  all i see her is a Fanboy making a post to tell the player who want a better rewards to shut their mouth

11 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I honestly don't see the issue....

If you asked players what they want ofcourse you would get different answers...

^That.

My personal idea of rewards is new weapons or frames, I personally couldn't care less about cosmetics or things like Kuva or Rivens.

And that's just me, there could be somebody who agrees with me, completely disagrees with me, or anywhere in between.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Warframe_Elite_1 said:

i don't say that they aren't listening to player they are listening to casual player and making contente for casual because they give more money    partners and veterans are ignored any partners will tell you the same thing they give a lot of feedback in every update all they receive is ''thank you for your feedback'' and nothing change at all  Stop making excuses like DE is perfect and you have all the answers because  all i see her is a Fanboy making a post to tell the player who want a better rewards to shut their mouth

So wait.....you're saying that DE is SPECIFICALLY ignoring "Veterans" and "Partners", and only appealing to "Casuals"? Wow, they must have someone on the clock 24/7 to make sure they NEVER take in any opinions from "Vets" and such.

"Oh, we have another idea coming out of the Forums-"

"Wait, Sir! That idea came from a guy who has over 1k Hours in game!! It's extremely vague whether they're a Veteran or not, but we can't take that risk! Ignore it!!!"

"Whew! That was a close one! Thanks, Bob."

But basically what you're saying is: "Warframe Partners have a platform to share their opinion on things, therefore DE should listen to them more than anyone else!"
Cause yeah, giving a few Elites with no True Stakes or Investments in something total decision power has never gone wrong at all. ("But their channels!", Pfft, please! Rob was gonna move onto Anthem, and Rio is playing Mortal Kombat now. They got other things they can move onto.)

• Like 1

Man.. so badly I'd like a job at the DE, just because I shouldn't make any effort in inventing new ways to keep players entertained. Just let them think they have to do the job for me and all I have to do is put it in game, that's all, and they'd pay me for it

8 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

So wait.....you're saying that DE is SPECIFICALLY ignoring "Veterans" and "Partners", and only appealing to "Casuals"? Wow, they must have someone on the clock 24/7 to make sure they NEVER take in any opinions from "Vets" and such.

"Oh, we have another idea coming out of the Forums-"

"Wait, Sir! That idea came from a guy who has over 1k Hours in game!! It's extremely vague whether they're a Veteran or not, but we can't take that risk! Ignore it!!!"

"Whew! That was a close one! Thanks, Bob."

But basically what you're saying is: "Warframe Partners have a platform to share their opinion on things, therefore DE should listen to them more than anyone else!"
Cause yeah, giving a few Elites with no True Stakes or Investments in something total decision power has never gone wrong at all. ("But their channels!", Pfft, please! Rob was gonna move onto Anthem, and Rio is playing Mortal Kombat now. They got other things they can move onto.)

no all i say is you think that DE is perfect and they are listening to every one and all what  we will say will never convince you  talking with you is like talking to a stone ^^ you can say what you want  the fact that players know exactly what type of rewards they want  and they always telling  to DE via partners and forums..etc and they chose to ignore them players ask for content DE give them more cosmetics player wanted more raids DE Delete them for X period of time they do what they want and that will never change

1 hour ago, Neuerwinter said:

Man.. so badly I'd like a job at the DE, just because I shouldn't make any effort in inventing new ways to keep players entertained. Just let them think they have to do the job for me and all I have to do is put it in game, that's all, and they'd pay me for it

Plenty of people are doing that on Reddit and even the Forum, some writing walls of text and spending hours to calculate how each ability could be balanced in complex rework threads, or posting ideas for new game modes, or adding to the lore, or adding content in general, for completely free.

Funnily (or more like sadly)enough, these are exactly the people/threads DE doesn't listen to.

It's amazing how delusional forum warriors are when it comes to balance and game design. 

Theory crafting in your head and actually implementing something in game are two very different things. 

DE don't implement many fan ideas because the majority of them are shortsighted, and would create more problems. Most player ideas usually amount to gating rewards for players that enjoy extreme tedious play/grind that break the game, giving out top tier rewards like candy which will only make vets bored in the long run, or a constant influx of items/mods as if the devs can just snap their fingers to create interesting mods/items weekly. 

If there's a similar game with a better reward system out there, I'd like to see someone name it. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Goodwill said:

Playerbase sending real mixed signals here.

I'm not actually particularly directing this at you, but if you've seen recent threads, this is what it generally boils down to.

Lol, this is not a black and white topic which people make it out to be. Bound to be mixed. Always. Some people will say everything is good. Some will say everything is trash, and in between you got all kind of reasonable and unreasonable demands. 

I have kinda idea what could be not bad reward from them. Make Kuva in Kuva fortress one , make this Echos in Lua ones but on the others give us relics, all relics that ever existed vaulted and non vaulted. The drop table will be diluted AF but you will have a chance for those vaulted primes. Vets wont be as satisfied with it but they always can go for Kuva or try to farm some plat if they feel like it. The problem is if somebody has everything there wont be a good singular reward for him and somebody that doesnt. The difference between top end players and even middle is just to big.

Edit: On second thought that may be good rewards for players but problematic for DE, unvaulting is a thing after all and thats not small influx of cash.

Edited by kuciol

The flaw with echoes of umbra is that if it is both temporary AND a rare drop, then it's not worth it in the long run. I'll probably get it a few times, never actually use them, and then stop playing the game mode if it has nothing else to offer.

If it was permanent then I'd have reason to get more of them. The current argument against this is that once you have it for the frames you want then you'll stop playing however in the first scenario I wouldn't have bothered to begin with.

How many times have you farmed kuva for hours just to blow it in a minute and end up no better than you were when you started?  A temporary buff like this is worse especially when the buff itself is negligible.

If they really want to stick with this whole temporary buff thing then it should be a buff to your warframes stats either singular like arbitration's or across the board like +50-100% on everything. This is the kind of reward people would seek and since it's temporary, you can't be OP all the time without putting in effort first. 

Edited by (PS4)Double991

I think its fair to say that we do know what we want. We want mods that aren't immediate junk, or for weapons that nobody can really spare a mod slot on. We also want things that develop our frames, and that don't act as a gimmick for a single day.

A lot of the "rewards" on offer, back from fortuna and those terrible mod sets, are a waste of dev time and processing power. We are being offered things so poor that I wouldn't even accept them for free and there is something wrong with that. I mean, heck, why are we getting entire mod sets based around "flight" or "parkour", when we are already starved for mod space. Why are we getting weapon mods that barely have an impact on already poor weapons - ie all the ones from the current nightwave?

Its like the devs are not playing their own game and that worries me quite a bit.

• Like 1

This is just an idea but would anyone be opposed to a kind of build your own cepholon? 

Like not to replace ordis or the upcoming CY but atm as a kind of butler. Some thing small many just a terminal but they could preform basic tasks. Like maintaining Kubros, collecting extractors, or starting and collecting things like gems and air support charges.

We will have disruption for the 3 tech savvy factions and there could be specific rewards for the cepholon for each faction. The kuva fort can have grineer teamed shapes and colors with a few personas that bark responses to you that are best subtitled as " unintelligent grunting. The corpus parts could be more geometric and personas more happy or direct. The orokin parts could be cloud like or like one of the moon ghosts and completely silent like how all orokin want others to be.

They would not have to make new voice lines they could just reuse and remix  current ones kinda like a YTP. And you could trade the parts kinda like genetic imprints, though I would believe that it would be best to give all the parts the same drop chance so the communitie can decide what is a valuable drop for them rather than it being forced.

It's just an idea that ran through while thinking of better rewards.

I tried, once before. Got quite a large amount of haha emoji's... that was it, just laughs, for what I figured to be a pretty good way to add repeatable content to the game...

Good times, good times. 

But to your idea, I think, though that seems rather cool, It be to much. We already suffer from massive power creep that makes the game trivial, adding even a 5% buff to damage on top of that is just a 'win more' option, and likely wouldn't be used. Though the idea of farming something for a marginal temporary on demand buff does seem cool, no content in the game currently needs such a thing. But, is an interesting idea though, maybe it's ever figured out how to make a massively large enemy to grind millions of damage into and still live, it be worth implementing! 

(and as you stated its kind of pointless to say what I said above and at least not try again here. My idea consisted of making the progressive rewards actually scalable. Make them drop two rewards after the first rotation, then three rewards, then four. Make it actually worth grinding for the higher waves, instead of just leaving as soon as you hit the one rotation sense there is no conceivable reason to stay. Not a permanent solution by any means, but id think it be simple to implement, and give people a reason to try and get higher and higher and higher in those game types, just like they did with keys in the olden days...back when the preaching for an end game loop wasn't nearly as prominent for we had on, a bare bones one, but one.)

Edited by WellIHopeThisOneWorks
Actually added something worth saying

7 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

DE don't implement many fan ideas because the majority of them are shortsighted,

The same DE that took a bat to Ember because she was too good for lower-leveled content and then created Frames like Octavia, Mesa and Nidus thought that?

• Like 3

Pet arcanes. Full could make your pet revive after 180 sec 2 would be 90 sec. The Dijin(or what ever it’s called) would be 23 with its mod.

ummm a good one I was thinking was a game mode that lets us role a level 1 mod stack onto a mod we have. This is major power creep so it would need higher level content. Like new game + 😉

umm operator gear? Like real gear I want to do more then 3 arcanes it feel so bare bones.

• Like 1