Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Children of the Flower (OOC / Closed)

DaMadReaper

Just saying, I'm having a blast writing Palutu. 😄 Being a programmer by trade may have an effect.

I kinda model Palutu as a tiny person in a tiny box somewhere far away, and they can observe and interact with physical world only through sensors and machinery. This kind of limitation is fascinating to me. While Palutu does have their personality and human-based thought patterns, they also have kind of "software augmentations" with their decision processes (such as seeing Dov's bright ship and not being sure if they are getting their visuals right --> run diagnostics to check it, and also evaluating if they should snap back at Insali). Lot of time in my narration those software augmentations and their "human thinking" intermingle, just based on what I fancy to write at the moment. In addition to the limitations, Palutu also comes with computer-based skills such as being able to compute things FAST and to digest digital information in matter of milliseconds.

As said, I've thought for a long that RPing a machine being sounds really interesting, due to all differences they have compared to humans or animals.

1 hour ago, NuttyNuti said:

Just saying, I'm having a blast writing Palutu. 😄 Being a programmer by trade may have an effect.

I kinda model Palutu as a tiny person in a tiny box somewhere far away, and they can observe and interact with physical world only through sensors and machinery. This kind of limitation is fascinating to me. While Palutu does have their personality and human-based thought patterns, they also have kind of "software augmentations" with their decision processes (such as seeing Dov's bright ship and not being sure if they are getting their visuals right --> run diagnostics to check it, and also evaluating if they should snap back at Insali). Lot of time in my narration those software augmentations and their "human thinking" intermingle, just based on what I fancy to write at the moment. In addition to the limitations, Palutu also comes with computer-based skills such as being able to compute things FAST and to digest digital information in matter of milliseconds.

As said, I've thought for a long that RPing a machine being sounds really interesting, due to all differences they have compared to humans or animals.

Frankly, Palutu's been an absolute delight to read so far as well. Your enjoyment of the character is obviously coming through, and the little touches of machine ideas make him just that much better. Overall, really enjoying it, and looking forward to the kind of havoc you wreak when you're actually jacked in.

43 minutes ago, DaMadReaper said:

Frankly, Palutu's been an absolute delight to read so far as well. Your enjoyment of the character is obviously coming through, and the little touches of machine ideas make him just that much better. Overall, really enjoying it, and looking forward to the kind of havoc you wreak when you're actually jacked in.

Thanks! 🙂

I think one of my first inspirations for machine RP characters has been Baymax from Big Hero 6: He truly acts like a robot (specifically a personal healthcare companion robot) and frequently runs at situations he isn't designed for (stealth missions pfffth), and he just tries to cope those while trying to fulfill his main objective (keeping humans around him safe and healthy). Yet while he is definitely an artificial intelligence, he also manages to be a true personality and be an endearing character, which is only fuelled by his "misaimed" programmin (snatches someone who is about to fall off a racing car only to calmly remind them about seat belts).

Well, Palutu isn't nearly as sweet as Baymax is though xD

Edited by NuttyNuti

23 minutes ago, Gamer4Christ said:

Sorry for not replying in so long, y'all.  I've been sick and have finally recovered.  I'll be on here and there today, and will try to catch up to the RP the best I can. 🙂

Mate, it's fine, but edit your post to reflect what's currently happening. It was assume that Volt-Edge is currently on his own ship at the rendezvous point, with the rest of their group each on one ship of their own. 

1 hour ago, DaMadReaper said:

Mate, it's fine, but edit your post to reflect what's currently happening. It was assume that Volt-Edge is currently on his own ship at the rendezvous point, with the rest of their group each on one ship of their own. 

Wait, they're already on the Grineer ship?! 😨

1 hour ago, ShrimpOverlord said:

Not neglecting the Alpha and Beta teams. Sorry for the music spam, lol

Reveal hidden contents

Sounds kind of... Egyptian.  Wouldn't that fit more for a mission on Mars, especially involving a mission with an Inaros?

Still fantastic music, though!  Volt-Edge's doing a really cringy Egyptian dance in the background right now... 

STOP IT!!!

*Ahem*

Sorry.  Anywho, still love the music. 😉

1 hour ago, DaMadReaper said:

Read my post. They're currently in space, at the rendezvous point, in their own ships, about to make their way to the Half-Light.

Ah, ok.  Although it kinda sounded like they were just standing around talking.

Edit: Yup, so far only Alpha Squad has taken off.  Beta Squad is still in the docking bay chit-chatting.

Edited by Gamer4Christ
Reread posts from Beta Squad

2 hours ago, Gamer4Christ said:

Sounds kind of... Egyptian.  Wouldn't that fit more for a mission on Mars, especially involving a mission with an Inaros?

Still fantastic music, though!  Volt-Edge's doing a really cringy Egyptian dance in the background right now... 

STOP IT!!!

*Ahem*

Sorry.  Anywho, still love the music. 😉

It sounds Egyptian because I used the double harmonic scale, which is used a lot in movies for Egyptian music (even though it's a Hungarian scale).

There's no reason for it not to be used for other reasons - it sounds great and should be used more for stuff other than ethnic sounding soundtracks. 

It's also the scale from Misirlou, by the way

9 hours ago, Gamer4Christ said:

Ah, ok.  Although it kinda sounded like they were just standing around talking.

Edit: Yup, so far only Alpha Squad has taken off.  Beta Squad is still in the docking bay chit-chatting.

No, they've all taken off. My last post has railroaded all of the groups, as I warned everyone in the OOC thread. Everyone is currently in the rendezvous point.

4 hours ago, NuttyNuti said:

Just their own squad. 

On the other hand... do you want that Palutu also broadcasts to the Delta squad? The Cephalon's advice is relevant also to them. I just originally thought they talk to Gamma squad.

Edited by NuttyNuti

1 hour ago, NuttyNuti said:

On the other hand... do you want that Palutu also broadcasts to the Delta squad? The Cephalon's advice is relevant also to them. I just originally thought they talk to Gamma squad.

It might be a good idea to be honest. It'd help out the other group somewhat.

5 minutes ago, Arunafeltz said:

DELTA:
Waiting on @Oobloobx for the insertion post, since it's assumed that Ag'ni will be along for the ride with Cyrus. Archwing could work, since it apparently has life support for people aside from the pilot within it as well. Might be kinda awkward though.

I think they'd both fit in an Archwing. Just...hold on tight, maybe? 

Just dropping a bit of clarification for you guys, that was the last bit of railroading I'll be doing unless necessary to keep a skipped person with their group. The rest is up to you guys. Furthermore, I will be posting in 24 hours, so keep that in mind when deciding what actions you'd like to undertake and when.

Alright, guess I'm making a double post, as some people have raised the question that they're not entirely clear on what they're meant to be doing at the moment. By the next post cycle, Gamma and Delta groups should ideally be in position to enter, so that Beta group can begin the distraction, and we can kickstart the mission.

Furthermore, since I've noticed that some people are struggling to keep up with the posting times, I'd like to propose an extension to 72 hours, and see what people think about that?

11 hours ago, ShrimpOverlord said:

@NuttyNuti's character, Palutu, has a theme now as well.

Reveal hidden contents

Eeeeeee! ^^ This is the first time my RP character has a musical theme! Thank you, @ShrimpOverlord!

I especially like the beeping part from middle onwards. It makes me feel like that Palutu hijacks into the song and goes like "hold my circuits I make some tweaking here, BEEP BOOP BEEP here you go I made some micro adjustments that humans can't even hear you're welcome" xD

15 hours ago, DaMadReaper said:

Alright, guess I'm making a double post, as some people have raised the question that they're not entirely clear on what they're meant to be doing at the moment. By the next post cycle, Gamma and Delta groups should ideally be in position to enter, so that Beta group can begin the distraction, and we can kickstart the mission.

Furthermore, since I've noticed that some people are struggling to keep up with the posting times, I'd like to propose an extension to 72 hours, and see what people think about that?

I'm fine with this.