Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Children of the Flower (OOC / Closed)

DaMadReaper

2 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Is there any communication between squads? Because Delta would really like to tell Beta that we found their target.

You are indeed able to communicate between squads. It's just not on by default to avoid excessive chatter.

6 hours ago, MegaMeerkat said:

Name: Bianca

Alias(es): 

•   Reveal hidden contents

• Bloody Kiss (her Rathumn Name)
    • Songstress (her callsign)
    • (rank) Arbitress Harmony (her title in the Arbiters of Hexis) 

Species: Tenno

Apparent Age:  18

Mental Age: 18

Biological Age: about... 2000 maybe? 

Personality: 

Reveal hidden contents

Soft Spoken, shy, easily nervous. She likes patterns when it comes to tasks because it's easier to comprehend to her. She has a talent for playing the Shawzin because of this. She acts a bit bratty on times due to her previous upbringing but is trying to nip it in the bud. She ultimately means well. She tries to come off knowledgable, emphatic and helpful due to her training with the arbiters and their methods of mediating arguements and law within the system between colonies, corpus and the like

Appearance: 

Brief History: 

Hide contents

Originally the daughter of a Merchant in the Orokin Empire who was on the Ten Zero’s crew to aid in finding new resources to capitalize on for the Orokin Empire. During her time on the Ten Zero she kept to herself, and struggled to make friends with people her age, but eventually bonded with one or two over a fascination with music, leading to Bianca learning to play the Shawzin. She felt out of place because she was the daughter of a merchant and not a scientist or anyone of particular talent that would benefit the expedition to the Tau System. When the ship was trapped in the Void she saw many adults go mad including her own parents. She was unable to put them down and fled into hiding in the ship while other newly reborn Tenno went on the hunt.

Upon rescue it was discovered she was trying to calm her fellow Tenno in their hiding spot with her Shawzin. It was believed she was a calming helper type girl and upon examination of her Void powers it was decided she would be of use using the Day and Night duality of an Equinox Prime, as well as the bloodlust of a Garuda for blitz attacks. She struggled to grasp the concept of transference therapy with her two new warframes and accidentally put some orokin to sleep and put them in a battle crazed state due to misunderstanding and misusing the Rest and Rage of her Equinox. It took weeks for her to finally wrangle control of both Day and Night aspects, which led the Orokin to declare that she was ready for combat

She was eventually taken in by a parental handler shortly after Margulis’ execution. The new handler took to treating Bianca like a cultured princess which led to Bianca becoming very obedient. Bianca had also become a very strong warrior within the Tenno thanks to her handler. Despite her new found purpose, Bianca struggled to maintain a grip on her new way of living. So she had begun working with a therapist who assisted with her transference. This therapist had tricked her into taking a memory altering drug to allow the therapist to assault her. Bianca was unable to remember this until she was in the thick of a battle against Sentients on Mars.

Bianca started to question her worthiness as a Orokin supporting Tenno, and started to believe that the Orokin were greedy and abusive to herself and other Tenno. When she was summoned to be bestowed honors for her efforts in the Old War she finally snapped and murdered her handler and any nearby Orokin agents in her vicinity. She was finally captured by a collection of Dax and an Executor who decided killing her wasn’t worth it, and decided to seal her within a cryopod in a Void Tower. The Executor believed that he could lead enemies within, release her and let her mindlessly murder them. But it was too late for this because as she slept, the Orokin Empire fell.

She was eventually released from Cryosleep by a group of Grineer who were using a Portal and Torsion beam to study and find Orokin weaponry and artifacts for their war effort. Many of the troops in this collective were slaughtered by Bianca before she was finally overwhelmed and knocked out. They decided her bloodlust would be useful in entertainment, and had doctors wipe her mind in order to make her compliant to the point of brutal murder within the Grineer Rathuums. Despite the Lotus trying to guide her towards fighting them, Bianca's broken mind was unable to accept her words. She was eventually seen by Cressa Tal and Steel Meridian, who sent some of their troops to fight Bianca. She killed all challengers and this sparked gossip and stories throughout the colonies, leading to the Arbiters of Hexis and Celphalon Suda working together to find information on her. They decided to challenge the Rathumn with the help of other Tenno, wagering supplies for Bianca. They emerged victorious and the Grineer reluctantly surrendered the raging Bianca, who was taken in by the Arbiters in the Larunda Relay and calmed through a system of meditation, hypnosis and kuva-laced incense to numb her powers and calm her enough to help her piece her memories together. Bianca decided to work with the Arbiters to thank them for helping her come to terms with her life and became an Arbiter herself, working to solve issues within colonies and other syndicates, while looking to better herself as a Tenno warrior and merchant, and finally taking the Lotus as a guide like many other Tenno in the system. Her memories of her father led her to study the Perrin Sequence who offered her a job as a humble trader on the stock market, which she took. When it was discovered the Lotus had apparently betrayed them and Bianca felt a bit... uncertain in her path. After further schooling with the Arbiters she decided to retain the fact that Tenno were heroes of the System, espeically having worked with Cetus and Fortuna, which filled Bianca with a purpose, a path for her to work on. Her work with Fortuna had led to her being noticed by the children of the flower and offically being invited to join them.

Equipment: 

Warframes (Click for pictures of them)

Archwing: Odanta, Rathborne, Grattler

Primary

• Tenora
  • Tigris Prime
  • Dread
  • Phantasma
  • Tonkor

Secondary:

• Stubba
  • Pandero
  • Pyrhna Prime

Melee:

• Jag Kitaag
  • Orvius
  • Kogake Prime
  • Cobra and Crane
  • Ohma

Skills and Abilities: 

• Shawzin savant
  • skill with hacking Corpus consoles
  • 'taming' moas and Bursas/hacking them
  • Archwing arcobatics
  • K Drive riding

This is going to be interesting. An arbiter tenno working with a mercenary that has worked (and might still) with the criminal underworld... This is going to be be very fun.

8 hours ago, MegaMeerkat said:

I take it Bianca is approved?

Yup, as already discussed on Discord, it looks good. I’ll put you and the other applicants in after the mission is over. 

———

That aside, I’d like to inform the group that Gamer4Christ/Volt-Edge has been removed from the RP for reasons I will not be sharing due to privacy. I have already informed him of this matter, and would like to clarify how we’ll approach with this. In order to avoid messing with a character none of us own, he will instead be retconned. When making your posts for the current round, just go on as if the group is made up of only the remaining members.

———

I have also updated the rules with three additions, in order to better reflect things that I’ve recently noticed as being an issue. They shouldn’t really affect anyone’s writing as it is, but they’re for future reference, and to avoid unnecessary conflict in the context of various actions.

Edited by DaMadReaper

5 hours ago, DaMadReaper said:

Yup, as already discussed on Discord, it looks good. I’ll put you and the other applicants in after the mission is over.

Is Cyba also approved, then? I don't have Discord so have no idea what's been going on over there.

On 2019-09-29 at 1:44 AM, Cyba_Zero said:

-snip-

Right, seems I missed this at some point. Sorry bout that! Looks good, so I'll hit it with an approve.

However, I should clarify that we've had... a large number of applicants, so we'll likely be accepting in waves, in order to avoid having a massive number of new people at once. I'll notify everyone once we accept our first wave, which should be at the end of this mission.

5 hours ago, DaMadReaper said:

Right, seems I missed this at some point. Sorry bout that! Looks good, so I'll hit it with an approve.

However, I should clarify that we've had... a large number of applicants, so we'll likely be accepting in waves, in order to avoid having a massive number of new people at once. I'll notify everyone once we accept our first wave, which should be at the end of this mission.

No problem; thanks for letting me know!

Question: Do Grineer scanners work like in the game, ie. it doesn't blare an alarm if it's broken? And also... Palutu probably knows these scanners inside and outside, given how prevalent technology it is, so does Palutu know another way to mess it up so the squad can slip in without suspiciously breaking a scanner?

Edited by NuttyNuti

18 hours ago, NuttyNuti said:

Question: Do Grineer scanners work like in the game, ie. it doesn't blare an alarm if it's broken? And also... Palutu probably knows these scanners inside and outside, given how prevalent technology it is, so does Palutu know another way to mess it up so the squad can slip in without suspiciously breaking a scanner?

They work like in-game. No alarms will be triggered if you choose to destroy it. As for Palutu's skill, I'm gonna say no for now, solely due to the fact that you'd need to become a bit more integrated into the ship to be able to manipulate its systems. Each console should broaden your capabilities though.

On 2019-10-04 at 1:52 AM, DaMadReaper said:

That aside, I’d like to inform the group that Gamer4Christ/Volt-Edge has been removed from the RP for reasons I will not be sharing due to privacy.

No please, by all means!  Explain yourself, because up to the point of my getting kicked, I saw no reason for being removed. 

The DOOM theme may be from another game, but it's still technically an instrumental.  Not to mention one of your other players posted a song for background music from Gundam Thunderbolt.  Strangely enough, I don't see anyone complaining about this.

Also, I find it funny we couldn't have at least voted on this issue.  I honestly wonder just how many players actually took offense to my character's personality/humor.

Edited by Gamer4Christ

23 hours ago, Gamer4Christ said:

This is the OOC thread.  If it were the IC threads, I would understand.  It's not intrusion if it's in the off topic.

Listen please. I know it is frustrating you were retconned from the rp. It is very irritating. I understand your frustration if you were kicked without warning. However, if you did receive a warning and ignored it,  then it is your fault you got kicked. I don’t mean to be rude, but that is the truth.

Edited by (PS4)Razor9045

I've come up with another character.  This one is nearly a polar opposite of Cephalon Karsk.  Which do you like better?

Name: Esku Kterst

Alias(es): Esk, Shaky

Species: Grineer, Heavy Gunner strain

Apparent Age: late 20s

Mental Age: 15 to 20

Biological Age: 11 years out of the cloning tube

Appearance: Over 2 meters tall, and lanky.  Like most Grineer, has blotchy skin due to a combination of irregular pigmentation, and the scars of various accidents, battles, and cancer surgeries.  Esk is healthier than most Grineer (which is probably one of the reasons she's in the Nightwatch), but has a replacement left arm.

Personality:

Spoiler

Very cautious, avoids risks.  Pessimistic. Dislikes being the center of attention, regardless of whether that attention involves praise or bullets.  Finds it strange to exchange fire with people she doesn't even know and hates the military life, but follows orders without voicing her concerns.  Doesn't like to act out of her place. Feels uncomfortable about the position of power her gender holds in Grineer society. Easily startled if not paying attention (this earned her the nickname Shaky), and very ticklish.  Inclined to take naps. Fascinated by things that grow (plants, cities, children, Infestation...) and doesn't like unnecessary violence. She kills on the battlefield only because the alternatives are to be shot by the enemy, or shot for deserting.  Prefers things to be stable and reliable rather than chaotic, peaceful rather than violent, and quiet rather than loud. Like some other Grineer (*cough* Vor), Esk is salty about her inability to reproduce.

Brief History:

Spoiler

Esku Kterst has spent almost the entirety of her military career scared sh*tless.  Her belief in the Grineer cause and sense of duty was enough to make her fire her Gorgon at the enemies of the Queens, but not enjoy it.  She hated the Gorgon. By the time it reached its full fire rate, its grating racket would always draw the attention of some angry Crewman or soulless Moa, and her stature made her particularly visible among the shorter Lancers.  A normal Grineer, proud to serve on the front line, would fight until cut down by a Corpus laser, but Esk was not exactly a normal Grineer. She did not consider the opportunity for suicide to be honorable, and retreated. Several times this saved her life, and once finally left her the last of the squad along with survivor's guilt.

Her tactics drew the attention of higher-ups.  Executioner Garesh, in a similar situation, was sent to Rathuum as a deserter, but Esk, being female, was offered a place in the Nightwatch.  She accepted the promotion because it was socially easier than refusing, even though she believed she didn't deserve it.

As it turned out, being a Nightwatch Bombard suited her, somewhat.  The Ogris, with its inability to be used at close range and powerful enough to take down even some Tenno with one shot, was perfect for someone who preferred to stay away from the center of action.  Since the Nightwatch does not deploy often, she had time, finally, to think about things. Exposure to the ideas of Cephalon Karsk did not help her failing loyalty to her people, but she has yet to consider defection, and she would never try such a risky thing herself.

Equipment:

--> Ogris with Nightwatch camo (her prized possession)

--> Sheev (more of a tool than a weapon)

--> Nightwatch armor (no matter how strong the armor she wears, all she can see is the chinks in it...)

Skills and Abilities:

Spoiler

--> Like most heavy Grineer, can slam the ground to knock enemies back.

--> Esk doesn't think she can lie convincingly, but when she actually tries to, it turns out she's not bad at it.

--> Quick learner, soon becoming reasonably good at nearly any task set before her.  Her superior officers recognize this, but she doesn't.

--> Can easily access Grineer systems, because her ID hasn't expired yet (but it will soon).

--> Her tall, thin frame and the Nightwatch training regimen have made Esk an excellent long-distance runner.

--> Esk has picked up a few words of the Orokin language (i.e. English), but doesn't speak it well (yet).

(I'm assuming that the position of English in the Origin system after the fall of the Orokin is similar to that of Latin in Europe after the fall of Rome: It has few or no native speakers left, but remains important as a lingua franca, and every educated person can speak it.)

Esk would join the story by being taken as a not-so-unwilling prisoner as our heroes leave the Half-Light, where the Nightwatch has been deployed to protect what they know only as a "highly sensitive research project."

19 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

I've come up with another character.  This one is nearly a polar opposite of Cephalon Karsk.  Which do you like better?

Name: Esku Kterst

Alias(es): Esk, Shaky

Species: Grineer, Heavy Gunner strain

Apparent Age: late 20s

Mental Age: 15 to 20

Biological Age: 11 years out of the cloning tube

Appearance: Over 2 meters tall, and lanky.  Like most Grineer, has blotchy skin due to a combination of irregular pigmentation, and the scars of various accidents, battles, and cancer surgeries.  Esk is healthier than most Grineer (which is probably one of the reasons she's in the Nightwatch), but has a replacement left arm.

Personality:

Reveal hidden contents

Very cautious, avoids risks.  Pessimistic. Dislikes being the center of attention, regardless of whether that attention involves praise or bullets.  Finds it strange to exchange fire with people she doesn't even know and hates the military life, but follows orders without voicing her concerns.  Doesn't like to act out of her place. Feels uncomfortable about the position of power her gender holds in Grineer society. Easily startled if not paying attention (this earned her the nickname Shaky), and very ticklish.  Inclined to take naps. Fascinated by things that grow (plants, cities, children, Infestation...) and doesn't like unnecessary violence. She kills on the battlefield only because the alternatives are to be shot by the enemy, or shot for deserting.  Prefers things to be stable and reliable rather than chaotic, peaceful rather than violent, and quiet rather than loud. Like some other Grineer (*cough* Vor), Esk is salty about her inability to reproduce.

Brief History:

Reveal hidden contents

Esku Kterst has spent almost the entirety of her military career scared sh*tless.  Her belief in the Grineer cause and sense of duty was enough to make her fire her Gorgon at the enemies of the Queens, but not enjoy it.  She hated the Gorgon. By the time it reached its full fire rate, its grating racket would always draw the attention of some angry Crewman or soulless Moa, and her stature made her particularly visible among the shorter Lancers.  A normal Grineer, proud to serve on the front line, would fight until cut down by a Corpus laser, but Esk was not exactly a normal Grineer. She did not consider the opportunity for suicide to be honorable, and retreated. Several times this saved her life, and once finally left her the last of the squad along with survivor's guilt.

Her tactics drew the attention of higher-ups.  Executioner Garesh, in a similar situation, was sent to Rathuum as a deserter, but Esk, being female, was offered a place in the Nightwatch.  She accepted the promotion because it was socially easier than refusing, even though she believed she didn't deserve it.

As it turned out, being a Nightwatch Bombard suited her, somewhat.  The Ogris, with its inability to be used at close range and powerful enough to take down even some Tenno with one shot, was perfect for someone who preferred to stay away from the center of action.  Since the Nightwatch does not deploy often, she had time, finally, to think about things. Exposure to the ideas of Cephalon Karsk did not help her failing loyalty to her people, but she has yet to consider defection, and she would never try such a risky thing herself.

Equipment:

--> Ogris with Nightwatch camo (her prized possession)

--> Sheev (more of a tool than a weapon)

--> Nightwatch armor (no matter how strong the armor she wears, all she can see is the chinks in it...)

Skills and Abilities:

Reveal hidden contents

--> Like most heavy Grineer, can slam the ground to knock enemies back.

--> Esk doesn't think she can lie convincingly, but when she actually tries to, it turns out she's not bad at it.

--> Quick learner, soon becoming reasonably good at nearly any task set before her.  Her superior officers recognize this, but she doesn't.

--> Can easily access Grineer systems, because her ID hasn't expired yet (but it will soon).

--> Her tall, thin frame and the Nightwatch training regimen have made Esk an excellent long-distance runner.

--> Esk has picked up a few words of the Orokin language (i.e. English), but doesn't speak it well (yet).

(I'm assuming that the position of English in the Origin system after the fall of the Orokin is similar to that of Latin in Europe after the fall of Rome: It has few or no native speakers left, but remains important as a lingua franca, and every educated person can speak it.)

Esk would join the story by being taken as a not-so-unwilling prisoner as our heroes leave the Half-Light, where the Nightwatch has been deployed to protect what they know only as a "highly sensitive research project."

Nice sheet, approved. I'll inform you when we're taking people in!

---

That aside, I'd like to apologise to everyone, but there won't be a post tonight. I'm sick as hell, and am not really in a state to write. I'll write the post tomorrow, and we can pick up 72 hours from there.