Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improving The Social Aspect of Warframe

VotumPrime

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

So, up your alley then.

The closest I've come to enjoying anime in any form was Beast in Black's Beserker inspired album. I have no interest in it. People have tried to get me to watch things and they just don't float my boat.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

The closest I've come to enjoying anime in any form was Beast in Black's Beserker inspired album. I have no interest in it. People have tried to get me to watch things and they just don't float my boat.

Well, time machine to change DeMonkey then.

1 hour ago, VotumPrime said:

Yeaaaah. That's not good enough for me. Aren't you kind of bothered by how there's no chatter at all in the relays or in Fortuna and Cetus? Those are supposedly social hubs but it's just not social friendly. Now region chat is great but we need to be spawned in the same place. So I am hoping when we all login, we login on the massive ship we know as Zariman, and we get to go to our personal ship from there or we can just do missions from there right away. I feel like logging into our orbiters and being able to go straight into missions is just killing the social aspect of things. Also the lack of animations in relays and towns. 

Just like real life, we have social circles.

There's a reason you don't go to a busy intersection in a city and start talking to random people. 

People have clans, they make their own circle. Why would a bunch of mr3 and mr27 all hang out? Why dont all the rich hang out with all the poor etc lol.

You clearly just want to play PSO2. Or an MMORPG. Warframe is not an MMORPG.

Why do you want to force people into doing something they clearly do not want to do? Those who want to be social find a way. I'm sure there's social, active clans. Leave the rest of us awkward loners alone in our ships.

Also it just wouldn't work. It's hard to support a large amount of players inside one instance in Warframe because it's technically more advanced. You'd just end up in tiny instances stuck with a bunch of people who just want to be left alone.

• Like 2

Nice idea but would break the storyline. We were put in HIDING for a reason, so not to be killed off. Putting everyone in 1 place out in the open space is a sitting target. I can see your idea for people that finished the main storyline and defeat ballas. They created an agreement with the other factions gerineer etc.. to have a neutral zone or territory something akin to Babylon 5

One thing for sure that I miss that helped with creating a sense of social connection, was the loading screens before we had the 4 lisets flying in formation. Instead of the lisets, it would show all 4 warframes in a captura. The camera would spin around showing them all and their weapons. That was cool. I miss that. 

7 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

Nah. Nothing like Relays. If you ask me Relays are failures and cheap imitations of what PSO2 has going on.

Listen, Gary was it? If you like PSO2 so much, go play that, leave this community and stop complaining about everything like everyone els, including me complaining about people complaining, if you aren't happy with the FREE game that no one is forcing you to play, then go play something else, if you want to socialize then go to region chat, if you want to see other people go to relays or the bazaar, when i wake up i wake up IN MY OWN HOUSE, not IN TOWN, I'm not a drunk that gets locked out of his own house and wonders the streets and sleeps in the middle of town to wake up there.

5 hours ago, (PS4)allfatherthor77 said:

I just cant wait for Gauss on ps4 cause story content is once every blue moon cause they want to make that quick money from cosmetics lol. Something real that would be cool is a holo deck where you can create your own level  to fight enemies or make mini games like cards, bowling etc.

Simulacrum to go fight things, you can teleport there from your ship, turn left walk fowards a little and boom you are there and ready to fight enemies and you get that little thing you can play games on in your ship, that should be enough?

Edited by JohnTheMango

3 hours ago, Alahad said:

Nice idea but would break the storyline. We were put in HIDING for a reason, so not to be killed off. Putting everyone in 1 place out in the open space is a sitting target. I can see your idea for people that finished the main storyline and defeat ballas. They created an agreement with the other factions gerineer etc.. to have a neutral zone or territory something akin to Babylon 5

Someone remember that series. Good to see. 

In my opinion any socializing attempt should be optional. The current system is good for that,  because you can choose whatever you want. However adding bars and parks in solos and relays could improve the social aspect but the clans mostly accomplish this aspect.

Adding a new start zone on an open zone could kill many pc-s because the game is peer to peer and dedicated servers are not a thing. The amount of calculations could be high also a lot of player not that socialized and want to play alone. Many people's in that scale and the current system more or less counts this scale so who want to talk with others it can. 

Other than that specifying this whole idea and improving this aspects is not a bad thing but every one should speak by his/her own name no matter you side with or against the topic. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Complain that there's no content

No content??
Bruh.
We're so deep in content...
excess bloated content..
Forest from the trees.

There isn't a Lack of content.
There's a lack of making that content harmonize with the rest of the content.
...of course, this is just my perspective on it.

Edited by kapn655321

14 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

Yeaaaah. That's not good enough for me. Aren't you kind of bothered by how there's no chatter at all in the relays or in Fortuna and Cetus? Those are supposedly social hubs but it's just not social friendly. Now region chat is great but we need to be spawned in the same place. So I am hoping when we all login, we login on the massive ship we know as Zariman, and we get to go to our personal ship from there or we can just do missions from there right away. I feel like logging into our orbiters and being able to go straight into missions is just killing the social aspect of things. Also the lack of animations in relays and towns. 

Have fun with the loading screens.

Cetus loading times on full instances were already more than enough for me from the social aspect.

I'd rather stay 'socially awkward' but time efficient, thank you.

Playing a loading screen simulator isn't worth it to me for some shallow, pointless social interactions, that's not what games are meant to be for anyways.