Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania: A True Fae(Rework!)

Stygie

It would seem that the Wukong rework and the promise of a Vabaun rework, that the forums have finally shifted their views to other frames that need attention. Finaly, Titania and Ember are getting a well deserved look over by many on the forums which makes me rather happy. Prehaps DE with change her before too long unlike Vabaun but that is yet to be seen. Titania has many issues and while there are ways ti combat these issues, they still are rather prevalent in her kit. Furthermore, for her theme and namesake being of the legendary Fae Queen, she lacks many Fae powers. This rework aims to fix her issues and make her more akin to Fae in lore

What are Titania's issues?

Well, I would say her biggest issue is survivability and lack of utility. The issue with Titania is that she tries to be a Jack of all Trades that does damage. However, she performs terribly at everything other than damage.

Spellbind, while good to get enemies off you makes it hard to land criticals and can sometimes causes enemies to fly off into space, terrible for open world. The problem with Tribute is that the buffs do nothing in the grand scheme even when playing with a party. Sure accuracy reduction is useful until you face napams, bombards, and heavy gunners. It only takes on shot to kill you or various aoes. Latern is too inconsistent suffering from the same issues as Spellbind and the issues that come with attraction CC. Razorwing, though being her best ability, gets out performed by almost every exalted weapon. Im not saying it does no damage, quite the opposite in fact. Im sure she has the second higest single target dps in the game.(Valkyr slide attack legit kills everything) What im saying is that it is lacking the benefits other exalted weapons give. Also, evasion is a poor method of survivability even when at 100%. Take Baruuk, he still gets messed up by aoes.

What are some Fae powers?

Healing: Fairies have the ability to cure broken or withered plants; wounds, broken bones, low vitality, and even diseases and restore the emotions and spirits of others.

Photokinesis: Fairies have the ability to project and control light and nature. Fairies and witches are the only species shown to possess this power. A Fae with this ability can channel nature through their body and project it in a concentrated and powerful blast of light which seems to manifest as kinetic force, conclusively throwing or repelling objects a considerable distance. Most fairies use this ability to attack an enemy. They can even turn the energy into an explosive ball that they can throw at their enemies, somewhat like a grenade.

Mesmerization: Fairies can make humans do their bidding. The fairy only needs to have eye contact in order to seize your mind with a simple phrase or change in tone of voice.

Chlorokinesis: Fairies can manipulate vegetation. Fairies can grow plants to enormous proportions in nearly any environment, and use them as weapons that can grab and attack with vines and roots, grow or retract thorns.

Superhuman Strength: Fairies are much stronger than any human. They're strong enough to toss a fully grown human across a room with great force.

Superhuman Durability: Fairies can take far more trauma than humans can without much discomfort or injury.

Supernatural Knowlege: Fairies are much older and wiser than humans and even other supernatural creatures like vampires, werewolves, and shapeshifters.

Telepathy: Fairies have the ability to read each others' minds and can read other peoples' minds as well.

Glamour: Able to cast vivid and convincing illusions in order to trick others as demonstrated with the illusion on the fae world, making it appear more appealing and beautiful.

Oneirokinesis: They are shown to be able to enter peoples dreams and converse with that person when fairies both entered their slumber. For a vampire, drinking large amounts of fae blood might trigger oneirokinesis. Fairy/human hybrids seem to receive the dreams while they are in a coma.

Longevity: Fairies can live much longer than most other creatures, but they are not immortal, implying that they eventually face natural death. They can, however, be injured or drained of their blood to the point of their deaths. Upon dying, a fairy returns to their original appearance and their corpse dissolves into glittering dust.

Oath: When Fairies make an oath or promise the fairy and other person must touch fingers and a photokinetic light with come through the promiser's arm. It is possibly that if the oath is broken the promiser may die.

Shapeshifting - Fae shapeshifting is not what one normally thinks of when they think of shapeshifting. Fae usually only shapeshift to increase or decrease their size. This shapeshifting is proportional so that they cannot, say, make only one body part larger.

Flight - Fae can fly by way of their wings which can be used at any size due to their supernatural power.

Shapeshifting - Fae shapeshifting is not what one normally thinks of when they think of shapeshifting. Fae usually only shapeshift to increase or decrease their size. This shapeshifting is proportional so that they cannot, say, make only one body part larger.

With so many options, why is ahe limited to such random and rather useless abilities in game. Oberon fulfills Fae power more than Titania. He actually fits he namesake. So why can't she? Lets change that.

Rework Time!!!

Passive

Dust Bloom

Whenever Titania uses an ability, kills an enemy, or allies kill enemies, she gains a Razorfly. She can stack Razorflies infinitely. Titania can choose to expend Razorflies on abilities to improve their efficiency and power by casting them on or after a bullet jump, double jump, or roll. Furthermore, for each Razorfly gathered, she gets 5% bonus parkour velocity stacking up to 50%. Titania will also creat dust blooms each times she casts an empowered ability. These dust blooms buff allies for 10 second granting them her passive. The bloom lasts for 20 seconds. Allies can refresh the buffs by staying or reentering the bloom. Base radius of the dust bloom is determined by the ability cast.

This is more intuitive that her current passive. Now you are able to actually make use of that Trampoline effect by giving it to others. Furthermore, the reasource effect will be used later. I know people dislike having to hold abilities so implementing the special casts on parkour felt correct with her fae identity and especially with the better velocity on them she gets from her passive.

NOTE: If she hits multiple enemies with an ability, she will get multiple Razorflies.

Ability 1

Spellweaver

Titania targets and enemy and casts a spell on them mesmerizing them for 10 seconds. The mesmerized target will blindly follow Titania around unabled to attack. The enemy  will teleport to Titania is she goes more than 30 meters away from them. Shooting enemies will cause the target to dash towards them. Recasting this ability will cast another spell that does an aoe burst of light around your mesmerised target. This blinds in an 10 meter area around the target for 10 seconds and does not go through walls. Titania can then recast the ability once more to kill the target causing flowers and foliage to sprout from its corpse in the same radius as the light.. This creates a blessed zone that will cure allies of status effects and rend them immune to them for 15 seconds. 

Empowered cast

You gain and fourth recast of the ability. On this fourth recast, you command the plants you've grow to bind enemies in the area by growing into vines. Doing so causes them to be rooted and their guns to jam for 10 seconds. Cost 10 Razorflies

Things to note.

The dash is quick much like a Tenno bullet jump. You can rapidly tap the button to make the effects go off quicker. Initial cast is a two-handed action. Recasting is a one handed action. This does instant kill one enemy. The duration of the mesmerization is refreshed on the second cast. The enemy does no damage but does take agro. The initial cast of this ability cost 30 energy and the following recasts cost 10 each. Each cast does grant a Razorfly. Dust Bloom is proced at the begining of the fourth cast. The enemy does not give you buffs associated with their class such as the ancient healer. It does not function as a mind control target. Instead it works like a deployable.

The enemy will have Razorflies and a wispy effect around them when mesmerized. The light aoe will look similar to orb of expanding light. The growth will look like Oberon's Hallowed Ground but with flowers and the vines will fully wrap themselves around the target.  Her animation should be quick hand movements much like she conducting.

Ability 2

Latern

Titania spawns a Latern at her location that follows her around as she moves for 10 seconds. The Latern grants the following benefits whilst within 8 meters of it: 20% damage reduction at base and 5 health regeneration a second. The Latern stores the damage that is mitigated for its duration. When its duration is up or if Titania recasts the ability, the Latern will detonate dealing radiation damage modified by a multiplier. 

Empowered cast

The Latern violently collapses rather than just exploding at the end/recast of the ability ripping the souls out of nearby enemies. This doubles the damage modifier and applies a 250 health buff on allies in the area that last 15 seconds. Costs 15 Razorflies.

Things to note.

Synergy: The damage mitigation effect is centered on the Latern. That being said, if this ability is cast whilst Titania has a mesmerized target. A second Latern will spawn at the location of the target granting it the buff as well. The buffs do not double if the areas overlap, however, the damage does.

Dust Bloom forms on explosion. The mitagations can go as high as 90%.

The effect will look like the current Latern but with more earthy effects as if the Latern is made of rocks and grass. It is also much smaller than the size of the current Latern. The explosion should look like the Latern imploded and when it violently explodes, it should look kinda like a vortex with Razorflies swirling in.

Ability 3

Tribute 

Titania shares her knowledge with her allies buffing them against the enemies they are facing. Titania grants a buff in an 15 meter aoe around her that gives 15% additional element damage to all weapon attacks made by allies. The additional elemental damage is based on the types of enemies being faced. 

Empowered cast

The buff is doubled to 30% additional elemental damage and she grants 20% flat status chance to all weapon attack made by allies. Costs 20 Razorflies.

Things to note

Synergy: When cast in Razorwing, the buff also explodes from a targeted area as well as from around Titania.  Then do not stack or double in effectiveness if the zones overlap.

Dust Bloom forms in the aoe(s) of these ability. The flat status chance is not effected by mods but the additional elemental damage is effected.

This ability should look like updraft of wind. Buffed allies are marked with a single Razorfly following them next to their shoulders almost like it is whispering in their ear.

Ultimate 

Razorwing

This ability remains unchanged save for a few elements and an empower cast. I propose a shift in priorities, the Dex Pixia should be more crit attuned and less status while the Diwata is more status attuned and less critical. The reason for this is that the Dex Pixia is a dual pistols and rapid fire guns like that make better use of critical chance. Melees also make use of status than crit as well. This will also lend reason to use the Diwata rather than the Dex Pixia at times. Razorwing also no longer grants evasion and only spawns 3 Razorflies to assist Titania since the rest of her kit grants so much survivability. Furthermore, I feel like the Diwata should have a ranged effect on a charge that send foward a wave of energy or dust that procs status.

Empowered cast

Titania cast time on all abilites is sped up in Razorwing and her Razorflies now benefit from the effects of Latern and Tribute. Costs 15 Razorflies.

Well thats all I have to say. I just want to see the frame be good and not just tossed aside forever and given a prime when there are still crippling issues to her kit. I love this frame and only want good for her.

• Like 3

Il y a 22 heures, Lucian_Adrion a dit :

Passive

Dust Bloom

Hey, first thing first: "infinitely" never gonna work.

Whenever someone talks about "parkour" and "bulletjump" passive on titania, I'm rolling my eyes... She's litteraly the only warframe able to fly, that's why i'm playing her. I don't like bulletjump and parkour stuff. Would expect this to be for Vauban (controlling the ground his mine and stuffs).

She should get something connected to her Flying ability... Pixie much right ?

Ability 1

Spellweaver

That's 4 abilities. Not one...

There's no way bringing ennemies close to Titania would be a good think. Make your pick :)

Ability 2

Latern

I would never ever use that skill.

The effect is way too weak. I don't like the idea about "radiation" for a pixie, even less "soul ripping effect" ... She's a good one who protecting this grotto on earth...

Razerflies are way too usefull to get destroyed on this rework.

Ability 3

Tribute 

Titania shares her knowledge with her allies buffing them against the enemies they are facing. Titania grants a buff in an 15 meter aoe around her that gives 15% additional element damage to all weapon attacks made by allies. The additional elemental damage is based on the types of enemies being faced. 

Empowered cast

The buff is doubled to 30% additional elemental damage and she grants 20% flat status chance to all weapon attack made by allies. Costs 20 Razorflies.

Things to note

Synergy: When cast in Razorwing, the buff also explodes from a targeted area as well as from around Titania.  Then do not stack or double in effectiveness if the zones overlap.

Dust Bloom forms in the aoe(s) of these ability. The flat status chance is not effected by mods but the additional elemental damage is effected.

This ability should look like updraft of wind. Buffed allies are marked with a single Razorfly following them next to their shoulders almost like it is whispering in their ear.

The range is too short, 15% elemental damage is extremely weak.

Razorflies can't be infinite, the sacrifice isn't worth it. Razorflies are too little to be noticed anyway.

Ultimate 

Razorwing

This ability remains unchanged save for a few elements and an empower cast. I propose a shift in priorities, the Dex Pixia should be more crit attuned and less status while the Diwata is more status attuned and less critical. The reason for this is that the Dex Pixia is a dual pistols and rapid fire guns like that make better use of critical chance. Melees also make use of status than crit as well. This will also lend reason to use the Diwata rather than the Dex Pixia at times. Razorwing also no longer grants evasion and only spawns 3 Razorflies to assist Titania since the rest of her kit grants so much survivability. Furthermore, I feel like the Diwata should have a ranged effect on a charge that send foward a wave of energy or dust that procs status.

Empowered cast

Titania cast time on all abilites is sped up in Razorwing and her Razorflies now benefit from the effects of Latern and Tribute. Costs 15 Razorflies.

Well thats all I have to say. I just want to see the frame be good and not just tossed aside forever and given a prime when there are still crippling issues to her kit. I love this frame and only want good for her.

What's the point to add a distant effect to Diwata when you've Dex Pixia already?

I'm not really happy about all this attention Titania suddenly get... There's very few ideas applicable that respect the fantasy of this particular warframe.

I would stop playing her if such ideas were to be used ><

23 minutes ago, AkyFenrir said:

Hey, first thing first: "infinitely" never gonna work.

Whenever someone talks about "parkour" and "bulletjump" passive on titania, I'm rolling my eyes... She's litteraly the only warframe able to fly, that's why i'm playing her. I don't like bulletjump and parkour stuff. Would expect this to be for Vauban (controlling the ground his mine and stuffs).

She should get something connected to her Flying ability... Pixie much right ?

First of all, Did you read the ability? I don't think you did. The Razorflies are a reasource and depending in how much if this reasource she has she gets the buff in parkour velocity much like Baruuk's passive. Also it would not be feasible to have a passive around her flying. The game is not setup for that you have to be practical. You show a lack of understanding of the game by suggesting that. And the infinite stacking is something Gara does. The stacks are so you have the reasource for the empowered casts.

23 minutes ago, AkyFenrir said:

That's 4 abilities. Not one...

There's no way bringing ennemies close to Titania would be a good think. Make your pick 🙂

And Gauss has three abilities in one. And Garuda has 2 abilities in one. And Ivara has 4 and Vabuan has 4. I rest my case.

47 minutes ago, AkyFenrir said:

would never ever use that skill.

The effect is way too weak. I don't like the idea about "radiation" for a pixie, even less "soul ripping effect" ... She's a good one who protecting this grotto on earth...

Razerflies are way too usefull to get destroyed on this rework.

Okay so let me get this straight. You just called the passive useless earlier and now you are saying it is useful? You do know the Razorflies in the passive arent like the ones she gets in her ult right? They are just a reasource nothing more nothing less. Also I think you are forgetting mods. I said the damage reduction scales to 90% and I haven't decided the multiplier  yet. Radiation is what Oberon uses and since he is the Faerie(not Pixie cause Titania is not a Pixie) King it makes sense. Alsothe Fae have been known to tamper with spuls and dreams so it makes sense. I am bafdled that you say you wouldnt use a ability that give damage reduction healing and damage afterwards.

52 minutes ago, AkyFenrir said:

The range is too short, 15% elemental damage is extremely weak.

Razorflies can't be infinite, the sacrifice isn't worth it. Razorflies are too little to be noticed anyway.

The range is short because i want you to build range to use the ability. The damage scales with mods and so it has to be low at base. Did you read my reasoning? Did you even read this rework? It does not look like it cause you still think the Razorflies from her passive are like the ones in her ult.

53 minutes ago, AkyFenrir said:

What's the point to add a distant effect to Diwata when you've Dex Pixia already?

Its to spread status and since you are usimg the Dex Pixia is is good to have a rnaged ability so you can i dunno stay at range?

54 minutes ago, AkyFenrir said:

I'm not really happy about all this attention Titania suddenly get... There's very few ideas applicable that respect the fantasy of this particular warframe.

So you are not happy that frame who obviously needs help nearing pre rework Wukong levels of usability. You don't want better for her? You.just want mediocre with a half baked Faerie aesthetic that barely integrates powers of the Fae?! That is a problem.

57 minutes ago, AkyFenrir said:

I would stop playing her if such ideas were to be used ><

That probably wouldnt be such a bad thing. It is people like you who keep frames in a sorry spot. Just like Ember and Nezha. Atleast Pablo Fixed Nezha.  

il y a 25 minutes, Lucian_Adrion a dit :

Okay so let me get this straight. You just called the passive useless earlier and now you are saying it is useful? You do know the Razorflies in the passive arent like the ones she gets in her ult right? They are just a reasource nothing more nothing less. Also I think you are forgetting mods. I said the damage reduction scales to 90% and I haven't decided the multiplier  yet. Radiation is what Oberon uses and since he is the Faerie(not Pixie cause Titania is not a Pixie) King it makes sense. Alsothe Fae have been known to tamper with spuls and dreams so it makes sense. I am bafdled that you say you wouldnt use a ability that give damage reduction healing and damage afterwards.

never said it's useful... Well you called your ressource the exact same name of the current flying things...

il y a 28 minutes, Lucian_Adrion a dit :

The range is short because i want you to build range to use the ability. The damage scales with mods and so it has to be low at base. Did you read my reasoning? Did you even read this rework? It does not look like it cause you still think the Razorflies from her passive are like the ones in her ult.

Except, i can't have range with the current ultimate... Would make it pointless... Since you invent stuff, inventing a name for your ressource didn't come to your mind ? (can be disrespectful too if you're looking for it)

il y a 28 minutes, Lucian_Adrion a dit :

Its to spread status and since you are usimg the Dex Pixia is is good to have a rnaged ability so you can i dunno stay at range?

There's no button to push to activate that thing...

il y a 29 minutes, Lucian_Adrion a dit :

So you are not happy that frame who obviously needs help nearing pre rework Wukong levels of usability. You don't want better for her? You.just want mediocre with a half baked Faerie aesthetic that barely integrates powers of the Fae?! That is a problem.

I'm enjoying Titania a lot right now...  Well not "your" better at least.

il y a 29 minutes, Lucian_Adrion a dit :

That probably wouldnt be such a bad thing. It is people like you who keep frames in a sorry spot. Just like Ember and Nezha. Atleast Pablo Fixed Nezha.  

Well i'm pretty sure i've no influence in reworks from DE, pretending that is kinda funny.

5 hours ago, AkyFenrir said:

Well you called your ressource the exact same name of the current flying things...

Since you invent stuff, inventing a name for your ressource didn't come to your mind ?

Im sorry let me explain this to you slowly. Why would i change the name of the reasource to something different. And many reworks on here do the same thing. But if i had to pick a name i would call them Mallow Points. Look it ip its a flower associated with the fae.

There's no button to push to activate that thing

Have you ever tried holding e for a charge attack?

enjoying Titania a lot right now...  Well not "your" better at least.

Glad to hear that however, the level of bad wukong was is wildly accepted as bad and soon Titania will be there. So this isn't just my notion. It is a bit of a consensus.

i'm pretty sure i've no influence in reworks from DE, pretending that is kinda funny.

But you do. DE didnt change Vabuan until the entire dang communtiy said they were done with him. You do make a difference.

Il y a 5 heures, Lucian_Adrion a dit :

But you do. DE didnt change Vabuan until the entire dang communtiy said they were done with him. You do make a difference.

I would say they didn't do it yet because... They might have no idea how too? They've started to get new frames doing exactly the same stuff as older ones... better.

It's kinda difficult to get Vauban to a Limbo level while keeping his "own" theme ...