Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possibility of Warframe on Stadia?

LordIgnok

Hey, I've recently find found about a new console releasing in late 2019 by Google called Stadia. Apparently the console, instead of using data from the console itself, is actually connected to servers run by Google to provide the power of a console directly to a screen across the cloud. I'm not sure about the specifics of this console yet, but I was wondering if Warframe for Stadia is a possibility Digital Extremes. 

I think streaming games is the future... but definitely not the present.

If there's even mild issues about how fast it is in Googles initial presentation way back when (which would definitely be in the absolute best conditions possible) then Google is jumping several sharks. Plenty of countries - in other words, plenty of places that Google needs to sell to - have pretty bad internet overall, even first world companies you'd expect to be pretty good. Germany apparently has pretty bad infrastructure regarding it.

Stadia heavily relies on that. So, in turn, I don't think it's going to be all that successful overseas. In other words, overall. Even if the US is the biggest buyer, that doesn't mean it's bigger than all the other places combined!

While I absolutely love passive audio and video streaming, game streaming just sounds like a bad idea, even with the advent of 5G and Wifi6 standards.

Top of my head that Grineer twitchy console hacking mini-game will perform horribly with even the slightest input lag.

Many people think that portability and playing anywhere and on any device via streaming is a good idea. I don't how many times on my business trips I've had to contend with sub-1Mbps wifi room speeds. Good luck with streaming on that bandwidth. At least with a physical PS4, one can still play solo on that bandwidth.

I also hope that Google has thought about customer support for Stadia. Can u imagine the number of support tickets complaining about broken or stuttering connection when it's not even Stadia's fault?!

On the plus side, having server based 'consoles/PC' does open up the possibility of massive multiplayer and better host connectivity.

Overall, I'm not touching Stadia in the least, regardless of how successful it may become or even if WF does eventually become available on it.  I want my next gen console or PC and it'll always be my precious. 😅

7 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I think streaming games is the future... but definitely not the present.

It’s definitely true that google and probably other companies want this to be true, and they might get their way eventually, but I hope that downloading local versions of games sticks around at least. A stable internet connection isn’t something I want to rely on, even though I have good internet.

Il y a 22 heures, LordIgnok a dit :

Hey, I've recently find found about a new console releasing in late 2019 by Google called Stadia. Apparently the console, instead of using data from the console itself, is actually connected to servers run by Google to provide the power of a console directly to a screen across the cloud. I'm not sure about the specifics of this console yet, but I was wondering if Warframe for Stadia is a possibility Digital Extremes. 

Well, you're relatively lacking information there... It might sound trollish but... you should google... google stadia... It's more complex than just a "console" ... Especially the part where you can't play your games if you resign your abonnement to the service ... Since it's on their servers and stuff?

At this point, if i were to buy a console i'd buy any other consoles... They've got exclusives at least...

Edited by AkyFenrir