Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng, Fix It Or Get Rid Of It. + Trade System

Operator_of_the_Lotus

So I have been playing warframe since closed beta, I have put my time effort and money into this game I love it it's fun ... or more so it was fun.

The RNG system is flat out broken, it jsut won't work for this game any more, it's getting larger and larger each up date, and with no trading system this once great game has turned in to a grinding CHORE, it is nothing more now that running the same mission over and over again pray that the RNG gods do not crap all over you.

I say this as a kind warning for DE ...fix the RNG or get rid of it completly or you are going to start losing players.

war frame is great fun when you don't want to get something. the void missions are broken, boss farming broken, stalker broken. (Get this, stalker is RNG inside of a RNG.... Think about it)

This game NEEDS and mean NEEDS a trading system, it is absolut bull S#&$ that friends and clan mates can not trade items,parts,prints or any thing, it is all one sided NO need for team game play or an economy.

DE your players have called out and spoken out on the fourms even your own design council has told you to impliment a new system to replace the RNG, but it seems you sold your soul to it.

And I know I know, if a trading system gets put in you will lose money on people buying your crap, SO WHAT, you will draw in more players and come up with new ways to make money rather than forcing us to grind.

DE said in their live stream that they did not want war frame to be a grind...well guess waht, you failed DE, that's all this game is any more... A grind.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/112288-gashapon-token-system-counter-concept-on-tokens-concept-for-rng-improvement/

RNG can still be fixed... plenty of room for fixes, and things to make it more interesting... (plus I am against tokens) but a trade system could work it just depends on if it will kill the sole purpose of going far into the planets, and will it kill the chance of anyone even remotely being able to ever farm Nova again...

Tricky stuff to deal with. Our current RNG works and is not too damaging, but changing it could be drastic, and cause panic the moment its released to the point you have another random "DE IS EVIL" panic...

You sound like you're throwing a tantrum to me,

Things don't always go our way; that's life. We can't do much to change that.

I have no problem with the RNG.  I am usually able to grind out what I'm looking for after a bit of research and a bunch of runs.

There is no substitute for hard work; those willing to go the extra mile deserve to reap the benefits of doing so.

Just relax and enjoy the game :D

no need to post it twice.

^ That

Edited by RavenOfTheFlock

I used to play a game I had high hopes for but there were certain parts of the game which just p****d me off.

Things which little can be done about.

I stopped playing the game.

Stop playing the game is something you should do to.

As it appears to have a very negative impact on you.

I used to play a game I had high hopes for but there were certain parts of the game which just p****d me off.

Things which little can be done about.

I stopped playing the game.

Stop playing the game is something you should do to.

As it appears to have a very negative impact on you.

wat game was that

I sense no RNG even when I spent a good 5-7 hours before on some selected blueprints. The progression in Warframe is easy as hell as in many other free to play mmos, it takes month to get crap and when new patches release, half of it gets outdated quick sometimes. When coming back to warframe, it feels like it hasnt changed one bit.

I sense no RNG even when I spent a good 5-7 hours before on some selected blueprints. The progression in Warframe is easy as hell as in many other free to play mmos, it takes month to get crap and when new patches release, half of it gets outdated quick sometimes. When coming back to warframe, it feels like it hasnt changed one bit.

"But i didn't get 15 forma from void and all my bps from a boss in 5 runs!"

Oh boy. Getting rid of RNG in an online PVE game. I love these ignorant posts.

This is exactly the way of thinking that led them down this road to begin with.

"Well, we can't make this type of game without screwing our players out of their time!"

Here's the deal. You guys say the idea is that we work hard to get what we want. Trading would undermine this, you claim. We would just be able to get anything we want from friends. We wouldn't have to work for it, and it'd undermine the effort and dedication, and the rush of getting what we wanted.

RNG does the same thing. The exact same thing. It takes the effort, time, and dedication we put in and tosses it on the gambling table before more than likely throwing it away and demanding we do it again. It spits in the face of the spirit of this game and the concept of earning your stuff even more so than trading. At least trading required somebody put in the effort to get whatever is being traded, so it may limit how much A person has to work, but the community as a whole still has to work. RNG throws away everyone's effort.

If we can't have trading because it goes against the spirit of warframe as a game where you earn things, then RNG shouldn't be allowed either, because it goes against the spirit of the game by making our effort and investment mean nothing.

I understand that mod drops need to be somewhat random. I actually like that. It's cool to never know what you're going to pick up, but the fact that those drop everywhere fairly frequently makes them feel much better. I also understand that you need to randomize some end mission rewards. I am fine with that. That's all the RNG you ought to need.

Sigh......

50+ runs to get ash systems

36 and counting to get rhino systems 

LOL, last night I ran "3" back to back Nightmare Modes and got all 3 Rhino BP's within 10min. However before that I spent almost 8 hrs. nonstop farming for Ash BP's and only got "1" Helm in that time period. I would go as far to say the RNG is heavily unbalanced.

before warframe i played a game that i spent 3 years in just to reach decent end game gear what other players where geting within a few months from stretches of extream luck, it had mad RNG and easy trading, i would see people not even near end level get a free ride with maxed weapons that cost like $200 just gifted to them by lucky friends who just own the RNG in the game geting 0.1% rate drops weekly 

RNG can be nasty but compared to what i have seen warframe is FAARRR from bad, bad is when u have ran a 1 a day limited run 300 times x 3 accounts and not even gotten the main drop once, so far i been loving warframes rate and even felt its way to easy being able get almost anything u want in 1 days grind if u stick with it

as for trading sure why not, u know i have a fully capped out friend right now ild love have gift me all the materials i need craft everything in the game instantly : 3 , lol, i do no joke , tho knowing that , i feel trading is a bit bad, its so easy get stuff and just cause i could get everything in the game off a friend if trading was here doesnt mean other people have that, so idk, im kinda here and there with the trading idea, RNG needs a bit of tweaking with serten things but all in all i think its already pretty decent 

This is exactly the way of thinking that led them down this road to begin with.

"Well, we can't make this type of game without screwing our players out of their time!"

Here's the deal. You guys say the idea is that we work hard to get what we want. Trading would undermine this, you claim. We would just be able to get anything we want from friends. We wouldn't have to work for it, and it'd undermine the effort and dedication, and the rush of getting what we wanted.

RNG does the same thing. The exact same thing. It takes the effort, time, and dedication we put in and tosses it on the gambling table before more than likely throwing it away and demanding we do it again. It spits in the face of the spirit of this game and the concept of earning your stuff even more so than trading. At least trading required somebody put in the effort to get whatever is being traded, so it may limit how much A person has to work, but the community as a whole still has to work. RNG throws away everyone's effort.

If we can't have trading because it goes against the spirit of warframe as a game where you earn things, then RNG shouldn't be allowed either, because it goes against the spirit of the game by making our effort and investment mean nothing.

I understand that mod drops need to be somewhat random. I actually like that. It's cool to never know what you're going to pick up, but the fact that those drop everywhere fairly frequently makes them feel much better. I also understand that you need to randomize some end mission rewards. I am fine with that. That's all the RNG you ought to need.

Look man. RNG favors no one. One person could be luckymcfindseverythinginafewruns and another person would have to grind for days to get what he wants. Its just numbers and EVERYONE has the same chance to obtain something.

You guys burn through content patches in a week then BEG for the rest of it when you're finished, So whatever "spirit" you say this game has, No one is trying to embrace it. No one is trying to enjoy this game for what it is and only want that INSTANT GRATIFICATION.

Trading will literally destroy this game. This game is all about having warframes/weapons/mods. Other games you just throw that old crusty low level crap away. Once you have every weapon/frame/mod will you still enjoy the game or just beg for content?

You also don't want a token system. People need to stop asking for token systems. Go play a few games with a token system and tell me you still want it.

God, dude with the rhino pic you are the ignorant fool, games that get to big HAVE to have a trading system, just cause you trade for something you want does not in any way shape or form change the fact that you still had to work for items or credits or what ever to trade for the item you want ... god children are stupid. you work for money at a job to have curency to "trade" for the things you want, same as any game. fact is war frame is getting bigger and bigger with each update and the RNG will not be able to keep up with the growth in this game.

So before you say it will destroy that game, just take a look at other games ...hell even take a look at how real life works.

this game is a boring grinding chore, that's all that's happening here.