Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr's hover...a much needed change from a zephyr fan

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

I was a target fixation user...i used this augment long before the augments rework

I just love tailwind and i love dealing damage with it

Before the augment...it was very hard to maintain the damage...so i just used it in close quarters...hold to hover, get damage stacks for each enemy affected by hover, then dive bomb

It was a cool gimmick until the augment rework made tailwind an absolute blast to play, dive bombing like there's no tomorrow, and slashing enemies with tailwind left and right 

The mod made zephyr more aerial than she could ever be....i absolutely love it 

But then the hover part of the ability...became useless

If you charge the hover for too long you'll loose the stacks

And when you do hover....you're just a sitting duck doing nothing but either shoot stuff or tailwind again

So basically a worse aim glide 

SO

What i can do with this ability, instead of charging...make it a tap or hold, tap to tailwind, and hold to hover 

And add an extra mechanic

If you hold while in the air you'll stop and hover

So it could work as an amazing tailwind cancel

If you tailwind too mcuh, you can hold to stop and hover 

What do you think?

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk

9 minutes ago, BlachWolf said:

I just want her 1 to stop getting me stuck on walls and her two to actually do something. Your hover suggestions dont sound bad, but I just hate hold to remain active abilities.

That's why i added the extra mechanic if you're stuck on walls

Hold to hover and cancel tailwind, it's actually quite simple, that includes the divebomb version of it too...if you dive bomb where you don't want to you can hold and cancel the dive bomb to hover

As for airburst...i agree with you...it sucks having an ability that does little to nothing 

It's seem DE didn't know a good replacement for divebomb before the rework so they just put a projectile attack, like most elemental warframes 

It's also annoying to know that they didn't think about my hold tailwind to cancel animation idea earlier

Really shows how much thought they put into these reworks

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk

Just now, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

That's why i added the extra mechanic if you're stuck on walls

Hold to hover and cancel tailwind, it's actually quite simple, that includes the divebomb version of it too...if you dive bomb where you don't want to you can hold and cancel the dive bomb to hover

As for airburst...i agree with you...it sucks having an ability that does little to nothing 

It's seem DE didn't how a good replacement for divebomb before the rework so they just put a projectile attack, like most elemental warframes 

It's also annoying to know that they didn't think about my hold tailwind to cancel animation idea earlier

Really shows how much thought they put into these reworks

I'd rather have a dive bomb trigger on impact with a wall, that way you'll CC enemies and because dive bomb already cancels all momentum and animation, you wouldnt get stuck on walls while not having to do anything, basically like gauss 1.

1 minute ago, BlachWolf said:

I'd rather have a dive bomb trigger on impact with a wall, that way you'll CC enemies and because dive bomb already cancels all momentum and animation, you wouldnt get stuck on walls while not having to do anything, basically like gauss 1.

That would break tailwind's damage

Tailwind does slash, while divebomb does impact

"Divebomb" doesn't make sense being an horizontal attack

And it's just going to break the ability

Think about it

59 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

That would break tailwind's damage

Tailwind does slash, while divebomb does impact

"Divebomb" doesn't make sense being an horizontal attack

And it's just going to break the ability

Think about it

Most people use this ability for mobility, not dmg. Finally it terms of attacking enemies it would remain the same, since dive bomb would only trigger on collision with world geometry like the floor or walls. The name name might need to be change since it would trigger on all directions, not only when looking down. In terms of real world physics, it doesnt really matter in which direction a projectile with high kinetic energy is travelling, as long as it hits a surface it will create an explosion / crater.

1 hour ago, BlachWolf said:

Most people use this ability for mobility, not dmg. Finally it terms of attacking enemies it would remain the same, since dive bomb would only trigger on collision with world geometry like the floor or walls. The name name might need to be change since it would trigger on all directions, not only when looking down. In terms of real world physics, it doesnt really matter in which direction a projectile with high kinetic energy is travelling, as long as it hits a surface it will create an explosion / crater.

I don't know,  i kind of prefer my idea

And just because small amounts of people use tailwind for damage doesn't mean we should change it because of it 

59 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

I don't know,  i kind of prefer my idea

And just because small amounts of people use tailwind for damage doesn't mean we should change it because of it 

Your hover implementation can still be implemented with my suggestion, my idea centers around fixing the wall kissing issue of her 1 withou the player having to do something. Your hover changes can still function as suggested. My suggestion just changes the behaviour of her 1 on impact with world geometry, which is the main issue of her 1.

Also yes if only a few player use an ability, it should be changed. You're basically saying for example, because some players use chromas 1 it shouldnt be changed.

Edited by BlachWolf

To be completely honest, the Hover as it is has no place in Zephyr's kit. The 'advantage' it has of getting her time off the ground where she can aim without being targeted by melee is... absolutely, pre-emptively negated by the fact that you have to spend the entire time sitting on the ground, charging it up, completely vulnerable to anything wandering by.

And it doesn't do anything to be up there. Want to protect a point with Turbulence? Better done while standing on the objective, not above it. Want to take aim at enemies?Just get some distance, she's fast and mobile enough and you can even lure enemies into a line and let punch-through do your work for you.

But... uhh...

Thanks for making a thread with my idea, after I reminded people that the idea from early 2018 existed on several more recent threads, and even one of your own earlier threads...

You forgot the part where I suggested that Air Burst travels twice as fast while in Hover so that you can target things easier.