Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to beat Jupiter Junction

(NSW)BlorgunVorgun

Question

No matter what I do, I cant seem to beat Jupiter Junction with my lvl 30 volt and lvl 30 weapons, even when my braton has corrosive damage, i get melted immediately. I'm trying to get another warframe, but I need a material from Jupiter.

Update: Just beat it, cheesed it

Edited by (NSW)BlorgunVorgun
  • Like 1

Lol the Junctions are easy. Get a good sniper or bow. I use the dread. If dread which i reccomend, load it up with crit chance mods and viral damage, just search up the build. One hit every junction for me. If you really die too quick I'd reccomend frost because you can use his snow globe and the specter just sit shooting at the globe, to dumb to go inside, meanwhile you shoot them and they die. Or use a good tanky warframe that can do damage reduction and have good armour.

If you cant do any of that, just mod your volt right and focus on surviving over dps, may take awhile if you arent that good/bad weapons. But no junction should be difficult. 

I assume it's Neural Sensors that are keeping you from building other frames.  Volt should be fine, put down a shield to both protect yourself and boost damage.  If the Valkyr Specter roars and gets glowing claws out then that means she's in Hysteria and can't be hurt so stop firing and focus on keeping out of reach as she can only melee in that state.  Once she runs out of energy and returns to normal start firing through a shield again.

Keep an eye out on Cetus Bounties for Neural Sensors as they do turn up there sometimes.  Once you get one I'd recommend building Mag (easy to farm from Phobos boss, The Sergeant).  Her second power, Magnetise is great against Junction specters as it redirects their own fire on themselves and makes them an easier target for you to hit while boosting damage.  You can beat Specters with Mag and a MK1-Braton without any mods in either of them.

Edited by Katinka
Added link to video of Mag with MK1-Braton defeating Valkyr Specter.
  • Like 1

unknown.png

She has high armor and health. Slash based weapons like the Dread are good options.  With Volt, you can use his shield ability to boost your damage if you shoot through it at her.

Slash ignores armor and shields, that is why i recommend it.

Edited by (PS4)Oberionne

What worked for me was to upgrade my melee as far as I could, then jump slam her fast enough so she couldn't get back up and shout (get away till her bar is not gray if she does that, gray = invincibility).

To slam, jump above/near her then press melee while looking down, you don't have to jump high at all to chain those faster, you can slam as soon as you pressed jump, just look down with your camera. 

• Like 1

Had this problem last week, too.. it took me a 15 Minute fight to kill her... you will run out of ammo and its definitely boring but once you got the movement rotation than its just a matter of time.. this video might help you to get the idea:

Edit: I forget to mention that after this fight i switched to HEK Shotgun and i regret not used that weapon earlier for this junction 😄

Edited by GnrlyN

Against valkyr you have to keep away as long as shes using hysteria, you know shes using it when you see a circle around her.

If youre using volt use your 4 to stun her, then go ham on her (you can mod for duration to extend the stun). If your best weapon is melee use speed to increase dps.

Like GnlyN said before me, get the Hek shotgun if you can, it will change your life forever! Good luck!

Edited by (PS4)GAttane
Correcting typos

2 hours ago, AnnoyingBanana said:

Wait has there been something changed with junctions? I've never had any fight longer than like 5 seconds against these bosses.

Depends on the build. If you already had maxed mods and equipment, its easy to complete junctions. Junction combats for me never took more than a second during active combat.

@(NSW)BlorgunVorgun, Valkyr's armor will reduce any damage you do by 80% (give or take a few). Corrosive damage is mandatory in order to take advantage of the damage bonus you get against any Warframe armor, including Valkyr's Specter. The weapon you use will influence the Corrosive damage from your mod combination, based on the weapon's base damage amount. The Braton won't give you much of a benefit, but its still possible to win. You may, however, get better results with a Burston, or a Boltor (IF you get bonus damage from Puncture against it). If you like projectiles better, you can always use a bow and slap it with Corrosive and see if it helps.

13 minutes ago, (NSW)CthulhuAzathoth said:

It had been a while. Do you have forst? Just cast SG. If you want to use volt, cast shield and stun

how do you regen your energy at that level? you start with 50 energy something like that, you can't even cast your 4 once.

(at least there is energy siphon aura in NW this week)

Edited by Kaleeiv

5 minutes ago, (XB1)D3monicDisast3r said:

build the Hek

yep @(NSW)BlorgunVorgun, build the Hek and be amazed at how many 1's you're going to make on that Valkyr specter, even with Corrosive damage applied... I've had plenty on your situation, on the PC side. They progressed almost immediately after my advices... It may work on your case, but it may also not work at all...

I don't know if you're backed up by a clan, or not, but if you aren't being backed up by anyone at all, building the Hek is a mistake that's going to cost you dearly almost immediately.

... decisions, decisions...

1 hour ago, Kaleeiv said:

how do you regen your energy at that level? you start with 50 energy something like that, you can't even cast your 4 once.

(at least there is energy siphon aura in NW this week)

Energy Pizza! You can get it via market, syndicate, or dojo. Yea they are different teirs but anything is better than nothing in a pinch.

2 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I don't know if you're backed up by a clan, or not, but if you aren't being backed up by anyone at all, building the Hek is a mistake that's going to cost you dearly almost immediately.

Hek has a play style that may or may not work for a player. I wouldn't say its a mistake it build.

Edited by Zelmen

27 minutes ago, (XB1)D3monicDisast3r said:

there is the viral and slash combo too that ignores all her armor. Go to the dojo and buy the medium energy restore pad and maybe the medium health pad also. You can drop more then 1 at a time also.

^^ yes that. Time to check Dojos if you didn't already.

You can get a real Streamline mod for energy management from the low level Cetus Bounty too, to replace the flawed crappy one. Some others useful warframe mods to be found there in general. 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Streamline

10 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

Energy Pizza! You can get it via market, syndicate, or dojo. Yea they are different teirs but anything is better than nothing in a pinch.

yes that is why the thread is useful, that junction is where you learn how to get equipped. And you better be for the new Jupiter tile. Not as friendly as the old one. 

Also OP, if you run out of money to buy these blueprints, upgrade your mods and craft backup gear remember that the first mission you do after daily reset (0:00 UTC) gives you credits x2. Gabii on Ceres for example gives 20000+ normally, it makes 40000+ credits if you do it as your first mission. 

Edited by Kaleeiv

24 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

yep @(NSW)BlorgunVorgun, build the Hek and be amazed at how many 1's you're going to make on that Valkyr specter, even with Corrosive damage applied... I've had plenty on your situation, on the PC side. They progressed almost immediately after my advices... It may work on your case, but it may also not work at all...

... decisions, decisions...

Didn't recommend it for valkyr persay but I did forget about the armor vs pellet against her thanks for being the usual asshat that keeps ppl off forums all bow down to the pc masterbators.

Hi TC!

I see some people are giving you helpful information. Most of that will indeed work but I remember having the exact same problem as you a couple weeks ago when I, a fresh new Tenno, had just made my way to the JJ through my solo play. It's seriously a whole new beast from everything previous. I've since optimized my setup and now, yeah, it's pretty easy with gear that I've been able to get from locations on and after Jupiter. Just stepping my way through the star chart solo, the Jupiter Junction was the most difficult challenge yet considering the gear I had at the time I made it to the junction.

Anyway, if you aren't going to spend money to just buy a broken frame to blast your way through without breaking a sweat, I'm going to describe what did work for me and why my basic Volt frame didn't seem to work.

First, the minimal version of my final setup that secured the win for me:

• Warframe: Mag
    • Farm "The Sergeant" at Illiad on Phobos for Mag parts
      • If you're having trouble here try toxic damage to bypass his shields. He's easy, just annoying. Toxic damage Boltor should do the trick
    • Farm plastids from Phobos
      • You should be able to get the required amount of plastids if you're observant while farming "The Sergeant"
    • Farm a control module from the Void
      • Phobos links to the void without the need for a junction fight, you should be able to get the control module you need from the first mission in the void just fine
    • Acquire a neural Sensor from Cetus bounties
      • This is likely why you need to get to Jupiter. You just have to suck it up and do that cetus bounty until you get the sensor.
  • Primary: Strun
    • Purchase directly from the market, don't even need to build it with a blueprint.
    • Equip the mod "Point Blank" maxed as much as you can manage
      • Can be acquired from Cetus Bounties along with the neural sensor
      • Can be acquired from Coba, Earth in the B rotation with an abyssmal <2% drop rate

That's really it. Use her 2, "Magnetize" on the Valkyr Spectre right away and run up the the magnetic bubble (stay outside of it, lol) and pump her full of Strun pellets. Rinse and repeat until she goes down. I had to magnetize her a second time, to be honest. A lot of the damage is going to come from her own weapon. She's locked into place, as well and can't melee you. I'm 90% sure she can't cast Hysteria if she's magnetized but I think you can magnetize her if she's already in hysteria mode which is bad since she'll be invulnerable.

---

I started with Volt, as well, and simply could not pump out enough damage to KO her. I simply could not deal enough damage with the weaponry that I had available to me and would keep running out of ammo in primary and secondary then dying in melee combat. Without access to things like nano spores and copious neural sensors, the weapons you can use are kinda limited (Braton, Strun and Boltor? MK1-Paris is just... no) and getting taxied is a less viable solution on NSW (but I don't want to get taxied cuz I'm a prideful bast@#$!) as we have significantly fewer players (as far as I can tell). I built Mag before I built Hek but Hek is my go-to weapon these days. I'm up to Sedna right now and Hek is just one shotting everything even if they can one-shot me. Popping Volt's 4 to stun the Valkyr Specter then pumping her full of a Hek clip or two would probably work, as well, if you can build up the Hek since neurodes can be obtained significantly more easily than neural sensors at your stage in the star chart.

Excalibur would work too, if you farm that up and figure out how radial blind + finishers with its exalted blade work. Excal also needs a neural sensor, though.

---

Good luck, TC! If you're really desperate for a neural sensor I'd be happy to take you along to Jupiter and farm one or two up with/for you. I need like 8,000 Oxium anyway so I've got to farm Io at some point.

Edited by (NSW)Quarky
typos, clarity, wishing TC luck

1 hour ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

First, the minimal version of my final setup that secured the win for me:

• Warframe: Mag
    • Farm "The Sergeant" at Illiad on Phobos for Mag parts
      • If you're having trouble here try toxic damage to bypass his shields. He's easy, just annoying. Toxic damage Boltor should do the trick
    • Farm plastids from Phobos
      • You should be able to get the required amount of plastids if you're observant while farming "The Sergeant"
    • Farm a control module from the Void
      • Phobos links to the void without the need for a junction fight, you should be able to get the control module you need from the first mission in the void just fine
    • Acquire a neural Sensor from Cetus bounties
      • This is likely why you need to get to Jupiter. You just have to suck it up and do that cetus bounty until you get the sensor.
  • Primary: Strun
    • Purchase directly from the market, don't even need to build it with a blueprint.
    • Equip the mod "Point Blank" maxed as much as you can manage
      • Can be acquired from Cetus Bounties along with the neural sensor
      • Can be acquired from Coba, Earth in the B rotation with an abyssmal <2% drop rate

^ This one knows how to fend for him/herself. Its also a solid advice. I would take it.

Edited by Uhkretor

2 hours ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

I'm 90% sure she can't cast Hysteria if she's magnetized but I think you can magnetize her if she's already in hysteria mode which is bad since she'll be invulnerable.

She can cast Hysteria while Magnetized (as can be seen in the video I linked above) so it's a good idea to watch out for her doing that so you can hold fire and conserve ammo.  She shuts it off pretty quickly though when she's trapped in a bubble.