Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan frame Gal the Cosmic

(XBOX)IzvnvgiKami

Gal the Cosmic

“Gal is a ruthless Guardian of the cosmos. He will kill anyone who opposes him. Careful who you side with tenno” -Lotus

Passive: Gal grants health and over-shields over time

1st ability(Star Gaze): will blind every enemy in gal’s sight (cone radius) but also has a radius of 35m. (10 energy)

• blind lasts for 5/10/15s.

• the blind has a cone radius so every enemy in Gal’s sight will be blinded.

• every blinded enemy will grant gal 1/8 of the Comet Fragments

• comet fragments add up for gal’s 4

2nd ability(Moonlight/Sunshine): sunshine can give allies a resistance to all status effects and healing for 5/15/25s, also give a heat proc to nearby enemies. Moonlight will cloak Gal and his allies for 10/20/30s and give nearby enemies a cold proc. (25 energy)

• you can change the ability from sunshine to moonlight or vise versa by changing the energy color from warm colors or cold colors.

• both abilities have the same range of 5/10/15m. the cloak doesn't need you to stay by Gal for the duration of the ability. 

• the healing is a regen over time effect.

3rd ability(Hollow Void): Gal will summon a blackhole that will pull enemies in to it and can also be charged for greater the range and size. (50 energy)

• adds in +5 range for every 1/4 charged.

• takes a total of 4s to fully charge ability.

• ability will not slow down bosses.

• this ability will not effect turrets.

• this ability can combine with Gal’s 4th ability

4th ability(Comet Smash): Gal gets Fragments of drifting Comets and drops them. this ability can also be charged to add an additional 10% damage and range. (10 Comet Fragments)

• this ability can be combine with Hollow Void(3rd ability) to make a combo ability called Supernova.

• when the comets hit the ground it will explode on contact of anything like enemies or the ground.

• the comets have a blast effect.

• can be aimed

Combo move(Supernova): when Gal combines Hollow Void and Comet Smash it will have the Comet Fragments flood to the blackhole made by Hollow Void. Once Hollow Void is over the Blackhole will explode sending all Comet fragments outward.

I don’t have any art for him but if anyone would like to do art for Gal please do. Plus this is my first fan frame so please don’t criticize too harshly.

Edited by (XB1)DaddyPlutx

The blind is far too powerful. Your description makes it sound as if the enemies don't have to look at you to be blinded. And a 20 second base blind is a bit nuts.

The aoe cloak is waaay too long for a group ability. Doubling even the broken Octavia's 15 second base Nocturne. Its also too cheap. Most 2 skills are 50 energy, and 3 skills are 75. There are a few oddities, but that is the norm. And with how powerful you seem to want the ability to be...

28 is far too many fragments for the ultimate. Unless they do absolutely minor damage per hit.Most ultimates do between 500 and 2000 per cast, depending on the effect. So the meteor fragments would have to be around 150 damage each at that sheer quantity. But it would still be far too much grinding for a single firing of the ability at max.

The combo makes little sense considering the 4 is an ability that only aoe's around Gal's body. If it were a directed skill, or even a random targeted 'rain' skill like Hydroid's 1, it would make sense that aiming the void would focus fire. For instance, a large 15 meter area where each comet fragment strikes a random spot in that area for a medium amount of aoe blast damage. But with the void active, all meteors focus on the center of the void, causing much more stable damage. Your synergy skill actually alters the 4 ability to work completely differently, which would make it far more annoying to program. Best to just have a single firing/aiming type, rather than attempt two completely different ones.

Edited by Riger82

19 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

The blind is far too powerful. Your description makes it sound as if the enemies don't have to look at you to be blinded. And a 20 second base blind is a bit nuts.

The aoe cloak is waaay too long for a group ability. Doubling even the broken Octavia's 15 second base Nocturne. Its also too cheap. Most 2 skills are 50 energy, and 3 skills are 75. There are a few oddities, but that is the norm. And with how powerful you seem to want the ability to be...

28 is far too many fragments for the ultimate. Unless they do absolutely minor damage per hit.Most ultimates do between 500 and 2000 per cast, depending on the effect. So the meteor fragments would have to be around 150 damage each at that sheer quantity. But it would still be far too much grinding for a single firing of the ability at max.

The combo makes little sense considering the 4 is an ability that only aoe's around Gal's body. If it were a directed skill, or even a random targeted 'rain' skill like Hydroid's 1, it would make sense that aiming the void would focus fire. For instance, a large 15 meter area where each comet fragment strikes a random spot in that area for a medium amount of aoe blast damage. But with the void active, all meteors focus on the center of the void, causing much more stable damage. Your synergy skill actually alters the 4 ability to work completely differently, which would make it far more annoying to program. Best to just have a single firing/aiming type, rather than attempt two completely different ones.

Ok thanks for the feedback this is my first frame idea so I'm just trying to make it not too op but make still a useful frame than just a trash frame. I also see what you’re trying to get at with the combo and 4th ability, I'm just trying to have every meteor focus to hollow void for the combo ability. For the 4 I couldn’t find a right amount to have people not instantly get the 4 but also not take to long. But i’ll edit it as i go on and thanks again!

5 minutes ago, (XB1)DaddyPlutx said:

Ok thanks for the feedback this is my first frame idea so I'm just trying to make it not too op but make still a useful frame than just a trash frame. I also see what you’re trying to get at with the combo and 4th ability, I'm just trying to have every meteor focus to hollow void for the combo ability. For the 4 I couldn’t find a right amount to have people not instantly get the 4 but also not take to long. But i’ll edit it as i go on and thanks again!

Think maybe 9-12? It could be 'for every 3-5 blinded enemies that die, another fragment is added to your pool'. That would probably fit what you sound like you're going for. A lightly less grindy version of Nidus' stacks.

And having the 4 target like Hydroid's rain would be a pretty nice way to aim the meteors, and would actually work like a meteor shower. Which fits the frame.

Edited by Riger82

5 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

Think maybe 9-12? It could be 'for every 3-5 blinded enemies that die, another fragment is added to your pool'. That would probably fit what you sound like you're going for. A lightly less grindy version of Nidus' stacks.

And having the 4 target like Hydroid's rain would be a pretty nice way to aim the meteors, and would actually work like a meteor shower. Which fits the frame.

So just have the 4 target single targets but still acts like a meteor shower?

4 minutes ago, (XB1)DaddyPlutx said:

So just have the 4 target single targets but still acts like a meteor shower?

Have you ever played Hydroid? His 1 is a skil that you aim, press the button, and it makes an area get bombarded by repeated drops of 'rain'. While targeted, it isn't 'guided'

The 'rain' is called Tempest Barrage. I feel it fits your meteor barrage look.

Edited by Riger82

4 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

Have you ever played Hydroid? His 1 is a skil that you aim, press the button, and it makes an area get bombarded by repeated drops of 'rain'. While targeted, it isn't 'guided'

The 'rain' is called Tempest Barrage. I feel it fits your meteor barrage look.

Ok and nope I actually never played hydroid but right now I'm grinding for him since his prime was vaulted.

Just now, (XB1)DaddyPlutx said:

Ok and nope I actually never played hydroid but right now I'm grinding for him since his prime was vaulted.

He recently got a rework and is decently viable. If you were on pc, I'd just grab mine and invite you to a group to show you 😞

You could always just look up a hydroind ability video.

Check out 1:21 for the ability.

14 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

He recently got a rework and is decently viable. If you were on pc, I'd just grab mine and invite you to a group to show you 😞

You could always just look up a hydroind ability video.

Check out 1:21 for the ability.

Ah that sucks and im on xbox so yeah 😞 But hows it looking now i just edited it.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)DaddyPlutx said:

Ah that sucks and im on xbox so yeah 😞 But hows it looking now i just edited it.

The only part that still bugs me is 

On 2019-08-25 at 10:30 PM, (XB1)DaddyPlutx said:

drops them in a 20 meter radius of Gal

mixed with

On 2019-08-25 at 10:30 PM, (XB1)DaddyPlutx said:

can be aimed

Can't have both, lol.