Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Mod Upgrades (Could Be Op? Maybe)

Deaths.Reap3r

I think it would be a pretty cool idea if, (before you read this its just my 69 cents) when you rank up a mod, it gives it an additional small change.

So if you dont get what I mean... which probably 96.69% of you probably dont yet... heres an example...

I'll use EVERYONES most favorite mod... I know for a fact that this has to be the most useful and greatest mod out there...

Desecrate!

So.. Right now... When you upgrade it, it just affects the range of the power...

Right now its something like this...

Rank 0 = 1 meter (just guessing)

Rank 1 = 2 meters

Rank 2 = 3 meters

Rank 3 = 4 meters

Rank 4 = 5 meters

What I'm trying to say is.. have all the frame mods do something like this...

Rank 0 = 1 meter

Rank 1 = 2 meters + Higher chance of wielding loot on first cast

Rank 2 = 3 meters + Higher chance of wielding loot on first cast + more loot

Rank 3 = 4 meters + Even Higher chance of wielding loot on first cast + more loot + 25% chance of mod dropping

Rank 4 = 4 meters + Even Higher chance of wielding loot on first cast + Even more loot + 30% chance of mod dropping and 50% chance of it being rare.

Something like that. Obviously not exactly like, but just doing something like that with all the warframe mods...

And make it so its harder to rank up the mods, and obviously EVERY SINGLE rank up doesn't have to change it....

1 last example... but this time with a useless ability that no one likes and should obviously be removed forever...

Chaos.

Rank 0 = 4 meters

Rank 1 = 4.5 meters

Rank 2 = 6 meters + Affected enemies do more damage.

Rank 3 = 7 meters + Affected enemies do more damage + have less health.

Rank 4 = Instakills bosses and gives you 9001 platinum everytime you use it.

See this is something that obviously wouldN'T be op and everyone would be happy.

Anyway, thanks for reading and remember.. Its just my 69 cents. ;D

Sure... Still, I feel like your general idea would be a good concept, but only if it were upgraded minimally. For example, maxing Desecrate would let you roll for loot twice per body instead of the usual one roll of the RNG. Also, it would make the balancing of each abilities buffs even more difficult for DE than it already is, which would be downright painful. 

Besides, most abilities are fine as is in my opinion.